PDA

View Full Version : Warning! Faction guard changes in Neocron

Thanatos
10-12-03, 17:51
The next retail patch (scheduled for tomorrow thursday if everything goes well) will bring quite a few changes to the city of Neocron.
First of all, faction guards will be much stronger. They can kill enemy players pretty quickly now. Any area with multiple enemy faction guards should be considered a death zone.
Which brings me to the next important change, several sectors in Neocron have more faction guards and less CopBots.

Plaza 1: As reported in the Neocronicle, the CityAdmin has reinforced its presence in Plaza 1 by posting a lot more faction guards. Some CopBots have been relieved of their duties and CA guards took their place (notably next to the Genrep!). So Plaza 1 should be considered a death zone by runners of the factions Twilight Guardian, Tsunami Syndicate, Black Dragon and Crahn.
Note: this only affects Plaza sector 1, other Plaza sectors still have the same amount of guards.
Pepper Park 1: All CopBots were removed and many of them were replaced by Tsunami guards. The Genrep is also guarded by a Tsunami representative! PP1 will be a death zone for runners of the factions CityAdmin, ProtoPharm, Black Dragon and Crahn.
Pepper Park 2: All CopBots were removed and many of them were replaced by Black Dragon guards. This zone is dangerous to runners of the factions CityAdmin, Diamond, Tsunami, CityMercs, Fallen Angels and Twilight Guardian.
Pepper Park 3: All CopBots were removed. There is one single Black Dragon guarding the Genrep, no further faction guards were added.

These changes make some zones unreachable/impassable for certain factions. Others will have take alternative routes (subways, secret passages) to get to sectors they previously could just genrep or walk to.
Additional vendors have been placed in the Black Dragon, Crahn and Tsunami faction Headquarters, as well as in Tech Haven to compensate for the loss of Plaza 1. The Twilight Guardian will get a faction office with vendors in a later patch.

CopBots do not shoot at faction enemies, they only consider Soullight and drawn weapons.

Also note that the security in Tech Haven has been increased notably. Fallen Angels should be able to feel a lot safer.

[TgR]KILLER
10-12-03, 18:02
w00t new security in TH.. i hope TH 2 or 3 has updated security to.. because with half of the big clans being pushed out of plaza 1 ( FF / dark with all their numbers ) i gonna lose loads of customers in plaza.. so i'm thinking off going to TH only and let ppl come to me.. but then again.. crahn and TH doesn't mix eighter.. hmm could just get known and let ppl dm me and go to them.. for a price ;)

hmm.. plaza 4 anybody ? Still as FA i can still go to almost anywere exept PP2/3 then.. ow and Via 2 won't be good with TT there..

ezza
10-12-03, 18:03
do they shoot on sight or the usual spam the chat first?

although since ive not seen whats its going to be like im just guessing, but isnt this gonna kill of a lot of fighting in PP, if the gaurds are super powered and are KOS people

J. Folsom
10-12-03, 18:04
Yay! I love that. I'll have to keep my alarm clock on to make sure that I've got all my characters out of Plaza 1 though, otherwise it'll be rather painful for some of my characters.

Originally posted by ezza
do they shoot on sight or the usual spam the chat first? Currently on test they shoot on sight, I'd guess that's gonna be the case on retail as well.

PP3's probably the best new place when it comes to PP fighting, as it's only got one BD guard.

Duder
10-12-03, 18:05
:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Now i need change to Black Dragon and hang out in the pepper pub!!!

Stigmata
good ? bad ?

il have to see before i decide on the outcome.

ezza
Originally posted by J. Folsom
Yay! I love that. I'll have to keep my alarm clock on to make sure that I've got all my characters out of Plaza 1 though, otherwise it'll be rather painful for some of my characters.

lol good point, better get my tank into PP2 before the patch hits

ahh thanks J.Folsom

ZoneVortex
Yeeea finally new security in TH

Candaman
10-12-03, 18:07
Raaaa this sounds good can't wait for tomorrow so much story line coming through i ain't seen this much movement from the last 2 months in the year and a bit that i've been playing

ezza
10-12-03, 18:08
i dunno what damage they do but is there a real need to have massive damage guards, if they open fire streight away, if think the guards should at least be fightable. of course not been able to go on test server to see what its like so im just taking guesses here:D

how about removing plazas safe zones now;)

Nexxy
10-12-03, 18:14
Originally posted by Duder

Me too....

