PDA

View Full Version : Lack of lvling teams at crp (pluto)

DIS
10-12-03, 21:44
Anyone else notice this on pluto or is everyone capped already :)
Problem im finding atm is that every time there is a good team lvling in the chaos caves either FF, or dark or NDA or whoever come in and attack the lvling team who they regard as an enemy, now im sure we've all been guilty of this from time to time :angel: but atm its gettin gout of hand.

Remember back in the day when everyone put their differences aside and kept the chaos caves as a pvp free area whilst team lvl up, would be nice to hear some comments from the bigger clans on pluto :)

Cheers.

csh1
10-12-03, 21:47
its mainly cos FF keep it locked all the time which mean hardkly anyone can get there..

DIS
10-12-03, 21:48
thats not 100% true, though it is locked down at times (which is VERY annoying) of late its been open for all from what i can tell.

csh1
10-12-03, 21:52
it wasnt yesterday... i have to ask FF to open it which some do!! unlike AsTeRiX

Most of FF are nice tho even though im CA

DIS
10-12-03, 21:55
personally i dont have anything against FF closing the OP, if they own it they can do wtf they like, but whole point of the post was to see if its possible to make crp more open so teams can actually level without constant pk in the caves.

csh1
10-12-03, 21:58
Well what they should do is make a accord or somthgin where clans can sign up to lvl there. if there not on the list blast em to hell and iof they are and pk then inform the clan and jkill em

DIS
10-12-03, 22:01
yeah that would be nice, but its just getting the bigger clans to co-operate as most of them have fully capped chars anyway and dont need to use CRP to lvl up. Worth a shot though :)

csh1
10-12-03, 22:03
anyhting that can get me capped!

Lethys
10-12-03, 22:07
Being an ex sub-leader of FF, I can say that they did try to keep it open for all, however they got repaid by ninja attacks on Cycrow, and a certain CM clan blowing turrets and running off. So really you can't blame them for being reluctant to keep it open.

And as for the PKers, there's not much you can do about it. There has always been PKers attacking CRP, and always will be, as it's the most popular leveling area. However it's not the only leveling area.

DIS
10-12-03, 22:10
yes i do understand that, but some clan co-operation would be nice to allow everyone to level without too much trouble.
And its not like FF cant look after their own OP's :) they are prob the biggest clan atm anyway.

Shadow Dancer
10-12-03, 22:14
FF opens it alot, and sometimes opens it if you ask.

The lack of populated hunting areas started with the genrep rules.

[TgR]KILLER
10-12-03, 22:20
capped ^^

DIS
10-12-03, 22:21
yeah this is true :( i think the crp rep should be like the new battle dome rep, i.e free for all, or at least have a rep near the TG chaos caves.

deac
10-12-03, 22:22
Originally posted by DIS
they are prob the biggest clan atm anyway.

no thats dark

DIS
10-12-03, 22:25
perhaps dark are bigger, ok let me rephrase then, FF have the largest amount of APU and PPU combos on the server atm. (or at least i think they do) :)

deac
10-12-03, 22:30
Originally posted by DIS
perhaps dark are bigger, ok let me rephrase then, FF have the largest amount of APU and PPU combos on the server atm. (or at least i think they do) :)

no that would be dark too :P

argh no way in hell to tell who has the most monks :)
but we most likely have the most tanks thats for sure :)

Mumblyfish
10-12-03, 22:35
You don't have my tank :p

And in the end, isn't that all that matters?

DIS
10-12-03, 22:39
Well anyway :p

If FF, dark, nda, thsc, sxr and all the other well known/bigger clans would be interested....

Would it be possible to allow crp to be a lvling zone again without too much nastyness in the caves etc :)

Anyway just a thought, prolly go down the toilet as usual though :D

Mumblyfish
10-12-03, 22:41
Hell, I only ever attack in the caves if the levelling team gets attacked. I've always considered CRP a PvP-free zone, and I'm sure most major players would recognise that too.

Should be worth a shot.

DIS
10-12-03, 22:44
yeah Def, problem is actually bringing the idea to the attention of all the clan leaders etc. i suppose i could email everyone in game about it, but id rather they read it here and post comments.

BlackPrince
10-12-03, 22:45
Here's a hint: Theres more to levelling than cave runs.

DIS
10-12-03, 22:47
yes there is, but ive not seen any other better lvling spot other than crp and mc5, poison mobs aint good for lesser classes such as spys without a ppu, but at least u can do the caves if yer careful.

