PDA

View Full Version : The new changes to guards are retarded.

MindMaze
11-12-03, 05:33
Ok, all I have to say is the new guards are so strong that it's completely retarded. When copbots were in PP, I could easily withstand about 4-5 shots. Now, the ts guards took my testserver tank down in TWO shots. Seriously, sometimes I think kk has a clue, but when changes like this happen, I start doubting it. Thanks for completely ruining pp.

Also, I doubt even PPUs can withstand an attack from two or even ONE guard. Even if they can, thanks for making ppus even MORE important. FFS!

\\Fényx//
11-12-03, 05:36
then uh, dont piss em off :|

I havent been on there yet, are they insta shoot or do they spam warnings still ? Also whats their new ranks ?

MindMaze
11-12-03, 05:37
Instashoot, 120/120 rank, and piercing dmg. Fucking retarded.

\\Fényx//
11-12-03, 05:40
Originally posted by MindMaze
Instashoot, 120/120 rank, and piercing dmg. Fucking retarded.

ok now i see where ur coming from 8|

maybe keeping them at their usual 80/80 then yea, bt ffs 120/120 :|

MindMaze
11-12-03, 05:42
Man, every fricken change they implement is ALWAYS overkill. Why not just increase 10 by 10 or 5 by 5 to find a good balance.

Shadow Dancer
11-12-03, 05:54
Either make the guards super powerful and give some time for them to shoot, or make them moderately powerful and insta-shoot. But NOT both. I think doing BOTH is a bit extreme.

Also, will their be CA guards in the sectors other than plaza 1? And do they shoot anti-city?

Flea
11-12-03, 05:55
Why must you critizize a fucking good thing? This is the best thing that ever happened to neocron, and I do think the guards should be 120/120. What would happen if they were the same rank as always? Well... people would just ignore them, and pass through the zone as normal, because they dont do enough damage to actually stop someone. Finally we wont see TG's idling in the city they are supposed to be "taking over" and finally this game will make sense. I have been waiting for this for ever. I'm glad it finally happened.

g0rt
11-12-03, 05:57
you better not be right iwant them to suck in pp so we can have good fights there

dont mind if htey are that strong in p1

what im wondering is....will the guards in p1 INSTA-kos enemy factions, like TG guards do out in the wastelands? or willt hey bitch and squack for awhile THEN fire...

Shadow Dancer
It's a bit strange the npcs are 120/120. I mean runners can't be 120/120. And aren't factions composed of runners? SO shouldn't a faction guard be like a capped runner? :p

nvm :p

MindMaze
Originally posted by Shadow Dancer
Either make the guards super powerful and give some time for them to shoot, or make them moderately powerful and insta-shoot. But NOT both. I think doing BOTH is a bit extreme.

Also, will their be CA guards in the sectors other than plaza 1? And do they shoot anti-city?

I would agree with the second option - moderately powerful and insta-shoot. However, the first one would still not work because they would still attack eventually, and battles wouldn't last long.

I think the ca guards are mostly in P1 sector. But every sector which already has existing CA guards (like NCPD in via 3), will have these uber ones...

Psychoninja
11-12-03, 05:58
Like I said, I want to do the fighting, I don't want the guards to defend and do all the fighting for me. If I did, I'd make a hacker and sit around waiting for some idiot to walk in and hack belts all day. Anyways, they might be tweaked before they make it on the retail server, just because they haven't made the change on the test server doesn't mean it'll be the same for retail, it IS a test server.

I'd say, save the bitching for tomorrow, I'm sure they'll be plenty of threads to complain on. I just hope they're not overpowered.

KramerTheWeird
11-12-03, 05:58
w00t, TS pimp's regulating the park! get your asses back to plaza :D

Shadow Dancer
11-12-03, 06:00
I wish KK would implement some type of damage that mobs can do that cannot be resisted by PPU buffs. I think it's kinda lame that some mobs are designed so tough because of the "the player might have a ppu with him" mentality. It screws the players without ppus. And that's what it seems like by the way Mindmoozle describes it.

Oh well, i'll just see tomorrow. :p

SovKhan
11-12-03, 06:00
Originally posted by KramerTheWeird
w00t, TS pimp's regulating the park! get your asses back to plaza :D

you mean regulateing PP1.