Judge
10-12-03, 18:15
Eeep... gotta move Drikie's stuff out of her plaza 4 appartment.

ezza
10-12-03, 18:16
Originally posted by Judge
Eeep... gotta move Drikie's stuff out of her plaza 4 appartment.

:eek: ahh damn it forgot about that, looks like im gonna be busy tonight, pfhh wont have much time to fit in some killing:D

Ivory
10-12-03, 18:19
heh... make plaza 1 an anarchy zone. that way tg ppl have a way of "rping" by raiding the joint. Will be intersting times though. Overall I like this new patch but advance notice of maybe a week would have been nice if there are old players comin back.... boy they would be in for a surpise.

L0KI
10-12-03, 18:20
Originally posted by Thanatos
The next retail patch (scheduled for tomorrow thursday if everything goes well) will bring quite a few changes to the city of Neocron.
First of all, faction guards will be much stronger. They can kill enemy players pretty quickly now. Any area with multiple enemy faction guards should be considered a death zone.
Which brings me to the next important change, several sectors in Neocron have more faction guards and less CopBots.

Plaza 1: As reported in the Neocronicle, the CityAdmin has reinforced its presence in Plaza 1 by posting a lot more faction guards. Some CopBots have been relieved of their duties and CA guards took their place (notably next to the Genrep!). So Plaza 1 should be considered a death zone by runners of the factions Twilight Guardian, Tsunami Syndicate, Black Dragon and Crahn. Note: this only affects Plaza sector 1, other Plaza sectors still have the same amount of guards.
Pepper Park 1: All CopBots were removed and many of them were replaced by Tsunami guards. The Genrep is also guarded by a Tsunami representative! PP1 will be a death zone for runners of the factions CityAdmin, ProtoPharm, Black Dragon and Crahn.
Pepper Park 2: All CopBots were removed and many of them were replaced by Black Dragon guards. This zone is dangerous to runners of the factions CityAdmin, Diamond, Tsunami, CityMercs, Fallen Angels and Twilight Guardian.
Pepper Park 3: All CopBots were removed. There is one single Black Dragon guarding the Genrep, no further faction guards were added.

These changes make some zones unreachable/impassable for certain factions. Others will have take alternative routes (subways, secret passages) to get to sectors they previously could just genrep or walk to.
Additional vendors have been placed in the Black Dragon, Crahn and Tsunami faction Headquarters, as well as in Tech Haven to compensate for the loss of Plaza 1. The Twilight Guardian will get a faction office with vendors in a later patch.

CopBots do not shoot at faction enemies, they only consider Soullight and drawn weapons.

Also note that the security in Tech Haven has been increased notably. Fallen Angels should be able to feel a lot safer.

This will be SO MUCH better than it seems.

This is goin to give people REASON to hang out in different places, and will CERTAINLY liven things up a LOT.

Great patch guys.

Oath
10-12-03, 18:26
We'll see, i gotta wonder whats gonna happen if you take plaza 1 away from the anticity, where are we gonna trade in safety?

Or is this simply a cue for me to pk the shit outa people?

:D

regardless i like the changes.

ezza
10-12-03, 18:27
PP sub station is teh place to be for traders i recon

Lexxuk
10-12-03, 18:30
the CA guards on TS are 120/120 (using EPR's), the tsunami use pierce weaponry and laser weaponry. Should be fun to see the results.

Jest
10-12-03, 18:33
Ah man Pepper Pub is my favorite place to go in the city, oh well, I think its a pretty decent patch idea. Although now that I think about it I also have 5 apartments in Pepper Park 2. :eek:

Duder
10-12-03, 18:34
I think there should be at least 2 BD guards at the GR in pepper park 3...as that lonely poor guard is going to be shot at regular intervals by uber 1337 players with ppus ressing their ass......wait ress is being nerfed, sucks for them hahahah!!!

MayhemMike
10-12-03, 18:38
Ok, I'm moving my hacker on saturn to a pro city faction so i can sit around and hack all the belts from when the CA guards gank the TG nibs.

Mishakal
10-12-03, 18:39
Is it stil true that u can only buy PP apps from BD HQ?

