PDA

View Full Version : Should pro-city safezones be removed to make it more fair with the new patch?

Shadow Dancer
11-12-03, 06:46
READ THE THREAD!

Ok, so we're gonna have more vendors in our HQs and little perks here and there. I like what KK is doing. However, I think it's unfair that pro-city gets a nice huge safe city where a magical copbot sees anyone who pulls out a weapon.

Why does the city need "auto" disarm when their are copbots and CA guards around now?

So I propose 2 options.

1.Removal of safezones. Faction guards and copbots already provide an insane amount of protection. And it'll make it more exciting and fair for anti-city to try and walk through-out the city, since they could fight back.

2.Remove all safezones, EXCEPT plaza1. I guess you could say that since this is the home of Cityadmin, that it's protection and security is far beyond that of any place in the wastes or NC. And it'll still be a safehaven for lots of people.

Which do you choose? :)

Psychoninja
11-12-03, 06:48
buh bye to all safezones
eliminate safezone shit talkers =P

Psycho_Soldier
11-12-03, 06:50
All Safe Zones should be removed to make it fair.

Ferabukoo
11-12-03, 06:58
Originally posted by PPU'S MAKE ME CRY

1.Removal of safezones. Faction guards and copbots already provide an insane amount of protection. And it'll make it more exciting and fair for anti-city to try and walk through-out the city, since they could fight back.

:)

i would have to agree

Shadow Dancer
11-12-03, 07:00
Originally posted by A Troll THAT SHOULD HAVE BEEN BANNED A LONG TIME AGO
i would have to agree

Thanks. I'm pleased at the results, at least so far.

i wonder who voted leave it as it is. C'mon speak up, I won't bite. :p

bounty
11-12-03, 07:03
IMO, safezones never has and never will go well with the whole concept of neocron. This is a dangerous place and there are bad people. One thing i miss more than anything is seeing random strangers out in the wastelands, not sure if they are friendly or not. Met some good friends that way actually. The places guarded by guards should be safe enough to conduct business.

Spoon
11-12-03, 07:06
Originally posted by PPU's MAKE ME CRY

2.Remove all safezones, EXCEPT plaza1. I guess you could say that since this is the home of Cityadmin, that it's protection and security is far beyond that of any place in the wastes or NC. And it'll still be a safehaven for lots of people.

P1 and PP1 are going to be the most effected zones right now, let's do this one step at a time....

then remove safe zones later........

btw, P1 will be the safest zone?
Apparently, you haven't been shot/killed by the "new and improved" TH bots............:lol:

Drake6k
11-12-03, 07:06
Remove them ALL I dont want plaza zone fighting wars!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11111111111111

MindMaze
11-12-03, 07:16
Remove all.

Sorin
11-12-03, 07:24
Yeah, I've been shot by the new and improved TH bots. They so competely raped and owned me it wasn't even funny :( and that was with my PPU (um, yeah, store bought shit). I made it out alive, but I sure as hell didn't go back.

Originally posted by Shadow Dancer
i wonder who voted leave it as it is. C'mon speak up, I won't bite. :p

Well that was me (the very first vote in the poll :p). But that's more just a personal preference. No real arguement behind or in support of it, other than that I have negative pvp skill and am a coward. ;) If they remove safe zones, um, okay I guess; I'll just have to de-clan and re-LE all my characters.

I'm a noob. :(

Shadow Dancer
11-12-03, 07:26
Awww Sorin, I'll protect you.

For a price.......... :p

MindMaze
11-12-03, 07:29
If the guards can shoot me, I think it'd be fair if I can shoot back FFS.

BlackPrince
11-12-03, 07:32
Down with them all!

Vid Gamer
11-12-03, 08:03
I like option 2 better. ONE zone that safe is good because tradeskillers can still do there business there and it makes RP sense since that's where CA HQ is.

Although Plaza 4 should really be where everyone should hang out now, IMO.

ResurgencE
11-12-03, 08:16
If the pro-cities get one safe zone, then the anti-cities should also get one safe zone. Whats fair is fair.

If not, remove all the safezones, which is what i voted for.

Vid Gamer
11-12-03, 08:31
Originally posted by ResurgencE
If the pro-cities get one safe zone, then the anti-cities should also get one safe zone. Whats fair is fair.

If not, remove all the safezones, which is what i voted for.

Why should anti-city Factions get a safe zone in OUR city? It's like saying we can have an apartment for terrorists only in NYC. :rolleyes:

ResurgencE
11-12-03, 08:35
Why should anti-city Factions get a safe zone in OUR city? It's like saying we can have an apartment for terrorists only in NYC.

Huh?

Im talking about us getting a safezone in one of the anticity HQs, not in plaza. :rolleyes:

But like i said, i'd prefer to have all safezones removed, but if people absolutely feel that they wish to tradeskill in safety, then anticities cannot possibly enter plaza once the change has been implemented.

So they ought to get a safezone somewhere in their own territory as well.

Vid Gamer
11-12-03, 09:01
Originally posted by ResurgencE
Huh?

