PDA

View Full Version : turret nonsense

greploco
11-12-03, 02:04
I'm unclanned, I have a LE in and turrets can attck me

what's up with that ?

I just logged in next to a turret that someone set and alomst got blowne away

turrets are player elements, if you have your LE in they shouldn't be able to attack you

Keiron
11-12-03, 02:10
It's done to prevent LE's from spying on op wars. If you're LE'd, you have no reason to be standing near a turret, if you need the gogo to res/cst just goto another zone and come back.

greploco
11-12-03, 02:18
hmm

I see your point but, I'm not involved in that

there is a nice dual system here where you can opt out of pvp and clan wars and faction nonsense --- and I'm doing that right now, I was in a huge clan a long time ago that has since disbanded and I'm just playin for fun, exploring the game, and leveling up

so, some turret opening fire on me seems a little odd

greploco
11-12-03, 02:23
and yes, I need the goguard

and on a separate thread, turreting goguards is something similar to turreting gengreps, which used to be possible

Wilco
11-12-03, 03:48
Treat the Turrets just like NPCs ...
If they block your way to a GR or GoGu, simply kill the turret!
As they can (and do) harm you, it's absolutely legit for you to destroy them!
Regards, Wilco

greploco
11-12-03, 07:07
destroy the turret, hmm. why didn't I think of that?

ok, I'm being sarcastic, sorry. I would gladly kill it, but

LE - I am out of the loop and I'm just exploring the game, leveling up, etc. this char is an LE player and the turret is categorized as another player, in effect - a clan member. I am unable to damage it and it's able to kill me.

that's the sort of weird part to it. inconsistent

besides, I'm not uber - the clan members would be all over me complaining to GMs if I could kill it with an LE in

but,

I did come up with a solution - pull a chaser into it and let it kill the turret

greploco
11-12-03, 07:09
also, \\Fényx// --- the turret attacks me outright, and no I'm not a faction enemy to the owning clan. I'm supposed to be neutral. (and yeah, I'm unclanned)

BlackPrince
11-12-03, 07:33
Ban all LE users from Warzones, they don't want to PvP and Warzones/Ops are here for PvP. They have no business here and don't deserve to get the bonus (you don't do the work, you don't get the benefits, this isn't a welfare society).

greploco
11-12-03, 07:39
uh no, LE means I get to explore the game without being hassled

as far as I can tell that's the whole point, to make different playing experiences available to customers

SovKhan
11-12-03, 07:43
well due to abuse of LE's i dont think it should be changed. if you an LE runner then find an op which has a gogo with no turret around it or go to a friendly op, LE's dont protect you when you come accross DOY scout units do they? so i dont see how it would allow you to explore that part of the game without a hassle. OP are essentially property of the clan that holds them therefor if they decide turrets should attack you they should.

bounty
11-12-03, 07:45
Originally posted by BlackPrince
Ban all LE users from Warzones, they don't want to PvP and Warzones/Ops are here for PvP. They have no business here and don't deserve to get the bonus (you don't do the work, you don't get the benefits, this isn't a welfare society).

Yeah please ruin the fun of exploration, and getting rareparts/lvl3imps for LE runners.:rolleyes:

SovKhan
11-12-03, 07:50

no just people with LE's in should accept the fact that if they are in a warzone they are subject to the owner of that OP's rules and not complain when they cannot use a GOGO that best suits them. if you want to explore beware of the consuquesnces (sp?).

Talismar
11-12-03, 07:55
>>Ban all LE users from Warzones, they don't want to PvP and Warzones/Ops are here for PvP. They have no business here and don't deserve to get the bonus (you don't do the work, you don't get the benefits, this isn't a welfare society).

Odd ... theres been fair hunting in all of the war zones I've been in .... So the mobs shouldn't be there either cause you know, its only there for PvP, not PvM.

As far as bonuses go - ha. The times I've seen a bonus active for me its been so minute it might as well not exist or its to something that is sooo very useful whilest out hunting (like Implant for instance).

BlackPrince
11-12-03, 08:29
I could care less. I don't hunt in warzones. Take all the mobs away and you just make it that much easier for me. I get tired of hearing fools bitch about being killed at CRP or other places by TGs when they're our enemies.

Listen, you LE users want all these special priveleges, well something has got to give. You are at someones outpost. They have fought over it, they control, you are subject to their rules.

