PDA

View Full Version : Return Para And Rezz But Adapt Para Like This

Dont Mess
12-12-03, 03:15
OK KK uve fuked up now this is the worst patch u have 1 or 2 saying its good the majority hate it so just change it bak its all about us the paying custamors happy i know some1 that has left 2day coz of this and im pissed off compleatly para has become strong also its just annoying 40 sec rezz MC5 is impossble now wen u wanna do it 1 ppu 1 tank. rezzing in pp is crazy apu antibuffs u yr dead i couldnt rezz ne1 its just stupid and makes the game boring. yr para ultenatives are keep it slow cast and big mana drain but make the affect of that para crap and/or make duration of para short like 10-15 secs or summin. rezz 40second rezz is 2 long make it 15-20 which is much better. u cant be ppu ne more with this y not ask the ppus. KK y not concentrateon the apusthat nerf u did aint done shit. and get rid of these wanna be hybrids they are annoying.

Sealdude
12-12-03, 03:21
??? Hybrids are god fool!

boone
12-12-03, 03:22
pach is fine, go to another game.

Dont Mess
12-12-03, 03:26
hybrid suck ass they dont do any dmg a noob with a posion halo does more dmg then a hybrid with a beam and i aint dissin i tested and they run round thinkin LOOK AT ME IM UBER I DONT DIE. bam dead in a few cs bursts. believe me apus are better coz they actually hurt and make me run

Tazo
12-12-03, 03:29
oh dear... you and interpunctuation should really get together sometime...

Dont Mess
12-12-03, 03:32
yeh i know im doin my cw chatting on msn listening 2 music and posting. :( i look like some retard that cant write. sorry im just REALLY angry bout this issue now. ive spent months making my ppu and its just a waste now. i hate it.

Oath
12-12-03, 03:33
I deleted my ppu 20 mins after the hotfix......

nuff said.

Dont Mess
12-12-03, 03:37
serious wat levl was yr ppu

Oath
12-12-03, 03:45
/68

2 int from total cap.

not a happy sailor.

Sorin
12-12-03, 03:51
Originally posted by Oath
/68

2 int from total cap.

not a happy sailor.

Wow. Harsh. I bloody hate the resurrection annihilation, my Holy Paralysis nerf I don't really care about since I don't PvP, but I'd go APU before deleting my character. First I was APU, then Hybrid, now PPU. I've put far too much time, effort and work into my character to delete him.

How long did you have your PPU? Were they always a PPU?

Revslad
12-12-03, 03:54
I’ve lost the will to play this game anymore since the patch, I’ve cancelled my account, basically this patch has good and bad points, but more bad, for those who have never played a ppu u have no idea what its like now, especially when your main as a ppu, as stated above mc5 is impossible now with the current rezz rate ... good one kk...:mad:

GambitFlame
12-12-03, 03:57
I agree with this, ive not cancelled my account or deleted my ppu but in my opinion you havent balanced the monk class you killed PPU's totally....how is that balancing ? when it pretty much gimps the PPU part of the monk class

Oath
12-12-03, 03:58
Originally posted by Sorin
Wow. Harsh. I bloody hate the resurrection annihilation, my Holy Paralysis nerf I don't really care about since I don't PvP, but I'd go APU before deleting my character. First I was APU, then Hybrid, now PPU. I've put far too much time, effort and work into my character to delete him.

How long did you have your PPU? Were they always a PPU?

Nah leveld as an apu first tbh, and had her little under 3 months......no loss, she was a cheap whore to play anyway :D

Mr Friendly
12-12-03, 04:17
Originally posted by Dont Mess
hybrid suck ass they dont do any dmg a noob with a posion halo does more dmg then a hybrid with a beam and i aint dissin i tested and they run round thinkin LOOK AT ME IM UBER I DONT DIE. bam dead in a few cs bursts. believe me apus are better coz they actually hurt and make me run

u must only know of some weakass hybrids then :\

CarniFlex
12-12-03, 04:27
dont mess knows me, and Im always inferior in his opinion. Even the times we kick his ass... well... in my dreams anyway. :p

Patch didnt kill ppu's but they did radical change it, I feel to the better but I do understand that ppu's feeling off actually being abit inferior at a time like this. Ppu's are still needed, but places like mc5 should be adapted in patches like these so they "fit" high levelling by either adding some more cover or lesser guards or redo whole mc5 building.

Wannabe
12-12-03, 04:49
Go back playing your Counter-Strike :P

Holy para is fine and the holy rez time is pretty long but atleast you wont have scenarios where you take 5 minutes to kill a fully buffed enemy and once he's down, it takes like 5 seconds for him to get back up.

Now op fights actually require some tactics instead of the winner being the one who has most PPUs.

// Wannabe

Shadow Dancer
12-12-03, 04:51
Killed ppus totally? How so?

