PDA

View Full Version : Allied faction guys KOSing me

Stigmata
10-12-03, 18:17
Ok so i have recently changed faction on most of my chars.

Due to previous factions and guard killing, my symp with every single allie is -100 or close to that.

So i take a trip to MB to see if any of the old enemies still KOS me, when i arrive the guards who are allied to me start warning me their gonna open fire on me.... O_o

I think oh their just not working properly and are only gonna warn me.......... 15 seconds later they open fire on me so being an unbuffed apu i run like fuck.

So my question is, with the new faction guard changes are these supposed allied guards gonna KOS me with their new "death zone" style attitudes ?

Or will they just continue to warn me and if i stand around for 15 seconds im gonna die?

Answers ? comments ?

Sanch0s
10-12-03, 18:18
Aint it a bitch to be KOSed by your own faction and old clan!

J. Folsom
10-12-03, 18:19
I'm pretty they'll all KOS you, as far as I know that's not a bug either; if your Faction Sympathy numbers appear red the guards of that faction will kill you on sight, regardless of normal faction relationships.

ezza
10-12-03, 18:19
if you got red faction symp with the faction they will KOS you regardless of wether you are allied to em.

i get hasseled by all the guards apart from BD's

Stigmata
10-12-03, 18:23
Aint it a bitch to be KOSed by your own faction and old clan!

You and the other brought that upon yourselves....your choice not mine.

if you got red faction symp with the faction they will KOS you regardless of wether you are allied to em.

i get hasseled by all the guards apart from BD's

in all honesty that fucking stupid.

I have symp with ever faction except bio, pp and fa at below -50

so as from the patch i can go to vr1/vr3 aslong as i dont go to close to the bases, and er....thats it

L0KI
10-12-03, 18:23
Naah, all my chars have -99 in everything except crahn and BD. i dont get shot by factions other than enemy factions.

Must be a bug, but an official word wouldnt go a miss

[TgR]KILLER
10-12-03, 18:24
Gonna be fun for killer lolz almost -100 on all factions to.. inc ca etc :p only Tg is around 30.. TS is 50 ( should be ok in pp1 ;) ) and FA is 70 or so.. rest is all red..

Jest
10-12-03, 18:26
Yah Im pretty sure they shouldnt do that. I have -100 in CM myself and they dont shoot at me.

ezza
10-12-03, 18:26
Originally posted by L0KI
Naah, all my chars have -99 in everything except crahn and BD. i dont get shot by factions other than enemy factions.

Must be a bug, but an official word wouldnt go a miss

hmm i go near the proto guards(allied faction)and they will spam me, and on a few occisions they have opened up on me

[TgR]KILLER
10-12-03, 18:29
never anybody played with CA guards in p1 before ? gonna be loads of fun now :D

ezza
10-12-03, 18:36
Originally posted by [TgR]KILLER
never anybody played with CA guards in p1 before ? gonna be loads of fun now :D

lol they killed my noob BD mate once, he was like WTF!!! they shot me:lol: try as i might the CA guys just wouldnt shoot me, only the once outside the admin building would

Stigmata
10-12-03, 18:37
i have tested it on 3 guards now

BD -95 symp shot me after 30 seconds
CM -100 symp shot me after 15 seconds
PP -68 symp shot me after a minute or two of lerking around their hq door

Nish
10-12-03, 19:23
You clanned on the chars you've tested? In my experience you are protected if you're in a clan regardless of symp, but when unclanned it's just what colour the numbers are afaik. Sort of makes sense when you think about it.

PsiCorps
10-12-03, 23:07
I have chars who dont get attacked by guards with red numbers, and i chave a char where hostile guards dont attack me with green symp, its just another one of NC's lame buggy lamepoop

LVirus
11-12-03, 09:29
Originally posted by Nish
You clanned on the chars you've tested? In my experience you are protected if you're in a clan regardless of symp, but when unclanned it's just what colour the numbers are afaik. Sort of makes sense when you think about it.

Nope, clanned people gets short stick too.

Matthew.v.smith
11-12-03, 10:58
Thats weired.
Half of my symps are -99 and i never get warned/shot at
but when i was clanless they did throw a few insults @ me :p

Matty.:angel:

Stigmata
11-12-03, 11:02
its down to being clanned or not.

At the time of testing i was unclanned, hence getting shot

Now im clanned they say and do fuck all

VetteroX
11-12-03, 11:37
maybe the guards just dont like you. Im BD and Id shoot you if I saw you.

btw im -80 to - 100 to all but bd, no allies or neutrals shoot me, they mouth off but never fire.

DigestiveBiscui
11-12-03, 13:04
if you have the money stig, i would leave bio and join again, see if that works. They shouldnt attack you no matter what symp you have

i have -100 with crahn and fa, but they dont shoot me, because im neutral to there faction

Lanigav
11-12-03, 14:31
It seems to be some sort of weird bug. My PPU left her clan about a month ago, without changing factions or sympathy, and all of a sudden all the faction guards in Neocron became KOS to me.

ezza
11-12-03, 14:35
i guess its the clanless thing then as i was between clans when it happened

Lanigav
11-12-03, 14:43
Well, I joined a new clan about 3 minutes after I left my old one, and it was still happening. Doesn't seem to be any way to stop it. :\

dmon99
11-12-03, 15:56
ok i have to ask this if you get + symp in an enemy faction can the guards hold off for a bit like 1 minute with this deathzone thing its gonna be hard to switch factions for alot of folks if they gotta go in enemy hq and stand there and talk with uber guards around waiting to pummel your candy ass

ezza
11-12-03, 16:00
Originally posted by dmon99
ok i have to ask this if you get + symp in an enemy faction can the guards hold off for a bit like 1 minute with this deathzone thing its gonna be hard to switch factions for alot of folks if they gotta go in enemy hq and stand there and talk with uber guards around waiting to pummel your candy ass

well im sure some changes will be made, but im thinking perhaps its a way of keeping us loyal to our faction and not swapping over to flavour of the month etc, so if its hard to change people wont unless they really want to go to that faction