Don't like it? Well then don't log out inside an Op and if you do, or decide you just have to use the citycom or whatever inside the op, accept the consequences.

And exploration? Please there are for more interesting places to explore outside of Warzones, thats really a half assed excuse. Do me a favor tonight, go home and come up with a better reason. I need more laughs.

greploco
11-12-03, 11:41
--------------> well due to abuse of LE's i dont think it should be changed

yes, Keiron pointed some of that out as well - I've got a gripe here but I don't know what could be done about it that would work and be fair to people trying to defend ops and all that

--------------> LE's dont protect you when you come accross DOY scout units do they?

doy scout units are mobs, turrets are player elements, they aren't really npcs. they shoot me and cause I have LE in I cannot damage them back in any way because they are "players". if I want to kill a DOY bot and I have 20 min to spare for hiding and healing, I could.

--------------> Odd ... theres been fair hunting in all of the war zones I've been in .... So the mobs shouldn't be there either cause you know, its only there for PvP, not PvM.

no, but you are not alone in saying this like it's truth.

in fact, the people who used to most emphaticly argue on this topic ---- that was back when nodrop first appeared in warzones. they were dedicated PK player farmers who were __royally__ pissed because they weren't getting any drops from people who leveled up and hunted in warzones. that was back in the days of H.A.T.E. basicly they wanted to get players out of warzones so they could have more of them to farm

--------------> And exploration? Please there are for more interesting places to explore outside of Warzones, thats really a half assed excuse. Do me a favor tonight, go home and come up with a better reason. I need more laughs.

it's not that laughable man, imagine if you cut off warzones from any subset of people. it cuts the map by about 55-60%. And face it, it's just cool to hunt around the map for the first time. especially ops if you have not seen them before. I remember the first time I hunted around all the nooks and crannies in eastgate, it's pretty cool.

anyhoo ....

thanks for the discussion avereyone, think all the points have been hit.

look - one of the reasons why I got pissed by this is because I know who planted the turret. he saw me log off and then planted it right next to where I logged. heh, I just barely got away with zero (yes, zero really) hit points. the guy wasn't defending an op, he was just being an irritating towel twister

VetteroX
11-12-03, 12:12
awww, the little le baby got killed? did you drop your baby rattle? oh you couldnt, because you have your le in. boo freaking hoo. Its like the first responce said, its because a lot of people exploit the le by spying. If you dont like the turret blocking the gogo, pull out your le, and blow it up. thats what I do. Turret gets in my way, its gone, and i hit gogo and im away before the enemy clan comes. If they block a gogo with a turret the are asking for it, but turets should be able to kill le users.

Man I just wish once there would be a little "bug" where LE users all lost thier les... and got warped to pp and couldnt zone to plaza... wouldnt that be fun? Oh Id love to hear the screams of carebears as they got mowed down relentlesly.....

greploco
11-12-03, 14:18
and I think that means we are done, request for close

Wilco
11-12-03, 14:56
Again one of those ignorants who better plays some CS or DC...
Just because you F6-red==KOS people want to change the definition of PvP, it still has a bit different meaning.
The "versus" in P"v"P doesn't actually meaning against in thy way of "always attack/kill" your opponent.
It just means interaction between playerchars, as PvM means interaction between PC and NPC...
While the later mostly involves actual fighting (NPC-AI isn't that good up to now, you know ;)), the former definitely does NOT.

And just because you might be in a clan, where your clan-whores do all the work for you, that is researching, constructing and poking, quite some folks do actually use the services of LEd tradechars, so they're really doing (more or less good) PvP (or even RP, if the haggle involves some nice talking).
Their "work" for society is in no way less than your trigger pulling at OP-wars! So absolutely no "welfare" involved here...

You're obviously a member of the "my char's just a drone... name and background is irrelevant... red is the enemy, dead is the enemy" fraction of players who might better try some game, where you 1337 skillz in mouse-pushing and trigger-pulling are the only required skills.

And because KK didn't take away leveling mobs in op-zones, LEd chars obviously also "have business" there!

MJS statement, that NC is a game with a great emphasize on PvP does indeed NOT mean: "This game is mainly a first person shooter"... But to see that, one has to (be able and) read oneself a bit further into his descriptions.
I repeat: PvP is NO synonym for PlayerVersusPlayer combat ALONE!