Im talking about us getting a safezone in one of the anticity HQs, not in plaza. :rolleyes:

Then just vice versa. Why should pro-city get safezones in anti-city areas? It goes both ways.

superfresh
11-12-03, 09:08
Probably a minority member, but I'd like at least one safezone somewhere, if not one at each center. If for nothing else, it's good for players to chat and get serviced, and for newbies to get help & advice.

I'd also hate to lose customers in all of the various factions, but not everyone tradeskills.

ElfinLord
11-12-03, 09:26
I voted to remove all safe zones and I don't PvP at all, yet.

It doesn't really matter to me either way, but I think it would more realistic and in-line with the concept of NC if there were no safe zones.

As another possible RP aspect, and to appease the tradeskillers who want to construct, etc. in peace, I say make ALL runner apartments safe zones.

Doing this would allow tradeskillers the ability to work in peace, plus they could actually open up shop in their apartments to perform their skill. Hell, they could even advertise in NEMA or just spam the trade channels.

Anyway, I like the idea. I hope it happens.

ResurgencE
11-12-03, 09:31
Then just vice versa. Why should pro-city get safezones in anti-city areas? It goes both ways.

Once again...Huh?

Procity would get shot down in an anticity safe zone, and vice versa. I dont think you're quite understanding what im saying here.

If they get a safe zone we cant get into, then we get a safezone they cant get into. If not, then no safezones anywhere.

superfresh
11-12-03, 09:35
Originally posted by ElfinLord

As another possible RP aspect, and to appease the tradeskillers who want to construct, etc. in peace, I say make ALL runner apartments safe zones.

Doing this would allow tradeskillers the ability to work in peace, plus they could actually open up shop in their apartments to perform their skill. Hell, they could even advertise in NEMA or just spam the trade channels.

This sounds good. A pure tradeskiller should be able to conduct a business. Levelling via tradeskilling is poo as it is.

TheEnemy
11-12-03, 10:46
If there are to be no safe zones (which would be good!), I think that it needs to be made sure of that copbots will be hunting anyone who murders someone in the city. I guess this would be done via an SL drop if you kill someone in the city? Otherwise I see the problem of people finding gaps where no cops are and taking shots at their faction enemies with no fear of being punished for it. Obviously CityAdmin wouldn't want this sort of behaviour to be going unpunished right in the center of the city...

Flyl
11-12-03, 11:11
I was gonna post something like this, you've got my vote.

Stigmata
11-12-03, 11:36
wow !!! tbh i did not expect the poll to be so one sided.

But at the same time i cannot see KK removing all the safe zones, i think they lack the courage to remove them.

Imagine the mass exodus of the non pvp/tradeskillers.....then again they always have the option for LE

Andy

Archeus
11-12-03, 14:38
The thing about removing P1 safe zone (or safe zones for that matter) is 'OMG WE ARE ALL GOING TO DIE!!'

With the faction guards it will keep it relatively safe. People will adjust, or move to better protected areas (for example PP2 is excellent place to avoid direct combat). People trade in Tech Haven, and a lot more will with the new bots coming.

WarIsSeXy
11-12-03, 16:21
remove all save zones

L0KI
11-12-03, 16:23
people that SPAM IN CAPS > Safezones

naimex
11-12-03, 16:26
ok i voted remove all except plaza 1.. ^^

ok.. fine remove all safezones.. but leave at least 1 zone safe ^^

(dont ask me why.. i just think 1 zone should be safe).. (and no.. i dont have any tradeskillers)

Cliffraiser
11-12-03, 16:27
agreed, remove all safe zones

Dribble Joy
11-12-03, 16:28
Remove all safe zones.

You can't leave P1 a safe zone because people will zone into it to stay safe.
If the safe zones are removed, CobBots will have to KoS anti CA.
And anyway, they will shoot you if you pull a gun out regardless.

Lexxuk
11-12-03, 16:31
ya, remove all safe zones, coz there are some nifty places in Plaza 1 a tank with a mal can hide, and just AOE 24/7 all the people there without getting shot at, or even a nice APU with a barrel, killing everyone in the entire zone :lol: :lol:

Cruzbroker
11-12-03, 18:16
Remove safe zones and if you kill somebody inside Plaza 1,2,3,4 or Via Rosso 1,2,3 your SL will then go at once to -16... or red..
who would be standing next to pp1 entrace anyway?

if you just removed the safe zones the way it is now, then ppl could go rape noobs around plaza and via rosso... watching out copbots..

gostly
11-12-03, 18:22
the new patch is bullshit to anti-city...fucking complete bullshit...fire on us but we cant fire back...fuckin gay...and now that they're 120/120, we have no chance...even ppu's have hard times...

GAY
GAY
GAY

i voted remove all of them...

SigmaDraconis
11-12-03, 18:23
Originally posted by Psychoninja
buh bye to all safezones
eliminate safezone shit talkers =P

lol that pretty much kills half of Plutos clans :lol: :lol: :lol:

erm anyway..making all cops act like the ones that were in PP1 would work just fine..and they patrol now which DOES kill almost all the hiding places...fucking cops search EVERY LITTLE CORNER.

Matthew.v.smith
13-12-03, 11:15
You only have to look at the Poll to see what everyone wants (not everyone but most of us) take down the safe zones!!

Matty.:angel: