PDA

View Full Version : The biggest change that no ones seemed to notice

El_MUERkO
09-12-03, 13:28
The CA Guards were only reinforced in the Sector Plaza 1 as described in the last Neocronicle. The other City Sectors are as they were before.
Besides that the Copbots in Pepper Park have been removed and regular BD and TS Guards where set in place for them.
Pepper Park Sec-1 is Tsunami, Sec-2 BlackDragon and Pepper Park Sec-3 is mixed territory (only guards at the etablissments and one BD guard at the GR as the GR in PP Sec-1 is guarded by a Tsunami)
The direct area around the Pepper Park Subway stations donīt have any guards nearby to allow non PP factions to move around a bit. At least up to the next guard

So you see that each faction has its own area now as only the TGs had this with their canyon in the past.

I think that will allow you a much more faction specific gameplay now. Each faction has its "safe" area but still can sneak into the enemies sectors with much caution.

I am open for any critiques or suggestions to improve this matter. So fire away but stay on topic.

This completely redefines the city, no more will people be able to run from outzone to Via Rossa without fear of attack.

With the increased power of faction gaurds running into enemy territory without thought = death.

Finally clans can hang around in the area around their HQs and in their HQs with relative but not total safety.

This is going to really shake up politics, fighting, and commerce in the city. No more will plaza 1 be the focus of attention because many runners wont be able to go there without PPU support :lol:

I'd advice city enemy faction people to start thinking about where they're going to move their stuff cause getting to your plaza 1 level 3 app might be a tad hard, while I'm at it I'd suggest everyone does a GR taging spree beofre this patch hits or their will be lots of places you wont be able to get to.

Does the happy dance :D

phunqe
09-12-03, 13:39
I think even an announcement of BDoY would pass by unnoticed with the current PPU/rez/hammer/skill discussion :p

But I agree... It's really really nice :)

[TgR]KILLER
09-12-03, 13:42
Knew this was comming :p both my chars have only TH apps now.. moved everything from my NC apps and sold them.. tho killer still has a PP3 safehouse.. ( starter app ) tho not so safe with BD there :p

Dissenter
09-12-03, 13:43
hmm pretty cool, will there be Crahn guards outside the pp3 hq?

or maybe even a CM guard outside the bump asylum, as that is supposed to be a in-city CM base. (the secret part)

And one more Thing

Every faction, except Crahn, has their appartments in close proximity to their HQ along with Faction Guards and/or CopBots.

I think it would help if Crahn's appts could either be moved to the Crahn Abbey in OZ9, or we have some Crahn Gurads put in OZ1.

El_MUERkO
09-12-03, 14:17
hmm pretty cool, will there be Crahn guards outside the pp3 hq?

There already are but I dont think they'll wander onto the main road.

PP3 seems to be a neutral border to the Industrial/outzone sectors so they dont want people being attacked as they go thru.

These changes are going to have an interesting effect on noob leveling as well.

The way the city works is going to change over night, I've already changed my apps around, my Crahns have apps in PP, Outzone and MB and my CA & Biotech runners have apps in Plaza 2.

Mumblyfish
09-12-03, 14:42
or maybe even a CM guard outside the bump asylum, as that is supposed to be a in-city CM base. (the secret part)

Guess why there shouldn't be guards outside it? :lol:

Duder
09-12-03, 14:44
Originally posted by Mumblyfish
Guess why there shouldn't be guards outside it? :lol:

BECUASE ITS SECRET?????

WHOA, TOTALLY AWESOME AND UNEXPECTED TURN OF EVENTS!!!

KRIMINAL99
09-12-03, 18:35
i dunno man they need to turn those punks down...

Let the players define their territories in the city with their skills not some 120/120 instadeath gun mob thats just lame..

Judge
09-12-03, 18:38
Originally posted by KRIMINAL99
i dunno man they need to turn those punks down...

