PDA

View Full Version : Make Plaza 1 An Anarchy Zone?

L0KI
10-12-03, 18:36
After reading this:

http://neocron.jafc.de/showthread.php?s=&threadid=84365

I think plaza 1 (ONLY plaza 1) NEEDS to be made into either an Anarchy or a hunting zone.

Its crap to say the least that we (BD, TS, TG) cannot defend ourselves against the CA guards. Pathetic even.

CA will be constantly ganking us in PP, but we cannot return this?

It would be simple to switch the zone over to anarchy.

What do u guys think?

ezza
10-12-03, 18:39
yeah make it anarchy zone now that the guards are gonna be kosing enemies

GT_Rince
10-12-03, 18:41
Make everywhere anarchy... Turn Pluto into Neptune :D

ezza
10-12-03, 18:42
Originally posted by GT_Rince

no how about the same on all serverso_O

L0KI
10-12-03, 18:42

but this thread isnt about that dude, cos i know a lot of people dont want that :( ( i would ;))

Its just plaza 1 for now, and im 100% serious. Its unfair that we should not be able to fight back.

J. Folsom
10-12-03, 18:43
Make everywhere anarchy... Turn Pluto into Neptune :D All servers, dagnabbit! ALL SERVERS!

But yeah, I'd like the safe zones removed too, with the addition of the stronger (and more present) faction guards it should work.

Jest
One step at a time there cowboy. ;)

Lecko
Jeez. Do you want everything to revolve around PvP? I for one would not stand in P1 researching for people (at the risk of losing my tool :( ). You can't rely on guards, theyre shit. After being droned to death for the umpteenth time, i think I'd just research for myself. It would be even harder to tradeskill anywhere...

MayhemMike
I can't say i'm down with this ... i see it now

CAnoob: Poking TL 71
*MayhemMike enteres zone with ppu on his arse*
CAnoob: WAIT STOP
*mayhemmikes chat*
"You lost a little City Administration Sympathy"

Sigh :O

L0KI
10-12-03, 18:44
Originally posted by Lecko
Jeez. Do you want everything to revolve around PvP? I for one would not stand in P1 researching for people (at the risk of losing my tool :( ). You can't rely on guards, theyre shit. After being droned to death for the umpteenth time, i think I'd just research for myself. It would be even harder to tradeskill anywhere...

well hows about using common sense, and tradeskilling in PLAZA 2

:rolleyes:

ezza
10-12-03, 18:44
Originally posted by Lecko

the guards have been beefed up and there is more of them

Edit: lol @ Mike

Lecko
10-12-03, 18:52
Originally posted by L0KI
well hows about using common sense, and tradeskilling in PLAZA 2

:rolleyes:

This was in reply to anarchy everywhere. You do that, you remove most tradeskilling from the game. It would fine for people in clans, but a lot ain't and they'd be f'ked. There's gotta be a neutral place somewhere. As Mmike said, with a PPU you could run in and gank away....

I wouldnt mind seeing some of the zones anarchy. Maybe Plaza, but leave via secure. That would leave places to trade in via. Though that might just leave Plaza desolate.

Selendor
10-12-03, 18:55
While many of us would welcome the challenge of all anarchy zones, I think perhaps we have to consider the new and low ranked players when making this change. Its all very well if we are capped and can compete against other players, but if you're mid level (and are clanned = LE out), the criteria changes.

Momo Katzius
10-12-03, 18:57
Wait until DOY, Nc_factions will have same Probs in DOY. So where is the Problem?

GT_Rince
10-12-03, 18:59
I thought tools never dropped ?

ezza
10-12-03, 19:01
I thought tools never dropped ? think remote ones can

Zanathos
10-12-03, 19:02
Changes NEED to be made to the AI of faction guards and copbots before every zone becomes an anarcy zone.....

Ive posted my idea twice in the brainport now... still have yet to see it implemented.

basically, warning, 5 seconds, another warning gun drawn, 5 seconds, opens fire.

or, runner shoots a gun in front or at of said guard, guard opens fire imediatly.

this would make zones like these safe, for the most part, and would still allow trade skillers to work in peace, why? cause as soon as that enemy opens fire, they will get ganked by all the new guards.

copbots should do the same thing for enemies of neocron, which means enemies of CA pretty much, now IF the factions become united, then it will make things much simpler.

Problem that there is right now....

BioTech is friendly to CA, but enemies to TT. See where the problem would arise here? in the said case above, it could only be copbots that enforce the law then as faction guards arent meant for such a thing.

BTW guys, expect to see PATROLLING copbots VERY soon!

Maybe even hoverbots eventually!

Spectra260
10-12-03, 19:20
since there making the changes like you said then yea they should...atleast a hunting zone

Oath
10-12-03, 19:30
If i cant pimp in safety then why should anyone else.......

anarchy zone......

It'd be suicide to try, so why not :D

ghandisfury
10-12-03, 19:37
Until they make it to where there is no possible way to lie, cheat, and steal they need to make all zones anarchy. My humble oppinion of course.

Strych9
10-12-03, 20:36
There are two diff issues here being blurred together.

1. Safe zone to tradeskill
2. Ability to attack the CA HQ and such

SOME people want the safe zone... they just dont want it in Plaza 1 which is where the CA HQ is.

As it is now, if you assault the BD HQ, you may get attacked outside by guards but you can fight back.

If you assault the CA HQ, the guards can attack you outside, but because its a safe zone, you cannot attack back.

That is the big problem here.

Really, the Crytons found in P2 (or is it P4? I forget by name which is which) is the better Crytons since it sells chems. But P1 is so good for the tradeskilling, as it has a medicare and 2 genreps and a gogo centralized. Newbie sewers real close by, a Crytons and a Yos. Plus the big central area and plenty of benches and such. Oh and the Yakarmas.

Too bad they cant just move CA HQ somewhere else. I am fond of the layout of P1. :)

shodanjr_gr
10-12-03, 20:45
All safezones should be turned to anarchy zones, especially now that CA guards are gona be so powerfull.

Doc Holliday
10-12-03, 20:47
remote tools dont drop either. plaza 1 anarchy would be fun.

g0rt
10-12-03, 20:47
There should be no safe zones. They are a restriction in the game, and game restrictions suck. Would be alot better if there were just alot of guards in certain areas to make it LIKE a safe zone, without a game mechanic simply governing everyone.

Shadow Dancer
10-12-03, 22:19
It's unfair that people can't fight back against the guards, so yes make it anarchy zone.

TheEnemy
11-12-03, 11:09
Hunting zone, or equivalent.

Why?

City is under NCPD rule. Killing in city = crime. Criminals = punished by copbots. Soul-light loss = copbots shoot at you.

Killing people in the city is a crime that should be punished.