PDA

View Full Version : Suggestion:Along with the PPU nerf,release PSI skill points

shodanjr_gr
10-12-03, 00:33
Since PPUs are going to get a big nerf next patch (rezz time increased 10x, Parashock nerf to hell) i believe that many people will no longer be satisfied with the current state of the class, thus they would want to change.

Since Psi point releases have been done for smaller matter in the past, it would only seem logical to release all points in the psi skill after this big change in the psi system.

Opinions?

Jest
10-12-03, 00:37
I don't think they are doing that big a change to warrant any amount of skill release.

shodanjr_gr
10-12-03, 00:41
Originally posted by Jest
I don't think they are doing that big a change to warrant any amount of skill release.

Why not?It is a change to the psi class. Rezz is almost prohibited in OP warfare after the patch. All those PPUs that actually existed to do OP wars and rezz team mates (and make wars last longer) actually loose half their role. It is a BIG change for the PPU class.

And before u start about me wanting some Free loming: I am already loming my PPU atm, got bored :)

Shadow Dancer
10-12-03, 00:43
I don't think it's big enough to warrant a skill release.

bounty
10-12-03, 00:44
I'd say let them have a release, it might get rid of some of the people that were ppus for the wrong reasons.

g0rt
10-12-03, 00:47
ya ok and release my tanks points too while your at it since melee is gonna be better now :rolleyes:

shodanjr_gr
10-12-03, 00:48
Originally posted by g0rt
ya ok and release my tanks points too while your at it since melee is gonna be better now :rolleyes:

Thats what should happen, if any change was made to the way a particular class functions. No harm done if skill points are released. No classes overpowered. Just tons of time saved on a timesink.

Psycho Killa
10-12-03, 01:03
No u chose to jump on the ppu bandwagon. Stick it out or deal with the consequences.

If you where a ppu for the right reasons this wouldnt make u consider lomming.

Vampire222
10-12-03, 01:04
i been a pure ppu as like one of the first on the server, back when the hybrids were nerfed, first shot at it, id hate to lom my ppu

Scikar
10-12-03, 01:05
KK only ever released psi skillpoints when they were trying to get hybrids to go pure. PPUs have hardly been nerfed, just because they can't ressurect while under fire from 10 people any more is no reason to release psi skillpoints.

fatwreck
10-12-03, 01:08
ive always been pure... and im not rezzing anyone who i dont know anyways.. so no big deal to me. but a skill release would get rid of some pure ppus... which would make this game be more about best offence and not best defence imo. give psi's the release... it cant hurt

naimex
10-12-03, 04:06
HELL NO !!!

Don't do this again !!

if PSI points get released then it will be the 3RD !!! psi skill release that has come JUST after i spent ages LOMming my psi !!

.Cyl0n
10-12-03, 04:31
omfg i just lomed my psi for 6 hours
anyway i say no cause its not that important.. its just a para / reez nerf or did i miss something ? oO

a important thing was when they fucked hybrids up and didnt release points... and now they should release points for a simple para / reez nerf ?! o_O

its not like ppus are dead now...

.cy

Sorin
10-12-03, 04:38
I actually wouldn't be surprised if they released points. They almost assuredly won't, but I won't be surprised if they do. There were two relatively minor (compared to my next part) changes to PSI in the past and they released points. They then introduced a major change to the way PSI works by making PPU and APU negatively affect each other, and yet they didn't release points. They intentionally fucked us monks up the ass. A major change in the system - one can't seriously believe they simply overlooked it. Hybrids got the finger flipped to them, straight up. That was a major change, yet no point release. But minor changes in the past got points released. :rolleyes:

So I very highly doubt points will be released, but I won't be surprised.

LVirus
10-12-03, 09:04
Originally posted by fatwreck
ive always been pure... and im not rezzing anyone who i dont know anyways..

Thats attitude I don't understand. As a PPU, I roleplay (OMG, Roleplay! :eek: ) medic, healer and helper. If I see someone in trouble, I heal them, buff them and ask if they need help. Usually they are grateful and all I need is "Thank you" (or "thx" for common player). If I see someone just died or has been dead for sometime, I rush over there and ress him and buff. But sometimes these people I help, turns their fire to me. It's not biggie because I'm a God-Mode-PPU but still 8|.

Oh and releasing PSI points .. tempting but please NO

KimmyG
10-12-03, 09:11
Yo cant spam para full swag and hit 10 people in a matter of secs and cant rez with 5 people blaizeing you anymore.

You can still freeze, S/D , HP/SKILL Buff, boost, heal and just about do everything you can now. Just cause 2 spells get changed I dont think that warrents a release.

What is half the people gonna do quite PPUing? and allow that clans that have ppus rule the world.

Only reason I can think why anyone would want a release is to toy with the newly found accpetable hybrid setups.

Flyl
10-12-03, 11:37
The longer the saga goes on, the more I just want to scream "OMFG STFU ABOUT THE RESSURECTION WHO REALLY GIVES A DAMN".

How about this: Nerf ressurection, so that we have less noobs running around plaza making out they're the shit.

Nerf parashock because nobody really needs it anyway.. (wheres that thread for nerf the freezers from about january?)

And stfu whining I cant be arsed with it nomore.

(Oh and btw, before you start flaming me for not being a ppu, I have a ppu, shes capped psi as a pure ppu all the way, never used an offensive module. And no I'm not moving to apu after stuff gets nerfed.)

Strych9
10-12-03, 18:03
Heck, the best was when they did the big change to Psi Use, and freed up everyone Psi AND Int points. My monk at the time had capped Psi and had like 90 Int. That was teh best.

ZoneVortex
10-12-03, 18:08
yeah don't release them...

i agree with the people who say if you were a ppu for the right reason you wouldn't be wanting to LOM

ReefSmoker
10-12-03, 18:20
Nothing changing to make it fair to release those skillpoints - if they release skillpoints invested in psi and psi power for these changes then you'll have everyone demanding a complete skill reset - not that we're unfamiliar with people demanding such a thing from the past when much more radical changes were introduced - KK didn't give in that time either.

LOM pills are there, if I do need to adjust my psi power for any reason after the patch on my saturn monks then I'll be using them :)

Take care,

Reefie

wargolem
10-12-03, 20:26
why are they nerfing ppus anyway? rez is fine just leave it and as for para why cast rate sooo badly just nerf the damage so fags dont paraspam and then its sorted.

KimmyG
10-12-03, 21:18
I would wager the 12 that voted yes want to go in for the hybrid setup and dont want to pay the fee of loming.

g0rt
10-12-03, 21:26
Originally posted by KimmyG
I would wager the 12 that voted yes want to go in for the hybrid setup and dont want to pay the fee of loming.

hahhahahahaha

so true