Let the players define their territories in the city with their skills not some 120/120 instadeath gun mob thats just lame..

That would work if there was no safe zones. Which I wouldn't mind at all :D

Zanathos
09-12-03, 18:40
The AI of faction guards NEEDS to be reworked.

Example, if a BD runner goes into the Plaza or Viarosso sectors.

The copbots will give them a warning to leave, if they dont leave in 5 seconds, they pull their gun out, warn them to leave again in a much more "frightening" voice, then they open fire.

I'll go more in depth in the brain port.

MayhemMike
09-12-03, 18:45
I will be happy when this hits retail =p

Krll
09-12-03, 21:21
P1 will stay as a central trading point for city friendly factions, but I can see all the anti-city trade moving to P3.

Should be interesting. :)

-Krll

Archeus
09-12-03, 21:23
Originally posted by Krll
P1 will stay as a central trading point for city friendly factions, but I can see all the anti-city trade moving to P3.

Should be interesting. :)

-Krll

Or TH could be a central trading point. Although to be honest all PP seems to be built well to hold and protect (providing you are not on the ground level).

El_MUERkO
09-12-03, 21:37
You will have more shopping possibilites with the new faction offices that will be included in the next Retail Patch, especially for the non CA close factions. Additionally we are checking each location for new vendors, so there will be some movement too.

Besides that you have chosen a faction that is marked with "higher difficulty" in the Faction Information at the character creation. So BD, Crahn and Co. are not meant as a beginner factions and so their territory is more dangerous compared to the others. This is a fact you should not forget.

More good news on the spreading out of NCs population and commerce.

Honestly I think this is the best addition to neocron yet, it'll create a far more interesting atmosphere on the servers :)

Krll
09-12-03, 22:02
Originally posted by Archeus
Or TH could be a central trading point. Although to be honest all PP seems to be built well to hold and protect (providing you are not on the ground level).

I personally can't see people moving all that far from where they're used to (human habit and all that psychological stuff), and especially not out of the safe zones because of the risk of enemy raids killing all the trade skillers (although with the beefed up security guards, this might start to become viable for trade skillers to do).

Instead of Typhera Memorial GRs being the main destination for anit-city people when they die, it will be the Jones Centre ones by Crytons, and the pokers, constructors, researchers will all be gathered in the open area in front of DRE HQ, or else by one of the two gogos in the sector (like it was back in beta :) ).

-Krll

Syntax-Error
09-12-03, 22:07
i have a strong feeling that safe zones will be removed

Krll
09-12-03, 22:08
Originally posted by Syntax-Error
i have a strong feeling that safe zones will be removed

Not with the next patch I don't think... Maybe with DoY, but we'll have to wait and hear about that.

-Krll

Syntax-Error
09-12-03, 22:09
Aye but DoY will be here pretty damn soon me thinks :)

Heavyporker
09-12-03, 22:21
there are copbots near that Jones Center thing. If they move, I think I will lure them back to the damn GR.

Krll
09-12-03, 22:26
Originally posted by Heavyporker
there are copbots near that Jones Center thing. If they move, I think I will lure them back to the damn GR.

Copbots only shoot you if you have negative SL, so anti-city factions will be ok in Plaza 3. It's the new CA guards in Plaza 1 which will cause anti-city folks the problems.

Or have I mis-understood you?

-Krll

Heavyporker
09-12-03, 22:56
um, copbots would KOS anticity wouldnt they? Anyways, if copbots still wouldnt, then why would they leave plaza one in teh first place?

[TgR]KILLER
09-12-03, 23:08
All just come to TH.. as if the city gets borked with no safezones or something all trading will be done in TH anyway.. since some zones in TH have fuck all security its np for everybody going there ;)

or tradeskillers could actually use the skill channels and their ( damn whats the word O.o u know being known ? :/ ) to get customers.. and then just travel around with a PPU on their ass and some guards so u get like caravans ( u know what i meen if u played fallout ;) ) would be damn fun if that was going to happen.. jus apc's with traders and guards driving from place to place going their work.. u could have clans with guards and like 1 from every tradeskill.. rep / cst / res / poke / clone / barther.. and just drive to NC gates then to TH then to TG then to MB and mayby some places like racetrack or battle dome.. and just advertise there when u are there...

or would it all be dreams ? i think so.. but would be fun...

