PDA

View Full Version : self cast psi combat 1

extract
11-12-03, 07:12
i understand why psi combat isnt self castable...considering hybrids could feasibly use psi combat3 if it was self castable....but every other class has psi abilities and every other class can cast theyre lvl 1 boost....just a random thought.....

Shadow Dancer
11-12-03, 07:14
Yea I think psi combat 1 should be self-cast.

*waits for "OMG MONKS ARE ALREADY SUPER DUPER POWERFUL CAN KILL U IN A BLINK OF AN EYE, NO BOOSTS" type responses*

:rolleyes:

SorkZmok
11-12-03, 07:21
OMG MONKS ARE ALREADY SUPER DUPER POWERFUL CAN KILL U IN A BLINK OF AN EYE, NO BOOSTS!!!11

Had to say this :)
Apus cant cast buffs. Ppus dont need apu buffs. KK does not like hybrids. Hybrids already are _more_ than viable if you got some good imps and spells. o_O

Shadow Dancer
11-12-03, 07:21
Originally posted by SorkZmok

Apus cant cast buffs. Ppus dont need apu buffs. KK does not like hybrids. Hybrids already are _more_ than viable if you got some good imps and spells. o_O

hrmm, all true. Except for the part of KK not liking hybrids. I don't think that's true.

extract
11-12-03, 07:28

well in a sense youre right....cant argue there, but yea I am thinking in a hybrid point of veiw as i just started one and that extra lil boost would be nice and not vastly overpowering...but there are good arguements to youre point...such as the tank who is HC but might use a melee boost for that lil extra HP and AGL boost....or maybe even a RC1 for the weapon lore boost....such as maybe a ppu would use a psi combat for an extra psi use boost since being pure and hi lvl easily would mean that you already have -40 APU at least with imps and PA that a psi3 wouldnt even add any apu.....but thats just how my mind works, obviously noone prolly does any of that anyways.......

SorkZmok
11-12-03, 07:31
Originally posted by Shadow Dancer
hrmm, all true. Except for the part of KK not liking hybrids. I don't think that's true.

Well hybrids are a problem KK created. They made em viable. They tried to balance em. Then introduced new items. Those made hybrids nearly unkillable. Then they nerfed em. Then they brought in new items. Items that made hybrids unkillable again. Now repeat.

I still dont know if i like hybrid or apu/ppu more. Hybrids are like better Pes....imo the situation atm is fine. Well HL dmg or maybe only random dmg needs a small nerf. And holy para needs to be removed or at least CHANGED. Then nerf holy heal a bit. Done. I think. Now kill me ;)

SovKhan
11-12-03, 07:46
holy para needs to be removed or at least CHANGED. Then nerf holy heal a bit. Done. I think. Now kill me ;)

para is being changed something that i agree with.

and nerf holy heal hahah are you on crack. rez is already getting nerfed why nerf holy heal? what is your reasoning?

SorkZmok
11-12-03, 07:51
Originally posted by SovKhan
and nerf holy heal hahah are you on crack. rez is already getting nerfed why nerf holy heal? what is your reasoning?

You ever played a sniper in an opwar? It really sucks to empty a full clip into an enemy just to see him get healed completely in no time. The time it takes me to reload is enough to holy heal my enemy back to FULL HEALTH. That is just sick.

/edit
That "full clip" includes missing/lag/fog/warping/KK/recoil and everything else that makes you miss your target. ;)

Zeekal
11-12-03, 12:27
Guys the reason the other boosts are self castable is cos you dont seen someone get battered to death with the blunt end of a Construction Booster ..... can you imagine that ?

Ark

J. Folsom
11-12-03, 13:24
hrmm, all true. Except for the part of KK not liking hybrids. I don't think that's true. They do like Hybrids? Thanatos must be crazy then... (http://neocron.jafc.de/showthread.php?s=&threadid=46391)

Shadow Dancer
11-12-03, 13:27
Originally posted by J. Folsom
They do like Hybrids? Thanatos must be crazy then... (http://neocron.jafc.de/showthread.php?s=&threadid=46391)

Where does that say that they don't like hybrids?

J. Folsom
11-12-03, 13:28
Where does that say that they don't like hybrids? Well, ok nowhere. :P

I need to search for the proper post, I thought that was the one.

Edit: Guess I was wrong, can't seem to find any post saying they dislike hybrids.

naimex
11-12-03, 16:47
afair it was able to be selfcast once..

but i think it was removed with first hybrid nerfing.. (might be remembering wrong)

shodanjr_gr
11-12-03, 17:04
OMG MONKS ARE ALREADY SUPER DUPER POWERFUL CAN KILL U IN A BLINK OF AN EYE, NO BOOSTS!!!11

Had to say this :)

Good imps and spells are DS, Kami, and 5 slot artifact halos right???? Also u have to be capped, right????Hm...thats a viable class. Like 10 in each server....

ghandisfury
11-12-03, 17:55
Where does that say that they don't like hybrids?

We don't want you to have really good attack and defensive spells. As long as it is possible to play effectively like that, we'll change stuff until it is no longer effective.

Strych9
11-12-03, 18:01
I tell ya what. Tanks can cast Heavy Combat 1 BUT they have to level Psi to do it... they cant level Str and then boost Str due to the Str levelling.

Thats an issue here- the fact that the skill is self-raising.

So give monks a way to boost their Psi via levelling their Dex. Make them run hundreds of aggi missions before getting their level 1 main skill buff. ;)

Shadow Dancer
12-12-03, 08:05
Originally posted by ghandisfury

That doesn't mean they don't like hybrids.

o_O

Divide
12-12-03, 11:27
They should change para to a holy res spell that casts at like 4/min. oh, and they should change the current holy res spell's name to blessed. Viola, res and paralysis problem solved in one fail swoop

edit: oh, about the psi combat 1 thing. My hybrid wouldnt use it, so I dont think that it would overpower hybrids by any means, especially because it wouldnt really help all that much.
Id say if it were self castable, I would probably only get about 5-10% on holy level spells w/arti damage if I lommed my psi a bit to deal with the apu/ppu offset it would produce.