Toolbelt

adds transport 5 for lvl1 , 10 lvl 2, 15 lvl 3

adds research , construct , lvl 1 - 3 , lvl 2 - 5 , lvl 3 - 7

should need like 30 int for lvl 1 and higher for other 2

high price to buy as well

any ideas?

Heavyporker
09-12-03, 22:24
tool belt... nice idea... but no, shouldnt add CST or RES.

but + to barter... ooh, yes that'd be an interesting twist.

the toolbelt should be req INT 30, 45, 60 in that order.

Flyl
09-12-03, 22:26
tbh I think just adding lots of transport

level1 - +15
level2 - +25
level3 - +35

A belt isn't REALLY gonna increase your res/brt/cst :P

pood
09-12-03, 22:29
ok jsut transport then, but you like the idea right

Flyl
09-12-03, 22:31
Yeah

Sealdude
09-12-03, 22:52
Or maybe like belts in Diablo where it added one two or 3 line which you could put potions in. Good for monks.

Strych9
09-12-03, 23:00
Why stop with belts?

Have entire armor that gives minimal/no protection but gives massive transport and agility/athletics. Ideal for people doing vehicle builds or any other marathon session like that. Make the armor Int based, but not too high so the tradeskill PEs can wear it as well.

Via RP, it could be sort of an exoskeleton that supports the weight for the runner. But since it doesnt have any sort of panels to it, it cant really protect you from anything.

I guess it could be used by a char out in the wastelands... someone willing to tag along and just carry loot- but that player would have to stay protected. If there is a fear of using the armor like that, just slap some penalty on it to serve as a disincentive.

Heavyporker
09-12-03, 23:03
oooh.... mule powerarmor...

I rather like that idea, all right. how about making a level 4 mule PA that tops out to give +150 to tra, but is -50 to ATH, AGL, is -100 to all combatskills... basically, its to make this mule character a dedicated mule... maybe the req would be about 15 INT and 20 STR, so you couldn't have complete noobs using it.

Idea needs working out, but its still interesting.

Strych9
09-12-03, 23:13
Hrm. -50 to Agl and Ath... that would take some testing to see how it works with the +150 TRA. Definitely a big neg to any combat stuff... but -50 Agl and Ath is a SERIOUS downside.

I would have to do a test with a huge batch of heavy vehicle parts. Move them from point A to point B... and do it in a few trips with the +150 transport but gimped AGL and ATH, and then do it again making more trips but with full AGL and ATH.

And just so this doesnt seem too off topic, I dig the belt idea. Add to transport but not anything else.

Heavyporker
09-12-03, 23:21
yeah, belt idea first... no way can it unbalance anything...

and he's right about really upping the +tra to make it work right - +10 TRA is about 7 kg freeload... you want to give a proper +10 kg freeload for the first level, and about +40 kg freeload for the first one... so.. time for a bit of math.

um, +15 TRA for first one looks ok = +10 kg freeload...

would need about +35 TRA for second one.. for like +20 kg freeload...

but for the +40 kg freeload for third level, would need like +70 TRA...

so yeah, like the INT protection belts, you'd need INT 30 for first one, INT 66 for second one, and INT 95 for third one.

pood
10-12-03, 00:23
a negative to ath and agility is not that good tbh, just transport , maybe like a machina glove so it neg all combat stats

Judge
10-12-03, 00:31
Good ideas people.... keep 'em coming :)

Flyl
10-12-03, 11:52
Maybe not full armour, but definatly a armour vest that could add to transport.

Original monk
10-12-03, 12:44
rp-wise: a toolbelt means you carry extra tools with you, those "tools" provide extra ability's to the user or otherwise he wouldnt be carrying em :) so this means: yeah let the belt add extra res or constr or barter or sumthing

non-rp-wise: we always need more chips/belts/anything that can boost our construct or researchstats, ya can never have enough :P so give us the belts, when i carry 200 weaponparts even +35 transport wont be usefull :)

[TgR]KILLER
10-12-03, 14:36
Chicky could use a belt like that. get more trans.. trans rules as a tradeskiller.. but i don't wanna lose my speed i hate being slow.. and chicky is damn fast atm.. love it ^^

Dissenter
11-12-03, 00:03
rp-wise: a toolbelt means you carry extra tools with you, those "tools" provide extra ability's to the user or otherwise he wouldnt be carrying em

Like Batman! :p