PDA

View Full Version : Vets comming back..

[TgR]KILLER
09-12-03, 16:11
Esp on pluto.. din't anybody notice alot of "old" players comming back ? Elrik is back Rince is back.. and a whole load of Beta / Early retail ppl are comming back atm.. i keep seeing more and more.. or is it i never was in P1 untill i lommed chicky to tradeskills ?

GT_Rince
09-12-03, 16:32
Yay!!! \o/ I got a mention :D

Yeah - I noticed that over the last few days since i returned. Tinman00, Quede & Cizo spring to mind although I have seen others, but brain is in work mode atm :D

[TgR]KILLER
09-12-03, 16:36
Originally posted by GT_Rince
Yay!!! \o/ I got a mention :D

Yeah - I noticed that over the last few days since i returned. Tinman00 & Quede spring to mind although I have seen others, but brain is in work mode atm :D

that other guy who was in p1 yesterday to.. wrath could understand him but i couldn't understand a damn word.. was finnish but can't remember his name.. something with a C..

and tinman is back already for about 2 months.. done just 4 rerolls sofar but he was in [TgR] from the start.. he joined with his tank then rifle spy ( i think it was rifle ) then pe now spy droner.. also wrath who played in beta to.. he went from spy to pe to tank.. and i think something else in between lol..

thats something else i notice.. why the heck do vets rerole that much ? take elrik.. when he was in [TgR] he had about 4 dif chars to :p

Fun thing is.. Tinman00 made me name chicky's tradeskill clan Auriga ( i dit put the Technologies behind it ) and out of the blue 3 ex Auriga clanmembers came back.. its scarry :p

Dardalion
09-12-03, 16:37
Im early retail - never left cept when my PC died for 5 weeks :(

GT_Rince
09-12-03, 16:39
Originally posted by [TgR]KILLER
that other guy who was in p1 yesterday to.. wrath could understand him but i couldn't understand a damn word.. was finnish but can't remember his name.. something with a C..

LOL - u mean Cizo :) He was one of the founders of Aurga with Paradroid. That was the 2nd clan on Pluto (as I keep being reminded :D)

[TgR]KILLER
09-12-03, 16:44
yea and elrik and tinman who were both in Auriga said there was a deal with SS that emmerson would be Auriga's OP.. so atm i'm waiting till i get Emmerson :D

Wrathwind
09-12-03, 16:46
Heh, I played in beta 4 and came back recently (yeah, Killer mentioned me earlier). Not sure actually why I didn't start playing right when retail came out. I think I just forgot about it since it kept being delayed. :P

Maybe it's common with all "old" returning players that we want to try everything again to see what's changed and get comfortable with all the classes. My first char in retail was a melee tank on Pluto (I played Pluto in beta too, until it closed and then I moved to some other server, don't remember which one, Neptune maybe). Then I tried out all the classes again on Uranus, before finally returning back to Pluto, where I felt most at home again for some reason.. I like to think it's the more RP oriented atmosphere, but who knows.
Rerolled a couple of times first rifle/droner/pistol spy, then rifle PE and finally Melee tank again ;) Melee is just so damn fun..

ReefSmoker
09-12-03, 16:55
There was a response in a post earlier from LVirus asking me if I was back - I kept it simple and said I never left. Sure my interest in this game has gone downhill majorly - though I don't want to go into the reasons for that.

There's two things to consider as to why folk are coming back (maybe more reasons, but I'll highlight these two) :

1) They've heard about the DoY discount deal and would like to try it to see if it's going to be worth their while
2) They got bored of the other game(s) they left to play

Now I'm not bored of the other game I'm playing, not by a long shot, however I'm sitting on the sidelines when it comes to playing Neocron anywhere near as long as I used to. I log in for a couple of hours a week on any of the retail servers I have characters on, and a few more hours on test server when a new test patch is released so that I can see what's happening there first-hand rather than relying on patch notes.

I still don't fully believe DoY will make me stay, but I can always pay for my account beyond February (which is when it expires thanks to 6-month payments) once we have the hard facts from MJS - if those hard facts aren't substantial then I am unsure if I'll pay for my account again, all I can say for sure is that I've cancelled the account for now so I'm not billed automatically in Feb. It all comes down to whether or not DoY is worth it.

Oh and for the record it's nice to see a few old faces - only downside lately is that my home in Tech Haven is deserted when I log in - my fault for logging in sometime between the hours of 9am and 12pm GMT I guess ;)

Well I guess this is the bit where I've finally spoken my mind on the whole DoY debacle... I'm a neutral bystander for now, part of being a member of the Fallen Angels I guess :p

Take care,

Reefie

Elric
09-12-03, 16:56
I wasn t in Auriga.

I was In Maas Neotek, the FIRST clan on pluto. Auriga were our closest allies though. and yes, at that time Maas owned all the ops, we gave one to Auriga, then SS cam along and we conceded some to them cos we were always busy fighting off Cracks n EON and all the other hostiles... aah, so long ago and such faded memory.... ach well...

oh, About th rerolling, I like being a n00b, its fun :D

|R@zor|
09-12-03, 17:33
I've definately seen a few old timers coming back onto the forums lately, cant say anything about ingame tho as i've barely been ingame for more than 5-10 minutes at a time in the past 2 or so months.

