Sefran
09-12-03, 19:30
damn that blows :(

Mumblyfish
09-12-03, 19:32
Nevermind... we still get...

Um...

FOBOS.

GO TO HELL, INTERPLAY! Seriously, if I didn't have my 'Cube this would be the worst year in gaming ever. No HL2, Invisible War is godawful, that stupid WW2 game I OWN YET CAN'T REMEMBER THE NAME OF (it's that bad) has the worst multiplayer ever... oh, and the single player's shit as well. And now that the only decent RPG developer is dead (save perhaps Bioware)...

It's a very bad year for the PC, wouldn't you say?

See you at the crossroads, Fallout 3.

boone
09-12-03, 19:35
http://forums.interplay.com/viewtopic.php?t=35649

http://www.gamespot.com/6085243

some more links :/

*cries another river of blood*

*ph33r*
09-12-03, 19:36
Originally posted by Mumblyfish
that stupid WW2 game I OWN YET CAN'T REMEMBER THE NAME OF (it's that bad) has the worst multiplayer ever... oh, and the single player's shit as well.

Take it you meant Call of Duty... i agree that the mutiplayer is complete crap, but the single player campaign was pretty intense. Short, but sweet anyway.

Beanie McChimp
09-12-03, 19:41
O_o call of duty crap aw ffs i got that for xmas as well. To add more to game disappointments kotor had no multiplayer

KRIMINAL99
09-12-03, 19:41
jeez wtf... I was hoping they would make a good mmo some day...

Whatever, everyone in control of this market atm are mindless sheep.. I'm starting to save up money first thing out of college to start my own mmorpg company and leave these retards in the dust...

Cruzbroker
09-12-03, 19:43
Might as well kill myself :rolleyes:

Darth Slayer
09-12-03, 19:51
Most of the Bods who had worked on the Fallout games had already left to form Obsidian. You never know you may yet get a follow up to Fallout 1&2 just not called Fallout. The writing was on the wall when Bioware bailed on Interplay. I suppose Interplay will be next.

Nightbrother
09-12-03, 21:43
Silent tear for the people that used to be BIS. :'-(

May they spread their brilliance into other games eventually. Most of these people should get 'picked up' by other games developers, I think.

Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah! :(

If Interplay goes also, then I'm gonna go molest something. I still have my Dragon Wars for my C64 stashed away in a cabinet somewhere.

Marx
09-12-03, 22:44
Hopefully all the BI people will get hired by Troika, Troika buys the Fallout Licence, and we get FO3.

I can dream, can't I?

:(

Oh, and what a shit move, 2 fucking weeks before Christmas.

Ho Ho Ho, You're fired!

Duder
09-12-03, 22:46
Theyll probable make some epic Fallout game with a fruity first person shooter/adventure...ehm scripted sequences twist! for the xbox.

Thats whats happening to most stuff it seems, companies have found that if you made a crappy console game, youd make more money then make a somewhat not mediocre PC game.

Hooray!!

Tazo
09-12-03, 22:59
Originally posted by KRIMINAL99
I'm starting to save up money first thing out of college to start my own mmorpg company and leave these retards in the dust...
im with you :p

deac
09-12-03, 23:18
omg no....

no fallout 3 :( :( :( :( :(

Q`alooaith
09-12-03, 23:28
Oh well, there goe's another one..

Though the end's been neigh for a time now, well time to put all my faith with the next gen of devlopers...

Futureman
10-12-03, 05:44
Interplay is a piece of shit, there i said it. Probably the most beloved PC RPG to date and they fuck up the sequel. They are really fucking stupid. It makes me sick to see what they have done. They want another FBOS on the console, when the first one was shit. Not to mention that FBOS 2 hasn't even been in produciton like Fallout 3 has. Oh god what bullshit.

LVirus
10-12-03, 08:48
OMG! If there is no Fallout3, where shall KK rip ideas off?! :eek:

j/k Don't kill me MJS :angel: :o

Shadow Dancer
10-12-03, 08:50
Awww fuck. :(

I participated in that board for years. Poor guys. :(

Richard Adregen
10-12-03, 10:55
What the heck is FBOS (Or FOBOS, or whatev)? I don't seem to be able to put anything to that acronym... but It's such a shame, BIS was a very good company :(:(

RA.

MkVenner
10-12-03, 10:59
Fallout Brothers of Steel i guess

Mumblyfish
10-12-03, 11:16
Fallout: Brotherhood of Steel, also known as Fallout: Piece of Shit. Not developed by Black Isle, it's for PS2 and XBOX, and turns Fallout into a shitty consoled-up hack-'n'-slash.

God, I fucking hate Interplay. It was obvious what was going to happen when Sawyer left of his own accord. The ship was sinking, but why did they have to take everything with them? It's like when Baldur's Gate 3, the game to end all games, was shelved because it was too dark. Yeah, what a load of shit. This is after substantial development time. Thank Wizards of the Fuckstick, Hasbro, and Atari for that (no one knows just what combination lead to the fucking of this game, but more than likely all three given their ties).

MkVenner
10-12-03, 11:19
yeah brotherhood thats what i meant

Celt
11-12-03, 10:46
Troika have made two very Good games, TOEE and Arcanum.

I hope they continue to do so.