View Full Version : How to play in windowed mode?

Lanigav
12-12-03, 13:38
I just got a brand spanking new laptop, but it has a widescreeen monitor so the graphics look stretched and doofy. I know there's a way to play it in windowed mode, but I don't remember how. Can someone please tell me? :)

ezza
12-12-03, 13:39
there is the option to change it in the start menu

MayhemMike
12-12-03, 13:48
owned 8| Ya its in the start menu =p

Lanigav
12-12-03, 14:18
Ahh, okay. Well, I was referring to the thing that lets you change your graphics settings when you actually load the game, though I guess this works too. :p

Is there a way to change the size of the window, or its position on the desktop? Kind of annoying playing it fairly small in the corner of my screen. It'd be nice to have it at least be centered.

ReefSmoker
12-12-03, 15:32
Originally posted by Lanigav
Ahh, okay. Well, I was referring to the thing that lets you change your graphics settings when you actually load the game, though I guess this works too. :p

Is there a way to change the size of the window, or its position on the desktop? Kind of annoying playing it fairly small in the corner of my screen. It'd be nice to have it at least be centered.

Add the following line to neocron.ini :

PREFWINDOWSIZE = "1024x768"

Change the 1024x768 to whatever resolution you want windowed mode in :) As for the position of the window, when I start up neocron I then bring up the start menu to bring back the mouse index to the desktop, allowing me to grab the blue title bar for the Neocron window and place it where I want it to sit (normally with trillian down one side and the few desktop icons I have down the left). I also set my taskbar to autohide when I play Neocron for when I'm playing at the same resolution as my desktop (because I like full-screen but don't like the performance hit it gives over windowed mode, so sometimes I go for this when I'm not fussed about messages coming in or doing other stuff while playing NC).

Hope that helps out :)

Take care,

Reefie

Lanigav
12-12-03, 15:41
Sure did! Thanks. :)

Crest
12-12-03, 16:50
This has worked for me , but playing window mode cause my colours to go a little darker and can't adjust them.... Its ok for running 2 accounts for trading and normal work but not for hunting and not when night falls in NC ... any ideas ...

Radeon 9700 Graphics card , with the latest drivers

ReefSmoker
12-12-03, 17:01
Originally posted by Crest
This has worked for me , but playing window mode cause my colours to go a little darker and can't adjust them.... Its ok for running 2 accounts for trading and normal work but not for hunting and not when night falls in NC ... any ideas ...

Can't really comment directly since I'm using an nVidia card on my system just now, all I can say is that I rely upon the in-game settings for graphics to adjust the brightness slightly for windowed mode. You can adjust gamma in the options selected at the login prompt, or you can adjust contrast and brightness in addition to gamma by using the options (F11) in-game :)

Take care,

Reefie