PDA

View Full Version : Remove GR locks

Mr_Snow
09-12-03, 14:38
Remove GR lock but still allow owning clan to receive money from GR and to GR into the underground without SI.

Duder
09-12-03, 14:40
Use Vehicles.

Whine to KK to add more ASGs around the Wastelands and in villages. Whine to KK to lower Vehicle Reqs a bit and a driving glove.

Elric
09-12-03, 14:41
i agree with Duders idea.

Mumblyfish
09-12-03, 14:44
The whining or the vehicles?

Archeus
09-12-03, 14:45
There are already free GRs and ASG's scattered all over the map. Use them.

Crest
09-12-03, 14:46
Now that I have thought about all this...Hey Keep the locks ... you can get almost anywhere by GR or with in 3 sectors of any location .....

There are plenty non op GR's ... Namely

Point Red .... SW Corner
Battle Dome NW corner
OutZone South Area
Escador Oasis NE Corner
El Faird North

Then there are then TG and TH ones which proto phamrs and TG and FA can use....

Also Factions hold ops and yuo use them....

I remeber when every op was opened by enemy and I said the same thing ... but i lived with it and hey .... I can still hunt

Duder
09-12-03, 14:46
Originally posted by Mumblyfish
The whining or the vehicles?

whining of the lack of asgs, that in turn makes vehicles less useful, and the roads suck, maybe make vehciles go a bit faster when they are driving on the roads..

Archeus
09-12-03, 14:49
3 ASGs at NC*
2 ASGs at TH*
1 ASG at canyon*
1 ASG at MB*
1 ASG at battle dome*
1 ASG at race track
1 ASG at DOY entrance*

* = Has an unlocked GR within a zone of it.

Also if you are on pluto there may still be an ASG near the garbage dump.

How many ASGs do you want?

Mr_Snow
09-12-03, 14:50
I didnt whine, I asked a question and posted a poll, I dont see how that is whining.

Duder
09-12-03, 14:50
In every village? Now that you mention it, i think the asg placement is fine, and GRs too.

Just walk or take a ride, how hard is that?

Just because you cant GR to CRP directly doesnt mean all is lost.

Scikar
09-12-03, 15:02
Originally posted by Mr_Snow
Remove GR lock but still allow owning clan to receive money from GR and to GR into the underground without SI.

^^ Is a statement of an opinion, or an idea, or a request, or a command. It is not a question.

GT_Rince
09-12-03, 15:18
Personally, I like it the way it is. Also, I think vehicles drive fast enough. Elrik took me up to MB 2 days ago from Jeriko and it only took us 15 mins - that included time for Syncs / Crashes (only 1 crash). Hell, I can run from NC to MB in about 30 minutes - as long as I take some Stamina Boosters with me :)

Crest
09-12-03, 15:26
If tagging GRs then try Venture for all your moving needs

Strych9
09-12-03, 15:34
I just ran in my tank with ~70 AG/~75 ATH from Neocron up to El Farid... and it took me maybe 15 total minutes to run the length of the map. That includes dodging several hoverbots along the way. Didn't seem to bad to me.

TheEnemy
09-12-03, 15:41
For god's sake, put a GR at race track already!

GT_Rince
09-12-03, 15:43
Originally posted by Strych9
I just ran in my tank with ~70 AG/~75 ATH from Neocron up to El Farid... and it took me maybe 15 total minutes to run the length of the map. That includes dodging several hoverbots along the way. Didn't seem to bad to me.

Yeah - it doesn't take long. It may seem like ages if you got a slow char, but even then it isn't that long.

I once ran round the whole map and tagged every GR in under 4 hours. This included the time taken to do a bit of hunting en-route. Granted, this was before vehicles were introduced :D

Or, stick 25 points into VHC. Hell, even at cap, im sure that 5 extra opints out of P-C or R-C (or whatever) will not make that much difference.

Folks is getting lazy :D

[TgR]KILLER
09-12-03, 15:46
ok lets sum this up.. DOY has a ASG ? were then.. don't think i ever saw one..

yea use vehicles but add a driving glove.. PE's need their dex damn hard for combat skills..

add a GR @ the racetrack.. and yea there are plenty of GRs.. only reason not running is being as slow as a turtle but that meens your char is settuped wrong :p

Original monk
09-12-03, 15:46
stupid vehicules, i never gonna gimp myself using a vehicule (not even 12 vhc) , and i never want to crash in a synch again with a vehicule ... so remove the useless genreprules, i pay for this whole game, not yust a little part of the game (or put extra neutral genreps) as in put a neutral genrep at nemesis or soliko so i dont have to walk from el farid village everytime i wonna go hunt some mc5 :P

Scikar
09-12-03, 16:49
Originally posted by Original monk
stupid vehicules, i never gonna gimp myself using a vehicule (not even 12 vhc)

And the price of that decision is that you have to use your feet. Your choice.

Duder
09-12-03, 17:28
Originally posted by Original monk
stupid vehicules, i never gonna gimp myself using a vehicule (not even 12 vhc) , and i never want to crash in a synch again with a vehicule ... so remove the useless genreprules, i pay for this whole game, not yust a little part of the game (or put extra neutral genreps) as in put a neutral genrep at nemesis or soliko so i dont have to walk from el farid village everytime i wonna go hunt some mc5 :P

Why Dont you just Download this Version of Neocron?

http://upload.houseboat-racing.biz/files/switches3.gif
watch it for 10.1 seconds...

KimmyG
09-12-03, 17:30
Good lord its around a 5 min run to anywhere in this game using open GR's. While taking a break I enjoyed some daoc and SB and after having to put up with the super long runs in that I have zero problem with a few mins to get somewhere in neocron.

Duder nice pic GG

Mumblyfish
09-12-03, 17:32
Now, I don't get what the hell the joke should be... but when I saw that, I sighed and clicked the OK button. Twice.

Then I realised I didn't have Neocron running.

Don't do drugs.

Zanathos
09-12-03, 17:34
I just wish that clans that own OP's would unlock their GR's for both allied AND neutral factions.....

Do you have something to fear from the allied factions?

Maybe from the neutral ones.... but still....

Least on saturn the city mercs let neutrals use their GR's.

KimmyG
09-12-03, 17:37
Originally posted by Zanathos
I just wish that clans that own OP's would unlock their GR's for both allied AND neutral factions.....

Do you have something to fear from the allied factions?

Maybe from the neutral ones.... but still....

Least on saturn the city mercs let neutrals use their GR's.

Yesterday we as BD took an op from TG. When this TG clan returned they brought not only themselves and some other TG's. But a crahn clan and a clan from our own dam faction to fight us. So as long as this shit goes down all are GR's and turrent settings wont be friendly to those not in the clan.

Another reason they should work on making clan wars work cause out of war zones you take do to much without taking an SL hit.

Original monk
09-12-03, 17:46
yes scikar, im used to the feet-vehicule by know, but if they remove the genreprules its even more easier :)