It would be nice to be able to buy them from TS as well, and I got a couple of apps in PP2 and as I'm TS these are gonna be pretty offlimits to me so a way of choosing the sector where the apps are (or TS only sell apps in PP1 and 3 and BD in 2 and 3)

ezza
10-12-03, 18:40
Originally posted by Mishakal
Is it stil true that u can only buy PP apps from BD HQ?

It would be nice to be able to buy them from TS as well, and I got a couple of apps in PP2 and as I'm TS these are gonna be pretty offlimits to me so a way of choosing the sector where the apps are (or TS only sell apps in PP1 and 3 and BD in 2 and 3)

BD sell em cos although not to the same scale as DRE, BD also are involved in the real estate business

MayhemMike
10-12-03, 18:40
crack houses =p

Duder
10-12-03, 18:42
You got to trade with the BD to get yourself a nice crackhouse.....nice shirt you got there, Mishakal.....

Myrlin
10-12-03, 18:47
I like this change but I'm concerned that with Pluto's limited population that it will spread everyone out too much. Its hard enough to find a poker in P1 as it is now.

L0KI
10-12-03, 18:47
Votage:

http://neocron.jafc.de/showthread.php?s=&threadid=84370

Melkior
10-12-03, 18:48
my clan app is in pp3, we're tsunami....could cause probs =-P

J. Folsom
10-12-03, 18:49
Originally posted by Melkior
my clan app is in pp3, we're tsunami....could cause probs =-P Just GR to the Industrial area instead of PP3 and it should be okay. There's a GR in Industrial Area 2, which is about a minute's walk (Not counting zoning time) from PP3.

Edit: I feel more sorry for the TS guys who have clan apps in PP2, maybe the GMs should temporarily (Say, for one week after the patch), accept clan appartment movement requests?

MayhemMike
10-12-03, 18:50
J, counting zoning time about 5-10 min?

ezza
10-12-03, 18:50
Originally posted by Melkior
my clan app is in pp3, we're tsunami....could cause probs =-P

PP 3 is the area not guarded by lots of people only 1 BD, if it was in PP2 then you would be in trouble:p

J. Folsom
10-12-03, 18:51
Originally posted by MayhemMike
J, counting zoning time about 5-10 min? Probably, depends on your connection.

RuriHoshino
Originally posted by Myrlin
I like this change but I'm concerned that with Pluto's limited population that it will spread everyone out too much. Its hard enough to find a poker in P1 as it is now.

I think people will start using the Skill and Trade channels in Custom a lot more with this patch, so they can find a tradeskiller.

Selendor
I don't know whether it will need tweaking later, we shall see, but as far as I'm concerned (on Saturn at least) it will be fun finding out.

Its great that the storyline change is finally coming through to the game. We'll have to see, but I think this represents one of the biggest changes in the structure of the game.

Change is good, can't wait.:)

Belt hackers are going to have a field day.

Dribble Joy
10-12-03, 18:53
Might be able to keep those annoying TG pests out of my home now.
Fear our Gatlin cannons!

MayhemMike
10-12-03, 18:54
I bought a Peper lvl 3 apt, with a barter with 175 barter it cost 118k

Zanathos
10-12-03, 18:56
The new faction guard strength is a little weaker than copbots.

Taking on faction guards or copbots is now mandatory to have like... 2 ppus at the least.

there pretty damn strong.

GT_Rince
10-12-03, 18:57
Yeah!!!! :D

Not before time as well - let's get some separation between the factions :)

Duder
10-12-03, 18:58
Hmm think its time to start buying apts in pepper park 2....

Jest
10-12-03, 19:00
Hmm think its time to start buying apts in pepper park 2.... Id sell you mine but Im keeping em in case I ever go back to BD. :p

Spoon
10-12-03, 19:03
heh......

I emptied out my Plaza apartments last Sunday......

On a side note....

I noticed when I bought a couple more apartments from the BD vender, I clicked the buy button twice in a row, and both apartments are in the same lift door....
Does that always happen?

Nexxy
10-12-03, 19:05
Originally posted by Jest
Id sell you mine but Im keeping em in case I ever go back to BD. :p

Start a BD clan jest, you know you wanna! Move away from those carebear FA :p

And mike everyone knows the small PP apt is the best....unless they fixed it.

