PDA

View Full Version : Couple of required changes

ResurgencE
11-12-03, 07:57
In actuality, some of them're required, and some would simply be better to have implemented. ill try to keep this as succinct as possible.

a) When a runner dies, and retrieves his backpack either from the ground or a GR, all his items are stuffed into his inventory "higgeldy-piggeldy". This is unlike Diablo 2, wherein all your items are restored to their previous positions (Eg: All your armour goes back on you, your items in your slotbelt are returned there, etc. etc.) This would make death a lot less annoying, seeing as there is no point in making us put everything back in place manually. If your argument is that this is not possible due to the SI, well, when you GR, none of your equipment comes off. It just fades and becomes unusable until the si wears off. So im pretty certain this can be implemented in the game.

The rest of the rules can still apply so that it doesnt become more feasible to gr than to get a rez (i.e. backpack cost, re-implantation of a chip or enforcement that has dropped, drugging up again for PA, etc.)

b) Vehicle ammo is quite heavy. Either reducing their weight to 1 pound per stack or enabling the driver/gunner to store some ammo in a vehicle trunk would be nice. If this is seen as an imbalance, then disregard. Merely a suggestion, so im fine with it either way.

c) In the TH cores, there are pillars in many rooms which have a round opening all around it, which causes runners to fall in if they're pushed back by the TH security 40/40 turrets. Once the runner falls, he has no choice but to either kill himself (Lose an item, or whilst in the process of doing missions to regain SL, 5 items) or to set his position manually and hope it works. It would be best if a grate was added to prevent runners from falling in.

On a tangent note, the elevator which leads up to Elias in TH-1 causes the runner to get stuck in it if he doesnt get out immediately at the top. If you reset your position, you're taken back down to the appys and are forced to try again.

d) Faction symps at extremely negative levels are difficult to regain. Perhaps changing the current mechanics so that a runner gains 1 symp point per kill of an enemy of the faction he wishes to gain symp with would be a good idea. That way, even if you're at -100, it'd take 100 kills of the opponent to get back to 0, and more kills and missions to get to the required 50 to switch factions. Just a thought.

e) This has been oft-repeated, and is quite important. Tools should have a 'world-view' aspect, so that in plaza, i can see which tradeskiller is doing what. I often run to kneel at the feet of a runner in the hopes of getting an implant or two, only to have him tell me to buzz off, hes a constructor.

Bear in mind, these are mere suggestions. If the community as a whole prefers things the way they are, then im fine with that too, since im not the only customer here.

Input would be appreciated. Thank you.

SorkZmok
11-12-03, 08:04
a) fix the screwed up items first. I hate trying to get a poke just to find out its my shoes im trying to put into my eye.

b) never ever gunned a vehicle :)

c) hell if youre dumb enough to fall into one of those, its your own fault :)

d) symp and faction and sl system needs a complete workover. no idea about that. :(

e) why? wait for them to advertise their skills. you dont run up to some guy and hand him your gun to repair, right? so dont just run up to anyone and kneel to get poked.

ResurgencE
11-12-03, 08:10
c) hell if youre dumb enough to fall into one of those, its your own fault

When my monk was at a lower level, 3 turrets shot him into the hole. I just dont see the point, thats all.

e) why? wait for them to advertise their skills. you dont run up to some guy and hand him your gun to repair, right? so dont just run up to anyone and kneel to get poked.

By that very logic, it should also not be a problem if you dont know what weapon someone is carrying until they shoot you in the noggin with it. :D

Seriously, though...If the tradeskilling items have world-view aspects, it would make trading hotzones like plaza 1 a lot less noisy, thus cutting down on spam. Additionally, it'd be easier to spot who to go to, and give the game a better feel.

But if its difficult to implement, then not a problem. After all, we're all anxious for bug fixes, so this isnt really a priority.

Btw, regarding ppus, any idea what the final word on nerfing them is? i.e. what is to be done with parashock and rez-time?