PDA

View Full Version : old idea revised: citycom player shops

emoticon
11-12-03, 00:27
Allow players to sell their items automatically through player shops. Add a new tab in CityCom called, "Market." The market will display the runners' names who are selling things. To get on the list, a runner has to have certain items in their inventory tagged. For instance, if I tag an 25x medics in my inventory, I would no longer be able to use them, and my name would appear in the market list. When someone clicks my name in the market list, they'd get a list of things I'm selling; in this case, 25x medics. They could then specify quantify of medics and click buy to purchase them.

This would give all tradeskillers more business. Now, all they do is stand around plaza and spam endlessly. With player shops, they could keep constructing items and adding them to the player shops for profits. CityCom would be used more. I'd like to get on neocron and browse through the market to see if there's anything interesting for sale.

Granted, such feature would take awhile to implement, but at least we'll have player shops. All other games, like daoc and ragnarok, has them, and we should too.

Any comments?

Illion
11-12-03, 00:32
Sounds gr8 to me...
If you have ever played EVE Online they have a similar concept. Its just like having an in game e-bay, but with everything as 'buy-now' only.

It makes such a difference to the game, but reduces player to player interaction.
At least in noecron you meet pokers and constructors etc though.

Ill.

Sealdude
11-12-03, 00:41
http://neocron.jafc.de/showthread.php?s=&threadid=84379