RayBob
10-12-03, 19:05
Great changes, but maybe they should have waited until BDoY was released and there was a much larger (hopefully) server population. The current lack of tradeskillers/customers is about to get much much worse.:rolleyes:

SnowCrash
10-12-03, 19:06
There a lot of hidden suprises inside this next patch. Those faction guard changes are only a addition to give this new "yet hidden" stuff more sense. But I cannot tell you yet what exactly will hit the servers with the next patch. It wouldn´t be a surprise anymore. :D
I am sure that those who still have critiques about this faction guard changes will see that we took care to give you other trading/shopping/meeting alternatives with this new patch.

Of course we will adjust all this during the next months to improve it. But this depends on your reports and you engagement in making things better ;) So there maybe still some small bugs and flaws.

Additional information about the changes:

- PP3 is meant as mixed zone for BD, TS and Crahn. I have removed some guards and all copbots to give you as much freedom in this zone as possible. Of course the faction related buildings in PP3 are still guarded at their entrances (pussy club, crahn church, etc.)
- I will recheck all apartment entrances in PP2 and 3 to remove any guards blocking those areas.

If you encounter any problems with Epic Missions because of too heavy guards, please report this asap so we can take a look at this and modify it.

ezza
10-12-03, 19:08
Originally posted by SnowCrash
There a lot of hidden suprises inside this next patch. Those faction guard changes are only a addition to give this new "yet hidden" stuff more sense. But I cannot tell you yet what exactly will hit the servers with the next pacht. It wouldn´t be a surprise. :D
I am sure that those who still have critiques about this faction guard changes will see that we took care to give you other trading/shopping/meeting alternatives with this new patch.

Of course we will adjust all this during the next months to improve it. But this depends on your reports and you engagement in making things better ;)

are the suprises the usual hiddens stuff that doesnt get mentioned in the patch notes or are these extra suprises:D

Spoon
10-12-03, 19:09
Originally posted by Nexxy

And mike everyone knows the small PP apt is the best....unless they fixed it.

You still get the good ones(7 cabinets), I got them for 106k, 0 Barter.....

Zanathos
10-12-03, 19:09
I sincerly hope the next patch will be massive then, including alot of the stuff that was being tested on the test server but never came into retail.... yet.

*cough* PATROLLING COPBOTS! *cough*

ezza
10-12-03, 19:11
i guess if the guards all get beefed up my solo raids on the MB with my tank are over:(

icarium
10-12-03, 19:14
personally i think this is a stupid idea. it would be good if server populations were high and all factions had a decent number of runners. as it is everyone will just clump into pro city clans so they can get poked and have their stuff built and repaired.

Spectra260
10-12-03, 19:14
i think that soon they need to make a few mor passage ways and secret passage ways around the plaza sectors....where there are no gaurds so enemys to the city will be able to sneak around...

Jest
10-12-03, 19:15
Originally posted by Nexxy
Start a BD clan jest, you know you wanna! Move away from those carebear FA :p I've thought about it actually. Its awesome being BD but I like FA so much its hard to even think about the move. If the people in my clan decided to go BD I probably would move us over actually. The BD faction calls to the Las Vegan in me. But for now its not my decision to make, ;)

SnowCrash
10-12-03, 19:17
Some will posted in the patch notes, some will be introduced via Events.

Spectra260
10-12-03, 19:17
oh, and thanks for atleast warning us about this...

woulda been really shitty if you didn and everyone just started dieing

SnowCrash
10-12-03, 19:20
Originally posted by Spectra260
i think that soon they need to make a few mor passage ways and secret passage ways around the plaza sectors....where there are no gaurds so enemys to the city will be able to sneak around...

That is indeed planned. But I cannot tell you any details yet. ;)

Selendor
Originally posted by Spectra260
oh, and thanks for atleast warning us about this...

woulda been really shitty if you didn even everyone just started dieing

Not everyone reads these forums every day, so I would warn all your neocron buddies if I were you. (don't warn your enemies of course ;p)

I'm all excited, I know it might break some things and we may all sync out or something, but its worth it for progress. I predict a slew of sensationalist threads in the next week.

