PDA

View Full Version : Muse coming home concert

Judge
09-12-03, 18:35
Wow.... is all I can say.

I went to the Muse concert at Exeter on sunday night which was their coming home concert (as they came from around here :) ) and it was well.... spectacular.

The small light show at the begginning was sweet.... it really span me out. Then it was straight into the songs. Moshing for at least an hour straight, I lost count of the time. Two of my mates had to pull me out as I was about to collapse on stockholm syndrome at the end... which was fun :D

Did any of you guys go? Oh and if you were about 1/4 of the way back and saw a guy with really long hair with two other guys, one who had a massive ginger afro who were all moshing rather hard... I was the long haired one. :angel:

GT_Rince
09-12-03, 18:38
Originally posted by Judge

I went to the Muse concert

Who?

:D

Judge
09-12-03, 18:40
Originally posted by GT_Rince
Who?

:D

*splutters*

How.... Dare.... You...... Gah!!

Yeah but seriously, I hope you are from america or joking because if you haven't heard of Muse in the UK then I will personally hunt you down and strangle you with my Muse T-Shirt. :p

*ph33r*
09-12-03, 18:44
Busted 4eva!!!11 ^________________^

....No I didn't go. Know a mate who did tho, he said it was uber.

GT_Rince
09-12-03, 18:52
Yep - I'm in the UK, but can't say I have ever heard of them. I can therefor safely say that I don't like Muse ;)

What are they - kinda like Enya or some shit? :D

\\Fényx//
09-12-03, 19:06
Muse are fuckin amazing life, saw them at leeds festival and it was awesome.

Judge
09-12-03, 19:22
Nah Rince... they do some pretty heavy stuff, like stockholm syndrome or hysteria, but they also do a load of mellow stuff. And some songs are a mix between the two... quite unique. Kind of like how System of a down is quite mellow at one point then harsh at another... though system of a down harsh is "rip your eyes out" harsh where as Muse is "WOOO YEAH MOSH" harsh.

Nidhogg
09-12-03, 19:42
Rince, if you didn't go to the Muse gig at the MEN then you missed out on the gig of the year. Muse are the best live act I've ever seen (and I've seen a few :p).

N

GT_Rince
09-12-03, 19:54
lol - well, so I can keep up on the latest 'popular beat combos', I will buy* some of their music. :D

*Buy should be read as D/L ;)

random hero
09-12-03, 20:15
i saw muse in cardiff. all i can say is fucking awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Judge
09-12-03, 20:43
Originally posted by Nidhogg
Rince, if you didn't go to the Muse gig at the MEN then you missed out on the gig of the year. Muse are the best live act I've ever seen (and I've seen a few :p).

N

God damn Nid.... you would be scary in a mosh :eek:

At the gig you went to did you notice that the songs seemed alot more heavy than on the album? Or maybe its just because of the 40foot high speaker banks.... hmmm....

Capt. Rik
10-12-03, 00:17
I saw Muse a couple of years ago at the Leeds music festival. They were fantastic :D

My favourite song has to be Plug in Baby

Judge
10-12-03, 19:54
Originally posted by Capt. Rik
I saw Muse a couple of years ago at the Leeds music festival. They were fantastic :D

My favourite song has to be Plug in Baby

You listened to Absolution, their new album?

They have gotten a little bit more heavy overall, IMO, but they are still fucking brilliantly technical. Pianos rule. :D

Candaman
10-12-03, 19:59
muse r teh win!!

Capt. Rik
10-12-03, 20:07
Originally posted by Judge
You listened to Absolution, their new album?

I've only heard the songs they've released so far. I might have to check it out tho