PDA

View Full Version : Post Patch: Fighting in Pepper Park

Flyl
12-12-03, 14:00
Since the patch, I've heard people whining about how they made their PPU to ressurect, yadda yadda, then they deleted and rerolled. FAB. So now we've got less PPUs on pluto. I turned up at Pepper Park because the infamous Rade who loves to hate us (the PPUs) said there was a war going on. Now Pepper Park on pluto used to be 10 PPUs and an APU, and every possible sanctum under the sun up.

So I turned up to find 3-4 APUs, a few spies, 5 or so PE's, couple of tanks, and.. me. One PPU? Always a good sign that perhaps the game is steadily getting balanced.

We were fighting in Pepper Park for about an hour. People zoned in, took shots, and zoned out, because of the fear of death. Now in good faith any of them that did die after zoning back to Plaza 3 I did go and ressurect even though they were enemies, because I was having so much fun. I've not had this much fun in Neocron for a long long time.

http://anarchy-breed.com/crystalblue/shot0001.JPG

http://anarchy-breed.com/crystalblue/shot0002.JPG

Oh as usual I was lame for being a PPU. (According to Casius from FreedomForce). I guess that was because we were winning.

I did parashock a few times, but after the 2nd or 3rd miscast because they were moving so fast I reduced myself to just S&D's. The majority of the deaths were accounted for by Rade and .cyl0n (tank) and I'm pretty sure the APU's didn't actually get a single kill.

Either way GG to everybody who showed up, it was without a doubt the most fun I've had in the game since beta.

Good Job to KK

evs
12-12-03, 14:19
PP fights shouldnt really be happening like they are.

The TS guards are pathetic, and essentially the faction has now been weakened.

there is nothing stopping any other enemy faction from wandering into the TS tradeskiller area and wiping everyone out.

very bad.

also your sig is too wide : please change it.

MayhemMike
12-12-03, 14:28
:O... If i was allie to TS i would just stand behind the guards all day.

evs
12-12-03, 14:55
i was running through pp as my alt who is anti-ts

erm..... lol, they are pointless AND slow.....

give them back rifles instead of damn flamers - they r teh sux0r

ZigZag
12-12-03, 15:02
Duh - u ppl were winning coz u had a ppu - we had PPUs online - we just thought more fun not to have em ..........u know... in the spirit of old PP1 fighting days.

Flyl
12-12-03, 15:04
ZigZag, if I remember right, I wasn't instrumental in your death. in fact yes, I was afk

...And then I came back...

...And your backpack was there...

...All alone...

...Near the zone point...

...No belt...

...Hit/Run/Zone. Lame.

Regardless, I ppu'd for both sides. So the teams were even ^_^

It was all in the name of fun. Nobody won in the end, we all left on good terms and we'll probably be back there tonight.

ghandisfury
12-12-03, 15:52
I got a 5 slotted holy damage boost, and a 4 slotted poison beam last night from PP.......was great fun.;)

Nexxy
12-12-03, 15:54
Looks fun, just quick question....

You know those guards guarding the zone border will they shoot hostiles on sight or only when hit? Ive heard alot of different answears just was a clear one.

ghandisfury
12-12-03, 15:57
Originally posted by Nexxy

You know those guards guarding the zone border will they shoot hostiles on sight or only when hit? Ive heard alot of different answears just was a clear one.

They don't shoot you until you shoot them. Kinda like the cobbot aproach, but you may draw a weapon. But, I'm nuetral to them, so I'm not sure how it works with hostiles.

LTA
12-12-03, 15:58
Originally posted by Nexxy

They spam you first unfortunatly...

Kinda silly really, if your enemy came on your turf would you stand shouting "Get Out Of here"
"Get Out Of here"
"Get Out Of here"
"Get Out Of here"
"Get Out Of here"
"Get Out Of here"

Or would you just grab your wep and waste the no good enemy scum.....

Carinth
12-12-03, 18:36
Most of the guards are not aggressive, but it seems a few have been snuck in that are. As long as you don't hit them, you have no problem. As TS I can wander around pp2 pretty easily, not worrying about the guards. Only aggro guard I've seen is in BD's apt store by the gr at pp3.

I agree with evs, the pp1 situation is pathetic and really makes me depressed about Tsunami. Pepper 1 has been declared our home, our territory. Why should we allow anyone and their mothers to rumble there. I used to be Biotech and going to TG HQ was dangerous. I knew that and accepted it, that's their home! Tsunami should have relative safety in their own home. If a group of BD barge in and start killing, that's great. But it should be a tough task.

Two things need to happen:

1) All Faction Guards will be aggressive and attack hostile factions on sight.