Did they nerf shelters and heals on others? Can the ppu not cast level 3 buffs anymore. I'm at a loss. Maybe there was some secret hotfix.

I think it's fine the way it is now.

rob444
12-12-03, 05:10
Keep the old ress duration but make ress consume 100% mana pool ^^

Vid Gamer
12-12-03, 06:42
Originally posted by Oath
/68

2 int from total cap.

not a happy sailor.

That was dumb. What if they ever change it back or fix it to make it better?

TheEnemy
12-12-03, 07:27
Fighting was better when death was final. Now everyone just springs back to life like dying doesn't mean anything. I think the cast rate for rezzing is too long now, but I think it should give the rezzed person some synaptic so they don't just casually go into battle and die with no real consequences.

amfest
12-12-03, 09:55
I've been seeing comments about apu coming and using antibuff while they are rez'in and such .. but umm can't they just stop rezzing and prepare? .. . I think they are too spoiled with Rez as other people are spoiled of always receiving one . . . if it's not safe then you shouldn't be able to rez without risk . .. but as said. . you can stop .. run ... or prepare to protect yourself with your heals, shields, buffs, para, etc .. .etc . .etc .. .

Oath
12-12-03, 11:51
Originally posted by Vid Gamer
That was dumb. What if they ever change it back or fix it to make it better?

As i said i dont care, i didnt play as her anyway through sheer boredom or need would be the only reason, and i hate monks anyway :D.

really though it wasnt as much to do with the patch, it was just the final straw.

Flyl
12-12-03, 14:36
All I can say:

This is your own fault for whining about PPUs in the first place. Maybe next time all you whiners will stop whining and then Reakktor won't listen to your dumb shit ideas and instead will make the game how they intended it to be originally.

You can't request balance through whining because you'll always be biased. The new changes are fine, if you don't like it then don't reply to any nerf posts in the future.

-end of rant-

GT_Rince
12-12-03, 14:38
Originally posted by Dont Mess
1 or 2 saying its good the majority hate it

LOL - Bollocks. Read the patch thread - most are saying they like it with just a couple of peeps whining about it :)

I love it when peeps get their facts wrong :D

Flyl
12-12-03, 14:40
btw I'm a PPU, at first when I saw the patch notes I was horrified that through pressure on the forums Reakktor had done this, after playing for a few hours this is probably amoungst the better things they've ever done to the game. Sure I can't ressurect under fire from more than one person, but the atmosphere at an op war or zone war is just something that you HAVE to be a part of.

The test war we had with Spirit yesterday was the best Op war I've been at in a very long time.

Dissenter
12-12-03, 14:43
I'm yet to try an op war with the new patch changes, but I'm guessing it will be much better as flyl described.

The team who kills most of the other might actually win for a change instead of PPUs rezzing the apus and all hell breaking loose.

Vid Gamer
12-12-03, 20:18
I also like this patch as well.

The only people complaining are PPU's who hate not being God and PK'ers who can't raid anything anymore (although I do agree guards are a bit overpowered).

Oath
12-12-03, 20:29
hmm.......

Ive said all along i liked the patch.....

Theres not point however in being a low level ppu,

Adn i deleted mine for several reasons:

1) The patch *though not the biggest reason*.
2) She was on uranus......
3) I hate monks.
4) I was bored of her.
5) She killed pvp.
6) She killed opwars.
7) She was Dull to play.

So, to say im whining isnt a true statement.........

Psycho Killa
12-12-03, 20:43
Ive been a PPU for damn close to a year now and I think its just fine the way it is. Fuck I think parashock should be nerfed more and maybe even our s/d/h turned down a tad.

If you where a ppu for the right reasons you wouldnt mind this at all.

I have a mid level ppu and i ressed my apu friend just fine with the Shaman and 7 other mobs in the room. All it takes is a bit of cover and some actual intelegence and its fine.

CRAIG DIGGERS
12-12-03, 21:01
Originally posted by boone
pach is fine, go to another game.
i did ;)

Punisher-X
12-12-03, 21:21
How can you moan about MC5 being too hard now, as a tank + PPU?
Might just be me, but I always figured that MC5 was designed for a GROUP of high level character to take it on, not just one character with a strap on dildo (PPU).
I mean come on, *boohoo* I cant kill all of the MC5 mobs on my own now, think you need to rename yourself, Dont-Think -- Don't Use Commas.

Shadow Dancer
12-12-03, 21:22
Originally posted by Punisher-X
How can you moan about MC5 being too hard now, as a tank + PPU?
Might just be me, but I always figured that MC5 was designed for a GROUP of high level character to take it on, not just one character with a strap on dildo (PPU).
I mean come on, *boohoo* I cant kill all of the MC5 mobs on my own now, think you need to rename yourself, Dont-Think -- Don't Use Commas.