MindMaze
11-12-03, 06:01
Originally posted by Psychoninja
I'd say, save the bitching for tomorrow, I'm sure they'll be plenty of threads to complain on. I just hope they're not overpowered.

Agreed :p

Psychoninja
11-12-03, 06:01
Well, there were supposed to be a few suprises in the next patch. Hope they bothered to change the faction alliances....

Oh how I hope they did >_<

KramerTheWeird
11-12-03, 06:02
You will see TS guards in every sector of pepper park. There are BD guards in pp2 but compared to the total amount of TS guards in the entire park, they aren't even signifigant.

SovKhan
11-12-03, 06:03
ive seen the test server and im not scared about the park sec2-sec3

\\Fényx//
11-12-03, 06:03
Well PP is becoming tsu territory mostly, right? With the dirty BD criminals goin to the OZ Jail ;) :p

NeoChick
11-12-03, 06:08
Yea I think it is overkill once again. How can all the guards be kind of ueber-beings? Let them be as high as the highest player would be able to be and insta shoot or if they have to be ueber (hell, wtf) then at least a warning!

How will people be able to do epics, for instance Protopharm has to go via PP at some time?

with insta death that makes some things basically impossible

I already noticed that the guards in the wastelands are everywhere and superstrong, so running from TG to NC is already a thing of the past, and that is even before the patch

So how will people get the monk armor for instance?

Flea
11-12-03, 06:15
Sigh, i see the problem with this now. People will bitch. And bitch. And bitch. And bitch. And bitch. Untill they are toned down. After they are toned down, people will just run through the zone normally, ignoring the guards, and will make all of this shit pointless.

Everyone against the 120/120 guards needs to sit down and think a while.

bounty
11-12-03, 06:22
The change is cool, factions actually being um separated factions. I thought it did the whole story of NC no justice to have hostile enemies inside the city. Talk about dumb. Might even boost the economy, as now there will need to be tradeskillers for each faction instead of tradeskillers for the entire server.

And don't worry shadowdancer, from talking to a few people, capped PPU's can't even last more than 3 or 4 hits from one, even with heal going.

Shadow Dancer
11-12-03, 06:27
Originally posted by bounty

And don't worry shadowdancer, from talking to a few people, capped PPU's can't even last more than 3 or 4 hits from one, even with heal going.

That's the problem. Which means that non ppus will last as long as I do when it comes to sex. :eek:

SovKhan
11-12-03, 06:30
That's the problem. Which means that non ppus will last as long as I do when it comes to sex. :eek:

OMFG LOL.

MindMaze
11-12-03, 06:37

Uhh ohh. NAH UH, NOT IN MY THREAD.

VetteroX
11-12-03, 06:43
If guards really are that stong its retarded. If they make TG, CM, FA etc guards all that powerful, I might find a new game... and im sure others will too. I men whats the point, we wont be able to pvp anywhere but neofrag.

VictorKruger
11-12-03, 06:47
OK you stated that they instantly shoot you on sight, which they don't, there is about a 30 second delay before they shoot you in plaza one, believe me i tested this. I think the delay is like a shock value, as in the CA gaurd is like " OMG there is a TS person here, i can't believe it, let's kill him" and then they shoot you.

But really, it's for the better, it's going to improve roleplaying in the game (you remember what roleplaying is right? :p ) although, on the saturn server, where i play , i'll feel alittle like there are more tsunami than there really is now, all 4 or 5 of us tsunami on saturn that is.

OMG the tsunami npcs will out number the actual tsunami players, now that is really messed up. 8|

Spoon
11-12-03, 06:55
Originally posted by Thanatos
The next retail patch (scheduled for tomorrow thursday if everything goes well) will bring quite a few changes to the city of Neocron.
First of all, faction guards will be much stronger. They can kill enemy players pretty quickly now. Any area with multiple enemy faction guards should be considered a death zone.
Which brings me to the next important change, several sectors in Neocron have more faction guards and less CopBots.

Plaza 1: As reported in the Neocronicle, the CityAdmin has reinforced its presence in Plaza 1 by posting a lot more faction guards. Some CopBots have been relieved of their duties and CA guards took their place (notably next to the Genrep!). So Plaza 1 should be considered a death zone by runners of the factions Twilight Guardian, Tsunami Syndicate, Black Dragon and Crahn.
Note: this only affects Plaza sector 1, other Plaza sectors still have the same amount of guards.
Pepper Park 1: All CopBots were removed and many of them were replaced by Tsunami guards. The Genrep is also guarded by a Tsunami representative! PP1 will be a death zone for runners of the factions CityAdmin, ProtoPharm, Black Dragon and Crahn.
Pepper Park 2: All CopBots were removed and many of them were replaced by Black Dragon guards. This zone is dangerous to runners of the factions CityAdmin, Diamond, Tsunami, CityMercs, Fallen Angels and Twilight Guardian.
Pepper Park 3: All CopBots were removed. There is one single Black Dragon guarding the Genrep, no further faction guards were added.

These changes make some zones unreachable/impassable for certain factions. Others will have take alternative routes (subways, secret passages) to get to sectors they previously could just genrep or walk to.
Additional vendors have been placed in the Black Dragon, Crahn and Tsunami faction Headquarters, as well as in Tech Haven to compensate for the loss of Plaza 1. The Twilight Guardian will get a faction office with vendors in a later patch.

CopBots do not shoot at faction enemies, they only consider Soullight and drawn weapons.

Also note that the security in Tech Haven has been increased notably. Fallen Angels should be able to feel a lot safer.

Please, carefully read the Sticky...........

heh......

"suck it up"(tm)

greploco
11-12-03, 06:57
to Flea, and all others Flea-ish comments attacking this point

MindMaze makes a hugely valid point, if someone doesn't see that then they are missing brain cells. I don't mean to be offensive but this point is so valid its not even funny. It's beyond not even funny.

making every faction guard, stormbot, and copbot essentially insta-kill is kind of pointless. especially since pepper park is the "rough side" of town where a little rambunctious rummbling is all part of the fun.

MindMaze
11-12-03, 07:11
Originally posted by greploco
to Flea, and all others Flea-ish comments attacking this point

MindMaze makes a hugely valid point, if someone doesn't see that then they are missing brain cells. I don't mean to be offensive but this point is so valid its not even funny. It's beyond not even funny.

making every faction guard, stormbot, and copbot essentially insta-kill is kind of pointless. especially since pepper park is the "rough side" of town where a little rambunctious rummbling is all part of the fun.

THANK YOU :)

SorkZmok
11-12-03, 07:16
worst of all

"Heya, we planned this for months! And today we tell you, its already happening tomorrow!"

Fucking shit. I'm not playing atm, i just logged in tonight and heard about that change. Otherwise i woudlve been dead on most of my chars right after i logged in. Without an idea why. As if it wouldve been hard work to make the cops and faction guards tell the ppl about the changes for some days before it really happens.

Haha mods have fun closing all those flame threads "ONOZ I LOGGED IN AND GOT SHOT KK YOU ASSHOLES", kthxbye. o_O

MindMaze
11-12-03, 07:27
The thing with kk is they do things too suddenly, and they obviously don't get enough player opinions on stuff before implementing.
For example, the lom situation about 8 months ago or so. They went from one extreme to the other and ended up balancing it somewhat (still not good enough in my opinion with the SI AND XP loss). I bet if they had made a poll on the subject to consult the community before changing that, they would have saved themselves a lot of work and annoyance. I personally know about 10 people who quit this game just because of that situation.

This situation is much worse than loms. We're talking killing half the pvp fun of this game for many people. The TS guards are kos to many factions which means that the only factions which will be able to fight in pp are TG, FA, and TT. On pluto, TG and FA are way more populated than TT. I know there are more factions, but those three are the only ones worth mentioning when it comes to pluto.

Anyway, what needs to be done is for kk to make a poll on EVERY single change they implement and only implement changes if the poll is heavily leaning on the YES side.

My two cents.

greploco
11-12-03, 14:21
<shudder> stealth lom change day, please don't remind us

Artie
11-12-03, 14:28
I like what they did, but no insta kill. Then there's no RP'ing...just run run run die.

*sigh* this is rediculous.

Devils Grace
11-12-03, 15:02
its goin to be fun

pp1 - tsunami

pp2 - black dragon

pp3 - free (mine)

so instead of pp1 fights u just have to goto pp3

goddbye zone huggers

:lol:

Lecko
11-12-03, 15:21
This sounds cool. Maybe a touch over the top if they kill with 1 shot or something. But still cool. Guards are guards. Sectors should be made anarchy if they have uber guards. Then, if people wanna attack, they do it in numbers. Simple.

Half the time it's lazy-ass pking gimps who ruin this game with random pking of noobs and tradeskills. If the guards sucked, they'd just do it again and again everywhere. You can't pk in MB, TG or TH anymore? Tough. Go into the wastelands and do it and kill people who put themselves in a vulnerable position instead of thinking it's your God given right to GR somewhere and kill. Pepper 3 will surely be the place to hang now?

Someone also flagged up various points about missions. There are some missions which take you to say, bump asylum or the jail. Will these changes make this impossible to complete certain epics?

[edit: And i can't remember where I logged my characters out either and can't log on till tonight. Is there anyway to get a reset to my apartment? I think i'm screwed....:eek: ]

Furion
11-12-03, 15:25
The CA guards in p1 are copbots in disguise.... i mistakenly logged on my spy who was standing next to the p1 GR (he is TG), and i got instakilled, it was just like having red SL and going into plaza.....

Lexxuk
11-12-03, 15:27
TG guards have been shooting their enemies for a long time, and with the Tangent epic being near TG itself, well, that sucked hard "talk to guy whilst TG guard fills you with fusion, then get shot by the guy you are talking to!"

Seems only fair that CA should have as many guards outside of their HQ as TG, and shoot its enemies, same as TG.

Lecko
11-12-03, 15:30
...but if they're instakill guards, it could well be impossible. The TG guards were bearable when you talk to that guy (just). Now it would be "Hi. Cou-" -You are dead, please select a genrep. Which to be honest, would suck.

Lexxuk
11-12-03, 15:32
we dont "know" they are insta kill, we also dont know if they are 120/120 (remember, the EPR is more powerful than the CBR, so CA guards would outpower a STORMBot at 120/120).

I'm actually looking forward to this change, EPR's do direct line fire, like CopBots did in Beta... so with bad s/l, i'd hide behind people... they would die :lol: :lol:

Lecko
11-12-03, 15:37
Sounds like it's gonna be a bunch of fun with people runnin' round trying to get other people killed. That was fun back in beta when someone would hide in Yo's sec 2 and get everyone who was milling about killed by the copbot after em :lol:

I just thought though, in sec 2, theres an entrance to Protopharm, just next to the bridge over Yo's. When I run past there with a NEXT runner, i always get taunted by the guard who tells me he's gonna kill me. So now will he actually kill me? That would be silly if things like these are gonna block legit city runners running through the city. Maybe different for PP as its more anarchic. There could be other problem spots too.

GT_Rince
11-12-03, 15:42
I gotta say, I am all for this patch. Keeping factions from certain areas gives the game more 'separation' and means that no everyone will be hanging round in the same place all the time. Now moving about NC is going to take some thinking about...

But sadly, there are always the whiners that like shit handed to them on a plate - adjust your play style and do something other than just hang around the same places all the time. Hell, the way some are bitching about this, you would think a feather duster and harsh language would be more appropriate.

:rolleyes:

Lexxuk
11-12-03, 15:44
I just checked, the CA guards got copbot rifles :( thats so sucky, I wanted death and chaos and mayhem in Plaza 1, not wussy guards with CBR's that PPU's can out heal :(

At least add pierce to the CBR's *growl*

Mirco
11-12-03, 15:45
One question: Does the guards have rank 120 hp or something more like players? I think it is a bit silly if they have the hp of 120 mobs. how on earth are the TG terrorists gonna be able to shake down NC?

Lecko
11-12-03, 15:49
I think maybe droning will become more important now.... and if they lose the safe zones, it will be more fun i think. (as long as tools dont drop). Time for the sneeky spies to perhaps play a role in attacking enemy positions....

JiNxY
11-12-03, 15:59
as somebody mentioned above i mostly feel sorry for ALL those tradeskillers logged off in p1, they will come back and die, and go WTF!!!

too short a notice KK!!

i mean i havent had time to get new arrangements for all my apps! (that i now cant get to) im too bothered tho i'll just switch faction for 20 minutes.

but the actual changes i like, now you have to stay in your own areas!! faction matters (a bit) its like real life, if you wander into the wrong neighbourhood your gunna get shot/stabbed whatever, just because of who you are.

(blah blah blah this is a game ffs!! <-- dont bother posting that at me ta)

i dont have anything to do with the test server.. so how would i know?

L0KI
11-12-03, 16:01
Sorry to be a wanker but i disagree. Its been on the testserver a while, so u could assume that it should make it to retail shortly after...

I think its goin to do the game a world of good. No longer will we all have to stand in plaza 1 like droms.

Richard Blade
11-12-03, 16:12
I'm undecided about the changes in the guards. It might be good because of the extra support that it gives to RP. However, Via Rosso is still accessible to all factions mostly. I'd bet the water front becomes something of a trading zone now.

As for what the faction sympathy changes may become.... it might change my other opinions on the faction guards. Like, Crahn really is part of the city, but they will be killed on sight. However, they aren't first class citizens and the new guards will keep them out of the view of the 'upper class'. Although, that should be VR, not Plaza.

I just hope they thought out the changes and made sure that epics and missions haven't become impossible.
Most of my characters are beyond delivery missions, but if I find out newbies are getting killed running legit easy delieries, no matter what faction, I would probably quit.

The use of sledge hammers when jewelers tools are required seems to be a trademark for KK.

Edit: Oh yeah, to those who say this is sudden... KK proposed it a few months ago. It should have been expected sooner than later because it was supposed to happen shortly before we got DOY. But, they never delivered. Now, we might be getting BDoY in a month or two. < crossing my fingers for luck >

Shakari
11-12-03, 16:13
Originally posted by \\Fényx//
ok now i see where ur coming from 8|

maybe keeping them at their usual 80/80 then yea, bt ffs 120/120 :|

Biotech guard are also 120/120 using cursed souls on the TS :(

ghandisfury
11-12-03, 16:15
Not going to read the entire thread. Get out of plaza one or join a city faction.....kthxby

Mumblyfish
11-12-03, 16:18
Originally posted by ghandisfury
Not going to read the entire thread. Get out of plaza one or join a city faction.....kthxby

The voice of reason! It's coming from his HEAD!

KILL IT!

ghandisfury
11-12-03, 16:34
Originally posted by Mumblyfish
The voice of reason! It's coming from his HEAD!

KILL IT!

Not sure wheter too_O or :lol: .....I understand where Mind is coming from, but the fact of the matter is there are "death zones" for City folks as well. TBH I think that they should be void of any safezones at all. When I start NC I read that "non-city factions are NOT FOR BEGGINERS", and it has been easier to play a non-city faction then a city faction. 80% of the server consists of TG/Crahn/TS/BD etc.....where is the "challenge" that these people face? I don't see it as a more difficult faction to play, I see it as an easier faction to play. Now that it's finally come to fruition that non-city factions won't be tolleration *in the city* we get threads like this.

Forgive me for my lack of sympathy.

Carinth
11-12-03, 18:37
Pepper 1 is our home, you will kindly take your petty fights elsewhere. I don't see why our home should be free for everyone to fight in, TG/FA/CM has always had faction guards to make their home unsafe for hostiles. Tsunami has been more then generous in letting everyone visit Pepper1, much to the detriment of our business, fights break out every day. It's about time we enforce the peace, maybe business will finnaly return to normal levels.

icarium
11-12-03, 19:09
Originally posted by VetteroX
If guards really are that stong its retarded. If they make TG, CM, FA etc guards all that powerful, I might find a new game... and im sure others will too. I men whats the point, we wont be able to pvp anywhere but neofrag.

i thought these changes were a really bad idea. you just changed my mind :)

icarium
11-12-03, 19:17
Originally posted by ghandisfury

hehe how? you'll be instakilled when you go to the faction HQ to ry and change. basically you are gonna have to spend a fortune changing factions if the one you want is enemy to your current.

oh look something else to put new players off :rolleyes:

=Chojin=
11-12-03, 19:55
Originally posted by icarium

oh look something else to put new players off :rolleyes:

its not gonna put off new players, its going to put off old players.
and
i at least expected a reset into everyones primary appts or something.......... instead of log-on-death.

Ch0