PDA

View Full Version : Nerf the TS Flamer guards

robdekoning
11-12-03, 23:20
Probably some have allready noticed but dont attack the tsunami guards which are carrying a flame thrower. THey kill u in 3 secs, well im ppu and i lasted like 7 secs with HUGE bounch dmg, now dont tell me im a sucky ppu cuz i am but other ppus died too within no time. So ffs nerf em

robdekoning
11-12-03, 23:36
Someone has to fuckign agree with me on this?

Mumblyfish
11-12-03, 23:38
No. You're not supposed to be there if you're hostile to Tsunami. It's their turf, you've got no place in it.

Psycho Killa
11-12-03, 23:39
Thats complete horseshit you should stand a fighting chance against any faction guard.

Marzola
11-12-03, 23:40
Originally posted by Mumblyfish
No. You're not supposed to be there if you're hostile to Tsunami. It's their turf, you've got no place in it.

What he said. It's their turf.

robdekoning
11-12-03, 23:41
Originally posted by Psycho Killa
Thats complete horseshit you should stand a fighting chance against any faction guard.

Indeed, look its ok if a normal player dies within 7 secs but a fucking ppu? im somewhere around 68/58

Nexxy
11-12-03, 23:42
They only shot my tank once did 50 damage, not sure if i wouldve stood their longer how long i wouldve lasted though...

Anyway im not too bovered about it

Judge
11-12-03, 23:45
I'm of the opinion that faction guards should support the runners in that area, not be instakill guards which stop anyone getting in, if a faction is not strong enough to protect their area then they can fuck off basically. Players should have an affect on the areas, not just NPCs and there should be some sort of dynamticity.

This is the old "sledgehammer" approach rather than just creating balanced NPCs that a capped player has a chance against they have made them massively powerful. So we go from absolute laughable (except the tsunami guards which did actually hurt a bit) shite to copbot standards.

Dont Mess
11-12-03, 23:47
OMFG i agree ronk dont worry they are 2 OVER powered half a burst took my FULLY capped spy down to like 0 then i zoned and it jumped. the thing is if not nerf em im saying move em abit uve gone and put 2 guards were the cops were makes a doff but its BS if u accidently hit em in pvp yr fuxed 100%

Xian
11-12-03, 23:51
I think KK have the right idea. Guards certainly needed beefing up and some sort of "shoot the enemy instead of watch him kill my faction friends" AI.

However, I do agree that for the most part, they can be insanely strong. I shot a TS guard with my plasma pistol and took 300 damage in one shot, which is all the hp of my low-level PE. It bounced back up to about 25 (which is why I lived, heh), but I still thought it was a little strong. I do enjoy it more than the old "you better get out of here before I shoot!" crap, but I think a little tweaking is in order damage wise.

Don't forget, people learn from their mistakes.

robdekoning
11-12-03, 23:58
yeah but no more pp fights, and that sucks, the guards will ruin it. Same with rades, who is ever gonna rade tech haven again? 123491023443 + 10 x 10000 turrets there (Rading = roleplay)

Xian
12-12-03, 00:04
Originally posted by robdekoning
yeah but no more pp fights, and that sucks, the guards will ruin it. Same with rades, who is ever gonna rade tech haven again? 123491023443 + 10 x 10000 turrets there (Rading = roleplay)

Raiding = roleplay? Previously you could storm into any faction HQ and make sweet love to the guards without them doing anything; now they fight for the territory they are supposed to be guarding and you complain?

No more PP fights. You mean no more PP fights between people that, according to the storyline, should step into PP1 greeted by a hail of bullets and plasma because they're enemies to TS? Okay, as I already said, the guards are a tad too powerful at the moment and tear through people without giving them any chance, but at least they actually do something.

VictorKruger
12-12-03, 00:04

again you are wrong, there were a bunch of protopharm and BD over at pp2 today on the saturn server, and the TS guards didn't bother them because they didn't seem them, they were between the entrance to plaza and the entrance to club veronique.

Pretty much it's the same, just with different and stronger gaurds as pp2 goes.

icarium
12-12-03, 00:06
we ts get killed in plaza zones your guards do the same dmg to us.

the answer is simple, stay out of PP. if u wanna slum it join ts baby ;)

robdekoning
12-12-03, 00:17
Originally posted by VictorKruger
again you are wrong, there were a bunch of protopharm and BD over at pp2 today on the saturn server, and the TS guards didn't bother them because they didn't seem them, they were between the entrance to plaza and the entrance to club veronique.

Pretty much it's the same, just with different and stronger gaurds as pp2 goes.

Im talking about pp1 fights.
and ts flamer guards do WAY more dmg than copbots

Carinth
12-12-03, 00:17
Let me get this straight, you're complaining that a TS guard killed you *after you attacked it*

Why don't you just not attack our guards? They'll leave you alone as long as you're not inside a club or something. I can hang out in pp2 with hostile guards all around, no problem. Earlier in pp1 the guards stood by while I was nearly killed. This has no effect on pp fights.

I'll bet you enjoyed bein in plaza 1 and watchin anti city folk die. :p

VictorKruger
12-12-03, 00:21
Im talking about pp1 fights.
and ts flamer guards do WAY more dmg than copbots

yes pp1 fights, that' s what i ment...just a typo that i didn't pick up until too late.

Marx
12-12-03, 00:31
Originally posted by Mumblyfish

Carinth
12-12-03, 00:34
Has anyone ever complained that they couldn't get into TG HQ? No, it's accepted that if you're hostile to TG you shouldn't be in their home zone. That was the intention with pp1 and pp2, but it seems the guards are just there for show. I really don't see how you can complain about a mob that doesn't attack you unless you attack it. Do you have a compulsive desire to attack everythin you see?

numb
12-12-03, 00:37
Maybe have pp1 fights in pp3 instead?!!