Although i am planning to renew my subscription again which runs out on the 11th.

Dribble Joy
09-12-03, 17:37
G.0.D. was on uranus with a n00b tank last night, on a mates account.

[TgR]KILLER
09-12-03, 18:43
yea i miss G.0.D. 1 time he said something like "ello drug kiddie" or drug bunny can't remember lol he said it to me in P1 when i recapped killer in 5 days ( after i went hybrid ) my bro still uses that ello from G.0.D. :p

t0tt3
09-12-03, 19:14
sex on killer
sex on killer
sex on killer
:rolleyes: :D

Or my Gaaaah die from my poke tool die die killer :lol:

KRIMINAL99
09-12-03, 19:14
Theres no competition out there... The closest thing Ive seen is endless ages but that game sucks because you have to macro to cap your char and high lvl weapons never drop.....

However there is a ton of games in the works like FOM, priest, citizen zero.

I hate to say it but despite how many accounts KK has the fact that noone logs on the game is a bad sign. They need to figure out for themselves why their game gets boring as shit so fast when it doesn't have to and fix it if they aren't going to listen to customers who think about it.

Otherwise when these games hit people will leave in droves and not look back.

GT_Rince
09-12-03, 20:01
Originally posted by KRIMINAL99
They need to figure out for themselves why their game gets boring as shit so fast when it doesn't have to and fix it if they aren't going to listen to customers who think about it.

Otherwise when these games hit people will leave in droves and not look back.

They don't need to figure it out - they already know because we (the community) keep telling them. If they don't fix it, then peeps will leave. Even then, I think there will be the hardcore that will still play.

I think a lot of peeps are coming back because of the impending arrival (ha!!! :D) of BDoY. It promises good things, but we need to wait for the official announcement before we see peeps coming back in droves - only then if it is good enough. If many aspects of gameplay are changed and there is something more than just lvling and nothing to do once you cap, then it could be a winner.

We will just have to wait and see. In the meantime, it is good to see old friends coming back again :)

Kimiko
09-12-03, 21:06
What? No mention of me or flyl? Pfft.

El - Think Pauls coming back for DoY? maybe a Maas rebirth?

Flyl
09-12-03, 21:41
Nobody mentioned me :(

[TgR]KILLER
09-12-03, 23:04
Hey soz i can't remember everybody now can i :p

just because everybody thinks they remember me from beta ( LOL ) i just play for around 10 months. i missed most of the fun stuff.. tho sometimes 10 months seem alot alot of things changed in that time.. but still.. some ppl were gone before i had a change of meeting them ;)

but yea i saw Flyl a few times in TH raiding the place lol.. but Kimiko who are u then ? i remember u from the forums.. your sig and avatar look cool :D but i don't think i saw u ingame already dit i ? since your talking about elrik and maas i know your on pluto tho.. or was anyway ;)

Strych9
09-12-03, 23:20
I am back now too- but no one ever saw me in beta/retail unless you were on Pluto and hung around Plaza 1. I was either there, or in the madji/legion clan apt, or being whisked away to some Op for doing builds and such. Made it into battle a few times with the clan, and mobbing and such- but my 100% pure PPU/100% construction Monk was mostly in P1. :)

Right now I am only on Saturn. Waiting to see what I wanna do on Pluto before making the char.

As far as the forums... well I used to be one of the biggest forum whores in all of Neocron. :D

\\Fényx//
09-12-03, 23:33
Originally posted by [TgR]KILLER
but yea i saw Flyl a few times in TH raiding the place lol.. but Kimiko who are u then ?

hahaha vintage :lol: Kimiko = Flyk O_o

Carinth
09-12-03, 23:34
I havn't been gone that long I suppose, I might be more active after next patch. It should be interesting to say the least. Until then tho, I spend much more time on the forums then in nc : )

As far as I know, g.0.d. is waiting for doy, if he comes back at all. I believe he's workin on a mmorpg with some others actualy. It will most likely be a reverse domino effect. As more and more people come back, others are more inclined to return. It's just a matter of how long they stay.

P4mp3rk3
10-12-03, 00:09
Originally posted by \\Fényx//

I figuered that out all by myself (cause of the signatures)
what do I win, what do I win???

also, when do people consider you a vet??

/edit: Flyl, didn't you always get into discussions with Kobra?

Shadow Dancer
10-12-03, 00:21
I heard Shadow Dancer came back. That sexy bastard.

