PDA

View Full Version : [BRAINPORT] Way to get -99 (RED) fact symp to near 0

LVirus
11-12-03, 08:59
Okay because new changes is coming and if your faction symphaties are RED, your KOS to guards EVEN if your faction is ALLIED to faction where those guard are.

A way to get your symphaties from RED to near 0 (Like -10 or 0) would be a person somewhere outside HQ's and stuff (Like in wasteland) who is a hacker and works for that faction but likes corruption.

So you find a eg. BioTech hacker out there in wastes and he says that he could hack mainframe of their HQ easily and put you to neutral position in faction for only like 200k or 400k. From there you have to work of your own .. like wait that its 10 and then start doing missions.

But this way you can tweak your chars symphaties and now when new changes are coming, it would be very good move.

Shadow Dancer
11-12-03, 09:10
I like it. But I propose a cool twist. There would be a terminal IN the HQ you can hack. You would need to be in the room while the hacker is hacking it(has to be a runner, obviously), and everytime he hacks it. Your symp goes up by 10. To a maximum of positive 10, then you can't gain anymore by hacking. I think that way it won't be too easy, it'll be challenging, and it'll give hackers another use. :)

I have no idea how to make it so that YOUR symp goes up. Perhaps, when he hacks it he gets an interface and can choose any runner who's online. Of course they would have to be in the room.

I think KK can code it. :angel:

FirestarXL
11-12-03, 10:11
Or how about this, the hacker can only work it so that it takes away from them double (just a figure) the symp that you get awarded..

So a hacker with 100 FS goes down to 80 in their own factions sympathy, while you gain ten (or whatever a balanced figure turns out to be).

This makes it less prone to exploits, since if you used a mule character you would still have to work at getting the symp back up, rather than it being a limitless resource. It also means you'd have to pay the hacker that bit more and maybe use more than one. Otherwise the penalty of faction symp becomes worthless.

\\Fényx//
11-12-03, 10:13
Originally posted by FirestarXL
Or how about this, the hacker can only work it so that it takes away from them double (just a figure) the symp that you get awarded..

So a hacker with 100 FS goes down to 80 in their own factions sympathy, while you gain ten (or whatever a balanced figure turns out to be).

This makes it less prone to exploits, since if you used a mule character you would still have to work at getting the symp back up, rather than it being a limitless resource. It also means you'd have to pay the hacker that bit more and maybe use more than one. Otherwise the penalty of faction symp becomes worthless.

then who the fuck would hack it ?

FirestarXL
11-12-03, 10:14
Originally posted by \\Fényx//
then who the fuck would hack it ?

The.. err... hacker. Who is the one who takes the FS hit (for a price). Read it again! :D

\\Fényx//
11-12-03, 10:18
The.. err... hacker. Who is the one who takes the FS hit (for a price). Read it again! :D

well thats exactly what i mean, what right minded hackers gonna hack this thing for someone else to gain 10 fact symp when their gonna lose 20 ?

its a bitch getting a symp over the 50-60 mark without rampant culling of faction enemy NPC's and thats going to be dead soon with the new guards :|

FirestarXL
11-12-03, 10:21
If the price is right, people will doa lot of things. The point is the price has to be high, or it's not a penalty.

And don't forget, the hacker would be doing missions for his own faction to get it back - which means he can jump stright to Very Hard ones and have it back in no time. You might get some pillock who does it when his FS is like 30 or something - well, more fool him for being stupid. :p

LVirus
11-12-03, 10:23

Seems like you don't play @ Pluto where is only 1 char slot o_O

Your ideas are kinda complicated to code. Mine is simple. Back in beta4 there was a hacker that could change your faction .. just reimplent that hacker and make it "fix" your status in certain factions (Prolly Allied and neutrals, not enemy factions)

FirestarXL
11-12-03, 10:31
I play only on pluto. The point is, that the change would be across all servers and you have to take that into account. People WILL take advantage of any overly easy way to do things unless told not to, in person, by a GM. And even then sometimes...

The point is, your initial solution while a good idea, was just too easy hence why I mentioned the extension. You said make the hack hard. The thing with a hack, is either you have the character skill to do it or you don't - my spy is an OP level hacker, and I get them within a couple of tries. The point is, within 15 mins max of hacking you've "paid" for all your crimes against a faction and you're a good citizen again. That's too easy, whichever way you look at it. No one lost anything - that's the main factor here.

Also, I'm not going into how complicated it is to code here, I'm talking about balancing the idea. If it's easy to code, but unbalanced then it has no place going in. Period.

LVirus
11-12-03, 15:51
But we need easy and good solution to gain faction symphaties. How about speed gain? Because I have been idling in my apt for hours and hours and gain no fact symphaties :(

ghandisfury
11-12-03, 16:10
Originally posted by Shadow Dancer
I like it. But I propose a cool twist. There would be a terminal IN the HQ you can hack. You would need to be in the room while the hacker is hacking it(has to be a runner, obviously), and everytime he hacks it. Your symp goes up by 10. To a maximum of positive 10, then you can't gain anymore by hacking. I think that way it won't be too easy, it'll be challenging, and it'll give hackers another use. :)

I have no idea how to make it so that YOUR symp goes up. Perhaps, when he hacks it he gets an interface and can choose any runner who's online. Of course they would have to be in the room.

I think KK can code it. :angel:

I like this one a bit better......and when the hacker is hacking the terminal a message over the faction chat for the faction you are hacking would be displayed:D ......"Biotech system has just been hacked....calling all runners". Would be sweetness.

ezza
11-12-03, 16:11
i think the price should be steep to stop people from just jumping from faction to faction depending on whos flavour of the month, show some loyalty to your faction ffs

Lethys
11-12-03, 16:30
I think the hacking idea is good, but how about you get 10 symp for each successful hack, but if you fail:

- If you have over 0 symp then your symp is reset to 0
- If you already have 0 or less symp then you lose another 20

.Cyl0n
11-12-03, 16:31
Originally posted by LVirus
Okay because new changes is coming and if your faction symphaties are RED, your KOS to guards EVEN if your faction is ALLIED to faction where those guard are.

aaaawwwww fuck...all my symps are - 99 8|

umm i like the idea ! very good idea !:D :lol:

.cy

LVirus
11-12-03, 17:11
Originally posted by .Cyl0n
aaaawwwww fuck...all my symps are - 99 8|

umm i like the idea ! very good idea !:D :lol:

.cy

Hold my hand, plz :D

Anyway, sucks to be in BT HQ or near it.. or any other place where is pro-CA guards. Luckily my CA is around 60 :)