\\Fényx//
12-12-03, 00:40
Originally posted by numb
Maybe have pp1 fights in pp3 instead?!!

bwahaha dont be so silly, theres no safezones for them to run to :rolleyes: :p

Mumblyfish
12-12-03, 00:40
Last time I suggested that I got called a carebear :wtf:

greploco
12-12-03, 01:00
--------> if a faction is not strong enough to protect their area then they can fuck off basically.

na, thats a sure fire recipie to drive people into fewer factions and less variety

BombShell
12-12-03, 01:05
hehe i love it even thou my spy died like 7 times in pp do to ts guards but its great everywere but i hate that thay carry flamers but its something i think ts should keep on using assult rifles and bd shutguns but thats just me :)

only to make it more to its type but a gun is a gun if u die form it its worth it :)

naimex
12-12-03, 01:56
Indeed, look its ok if a normal player dies within 7 secs but a fucking ppu? im somewhere around 68/58

uhhm.. ok first ur rank is preeettttyy low for a PPU...

now anyways I have to agree on this..

a PPU can outheal Storm Bot a tank is dying after about 50-60 hits by them ^^

Why should faction guards be stronger than Storm Bots ??

just have to ask ^^

Scikar
12-12-03, 01:57
Let's increase the power of CopBots then. :D

g0rt
12-12-03, 01:58
plaza fighting is ruined

plain and simple

its not gonna change because theres 3 or 4 people on here that don't care and they will just cry about it and ensure it doesn't get changed.

pepper park 1 should have NO GUARDS like pp3, and pp3 should be tsnuami hq or something should be changed.

pp1 is a fighting zone for all factions, and its been ruined now, one of the few things left I actually enjoyed in Neocron...and many others did too...now gone.

theres only so many nails that can go into the coffin

ezza
12-12-03, 02:00
ive been fighting in PP1 most of this evening, and sure they do mad damage, but im not that bothered tbh, i can still fight there, and i am on enemy territory(being BD) so i should have to be careful.

i love the new changes, word of warning, dont expect to enter PP2 as a BD enemy and live;)

VictorKruger
12-12-03, 02:02
Originally posted by ezza
ive been fighting in PP1 most of this evening, and sure they do mad damage, but im not that bothered tbh, i can still fight there, and i am on enemy territory(being BD) so i should have to be careful.

i love the new changes, word of warning, dont expect to enter PP2 as a BD enemy and live;)

enter there i live there... and i've ran around there and they haven't even fired one shot at me, and im TS.

ezza
12-12-03, 02:03
Originally posted by VictorKruger
enter there i live there... and i've ran around there and they haven't even fired one shot at me, and im TS.

damn they must be slacking:p

everyone else has been taken down, or ran for there life:lol:

Carinth
12-12-03, 02:18
Originally posted by g0rt
pepper park 1 should have NO GUARDS like pp3, and pp3 should be tsnuami hq or something should be changed.

pp1 is a fighting zone for all factions, and its been ruined now, one of the few things left I actually enjoyed in Neocron...and many others did too...now gone.

theres only so many nails that can go into the coffin

Just because everyone used it as a fighting zone, doesn't mean it is one. Tsunami Headquarters and the majority of our resources are in pepper 1. Just as the BD HQ is in pp2 and the rest of their resources. Whats wrong with moving the fight to pp3? Worried about not having a safe zone to escape too?

PS. ezza, they're a bit pushy but none of them attacked me either : ) Well except for the one in pp3 in the bd apt store by the gr. He torched me pretty well, had to get a new cloak!

MayhemMike
12-12-03, 02:18
Sorry, But this game sucks now, i can outheal 3 copbots but i can't outheal one TS guard.....

{MD}GeistDamnit
12-12-03, 02:25
Originally posted by Judge
I'm of the opinion that faction guards should support the runners in that area, not be instakill guards which stop anyone getting in, if a faction is not strong enough to protect their area then they can fuck off basically. Players should have an affect on the areas, not just NPCs and there should be some sort of dynamticity.

This is the old "sledgehammer" approach rather than just creating balanced NPCs that a capped player has a chance against they have made them massively powerful. So we go from absolute laughable (except the tsunami guards which did actually hurt a bit) shite to copbot standards.

Amen

Hopefully in doy things will change but for now at least the zones are split up nice and it does make rp forced a bit more. maybe kk are trying to "train" the community :p

-Demon-
12-12-03, 02:28
Well personally the guard idea has changed very quickly.

I always thought they were going to still have the copbots posted on the enterances to plaza from pepper park.

In a roleplay sense keeping the troublemakers out..almost like a guard tower/road block sort of thing.

Think it has sort of killed the pvp we know and love in pp.

numb
12-12-03, 02:29
Originally posted by ezza
damn they must be slacking:p

everyone else has been taken down, or ran for there life:lol:

Maybe it's a question of how much sympathy you have in BD. I've run back and forth through pp2 many times this evening with my low(ish) level spy on pluto, he's been LEd while I've been levelling him [that is soon to change ;)], so his BD symp is something like +10.

ezza
12-12-03, 02:32
Originally posted by numb
Maybe it's a question of how much sympathy you have in BD. I've run back and forth through pp2 many times this evening with my low(ish) level spy on pluto, he's been LEd while I've been levelling him [that is soon to change ;)], so his BD symp is something like +10.
aint just taking guards, the place was full of BD runners earlier;)

VictorKruger
12-12-03, 02:52
Originally posted by MayhemMike
Sorry, But this game sucks now, i can outheal 3 copbots but i can't outheal one TS guard.....

well...bye...

/me opens door and points him to it.