BlackPrince
10-12-03, 23:02
Spies? Cave runs are horrible for spies. Best XP for the time is either Doomies or Warbies.

Caves are nice for monkeys and tanks who have AoE, but I've noticed in some sectors huge clumps of high level mobs, perfect for anyone with AoE.

Cave runs are boring, I can't even force myself to do more than one a week, even then I feel like I'm wasting time.

Lafiel
10-12-03, 23:07
FF have the most ACTIVE ppl in their clan since they are the newest. DarK have like 30-40 active members

ghandisfury
10-12-03, 23:15
Originally posted by DIS
If FF, dark, nda, thsc, sxr and all the other well known/bigger clans would be interested....

Would it be possible to allow crp to be a lvling zone again without too much nastyness in the caves etc :)

Anyway just a thought, prolly go down the toilet as usual though :D

We've already tried that mate.....it's hard for all members in all clans to keep to the treaty.

Dardalion
10-12-03, 23:16
Originally posted by DIS
Problem im finding atm is that every time there is a good team lvling in the chaos caves either FF, or dark or NDA or whoever come in and attack the lvling team who they regard as an enemy, now im sure we've all been guilty of this from time to time :angel: but atm its gettin gout of hand.

Remember back in the day when everyone put their differences aside and kept the chaos caves as a pvp free area whilst team lvl up, would be nice to hear some comments from the bigger clans on pluto :)

Cheers.

Cos everyones at El Farid :)

Ormy
11-12-03, 00:53
I'm always wanting to go there, but EVERYWHERE IS CLOSED. Damn i hate this GR shit, even more than i hate over-powered monks.

Psyco Groupie
11-12-03, 00:59
hmmm .. lifes a beach

SigmaDraconis
11-12-03, 01:07
CRP is by no means a PvP free zone..nor should it be...WARzone does come to mind... however, most anyone with a set of balls and an ounce of common sense will leave the PvPing outside the actual cave though.

Omnituens
11-12-03, 01:08
pffft, who needs a team? :p

you dont need a team the level in there, unless youre a leecher.

Resear
11-12-03, 02:55
Originally posted by Omnituens

Right on :D

Mr Friendly
11-12-03, 02:59
Originally posted by DIS

Cheers.

FF kills most of all faction enemies they see there, & since they have an OP in that section, they're there quite often

lullysing
11-12-03, 08:02
You people are truly pathetic. There are several spots everywhere on the frikking map and the only one that you will go is cycrow.

Man i used to level in the central wastelands. People i would grab with to team with me back then ( with my jeep/tank ) would flip because they would not get PKed, the monsters were totally doable, and it felt like we were the huns let loose upon a wasteland of sheeps ( trust me, a full team with rhino tank support and a repairer on board will kill everything on the way . And if it gets too hot, retreat inside the tank while the gunner takes care of it).

Warbots, robots and horrors, some ruins with hackboxes, the infamous "shelter this way" sign and other goodies kept us entertained all night. IT was like an episode of cops, just massively violent and totally neocron style. Of course, if you get to a place with the anarch in them and people go " look, some anarchs " and then they all turn around and start gatlinging the curious TT monk, it's even more funnier.

And no one would fuck with our hacks. Everybody got away with good loot and a few levels. This is compared to the other people bitching about losing their uberslotted gun because some fuckasses PKed everybody, or that they would get PKed while hacking warbots at the MB, or getting punked by the gank patrol at the bunker.

You tell me who were the winners in this : my group or the cycrow people?

LVirus
11-12-03, 08:36
Well CRP is best leveling spot for quick exp and for .. yes .. leechers. Sadly FF turned their back to me so I don't know where to level my chars now :( (And other places are pretty much dead because of low population)

TheEnemy
11-12-03, 09:19
Try the cave 1 sector south of CRP, it is bigger and better anyway (near the bend in the path, can't miss it). Or even the TG cave.

Dardalion
11-12-03, 12:10
Originally posted by Omnituens

True enough - Ive been living in El Farid for a few days - only coming out to restock boosters/medikits - I wouldnt have to do that if the scorpions would drop something cloneable.