Well, if it's designed for a GROUP. Then the drop rate should reflect that IMO. :D

Punisher-X
12-12-03, 21:29
Maybe they expect a group of "grown adults" to be able to share the drop hmm?
Since most people go with ppl they know, I cant see how it is a problem. If people arent willing to share out the drop, KK can't be expected to increase the drop rate for those selfish tossers now can they ? :D

Sanch0s
12-12-03, 21:58
OMG your all fucking stupid who gives a fuck about rezz return it its probally better just get the fuck rid of parashock, its shit and ruins the game. I hate being parashocked its fucking bs just get rid of parashock, get rid of it,kill it ffs

SeXy Happy
12-12-03, 22:02
WOOHOO! I love this patch! My tank might actually be able to do something now! Yeah!!!

Sanch0s
12-12-03, 23:17
Yeah ur tank will STILL get parashocked AND STILL run at 2mph and STILL die like normall. ONLY now it will take about a minute to get ressed or longer cos ur ppu wil get RAPED whilst ressing you.

All that thanks to PARASHOCK!!!!!!!!!!

SeXy Happy
12-12-03, 23:28
DRUGS!!!

Tazo
13-12-03, 00:28
Originally posted by Sanch0s
Yeah ur tank will STILL get parashocked AND STILL run at 2mph and STILL die like normall. ONLY now it will take about a minute to get ressed or longer cos ur ppu wil get RAPED whilst ressing you.

All that thanks to PARASHOCK!!!!!!!!!!
Antidrug starts with a capital "A" and ends with a "ntidrug"

Sako
17-12-03, 04:31
Para shok is insane at the moment - i have swaped my QB set up to use 4 slots JUST for AntiShok, oddly enough i am parad more now than before th nerf as it is not a slow down but a FULL stop, no move nada - its just massively better than before.

I also now carry 12 antishock drugs for OP fights (almost as many as PSi boosters) and I regularly use 6+ drugs a fight (usually dieing due to being para;d to a stand still and ganked as i am unable to move.

If You say use drugs then KK have to implement multi use antishock drugs (liek psi boosters / stam boosters or auto resupply from BP. Why - if i stand still long enough to swap drugs im deader than tank tops.

Ferabukoo
17-12-03, 17:05
All it did was change the tactics of an op fight. It changed it from killing the ppu's first, to now killing the apu's then the tanks. Once the ppu starts to rez hes done if he trys to complete it. Its not so bad now, i kind of like the change, i havent had a prob ressing people in op fights, and now instead of 2 ppu's we have 5 or 6 :) :) So all it did was change the tactics around a little.

Archeus
17-12-03, 17:28
The only people complaining are PPU's who hate not being God and PK'ers who can't raid anything anymore (although I do agree guards are a bit overpowered).

As a PPU I like the patch.

It means that my MC5 chip is now worth a hell of a lot more, and I make lots more money now from poking.

Plus I get to laugh at the people looking for pokes who canvassed so hard to get this change put in.

Also if you see a PPU starting to rezz you, stopping them sexing your corpse... it was probably me. :lol:

Zanathos
17-12-03, 17:45
Not gonna bother read all the posts, all I'll say is :

ReaKKtor took the traditional sledge hammer aproach.

I have an idea which is much better, I shall submit them to the devs when I feel that I have thought through them completly and when they are finished with my current patch of ideas ^_^

Originally posted by Ferabukoo
All it did was change the tactics of an op fight. It changed it from killing the ppu's first, to now killing the apu's then the tanks. Once the ppu starts to rez hes done if he trys to complete it. Its not so bad now, i kind of like the change, i havent had a prob ressing people in op fights, and now instead of 2 ppu's we have 5 or 6 :) :) So all it did was change the tactics around a little.

I was at my first official outpost war with my clan today. We were retaking an Outpost that was captured by enemies.

I've been at a few other outpost wars but it was near the conclusion of the battles.

I'm tellin ya, if they didnt nerf ressurect, we would still be fighting there I bet ya. Instead the fight lasted a half hour rather than 6 hours. The PPU they had probably would of kept ressurecting everyone we killed. (It was a small Outpost war, 2 enemy APU's, a spy and a ppu vs my PE, 2 apus and a ppu)

But the PPU did manage to ressurect twice I think I recall.

I like the changes and I HAVE A PPU!

But I think they overdid it a little.

Ralendil
17-12-03, 19:29
Originally posted by GambitFlame
I agree with this, ive not cancelled my account or deleted my ppu but in my opinion you havent balanced the monk class you killed PPU's totally....how is that balancing ? when it pretty much gimps the PPU part of the monk class

same as you

but i think about deleting my ppu (psi 98, int 86, all spells capped) to make a tank during the last months that will last my account...

and as a consequence... instead of connecting me to NC several hours per day, I play Nc only few minutes (yesterday less than an hour^^)