Forum Mods - you're gonna be busy.:p

J. Folsom
Some will posted in the patch notes, some will be introduced via Events. Not sure if that's possible, but you might want to ask CoDi if he can make it so those additions (Presuming they're included in the patch in the form of scripts or zones/zone changes) get deleted from PatchLog.txt while patching, otherwise there'll be at least one muppet posting it all over the forums.

Nexxy
10-12-03, 19:21
Originally posted by Jest
I've thought about it actually. Its awesome being BD but I like FA so much its hard to even think about the move. If the people in my clan decided to go BD I probably would move us over actually. The BD faction calls to the Las Vegan in me. But for now its not my decision to make, ;)

Screw them :p

Phlith
10-12-03, 19:23
::droooool::

I think I'm just going to leave my spy in plaza just to see the changes first hand... :D

Maester Seymour
10-12-03, 19:34
This sounds like its gonna be a great patch. I cannae wait till tomorrow!!! :D :D :D

Nice1

10-12-03, 19:35
Think it's good for RPers but crap for PKers.

SnowCrash
10-12-03, 19:37
One goodie can be seen on the test server already.
Just check out the Test Server and have a nice meal or drink in Yagers Inn. ;) (though not all chairs there are working properly yet :rolleyes: )

Zanathos
10-12-03, 19:41
does that mean you dont get drunk or something?

Cubico
10-12-03, 19:48
Hi,

what happens to runners which are enemy to NEXT? Can they still use the subway without being attacked?

Hippieman
10-12-03, 20:12
You walk! Walk I say!

Jest
10-12-03, 20:13
Originally posted by Cubico
Hi,

what happens to runners which are enemy to NEXT? Can they still use the subway without being attacked? You'll be fine. There aren't even any guards down there.

Zanathos
10-12-03, 20:14
The NEXT technicians fool :p

But i doubt they will attack you.... will they?

Tratos
10-12-03, 20:15
Sex @ KK,

cough, lol and its gonna be ace, thank god i've moved out of inner city :D

and there is gaurds in the subway, well those info guys, they could have guns lol, but you wont get shot at down there

~T

lullysing
10-12-03, 20:28
I can already envision problem for the cityadmin epic missions..

The "Talk to the prostitute" mission in sector 2 of pepper park. Black lily will have to be moved to a different spot ( subway, amazing maze entrance, etc )

The "talk to the hacker so he tells you where the crazy copbot is" mission. will that area be accessible?

Dribble Joy
10-12-03, 20:32
The CM epic will be problematic too.
Getting to the bump assylum, and talking to lilly, right next to BD HQ.

lullysing
10-12-03, 20:41
GEtting to the bump asylum will be easy... just go thru the....mmm.... anarch zone is now under BD control...mmm...

How about going to bump asylum by going this way

wasteland--> crahn church entrance-->oz3-->industrial-->pp3( no guards)

RuriHoshino
10-12-03, 20:47
One goodie can be seen on the test server already.
Just check out the Test Server and have a nice meal or drink in Yagers Inn. ;) (though not all chairs there are working properly yet :rolleyes: )

"Yager's Inn - Food and Drink for the Discerning Twilight Guardian"

Jest
10-12-03, 20:49
Theres also the dillema of switching factions. If the faction guards are scattered around the HR people then it might be a bit difficult.

Any chance you can put the faction switch people outside the faction HQs? For example the TG HR person is in a pretty decent spot, but some of the others are in death traps.

Dribble Joy
10-12-03, 20:50
I dont suppose that they could change the horrible grotty little bar in MB into a proper mess hall? Extend it a bit more, and put in some more tables, and a food counter with a grubby chef behind it :D

Some revival beds in the medicare would be good too.

Sefran
10-12-03, 21:06
Change will be cool , so u have actually have to use the entire city to come around , but like bio or tt epic to kill the director in the HQ oh boy ^^, that will be fun.

Morpheous
10-12-03, 21:09
Nice patch guys.... *logs onto Test server*

Any chance of a FA Bar? TH4? :) or is that BDoY stuff?

Spoon
10-12-03, 21:13
Originally posted by Dribble Joy
The CM epic will be problematic too.
Getting to the bump assylum, and talking to lilly, right next to BD HQ.

And also the last missions of the TT and BT Epics(kill the directers).....
Those will be fun....