@greploco:
Uhm, the turret can hurt you, but you can't?
Damn... you're absolutely right, either it shouldn't be able to hurt you, or you should be able to take it out.
(As i'm thinking of it now, we didn't play our LEd chars, as a friend of mine and myself encountered the trigger-happy turret, sorry)

So, if a part of the game (NPC, turret, whatever) is able to (and does this first) hurt me, then *I* should be able to hurt it also!
(Plaza-1 safezone terroristic CA-faction guards as well as OP-turrets)

Regards, Wilco

EDIT: VetteroX, you're talking totally bullshit... you don't only seem to belong to the 'ignorant' fraction of the playerbase described above, but even to the sociopathic one, who loves to grief not mainly other chars, but their players!
If you would be able to read through and understand MJS and others descriptions and explanations, you might be able to understand, that the type of game you obviously prefer is not the one, KK meant NC to be.
But i'm afraid, your abilities to behave and act like a learning, sympathetic human being, seem quite challenged!
/EDIT

BlackPrince
11-12-03, 20:15
Oh really you little twit?

There is a war going on. According to the RP we are fighting for the very freedom of our people. Why in gods name should I allow enemies to come into my OPs and level there? Does that make any sense whatsoever?

No. Before you put me in some little pidgeon hole you simple minded prick, try thinking outside your own petty ignorance. The LE is not necessary to this game if you play with half a brain. Sure there are assholes here who would kill you just like there are assholes in RL who'd beat your ass. At the end of the day, it accomplishes the exact same thing. Both are easily avoidable either through planning, taking of proper measures, and just thinking. I've never been mugged on the street and only had to defend myself twice in bars. Same as I've only been PK'd across all the servers twice while levelling in over a year of play.

There is a War going on. It is called "Anarchy" for a reason in most zones and Warzones for the same.

As far as LE tradeskillers, I would never us one. I am a fighter for my faction and would never lower myself to using someone who didn't contribute to the cause and instead spends all day in P1 with their LE in whoring themselves to the enemies of our people. Playing on Pluto we don't have the luxury as some others do of using mule accounts. Everybody Fights, Everybody works. Tbh, I try to only use allied faction tradeskillers and when possible shun those tradeskillers who service non-allied faction members.

You're obviously a member of the weak minded ignorant tools of Reeza who choose to think that Reeza's Laws will protect you from his cruelty. I look forward to liberating you from his grasp and hopefully one of your clones will have a little higher intelligence.

Lecko
11-12-03, 20:46
Originally posted by VetteroX
Man I just wish once there would be a little "bug" where LE users all lost thier les... and got warped to pp and couldnt zone to plaza... wouldnt that be fun? Oh Id love to hear the screams of carebears as they got mowed down relentlesly.....

No, that would suck. He has a right to use an LE if he wants, doesn't make him a worse player than some ubertwitnoobpker does it?

He shouldnt be allowed immunity to turrets though as you said. For obvious reasons that all OP wars would suddenly gain an LE "turret patrol". Turrets attacking LE is fine.

greploco
12-12-03, 03:15
------> The LE is not necessary to this game if you play with half a brain.

give me a break, try solo exploring and solo hunting across the map when you have a CA tag - or a TG tag for that matter. if that doesn't convince you, try putting on that NCPD power armor. ever wonder why you don't see it more? it doesn't nerf speed and it's got good resists. it's because you pretty much laser paint a massive freaking target on your back when you wear it.

it's funny to wear that NCPD pa and walk around with a LE, repeatedly you will have crews of 3-6 people spot you from a distance and roll in only to have thier gangbang gank fun spoiled, heh.

look - you are talking from one end of the playing expierience only

there is another end, simply because you dont' do it or because you trash talk it doesn't mean it's not there and it doesn't mean it's not fun - if I want to pay my hard earned cash to level up and poke around without being hassled and the game environment allows that it's no concern of yours mister poopy pants.

and btw, not all of my chars are LE -- so maybe we will meet ingame. also -- I've had a "crew" before and a big clan, I have roved the wastes and farmed players back in the day when wepons used to drop whole in warzones. It's was pretty amazing to kill someone in an op war and then pick up their CS/Mal/HL. (that lead to a drought in op wars though) But things change, clans disband, etc. etc. etc. and now I'm hauling around on my own for the moment.