Krll
09-12-03, 23:09
um, copbots would KOS anticity wouldnt they? Anyways, if copbots still wouldnt, then why would they leave plaza one in teh first place?

Copbots are not going to KOS anti-city, or not with the next patch anyway.

What we are discussing is that on the test server, lots of the copbots in Plaza 1 have been replaced with CA guards (the ones by the genreps for example), which means that anti-city people going into Plaza 1 are going to get mown down if they stick around.

Which is why they would leave Plaza 1 in favour of Plaza 3 IMO. :)

Originally posted by [TgR]KILLER
or tradeskillers could actually use the skill channels and their ( damn whats the word O.o u know being known ? :/ )

Reputation.

-Krll

Heavyporker
09-12-03, 23:13
well... actually... IF Plaza One becomes unusable, its actually better to use Plaza Four... MANY more shops there... and there's only two NExT guards on the ground, so TGs don't HAVE to stay perma-buffed if they are on the ground level - no need if you stick to Crytons Pit or the Mall Complex (three levels of shops, booyah!)

Plaza Four forever!

Krll
09-12-03, 23:21
well... actually... IF Plaza One becomes unusable, its actually better to use Plaza Four... MANY more shops there... and there's only two NExT guards on the ground, so TGs don't HAVE to stay perma-buffed if they are on the ground level - no need if you stick to Crytons Pit or the Mall Complex (three levels of shops, booyah!)

Plaza Four forever!

To get to Plaza 4 though, you have to pass through Plaza 1 (although I suppose you could subway to Viarosso and then head to Plaza 4, but that's a hell of a long way round).

I'm pretty sure you can run through P1 like I run through PP1 and 2 on the TS without getting nuked, but I think everyone would prefer the easier version which requires no running like hell or massive detours: Plaza 3.

But then if everyone just GRs in and out, then Plaza 4 is viable... depends on how people plan to leave after they've got their work done.

It will be interesting to see what happens. :)

-Krll

Heavyporker
09-12-03, 23:23
kril... I'm suprised you dont know...

there's a GR in Plaza Four, its on the second level of the Mall Complex.

Krll
09-12-03, 23:25
kril... I'm suprised you dont know...

there's a GR in Plaza Four, its on the second level of the Mall Complex.

I covered that thanks...

As I said (but you obviously missed), it depends on how people plan to leave the zone after they've got their work done... if by genrep, then fair enough, if by foot, then it's a lot easier to leave from Plaza 3 than 4.

Why are you (or seem to be) getting so worked up over it anyway Heavy? It's all just a fun bit of speculation until it happens and we see what people do. :)

-Krll

ghandisfury
09-12-03, 23:31
Terminal/Citycom/Info/NCPD added: Runners with Soullight <= -32 can be seen here (name, faction, clan, last location, residence).

Here's another one that nobody seems to care about:D

Heavyporker
09-12-03, 23:50
ghandi... read test server forum, the patch discussion thread.

a LOT of people care.

I firmly believe that ALL -SL runners should be viewable, not the -32 guys.

[TgR]KILLER
10-12-03, 00:00
Originally posted by Krll

Reputation.

-Krll

thanks that was it.. hehe i knew the word but not how to type it :/

what anybody thinks of my vision of the future ? :p scroll up ^^

Judge
10-12-03, 00:26
I think that these changes are..... seriously cool.

Especially the moving copbots, though they should move about twice as fast.

SnowCrash
10-12-03, 10:17
Copbots only react on negative SL and drawn weapons. Nothing more nothing less. ;)