2) Faction Guards will assist Faction Members when they are attacked, regardless of the attacker's faction.

Only then will I want to live in Pepper Park. Until them I'm staying in plaza3. If they eventualy kick us out, then I'll be moving down to the subway.

MayhemMike
12-12-03, 18:44
They give you about 5-10 seconds before they DESTROY you.

Duder
12-12-03, 20:14
Originally posted by Carinth
Most of the guards are not aggressive, but it seems a few have been snuck in that are. As long as you don't hit them, you have no problem. As TS I can wander around pp2 pretty easily, not worrying about the guards. Only aggro guard I've seen is in BD's apt store by the gr at pp3.

I agree with evs, the pp1 situation is pathetic and really makes me depressed about Tsunami. Pepper 1 has been declared our home, our territory. Why should we allow anyone and their mothers to rumble there. I used to be Biotech and going to TG HQ was dangerous. I knew that and accepted it, that's their home! Tsunami should have relative safety in their own home. If a group of BD barge in and start killing, that's great. But it should be a tough task.

Two things need to happen:

1) All Faction Guards will be aggressive and attack hostile factions on sight.

2) Faction Guards will assist Faction Members when they are attacked, regardless of the attacker's faction.

Only then will I want to live in Pepper Park. Until them I'm staying in plaza3. If they eventualy kick us out, then I'll be moving down to the subway.

Im pretty depressed that Tsunamis have clubs near the BD apts and pp2 (BD Turf). Also, The clubs and pubs have bad music, no nothing, bad guards, no gogu etc etc,

Also the Tsunami clan apts are all retarded now...Pepper Park needs a fix...

Carinth
13-12-03, 00:19
Originally posted by Duder
Im pretty depressed that Tsunamis have clubs near the BD apts and pp2 (BD Turf). Also, The clubs and pubs have bad music, no nothing, bad guards, no gogu etc etc,

Also the Tsunami clan apts are all retarded now...Pepper Park needs a fix...

BD's area of influence has never been very clear. The impression I got was that Tsunami primarily controls all of Pepper Park. Our constant fueds with BD are over territory, as BD moved in and shoved us aside. Then even more recently Crahn has started moving in. Hence why there are primarily Tsunami features throughout Pepper Park.

Unfortuanetly the story wouldn't work very well ingame. I agree that its silly to have Tsunami clubs.. And our home apartments!.. in pp2. Yet its also silly for the pp3 gr to have a bd guard, there are no ts guards around that zone yet its supposed to be a contested zone. The bd gr should be in pp2, pp3 should be free.

Even worse are the poor Crahn's, where exactly is their territory? Crahn HQ, Crahn Abbey, and that spot were monk armor was made (forgot the name, like tawnee village or somthin). That's all I can think of for Crahn areas. Maybe they own a portion of the outzone, as if anyone cares about oz aside from new players?

Really only the factions that live outside the city are setup well. Pepper Park/Industrial/Outzone were not really meant for us to live in. If they were, then they would have been made attractive with resources we need. Its really obvious when you look at Neocron, you see Viarossa and Plaza were the two zones made first. They intended the majority of players to live in those two zones. Pepper Park was added on for extra scenery and a place to fight, then Industrial and Outzone are entirely for low level players hunting. Tech Haven, TG HQ, MB were all designed with players in mind, to support them. We're basicly the anti city rejects who still live in the city. :/

Psychoninja
13-12-03, 00:45
The guards at the boarder do DESTROY you after a few secs, I think it depends highly on sympathy. Ex I have -99 Tsunami Shad had -48 or so and wasn't getting shot on his account o_O

I got plastered

btw thanks for the rezz's kay, I thought you were getting annoyed since rezz takes longer so I felt bad when I did die >_<

ghandisfury
13-12-03, 00:49
Was that your HL we got Psyco?

Psychoninja
13-12-03, 00:53
Jep. Kept it out of slot 1 because I'd rather loose that crappy HL I had instead of my Holy Anti Buff I like =P
I still have another so I'm not gonna cry.

I dunno how it happend but you had me plastered to the ground before everyones avatar loaded which ussualy takes about 2 - 3 secs after I synch on :p

Was hoping I'd be able to run back in until para wore off but then you all came in and nailed me :(

KramerTheWeird
13-12-03, 01:04
Yes I think the TS guards attack more based on sympathy. It would be nice if they assisted allied runners and faction runners who are being attacked, regardless by who. It is quite unrealistic when entire clans move in that are neutral, attacking all TS runners and the guards just sit there idly watching them shoot and kill their faction members. All guards should assist their faction and possibly allied runners when they are under attack by anyone.