PDA

View Full Version : Another list of things KK didnt tell us

DigestiveBiscui
12-12-03, 01:27
mad - YES

why - because KK put a load of things in the patch notes again and didnt tell us

why they do that - because they think its funny

1. spiderbots changed - they now shoot on sight, they shoot a hell of a lot quicker and walk quicker

2. I have 179 p-c and my lib IS NOT CAPPED. thats right - ROF = 363 a min not the capped 370. Dunno why, another KK piss about

3. PE heal fucked - see thread here (http://neocron.jafc.de/showthread.php?s=&threadid=84608)

Tell me why we should bother. We had some great changes, but they have done it again and not told anyone, and nerfed more things

{MD}GeistDamnit
12-12-03, 01:30
goddamnit :mad:

also there are old bugs comming back. let's hope this is not intentional, just when i started using my Private Eye again :(

DigestiveBiscui
12-12-03, 01:32
i spend ages on my pe, setups and all, now i cant be arsed to play him or pay for neocron right now because of this stupid error

i might get over it after a nights sleep, but i doubt it

{MD}GeistDamnit
12-12-03, 01:33
just hope it's a error, cause I hate a shitty heal :(

Shadow Dancer
12-12-03, 01:34
Um, are you sure you're not mistaken?

I've seen this happen a hundred times. After every patch there's someone saying "OFOMMFOOMGOMG NERF THAT WASN'T IN PATCH NOTES" and then some change. I'm not saying you're wrong, i'm saying that I'm highly skeptical.

Maybe an official word would be nice.

DigestiveBiscui
well it has to be, either that or you may as well have about 10 ppu and thats it, bung the rest somewhere else

{MD}GeistDamnit
I'm gonna log my pe and test. brb with an edit.....

EDIT: Mine worked ok :wtf:

DigestiveBiscui
12-12-03, 01:35
Originally posted by Shadow Dancer
Um, are you sure you're not mistaken?

I've seen this happen a hundred times. After every patch there's someone saying "OFOMMFOOMGOMG NERF THAT WASN'T IN PATCH NOTES" and then some change. I'm not saying you're wrong, i'm saying that I'm highly skeptical.

Maybe an official word would be nice.

i sat there and watch my heal creep up like a damn tank, im certain smoething is wrong - but i would like an official word, but they dont come cheap :p

naimex
12-12-03, 01:39
dude no offense ^^

i was out hunting with an apu on my tank char..

ye sure i had time to kill spiderbot sentries, warbots, launchers and mad copbots and keep the apu healed with tank buffs ^^

only died once when 4 wbs spawned on me...

its not even close to noticeable if there are any changes to the spiderbot sentries..

not to brag, not to b0rk you.. just to give you my experience on this point.. and tbh.. it says. no, they were not changed in any way ^^

DigestiveBiscui
12-12-03, 01:41
then u havent noticed how quick they fire and how fast they run towards you when they are firing, go back and stand next to one, see what it does :p

naimex
12-12-03, 01:45
Originally posted by DigestiveBiscui
then u havent noticed how quick they fire and how fast they run towards you when they are firing, go back and stand next to one, see what it does :p

it dies after 60 shots from speedy ^^
it does 4 dmg per hit
and it moves about the speed of a sentinel

DigestiveBiscui
12-12-03, 01:55
mine legs it along the floor like its got a rocket up its arse lol

By the way - about the heal

i found that it is a bug, where it occurs sometimes.

I synced out of pp and i was healing like a tank, went in pp and it was ok, out again and it was fucked

i went back to mb and asked someone to shoot me and i think its ok again, but im sure somethings wrong with it

Shadow Dancer
12-12-03, 01:58
mine legs it along the floor like its got a rocket up its arse lol

By the way - about the heal

i found that it is a bug, where it occurs sometimes.

I synced out of pp and i was healing like a tank, went in pp and it was ok, out again and it was fucked

i went back to mb and asked someone to shoot me and i think its ok again, but im sure somethings wrong with it

That happens from time to time. Sometimes my hybrid heal only does 8 per tick. O_o

Most of the time it's 15-20.

DigestiveBiscui
12-12-03, 01:59
yea my pe does 3 sometimes, usually its 8-15 or so i guess, dunno really, i never looked. But i usually heal quicker :p

Spoon
12-12-03, 02:09
2. I have 179 p-c and my lib IS NOT CAPPED. thats right - ROF = 363 a min not the capped 370. Dunno why, another KK piss about

You using MindControl 3?

-Demon-
12-12-03, 02:20
Or any of the mindcontrol cpus...they now minus weapon lore.

As well as plus more...in transport etc.

Nice addition for droners.

shardl0r
12-12-03, 04:19
Weaponlore doesn't affect pistol frequency, so that can't be it.

Spiderbots have DEFINATLY been buffed. I've never paid SB any notice before, and when I was out hunting tonight, I came very close to dying from 1 small and 1 regular spiderbot. They are now lethal enough to justify thier rank, moreso than cyclops IMHO. Good change :)

|R@zor|
12-12-03, 04:40
never noticed anything different about my PE heal, but i did notice a big difference to the spider bots rate of fire, they run a hell of a lot faster now and seem a little smarter too.

•Super|\|ova•
12-12-03, 08:14
Yup. I logged on Pluto as 3rd person after the patching and I had logged off at gabanium. Went for some WBs and had to deal with some SBs and I noticed that they had been changed a bit. They shoot you even if you just run in the distance and their range seems to be better than before. And I think they move faster also. And believe me... I have been dealing with those mobs ALOT since I've had second account ONLY for hunting for like 6 months so I know how they used to behave.

rob444
12-12-03, 09:10
I was playing my apu and the spiderbots really hurt him :P

DigestiveBiscui
12-12-03, 09:48
1. yes i have a mind control 3 in, didnt realise the changes, ill try a motoric tonight but i cant really see anything happening

2. I'm not saying the SB isnt good, im just annoyed at teh fact they didnt tell us AGAIN

3. the heal bug only happens from time to time for me

wun
12-12-03, 09:52
heal seemed the same..

but yeah.. the spider bots seem to be firing much faster...

and they seem to attack more... especially the large ones... they used to just stand there...

DigestiveBiscui
12-12-03, 09:54
yea, both shoot if you get too close, it wasnt fun to find that out on my apu trust me :p

rob444
12-12-03, 10:01
They didnt mention another thing which is very positive. Citycom and map "reacts" much faster now, try viewing members in a clan, wooohoo, the speed of light (well.. almost)

DigestiveBiscui
12-12-03, 10:03
and the faction logos are back :p

rob444
12-12-03, 10:07
Now that I didnt notice. However, another unnoted change: Wind sound effects in wastelands are gone, it's to quiet! What happened to the wind? Someone killed it?

DigestiveBiscui
12-12-03, 10:07
i notcied that, post it in the facts cause i want my wind back :p

rob444
12-12-03, 10:13
Yeah! Wind!! Anyway, this thread is becoming a chat thread, Im going to bed, nn :wtf:

* Ice_ has left neocron.jafc.de (bed)

MjukisDjur
12-12-03, 10:18
onoz spiderbot sentrys... run forrest run

lol, what is the matter with you guys. If your heal is borked that is one thing but who the heck cares about a sentrys :P
I say beef them up to 70 and make them drop useful stuff.
If a spiderbot hurts you as a apu then I think you need to take a small look on your piercing/force setup.

rob444
12-12-03, 10:55
Actually, I got all on resist force so I dont think my "piercing/force" resist is that crap.