PDA

View Full Version : List of possible exploitable areas

SovKhan
11-12-03, 22:02
Could someone post a list of areas which have clipping issues so i may not go there to fight?

the last thing i want to have is being accused of exploiting a bug, and since everyone mysteriously knows of these could there be a list posted somewhere where runners could view and make sure they are not exploiting?

KimmyG
11-12-03, 22:02
Everwhere has clipping issuses.

Lafiel
11-12-03, 22:03
true.. but its funny how i get called an exploiter when i fight in TH and threatened to be banned :rolleyes:

SovKhan
11-12-03, 22:03
ok so i wont leave my appartment anymore because i can be accused of exploiting.

SigmaDraconis
11-12-03, 22:04
Tell that to certain GM's

anyways ....

Uplink GR's

most OPs

Pepper parks 1-3

TH 1 and 2

Most outzone sectors

Apartments

Most faction HQ's

and im sure theres more....

Uber
11-12-03, 22:09
what, so everytime i go to an Op fight, i will he done for Exploiting ?

for what ?!? fighting at a OP ?

:confused:

japata
11-12-03, 22:12
I can see where's this going... soon they'll replace cannons with scythes, rifles with watering cans and pistols with hoes. OP sectors with fields, apartements with farms... then we'll have NeoMoon :)

SigmaDraconis
11-12-03, 22:14
No...but everytime you go near a wall building fence object or terrain feature you may be displayed inside said objects, or in a false position around it, on other runners screens i.e. clipping error exploits so just make sure your a good 100m away from any object or you may be accused of exploiting..

thought of more places...

chaos caves

Th level 2 apts

anywhere near a grav lift

worm tunnels

MB sectors 1-3

Canyon sector

Plaza sewers

Aggy cellers

I'm sure theres still more...

( and no im not being sarcastic, ive seen this supposed "exploit" "used" in all mentioned areas. )

Krll
11-12-03, 22:15
Originally posted by Uber
what, so everytime i go to an Op fight, i will he done for Exploiting ?

for what ?!? fighting at a OP ?

:confused:

I think he was exagerating... if you notice, the zones he mentioned make up about 90% of the game. :)

But then again, there are some people in the game who will cry "h4x!" at the drop of a hat.

Edit: Ok... so apparently you aren't joking, my bad. :)

-Krll

petek480
11-12-03, 22:17
Originally posted by Lafiel
true.. but its funny how i get called an exploiter when i fight in TH and threatened to be banned :rolleyes:
Thats not bad, when crackheads pked at TH they accused us of harassing them and said if we didnt stop pking they would ban us.

Uber
11-12-03, 22:20
From what i hear, if you have a fight in Tech Haven, and someone cant see you, during that fight, YOU get accused of exploiting, if someone else can not se eyou how are you supposed to know that ?

And if net code and/or server positioning is that bad in a specific area of the NeoCron map, surly that area should be closed off, fixed, and reopened, not left for people to fight, unaware of these problems, and be accused of exploiting and threatened with a ban...

Mr Friendly
11-12-03, 22:22
Originally posted by SovKhan
ok so i wont leave my appartment anymore because i can be accused of exploiting.

& then have the FA guys jump you when ur not fighting in this "do not fight" zone, all right after they were told to drop their weapons also :rolleyes:

SigmaDraconis
11-12-03, 22:23
Originally posted by petek480
Thats not bad, when crackheads pked at TH they accused us of harassing them and said if we didnt stop pking they would ban us.

It's really all theyre doing to him, just a different excuse for doing it.

bounty
11-12-03, 22:26
From what i hear, if you have a fight in Tech Haven, and someone cant see you, during that fight, YOU get accused of exploiting, if someone else can not se eyou how are you supposed to know that ?

And if net code and/or server positioning is that bad in a specific area of the NeoCron map, surly that area should be closed off, fixed, and reopened, not left for people to fight, unaware of these problems, and be accused of exploiting and threatened with a ban...

Yeah there is no question that there is a huge problem. I don't know if it is runner specific or what but when mercuri was there, i saw text floating in the air, but no body and no name on local. Also i saw 2 tanks on my screen, yet was getting poisoned by a 3rd person not on the screen and there were even only 2 on local. SO i don't know what the hell is going on. I do however completely agree, they need to put this at the very least as a sticky in the forums and maybe even have somehing formal in game.

Uber
11-12-03, 22:26
Meh, i think threatening with a Ban, is bang out of order.

and also apparentally moveing him ( with RED soulight ) into Plaza 1 !!! <- that is appauling

SovKhan
11-12-03, 22:29
Originally posted by bounty
Yeah there is no question that there is a huge problem. I don't know if it is runner specific or what but when mercuri was there, i saw text floating in the air, but no body and no name on local. Also i saw 2 tanks on my screen, yet was getting poisoned by a 3rd person not on the screen and there were even only 2 on local. SO i don't know what the hell is going on. I do however completely agree, they need to put this at the very least as a sticky in the forums and maybe even have somehing formal in game.

i can see if there is an exploit where people should not be be there fighting. but if GMs are aware of this exploit it should be fixed or closed off or made into a safezone. instead of not informing people.

SigmaDraconis
11-12-03, 22:37
Well the thing is the person being accused of exploiting was simply fighting normally, as they would in any other zone....the fact that you may not have been able to see him his a netcode problem thats is completely random, and just as likly to happen in the opposite way ( i.e. you being invisable or drifting in a wall on hsi screen ) yet hes being accused of purposly exploiting it. ON top of that he was GM warped into the middle of plaza 1 with red SL ...since when did that become standerd protocol?

btw add plaza sector 1 and 2 to that list..ive never seen it happen in 3 or 4 but im not saying it doesnt ;)

Archeus
11-12-03, 22:38

Easy, your health drops for no reason and the bots go crazy for no reason.

Look everyone who has been whining knows it is an exploit. Just don't do it. If a GM tells you to leave, leave.

As for where the problem is, it is mainly in TH SEC 1. You can be the victim of it by (1) Zoning out of your apartment, (2) Dropping from the entrance instead of using the lift.

Nidhogg
11-12-03, 22:42
The rule here is simple - if a GM asks you to stop, you stop. That's all you need to remember. No one will be warned or moved or banned if you obey that simple rule.

Re-starting an argument is against the rules. Discussion of exploits is not allowed either.

N