[TgR]KILLER
10-12-03, 01:26
Originally posted by \\Fényx//

Yea i see now i actualy read the sigs on both lol.. just looked @ Flyk's and thought it was different :/

wun
10-12-03, 01:41
Originally posted by Elric
at that time Maas owned all the ops, we gave one to Auriga, then SS cam along and we conceded some to them cos we were always busy fighting off Cracks n EON and all the other hostiles...

no flames here... but...

pretty sure EOB held between 8 and 12 OPs for the first few months of retail... then we got wiped off the map for good...

anway good to see all these ppl coming back... :)

Wannabe
10-12-03, 02:31
Flyk is back.. and she/he/it/that thing over there hasn't still fixed the damn sig :o

Oh well.. more people to get my ass kicked over and over ;)

// Wannabe

Tupac
10-12-03, 02:45
yeah i also heard erhh Tupacs back to! icant wait to sex him when i see him :D

Darkloss
10-12-03, 03:56
hehe i never get a mention but oh well i never expected much except maybe out of Amfest or Hakusho to say anything. personally when release came around i didn't go pluto myself i went saturn. though many times i have considered switching back to the server i populated on beta with Kilburn Firebrander my old rifler/hacker who lives on, on saturn though. God knows how many times i was asked if i was actually from Kilburn hehe. guess one reason i say this was cause on saturn when E.O.B was first founded (me being one of the founding members when it was on saturn before they closed it to us) was the whole TG thing. never really liked TG. to me it's TT all the way. Tangent in guns we trust. Live by the code for it is the only code of Neocron.

------------------------------------------
Darkloss Darkstar(Saturn) 1/62 213 resser
Kilburn Firebrander(Saturn) 59/54 rifler/hacker

LVirus
10-12-03, 09:21
Hah thats nothing. It took me over 3 months to get moregore (Akka Yli-Jumala) back to game.

Oh damn Reefie. I was trying to figure out where did I left you that comment because I cannot find your reply from nowhere. Good thing you never left and you cannot because you made a promise that when KK shutdowns last server, you will be leaving NC for good .. not before.

Psychoninja
10-12-03, 09:27
I've seen people come back, and then leave suddenly again.
Don't get your hopes up =\

Flyl
10-12-03, 11:41
but yea i saw Flyl a few times in TH raiding the place lol.. but Kimiko who are u then ? i remember u from the forums.. your sig and avatar look cool but i don't think i saw u ingame already dit i ? since your talking about elrik and maas i know your on pluto tho.. or was anyway

I never raided TH as Flyl Oo
Flyl was always a fallen angel
So was the original twinkle
And snyper was for the most part an angel
So was flufles...

Its only recently I've moved over the black dragon and tangent...

And yeah me and flyk were both in Maas Neotek at the start of retail and also again around january time just before the resists nerfs came in and I had to reroll because they messed with soullight regeneration.

Kimiko
10-12-03, 13:28
Yet again they seem to be confusing us.

Lets set the record straight once and for all:

FLYL IS NOT FLYK, NEITHER IS FLYK THE SAME AS FLYL.

Ok?

It was actually probably me running around TH killing - along with .cy :)

Me and Cy went there to get me an epic kill and we came across Trillian... she started to say "I dont want to fight. Leave me alone". Perfect rank too :)

Elric
10-12-03, 15:12
Originally posted by wun
no flames here... but...

pretty sure EOB held between 8 and 12 OPs for the first few months of retail... then we got wiped off the map for good...

anway good to see all these ppl coming back... :)

Yep, you did, But you had to take em off us, cos we pinched them all within 6 hours of the server goin live :p

I cant see Paul comin back I'm afraid. He did for a short time about 4- 5 months ago, he got bored and left again.

Maas will never restart, or at least not that I can forsee, It just wouldnt be the same. Lets leave the legend and memories the way they are.

I am also moving to Saturn now too, so I'll be seeing less of ya all. its time to move on from pluto and try new things (which the 4 character slots is very good for) and saturn was just there since i had a couple of lowbies on it already.
Myself and Rince have made a pact to start afresh before we get bored again (which i could feel coming on again) and this opportunity on Saturn arose and we grabbed it. We're doing everything together (even so far as creating a n00b APU / PPU team) and its alot of fun so far.
I'll pop back now n again to say hello tho, but I doubt I'll be about as much as i used to.

Whenever Rince isnt on or goes to bed, I'll dive back to Pluto though. Chances are it'll usually be after 11pm for a few hours, so if any of you are on there tonight, I'll catch ya then and talk to ya later.

triXter
10-12-03, 15:26
I feel the day has come...

Hippieman
10-12-03, 15:38
Vets have been coming back. Dont really know if I be consdiered a "vet" or not but I think most people are like me. Just playing the game and not getting involved in any of the servers politics. They're about as fucked up as a 20 car pile up.

Oh and Psychoninja, dont know why the hell I remember this but wasnt your old title Amy's Bitch? Guess remembering about the good old days brings back the smallest details O_o

ReefSmoker
10-12-03, 16:03
Originally posted by triXter
I feel the day has come...

... to make your first post ? Or to tell us more about who you are and why you've come back ? :D

That's gotta be some record though... I mean most folk register to make a post, but you've registered and never made one until now !!

Greets to you :cool:

Take care,

Reefie

[TgR]KILLER
10-12-03, 16:10
Dammit elrik i knew rince would get u to come to sat to.. i'm losing my customers ;)

he asked me to come to sat to but i'm staying on pluto got stuff to do there ;)