(I made my sig when I got caught between 2 Giant Scorpions)

Xylaz
11-12-03, 12:31
well there are few things about crp

first it's a really nice hunting spot where people can actually meet and hunt together (with a lack of player base it's pretty important IMO cause not everyone prefer to play solo). Well - that's what draws me to crp at least - i am hoping to find a team there (if i wanted to hunt alone i'd go to gabanium for warbots and brutes)

And uhm
about Pkilling inside the caves

I've alwas thought that TG are following some common sense rules and that they won't attack anyone inside the caves (it's a lvling spot anyway). Yet yesterday i was attacked and killed (yeah, i'm FA) along with a few other FA & BT mates inside the cave by TG people (from major TG clan). First, lone runnner started to backstabbing us from behind while we were busy fighting then - after he died - he came back with his friends... Doesn't matter, I don't want to comment this alot - let's just say i've lost most of my respect to that clan.
So just for information - crp is not a safe lvling spot for TG enemies (supposedly killing FA was a "mistake") anymore, just consider yourself warned.
Hmm, come to think of it - is there any safe lvling spot out there on pluto? People Pkilling in aggie sewers, in MB, TG and CRP...
So... well

be careful out there...

deac
11-12-03, 12:32
look i get dms every day about opening crp and most of the time i do open crp.. unless ff wants to be alone there :D

just give me a msg... and btw we had crp open all of yesterday....

hmm and yes... ff wont kill allies... or even hostile none clanned runners... BUT we do have two spanish guys in our clan that dont understand shit :D just watch out for those 2 and all will be fine...

LVirus
11-12-03, 13:05
Whoa, does this mean I can level in CRP because only 1 of my chars is in clan? :D

Darken
11-12-03, 13:30
We would open the Genrep usually, but by the time we get sick of snipers,destroyed turrets, ninja hackers etc.
And we also consider crp as a non pvp zone, there just some clans we kill they cause their often sniping, ninja hacking or destroying.
Nevertheless unclanned runners, if their not beeing aggressiv , pvping etc. should be safe there.

But u can always direct a member to ask for open the GR.
:)

ZigZag
11-12-03, 13:45
K the RP behind the forming of FF was that they were trying to free the ppl of Neocron from "the slavery of their oppressor". One of the original core ideas was to keep cycrow open to show them that they were welcome to TG and that red was not automatically dead. We knew obviously enemy clans would use the open gr to attack us but that was fine - its a PvP clan. All enemy clans know if they want to find ff all they need to do is to head to cycrow - we lom there - we often go afk there - Im logged off there now. Its the first clan that i have seen since STEALTH in beta who actually uses an op for more than the op bonus. Others sit in the safe zones.

Most enemy clans were offered NAP's in cycrow area and enemy individuals are not KOS there. It began like that but a few ppl decided it was sport to sneak in an kill turrets all day and snipe ff from the hills which gets kinda irritating after a while. Also ppl didnt enjoy having to wait to be shot at first before they could shoot back - so we had a vote and some enemy clans and certain individuals became KOS there.

In the caves is up to the person's judgment - often ppl attack an ff and then run in the cave for protection because they know if they killed there we will lose soullight. And of course if u are ff, u cant level in the caves u will get shot in the back like we do aat mc5. All in all its just too much hassle keeping it open - ppl dont seem to "get" the idea behind it - so we gave up.

Yea xylaz - that was an example of an ff being shot at and then ppl running into the caves for protection - I spent over an hour trying to sort that, obviously i wasted my time - its just much simpler to keep it shut.

Shakari
11-12-03, 16:17
Originally posted by DIS
yeah this is true :( i think the crp rep should be like the new battle dome rep, i.e free for all, or at least have a rep near the TG chaos caves.

If you look at the map it is tagged as a public GR (in blue like el farid TG TH etc) but Cycrow lab interferes with it :/

ghandisfury
11-12-03, 16:19
Originally posted by ZigZag
K the RP behind the forming of FF was that they were trying to free the ppl of Neocron from "the slavery of their oppressor".

ff has never RPed, and I doubt they have the ability to do anything that requires more than pointing and clicking.

Mumblyfish
11-12-03, 16:21
Now, now. Less of the flames, Ghandi. As we all know, FF has limited use of the WSAD keys as well. In fact, the most developed FF has a basic grasp of local chat.

:D

Wannabe
11-12-03, 16:27
Heh, it's WASD, not WSAD mumbly you noob =)

// Wannabe

Mumblyfish
11-12-03, 16:35
I'll noob you, gayface!

Personally, I use ESDF. It's the WINNAR!!!(oenroigb eofdjnw d) keyboard combo.

ghandisfury
11-12-03, 16:39
Originally posted by Mumblyfish
Now, now. Less of the flames, Ghandi. As we all know, FF has limited use of the WSAD keys as well. In fact, the most developed FF has a basic grasp of local chat.

:D

No flames mate.....just stating the facts.:angel: