PDA

View Full Version : Why should pro-city get a safezone?

Flea
11-12-03, 06:02
Being Black Dragon, I see that I am no longer allowed in the #1 and basically only place of commerce since beta 4, (plaza 1) and I must now join up with other kicked-out factions to try to create a new area for tradeskilling for anti-city. TG will obviously be inside of TG, and NOT in a safezone. Tsunami and Black Dragon will have to form something In pepper park, again NOT in a safezone, for their trading. Whilst the carebears get their high-class treatment inside the inner city where its perfectly safe, and magically nobody can attack them peroid because we cannot draw weapons here, (while our tradeskillers get PK'ed by spies who stealthed into our zone of commerce) just go on with their business as usual. What I suggest is that there should be absolutly no safe zones. You want to be safe? Put your non-restrictant LE chip back in your head. It isnt fair that inner-city can raid anti-city, (of course lose in the end, but manage to snipe out some of our ressers and consters), but we would go in and be shot on sight, with no way to re-stealth or fight back.

I find this patch a very good one, except for the fact that It gives pro-city a HUGE advantage.

Rate Me

Psychoninja
11-12-03, 06:03
There should be NO safezones tbh, anyways.
I hope all teh EEEVIL people move their tradeskillers to PP2 or PP3

:D

Pepper pub!

Shadow Dancer
11-12-03, 06:06
As I said in the test forum, plaza 1 should not be a safezone.

\\Fényx//
11-12-03, 06:09
None should be safe zones, not even apartments, or any city zones

Only place that I feel should be a safezone, maybe, is the newbie sewers, and maybe the aggies, as theres no real reason atall that a /60+ person should be there, and tbh if the game wants to keep customers after the relaunch, they aint gonna like getting PKd every 5 minutes by the capped ppl whos been here a year PKing cause their bored. Any areas higher than the newb sewers shouldnt be a safezone, im just thinking of the sewers, maybe aggies and maybe the cellars like in A&W 1.

But the problem then would youd still get the people zoning to them when their having some gay scrap near the zone line :rolleyes:

SovKhan
11-12-03, 06:10
always wondered why MB appts were copbot watched zones

\\Fényx//
11-12-03, 06:12
Originally posted by SovKhan
always wondered why MB appts were copbot watched zones

same for TG apts! :lol:

Carinth
11-12-03, 06:13
I believe the reasoning is that the anti city factions are labeled as "Difficult." If you want the easy route, stay in the city.

I dont much like it, but ohwell. We can make fun of them hiding in their safezones ; )

Flea
if sewers were safezones nobody could hunt because they couldnt draw weapons

Shadow Dancer
Wait, fenyx is right. With all these guards now protecting their "streets", why do we need safezones at all now?

\\Fényx//
Originally posted by Flea
if sewers were safezones nobody could hunt because they couldnt draw weapons

uhm shit thats right, that would be why i never mentioned that idea before :| shush, its late ok :o

Zeekal
11-12-03, 12:18
i think you got a good point about not having safezones, think about it, why does plaza 1 need to be a safezone, Im CA right now (dont flame me :P) but i feel we dont need safezones cos of the amount of cops around the zone anyway, i say if someone can stealth into the zone without getting ganked by the cops fair play to them, kill me as much as you can, i just dont have a problem with that :)

think about it, i regularly go to TG and kill random TG's walking about, i tihnk its time TG's had a crack of the whip

zeek:D

Velvet
11-12-03, 12:58
Originally posted by Shadow Dancer
Wait, fenyx is right. With all these guards now protecting their "streets", why do we need safezones at all now?

Answer: Because some brain dead **** will shoot anything that moves just for the fun of it:mad:

In my opinion savezones are a must. There are people who only want an hour or two a week gaming in peace. :eek:

--------------------------------

BTW:
1) Plaza 1 smells a lot better since the scum was cleared away:D :D
2) More CopBots mean more freedom!!:o
3) DRE announced that the heating in PP 2 is turned off during the winter because of routine maintenance:lol: :lol:

t0tt3
11-12-03, 13:46
Why not make the "malls" safezones only... or something.

And the faction guards wont they be 120/120 and KoS anything that aint allied/neutral to them?

So if someone raids plaza 1 that shouldnt be a prob... all guards + the runnners > the raid :rolleyes:

Scikar
11-12-03, 13:50
Tsunami and BD aren't considered 'difficult' factions. The ones which say they are difficult are the ones where the player starts out outside of NC, i.e. FA, CM, and TG. There is nothing for the other factions. The main advantages to removing safe zones are that if a trader rips you off you can kill him, if an enemy is sneaking around and trying to get into the HQ you can kill him, if someone is PKing in newbie cellars you can kill him. But there would be little oppurtunity to mount an actual raid considering the fact that Plaza 1 is being reinforced with KoS CA guards, and all guards have been beefed up.

Flyl
11-12-03, 13:52
BD starter apartments are Copbot zones too.

If Pepper park isn't safe, and we get KOS'd in Plaza by CA guards, all enemy factions should be allowed to fight back.

Remove all safe zones!

Read here (http://neocron.jafc.de/showthread.php?s=&threadid=84432) and there (http://neocron.jafc.de/showthread.php?s=&threadid=84370) also, and stop making duplicate threads. Oo

Shadow Dancer
11-12-03, 14:34
Originally posted by Scikar
Tsunami and BD aren't considered 'difficult' factions.

Originally posted by SnowCrash

Besides that you have chosen a faction that is marked with "higher difficulty" in the Faction Information at the character creation. So BD, Crahn and Co. are not meant as a beginner factions and so their territory is more dangerous compared to the others. This is a fact you should not forget. ;)

pwnd :p

Strych9
11-12-03, 16:03
If the guard strength stays the same, the safe zone wont matter.... pro-city will still have the edge in that while every area will basically be "safe" due to faction guards- pro-city has more allied factions that can work together, and pro-city has the already established meeting place, and pro-city historically has been where tradeskillers often go because of the proximity to P1.

Tech Haven likely wont have a problem... but TG, for example, has never had its own active dedicated resident tradeskiller populace.

Carinth
11-12-03, 18:43
Safezones are a luxury, you can go afk, idle, not pay attention, and not worry about your character. Personaly I will be living in TS HQ now, plenty of guards to chew up anyone who walks in. Oh wait... Faction guards will only attack hostiles.. Will they actualy assist members of their faction against any attack? I mean, our enemies are not all hostile. Tangents are neutral to us, but will attack my clan. Does this mean they can waltz right in, kill us, and then leave without guards doing anything?

Hmm... This is a disturbing idea.

Rade
11-12-03, 18:50
Remove all safezones and most importantly CONNECT ALL
SEWERS SO YOU CAN USE THEM FOR TRAVEL. How hard can it be?
Just add some lid-exits (like the ones added on test server which
allows you to travel between TG/TH/MB/NC) in the sewers so you
can zone between them. Its complete bollocks that they werent
connected to begin with. And more CA guards on the surface so
that the sewers becomes the criminals expressway, we could
have tradeskillers and stuff down there. Onoz now I got a boner
thats how good the idea is.

VictorKruger
11-12-03, 18:51
Originally posted by SnowCrash

Besides that you have chosen a faction that is marked with "higher difficulty" in the Faction Information at the character creation. So BD, Crahn and Co. are not meant as a beginner factions and so their territory is more dangerous compared to the others. This is a fact you should not forget.

funny that it doesn't say that in TS BD nor CS... anywhere when you create a character...

Lexxuk
11-12-03, 18:55
most new players will start as a friendly faction, CA/Next/Tangent and stuff, the last thing they would want to see is lots of pricks running around in Plaza 1 killing everything.

The CA guards are also only kossing inside Medcare, so makes no difference at all really.

VictorKruger
11-12-03, 18:58
Originally posted by Lexxuk
most new players will start as a friendly faction, CA/Next/Tangent and stuff, the last thing they would want to see is lots of pricks running around in Plaza 1 killing everything.

The CA guards are also only kossing inside Medcare, so makes no difference at all really.

but they do warn you and then chase you and shoot you after a certain amout of time though, as opposed to just running up to a copbot and sexing them and the copbot does nothing.

Elric
11-12-03, 19:07
didnt read thread, but going from topic i say NO (did someone just change the thread topic name?? Im sure it said should Anti-City get a safezone... )

What they should be doing now is removing the safezones from NC since the faction guards are actually doing theyre job properly (and giving all the faction guards the KOS orders as the CA ones in Medicare do).

shodanjr_gr
11-12-03, 19:10
There should be NO safezones.

Just make a toggable LE switch in the stats menu. You switch it from no-PVP to PVP and thats it...

the switch is gone

u can now take part in PVP.

But it shouldnt be switchable in low levels (less than 20).

So people that dont want to PVP wont have to.

But once u start doing PVP, u can never go back.

El_MUERkO
11-12-03, 19:10
Wasnt plaza 4 redesigned with trade skillers in mind, theres supposed to be less faction guards there, if your having problems getting their use the gen rep or the hover cabs to via rossa?

I'm not home to see what its like but I know I'm going to plaza 4 to have a poke round :)

msdong
11-12-03, 19:43
Why should pro-city get a safezone?

why not ? everyone can change to Pro CA if they like...

BTW. TH is kind of save zone too- now.

Carinth
11-12-03, 19:48
Originally posted by msdong
why not ? everyone can change to Pro CA if they like...

BTW. TH is kind of save zone too- now.

Are you sure? Last time I checked faction guards don't shoot neutrals/allies unless they attack the guard. Meaning I (TS), could run around and kill anyone I want in TH without the guards botherin me. I hope I'm wrong, and they did something to prevent that... but we'll see. Neutrals are gonna have a killing spree.

J. Folsom
11-12-03, 19:50
Originally posted by Carinth
Are you sure? Last time I checked faction guards don't shoot neutrals/allies unless they attack the guard. Meaning I (TS), could run around and kill anyone I want in TH without the guards botherin me. I hope I'm wrong, and they did something to prevent that... but we'll see. Neutrals are gonna have a killing spree. Well, TH is definitely safe for FA now, which used to be the opposite way around. :P

Can't speak for the other faction there though, I'm pretty certain any CA in there'll get killed by the Tsunami's/TG's in there.

Edit: Unless you mean there's no consequence for losing soullight in there, in which case I can only agree with you.

Carinth
11-12-03, 20:04
Yes Soul Light would be the only thing stopping a Neutral from going on a killing spree. Yet even that would only limit how many ppl he kills. Then he's off to do missions and be back when he's positive again. What concerns me is that Tangent is neutral to me, yet there are some Tangent clans which will most definitly attack us.

Sealdude
11-12-03, 22:35
If any anti city factions need constructing on pluto I will hang around in the pussy/veronica clubs. My char name is the same as my fourm name. My tl is 150 and my skill is 133 last time i checked.

Krll
11-12-03, 22:55
Originally posted by VictorKruger
but they do warn you and then chase you and shoot you after a certain amout of time though, as opposed to just running up to a copbot and sexing them and the copbot does nothing.

If you stand or sit on the new bench opposite medicare (or even behind the wall there because there are no CA guards on the far side), you are safe since you're outside of the guard's reaction zone. :)

-Krll

Warlogis
12-12-03, 12:22
As for me, best place for trading place (with safezone) is Subway system :p
As anti-City you can enter it from Outzone exit GR or PP subway station exit. NEXT guards can disturb their enemies (as I remember only 2 factions are anemies to NEXT), but guards placed mostly near tunnels ... or KK can remove em at all.
At present subway have alot of free, empty space (especially at plaza and VR stations), so tradeskillers can provide their services inside Subway.

P4mp3rk3
12-12-03, 13:33
plaza 2 and 4 serve me right....
why do people WANT to be in plaza 1 anyway?? what's so special about it?

amfest
12-12-03, 14:28
If you stand or sit on the new bench opposite medicare (or even behind the wall there because there are no CA guards on the far side), you are safe since you're outside of the guard's reaction zone

no you aren't totally safe .... as I was on uranus and the guards actualy got stuck in the walls outside of medicare .. so the inside was safe but not the outside anymore :D and had a TG friend behind the wall on the lamp post .. and then boom .. .dead .. . went back to get his belt ..was under lamp post this time . .could of been the guard at the diamond shop .. .but after about 5 min .. dead . . lol

as for getting to plaza 4 .. there is the chance that the guards might attack from NCPD when they come up from the subway area in via 3 .. not sure how fast a reaction those have ... Bought me a NEMA mag #7 :D but I can't read anything on it :(

At present subway have alot of free, empty space (especially at plaza and VR stations), so tradeskillers can provide their services inside Subway

I was thinking the same exact thing . . . tradeskillers in subway area . with transit to anywhere in the city . . even has a nice bar/restraunt/Yo's place at the PP station :D

deac
12-12-03, 16:30
Originally posted by Rade
Remove all safezones and most importantly CONNECT ALL
SEWERS SO YOU CAN USE THEM FOR TRAVEL.

o_O uber idea... please pimp it hard rade

dbomb
12-12-03, 17:04
Originally posted by P4mp3rk3
plaza 2 and 4 serve me right....
why do people WANT to be in plaza 1 anyway?? what's so special about it?
i dont know plaza 1 has shit for stores the only usefull store is how the crytons sells implants

Crest
12-12-03, 17:51
If u want a safe zone then put LE in makes every zone safe ......

Since the City Factions have been paying their taxes and progressed from the ice age, we get this reward ... to be serious it is probably for a while then when BDOY attacks it will be removed and we can kill each other in and out of NC....

Carinth
12-12-03, 18:03
Please remember we have a skill channel, which means you should have no reason to stay in one area. Just use the channel to find tradeskillers.

SnotNosedBrat
12-12-03, 18:03
Originally posted by Flea
What I suggest is that there should be absolutly no safe zones. You want to be safe? Put your non-restrictant LE chip back in your head.

:o