:lol:

Opar
10-12-03, 21:16
ONOZ!!!! No more p1 LoMing =P

MjukisDjur
10-12-03, 21:17
Well, this is fucking great. My primary app is in P2 and I cannot activate my old primary app because "faction is hostile". Im crahn and my original faction is tangent. Advise pls

(and I only got >100k atm)

Jest
10-12-03, 21:17
Save your money and buy a Pepper Park one :P

lullysing
10-12-03, 21:24
i can hear the ranting of people bitching about that fact that an OUTZONE storage app was useless.

Yeah bollocks. i am soo happy my HQ got moved to the 'zone when i had the brilliance of thinking about it.

Heavyporker
10-12-03, 21:39
heh, yeah, I'm so happy I got apts all around...

and lullysing... about your Mr. Rob Dowell... ever read 1984 by George Orwell? Hmm? This Mr. Rob Dowell may not be all he's cracked up to be.

Shadow Dancer
10-12-03, 22:06
THIS IS AWESOME, YOU GUYS FUCKING ROCK!!!

YEA BABY!

DRACK BLAGON FOR LIFE!

*ph33r*
10-12-03, 22:08
Originally posted by Shadow Dancer

YEA BABY!

DRACK BLAGON FOR LIFE!

I agree.

lullysing
10-12-03, 22:25
I get the Emmanuel Goldstein reference mate, i get.

But the barriers are only in your mind. Free yourself from government supplied drugs and controlling influences. Be all that you can be. Resist the megacorps until you can't breathe anymore.

ezza
10-12-03, 22:29
Originally posted by Shadow Dancer

YEA BABY!

DRACK BLAGON FOR LIFE!

yeah what he said, Black dragon is for life not just for christmas;)

Zu (Pluto)
10-12-03, 22:32
@Jest:

I got a feeling to change to a hostile faction you are going to need to do the neutral faction shuffle (i.e. change to a faction neutral to yours and the one you want to move to first). Actually, it's doesn't sound too bad really, but it'll sure annoy people who faction hop around a lot from one side to the other.

Zu

El_MUERkO
10-12-03, 22:33
Good patch KK :)

Rieper
10-12-03, 22:58
WTF!?! when i bought my plaza 3 no one told me this shit! i want my 400k back! I got lots of shit to move as well.. ffs...

Duder
10-12-03, 23:01
Originally posted by Rieper
WTF!?! when i bought my plaza 3 no one told me this shit! i want my 400k back! I got lots of shit to move as well.. ffs...

Eh this has been known for some time that Copbots would shoot anti-city soon enough, but now its just faction guards everywhere, which is just as fine...

Ive already moved all my stuff from via rosso to some pp apts...those small apts that give 7 cabinets for 100k are sweet....

numb
10-12-03, 23:44
I am a bit worried about the way my low level tsunami on pluto has his apartment located right outside of BD HQ. Probably the only way I will be able to get to it is via the genrep, which will obviously cost me more time and credits (something I dont have very much of, being quite new to pluto).

From here on, as Tsunami, will all the starter apartments now be set to PP1 or maybe PP3 aswell? IE for the new people entering the game, as I can imagine it wont be much fun leaving MC5 and spending your first 2 seconds in neocron city being shot down by a black dragon guard because you were unlucky enough to end up in a PP2 apartment. Not much fun for new or old players a like.

Those problems aside, i really like the change, dont get me wrong :)

Progenitor
10-12-03, 23:44
Thank god my main is still factionless and can go where ever.

Hopefully noone will log in Plaza one and get any surprizes.

-p

Flea
10-12-03, 23:56
Should have been like this since the beginning of retail. ^^

And remember: even if you don't have a faction if your sympathy is low enough for a faction they WILL shoot you :)

Marx
11-12-03, 00:10
Can someone please replace the YO's dude in PP subway with someone who actually sells stuff instead of buying everything?

If you tossed in a dude who sells parts and lube, viola - Anti-city HQ.

Heavyporker
11-12-03, 00:17
absolutely not, marx.

if you want sort of thing, use teh Outzone Mall and the Outzone Station.

Jeez, MAKE people spread out to the lessused places, and also I don't want to see anti-city piling up in my subways, dammit.

