View Full Version : Disable Rez in warzones

Lexxuk
09-12-03, 18:24
Simple as that. People are bitching about PPU's ressurecting under fire, so just disable it in a warzone instead of totally screwing up the entire spell.

Results - The "OMG PPU'S RES THE WHOLE ATTACKING PEOPLE" would win, because a PPU wouldnt be able to rez, true, if the people screaming that died, they couldnt be rez'd either.

PPU's could still help people to level when they have nothing else to do, without risk of being killed by 3 or 4 /30 mobs :rolleyes:

Zanathos
09-12-03, 18:26
AH HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA!!!

HEH HEH!

hmmmmm ^_^

no.

Lexxuk
09-12-03, 18:27
can i take that as a maybe? :p

/edit @ below - only if u pay me enuff, and I dont spit/swallow, i gargle :p

Opar
09-12-03, 18:27
You suck lexx ^____^

Nah :D

*ph33r*
09-12-03, 18:28
/me passes Lexx Inquis armour

Oh and no.

shodanjr_gr
09-12-03, 18:29
No i dont actually agree. Part of a PPUs job, should be rezzing others. Rezzing should be tweaked (but not crushed!!!!).
But totally removing it, i dont agree!!!!

Lexxuk
09-12-03, 18:31
its not about removing it totally, just from the warzones, which in effect a 40 second+ rez will do anyhow, so instead of killing the spell for leveling, just remove it from where the people totally bitch about it the most, where PPU's are under fire (btw, if what i read is correct, a kami drone can whack a full buffed PPU's health down over 200 health, so dont try a 40 sec rez with droners around)

GT_Rince
09-12-03, 18:36
If you remove it from a warzone, then clans that practice OP war tactics, are kinda limited to the options they have when someone on their team dies.

A bit fat 'no' from me :D

Tweak yes, remove no!

[TgR]KILLER
09-12-03, 18:38
hmm NO.. because it won't change lets say raids @ TH where they just rezz and rezz.. mayby JUST let rezz work in hunting zones like caves and aggie cellars.. but then again.. crp is realy a fire mob hunting zone to.. and TG zone is the same.. and they aren't hunting zones..

MayhemMike
09-12-03, 18:40
lol @ lexxy.

Kinda defeats the purpose of hunting at crp eh? :O just incase those 4 grims spawn infront and gank everyone :P

And thats a no from me... noob :p

Lexxuk
09-12-03, 18:42
Originally posted by MayhemMike
lol @ lexxy.

Kinda defeats the purpose of hunting at crp eh? :O just incase those 4 grims spawn infront and gank everyone :P

And thats a no from me... noob :p

warzones r not supposed to be hunting zones :p ur supposed to lose exp if u die there anyhow :p

noob? omg, no sex for u for a week!!!

Scikar
09-12-03, 18:43
Oh look, it's Lexxuk, whining about the ressurection nerf again. :rolleyes:

No, stick with KK's plan.

ghandisfury
09-12-03, 18:54
How about just make a gun that gets rid of dead bodies? Make it 10ROF just like the rezz....then you've killed two birds with one stone. You've made it less monkocron because a team of 10 monks might lose to a team of 5 monks and 5 spies do to the fact that the spies got rid of the dead monks, AAAAND you've reduced the effectiveness of rezzerect without hurting PvM.:eek:

Lexxuk
09-12-03, 18:54
oh look, its the monk hater who hates monks. KK's plan sucks.

Scikar
09-12-03, 19:00
I don't hate monks at all, I love playing my APU.

KimmyG
09-12-03, 19:02
Cry some more GG.

Long rez is the winning ticket. Maybe some PPUs should have thought of this before staying alive while rezing someone K GG WIN THX. :lol:

Flyl
09-12-03, 19:05
Posted by me, here (http://neocron.jafc.de/showthread.php?s=&threadid=84205&perpage=15&pagenumber=13).

How about this one.

In warzones (you know, where op wars take place), Ressurection cast time is changed to 30 seconds (40 for none-holy). During this time, any dead players will automatically warp to their apartment if they lay dead for 5 minutes. This would prevent people laying dead for hours until somebody ressurects them.

In all other zones, cast time is changed 10 seconds (20 seconds for none-holy) which would mean that PvM isn't affected. Obviously this would mess with people leveling at Cycrow but that's their problem.

Likewise, Antiheal/shelter/buff/etcetcetc, should suffer the same penalties, but to a lesser extent. Meaning that while the PPU is ressurecting, it's possible to antibuff them and start attacking them before the ressurection is complety, so as example figures.. 20 seconds to antibuff, which 30 seconds to ressurect. That'd make PPU's none-god-like, while still keeping players out of the fight for a fair few minutes, and still making zones like MC5 an attainable leveling group for people who know what they're doing.

Nerfing ressurect wont fix op wars, as mentioned by ZigZag. Nerfing heals and shelters would be unfair because thats all a PPU has. Nerfing parashock, it needs to happen, less shock more damage? Who knows, who cares.

LVirus
10-12-03, 09:40
Any of you ever thought that how about you actually kill that person who is about to be ressed because if APU or APU's chaincast HL's to target, it would be dead again after ress is done ... or do I miss something here? o_O

Shadow Dancer
10-12-03, 09:44
I vote no. Because not all fighting takes place in warzones. PPUs shouldn't be ressing in pvp combat, period. In my humble opinion of course.