PDA

View Full Version : Soullight => The suckage

Vampire222
10-12-03, 00:58
A short example:
My clan is at war with another clan from an allied faction, yes i know, bad and all, anyway, i killed 2 of em (1 twice actually) in a Anarchy zone, the fun part was, i resulted in (from 22 positive) 18 negative soullight.

I and my clan, and i reckon lots of people from the other clan, and from clans that have the same trouble, would like to see this changed

Here is my solution:
Make Clans That are at WAR (put the war thing on terms to good use) NEVER lose soullight, for killing eachother! Will Also make clans Think about declaring war to other clans a bit more.. will only be in effect if both clans agree on the war

shodanjr_gr
10-12-03, 01:01
Looks ok to me, but the other clan should accept the war "proposal" before they can be killed without loosing sl.

Vampire222
10-12-03, 01:02
Originally posted by shodanjr_gr
Looks ok to me, but the other clan should accept the war "proposal" before they can be killed without loosing sl.

added to my main idea... offcourse they should, or clans would abuse it

Ferabukoo
10-12-03, 06:21
well duh... why else would we have a clan war thingy..

oh yeah just so when you click on it it crashes you.

derrrr kk please make this..

ive put up a suggestion like this about 4 months ago

bounty
10-12-03, 06:47
The fact that you have to leave your game on overnight is so dumb. You should be able to kill players that follow you around and sex you regardless of faction and have it not count for a SL hit.

LVirus
10-12-03, 08:43
Well, how about doing missions? They are fun, plus you earn some pocket cash while doing em! Oh and Vamp darling, you too killing FF? :p

Breschau
10-12-03, 09:31
Originally posted by LVirus
Well, how about doing missions? They are fun
Unless there's been some new mission system added that I don't know about, they kinda lose their fun after mission #673. Interesting for newbies, but just a means to an end for most other players.

LVirus
10-12-03, 09:45
They are good fun .. quickjobs where you have to kill monsters :D

I agree that other missions are useless because their low reward compared to job you have to do. Extermination mission or Network power failure missions where you have to kill like 20 monsters gives same or 10% more reward than quickmission which takes only short time to do.

jernau
10-12-03, 13:51
Clan wars = good.

Better though IMO - make personal symapthies more important than fixed faction-relations. eg - if I have >50 TG sympathy I am not red to TG any more and if I am <0 then I am red even to my own faction. This would solve a lot of other problems too.

Vampire222
10-12-03, 15:42
Well, how about doing missions? They are fun, plus you earn some pocket cash while doing em! Oh and Vamp darling, you too killing FF? :p

trying to... theres too damn much of em

[TgR]KILLER
10-12-03, 16:19
Think that always was the intention with the clanwars thing.. or anyway for as much as i could understand it hehe.. but yea change it.. so we can kill ppl who we are @ war with in whatever faction..

Candaman
10-12-03, 17:32
theres been lots of posts saying the same thing i seem to remember kk replying to one i think but can't remember what was the final verdict but its is a great idea and i think what was intended or set to be implemented at some time

Vampire222
10-12-03, 17:39
also itd treat the ops gr's and security as if the clan on war was an enemy faction... so no more problems with that too

Breschau
10-12-03, 20:44
They are good fun .. quickjobs where you have to kill monsters :D

See, those are the ones I've gotten completely bored of. Partly because, before team xp, I levelled a PE's psi to 28 purely off aggie missions. Do you know how many runs between terminal and cellar that involved? Cos I sure lost count ;)

And the reason I didn't vary the quickjob target is part of my other dislike for them - some are more profitable/efficient than others, which is fair enough. But the difference between the profit and efficiency is so huge that half of them just aren't worth looking at (eg, all those go kill 5 hoverbombers or 5 raptors ones).

I could go do the other ones for variation, but I can do that without taking the mission. Might as well since the reward from a single mission, for the reason I'm taking one, is neglible. So as I say, they're just a means to an end at this point.

I kinda like them with new characters, to give a little direction in where I go kill. But the second point rears its ugly head again because certain ones are a nightmare to find enough of the mob type in time compared with kill 5 small spiders.

But this is way off topic :)

So.

I voted yes :p

I also like the idea of personal sympathies counting for more. Who you are currently employed by could influence how much symp you need to gain/lose to change status with a given faction.

g0rt
10-12-03, 20:46
The soullight system is unbelievably horrable right now.

It must be changed. What you said here is great, anything is good....anything to stop the rampant sl loss that I get for fighting ENEMIES right now.

jernau
10-12-03, 20:51
Originally posted by Breschau
, I levelled a PE's psi to 28 purely off aggie missions. Do you know how many runs between terminal and cellar that involved? Cos I sure lost count ;)

453 if it was all Hard missions. :)

I also like the idea of personal sympathies counting for more. Who you are currently employed by could influence how much symp you need to gain/lose to change status with a given faction. [/B][/QUOTE]

Nice addition. I really don't understand why it doesn't work this way. I was amazed when I first realised it didn't.o_O

Breschau
10-12-03, 21:03
Originally posted by jernau
453 if it was all Hard missions. :)

Wasn't quite that bad - this was when aggie captains still appeared in Very Hard missions. And they still dropped gatlin pistols, so I made (for that stage in retail's lifespan) a truckload of cash.

Nice addition. I really don't understand why it doesn't work this way. I was amazed when I first realised it didn't.o_O
I've always felt the faction system worked a little backwards in places and didn't really operate as it should.

Problem is, I'm never entirely sure how it is currently working. The fact that being in a clan changes how it works compared with being solo doesn't help.

Sefran
10-12-03, 21:09
Aye, mentioned this idea to friends 2 they really HAVE 2 bring this one in the game....Nothing sucks more when a entire allied/neutral clan comes in (hostile towards u) and u lose tons of symp and sl...had that to much in the past.

Its a MUST imo.