Psychoninja
11-12-03, 00:22
I'm liking the news =)
I'll make sure to log off somewhere safe tonight. I just hope the guards aren't too overpowered, that they'll keep people from fighting in PP but :(

But we'll see ;)

LVirus
11-12-03, 00:24
Originally posted by Flea
Should have been like this since the beginning of retail. ^^

And remember: even if you don't have a faction if your sympathy is low enough for a faction they WILL shoot you :)

Oh boy, will I have some fun with my chars now. And I tought I would be "safe" because I am TT :rolleyes:

Rieper
11-12-03, 00:39
Eh this has been known for some time that Copbots would shoot anti-city soon enough, but now its just faction guards everywhere, which is just as fine...

Ive already moved all my stuff from via rosso to some pp apts...those small apts that give 7 cabinets for 100k are sweet....

i bought my plaza 3 apt in feb. you telling me then that i was warned that i would evenbtually have to move all my shit because i would be kos in the city?

Zanathos
11-12-03, 00:47
Oh? and you havent got that money back over the course of 9 months or so?

Is it really that hard to just move all your stuff? We were warned about this a long time ago.

Neocron is growing and changing, live with the changes or stop playing.

I personally have liked every new patch I have seen enter Neocron since I started playing. This will most likely be no different.

GOOD WORK KK!

icarium
11-12-03, 01:02
this is also gonna put new players off even more than MC5

"thank god i have got out of that shit place, lets go have a look around the city, BANG BANG oh i am dead for no reason i can see, thats very annoying. respawn, lets go look somewhere else BANG BANG dead. oh dear lets cancel my subscription, what a shit game"

Zanathos
11-12-03, 01:08
Indeed, a new manual should be released for the game.

unfortunate part, not every gamer reads the manual before they play :p

Im one of em.

Tratos
11-12-03, 01:12
they could just stick a nice big pic on the back of the NC:BDOY box saying, your safe with your faction but alone in with the enemy is disasterous! or somthing to that effect :D

~T

Wannabe
11-12-03, 01:20
Ahh.. this change will shut up some whiners... for some time.
Because now people will start to whine when I'll move Fateless to Papilla Twist only :P

// Wannabe

VictorKruger
11-12-03, 01:46

I should probably check on my character too to find out where he is, and get him out of plaza one if he's there.

Wharg0ul
11-12-03, 01:58
huh....I'm not too sure about this. Mainly, it's gonna put a massive crimp on trade. Not to mention that I'm Crahn....

Oh well...at least I've only been here for a month, and havn't just had the rug pulled out from under me.

Going to take ppl a while to adapt, I guess, and find new centers of commerce.

ezza
11-12-03, 02:45
logged off for the night and have left my bd tank parked out side his HQ ready for action and excitement tomorrow after patch hits:)

Dribble Joy
11-12-03, 03:04
Oh shit, I left DJ in NF......

Ah well, tomo will be fun :D

Spoon
11-12-03, 03:13
Originally posted by Marx
Can someone please replace the YO's dude in PP subway with someone who actually sells stuff instead of buying everything?

If you tossed in a dude who sells parts and lube, viola - Anti-city HQ.

Carinth brought this up in the Test Patch 220 Discussion Thread (http://neocron.jafc.de/showthread.php?s=&postid=1098398#post1098398), and Snowcrash quickly commented on some of the things that are going to be done.

I'd like to see some new venders in the PP Subway......

Jest
11-12-03, 03:32
Originally posted by Spoon
Carinth brought this up in the Test Patch 220 Discussion Thread (http://neocron.jafc.de/showthread.php?s=&postid=1098398#post1098398), and Snowcrash quickly commented on some of the things that are going to be done.

I'd like to see some new venders in the PP Subway...... Yah I love that area in Pepper Park subway where the tunnel leads into the Yos and Snack Attack. I even wrote it into my story (http://neocron.jafc.de/showthread.php?s=&threadid=81060&perpage=15&pagenumber=1). :eek:

BlackDove
11-12-03, 03:39
Finally, we only waited for this a year or so.

kbmg
11-12-03, 03:57
what bout via rosa zones will via 2 be unsafe for biotech?
due to tangent. or vice versa or if via rossa wont be included.
sisnt it was not mentioned in the listing

Psychoninja
11-12-03, 04:24
I just want to see more people fighting in PP rather than The guards doing all the fighting.