I pointed out something weird here, a failure in logic, fundmentally if a player element can shoot me well then I should be able to shoot back. but as was pointed out and _acknowledged_ on the first page of this thread ----- yes, you can't have people spying on op wars and all that. so there isn't a ready fix -- so what, end of discussion, no ?

and well of course the fact that the guy planted the turret next to where I logged. that was kind of funny I gues, pissed me off at the time though as you can imagine.

Wilco
12-12-03, 11:08
greploco, 100% ACK for that.
But i think, BlackPrince refers to my post ;)

@BlackPrince:
As for the last three paragraphs of your posting:
if that'd be an ingame conversation, i'd be fully complying to that (it's your way of play).

But for instance: i don't level IN your OPs... i might be leveling outside of your OPs but using some installations of your OP (YOs / GoGu / terminal).
It's absolutely ok for you not to want me doing this; however, when you place a turret there that is able to hurt me, i want to be able to hurt it also!

Unfortunately, you seem to be the (quote)"simple minded prick"(/quote), who's unable to think "outside your own petty ignorance".
It is a matter of fact, that when exploring alot, thus crossing alot of "borders", you're an easy prey for all kinds of "shoot first, ask later" fractions of the playerbase. Adding now the high risk of being ambushed at your favorite leveling spots (It's more than one, and the sociopaths seem to be quite successfull in knowing them all), there is no way of it being "easily avoidable either through planning, taking of proper measures, and just thinking".

This might be true for some highlevel Tank, PPU or even PE with a PvP-combat skilling.
But absolutely NOT for a Tradechar Spy with a set of various skills for accomplishing different tasks in an MMORPG setting!
I have to fully admit, that this might change to some less lethal risk, when being near cap, thus enabling the highest usable armor and gadgets (heavy belts, SPY-PA, stealth), in a way, that you'd be able to "stealth away" or won't hit the ground with a 2nd shoot from a sniper, enabling you to seek cover.

But that'd just add to my side of the argument:
Either seek cover in a clan and getting capped AFAP, or serve as prey for the sociopaths out there.
And that (i've written it in previous posts) is obviously not the way, KK meant NC to be, else they'd have advertised this blatantly as being the pure first person shooter, some fraction of the playerbase still insists in being it.

I do in no way try to force my opinion upon yourself to play NC the way to satisfy all my needs and wishes, but simply to be let unbothered.
I, as well as alot of other players who have been forced by previously mentioned sociopaths to replug the LE (or never taking it out, due to previous experiences), aren't the ones who practive what you call "LE exploiting"... i bet you, that those are about the same fraction of players who have their fun in griefing other players and made US keeping the LE in!

And again, it's KK being forced to take measures against a small amount of people abusing the protective means, they built in, thus lowering the fun for alot of players to overcome the "Mr.Optimizator" ways of play of some "1337 PvP-rul0rs"...

Unfortunately, they can't establish a kind of "in game" law, forbidding some of the overpowered combination of set of equipment or ways of play (tweaking the game mechanics is not "in game", and obviously they haven't found a proper solution for above mentioned problems yet).

Trust me, *I* am NOT the one who spoils your fun in the game (except maybe, that i "lobby" against some of your ooc wishes here in the forum :cool: ); so isn't it just fair for me to also have some fun in it?

It all comes down to a single point: Respect for another players needs and wishes.
Laugh at / taunt / con and even kill the character in front of you, but don't overdo it and come to grief the player who sits behind the other screen!
That's a thin line for sure, but unfortunately we seem to have a massive (or just very active) fraction of the playebase crossing this line by far, with intent and joy!

And that's why me and quite some others refuse to "play it the hard way" with some of our chars...
As i play both LEd as well as nonLEd chars, i know both sides (not the rPKers side, but the side of the "always watch your back"), and although i repeat myself here: It's the same people who intently spoil other peoples fun, who are the "LE exploiters", and not those who want to stay ungriefed.

So when i read posts wanting to "ban the LE", or to have some bug letting all LEs "fall out" as to be able to hunt down and abreact ones agressions; or directly calling me a "twit" and "simple minded prick", just because i also try to "lobby" and explain my understanding of the game and the reasons for my points of view, i do take some of the phrases picked by my preposters and use them against themselves (or find some eloquent ways to describe their "narrow paths of thought" without offending them too much)... :angel:

Regards, Wilco

Gotterdammerung
12-12-03, 17:47
closed as per thread starters request