SnowCrash
11-12-03, 08:46
Originally posted by Rieper
i bought my plaza 3 apt in feb. you telling me then that i was warned that i would evenbtually have to move all my shit because i would be kos in the city?

And again. Only Plaza Sector-1 was reinforced with CA Guards. All other City Sectors only have Copbot location changes (no, copbots only react on minus SL and drawn weapons) and you should be still able to reach your Plaza Sector-3 Apartment as you were before. And yes, TH was also reinforced with more bots and turrets (just in case, sombody asks this again).
Additionally not all Guards will shoot on sight. There will be still guards which will warn you several times before shooting.

People, please read our anouncements more carefully or check it out on the Testserver, then take part at the discussion. Thanks.

Shadow Dancer
11-12-03, 08:50
THIS IS SO EXCITING!

LVirus
11-12-03, 09:02
SnowCrash, now with this change and guards KOSsing allied people who have RED symph for faction, how about giving a change to raise RED sl without killing enemy factions of that faction (http://neocron2.jafc.de/showthread.php?s=&threadid=84442)

Tratos
11-12-03, 10:18
well todays the big day,

/me checks anti city chars are safly in there apps.

ahh gud they are, well im off to school, see you NOT in Plaza 1:eek:

~T

FirestarXL
11-12-03, 10:37
Oh, one thing - since plaza 4 seems to be the new all-faction spot, please please please remove the looping music sound from the chez cypher in plaza 4. It's nice atmos, but for about 30 seconds maybe - after that it's just so annoying and also drowns out any music you might have playing on winamp etc.

garyu69
11-12-03, 10:40
Does this mean i can pull out my weapon in Plaza 1 now and blast away any evil scum i don't like? ;)

Matthew.v.smith
11-12-03, 10:46
This is just what we have been waiting for :)

TH security!!!
And No MORE COPS @ PP

Just hope it all goes to plan.

Matty.:angel:

Nippa
11-12-03, 11:47
Th raids are gonna be fun now . Cant wait till tonight :P . Well done :D

jernau
11-12-03, 11:56
Seeing as it seems to have been overlooked AGAIN - How will non-forum-regulars know about this?

A lot of players either never come here or do so rarely. <48 hours notice on the forums is really not enough. There should have been announcements on all servers every 30 mins or an in-game email to all runners about this. Possibly even an RL email as I'm sure there will be a lot of people who didn't log in during the notice period.

I'll pass on any belts I find in P1 but I bet most people won't.

Aside from that - nice job KK. This is a very positive change.

Scikar
11-12-03, 13:37
I've been a bit stupid, last night I logged on my tank, who was at Cycrow. I logged out in Plaza 1, next to Medicare. :p

At least I'll get some con XP. :)

GT_Rince
11-12-03, 15:37
I left my PPU on Pluto stood on a roof so I can see what happens - from a safe distance, of course :D

Really looking forward to this and more similar patches. Gives the game a bit more feel to it. :)

Dribble Joy
11-12-03, 15:45
Originally posted by jernau
Seeing as it seems to have been overlooked AGAIN - How will non-forum-regulars know about this?

I have posted in the Uranus forums is several areas, and mentioned it several times in trade, and I hope word of mouth has spread the news. Dunno about the other servers.

But yeah, some other means than just the forum peeps telling people is needed.

FeeNiX
11-12-03, 15:48
So they ARENT really gonna tell us when the patch comes, its just the old free fall bomb from the heavens....atleast they dont tell us stuff up front so we cant say we were lied to (remember the 2 patch lom snafu)

Quede
11-12-03, 15:52
My only concern is changing factions requires seeing the
employee inside the faction HQ, and if they happen to be
hostile ATM it may be quite difficult to change.

Requiring a PPU to get in and change is a bit steep.

Perhaps all HQ's could have a new atrium with the
employee in it. Just because someone is hostile on the
faction listing does not mean it will always come to firing
weapons.

Certainly Biotech and Protopharma, even though hostile
don't go running through Neocron city blazing away at
each other.

Dribble Joy
11-12-03, 15:52
There is usually a patch warning just before the servers go down.
Those who miss it and dl the patch without stoppong to read the patch notes quite frankly deserve to be gunned down in PP. :D

The Ottoman
11-12-03, 15:53
At this very moment they are patching. :)