PDA

View Full Version : NC rated 9.7

NeoChick
09-12-03, 02:57
Just found this rating, probably has been posted before but I thought it was neat:

on

http://www.mpogd.com/games/massively.asp?first=N

Neocron rated at 9.7
Neocron
Genre: RPG Time : Real Time
Platform: Windows Player Rating: 9.7
Interface: 3D First Person Software Price: Pay
Client Type: Stand alone Subscription Price: $9.99 per month

ezza
09-12-03, 03:05
neo seems to get a lot of good ratings(most of them are us lot going to the site and voting though)but its never turned ratings into population unfortunatly

GambitFlame
09-12-03, 03:07
lol SWG only gets a 7.8

PWNED

NC > SWG

bounty
09-12-03, 03:09
SWG should be lucky it got that high. If it wasn't STAR WARS i think everyone knows it would have a lower player base than neocron(i know, imagine).

Spectra260
09-12-03, 03:17
i think thats the site where we had almost everyone from the forums go on there and rate it a 5, i think a couple hunfred people ended up voting for it and thats why it was rated number 1 for awhile:D

Candaman
09-12-03, 03:40
oh come on how long till u all realise

NC > ALL

Martin J. Schwiezer
09-12-03, 04:09
It's probably just because we had some banners up at MPOGD.com. How big is that MPOGD site anyway? I mean... do you think that it gets a lot of traffic?

\\Fényx//
09-12-03, 04:32
Originally posted by Martin J. Schwiezer
It's probably just because we had some banners up at MPOGD.com. How big is that MPOGD site anyway? I mean... do you think that it gets a lot of traffic?

:|

never heard of it tbh :lol::(

Det0x
09-12-03, 04:34
9.7 out of three votes, some bastard gave it a nine!

NeoChick
09-12-03, 05:36
Well I was looking at various sites to see if I could see NC on any (yea ok had nothing to do at the office and was bored) and I typed in Multiplayer and got that site as one of the first on the list, so it can't be a bad site, it is one ppl would check out if they were looking for Multiplayer games I suppose

Hey, some bastard gave the game only a 9? may he rot in hell....

I am going there right now to cast my vote

KRIMINAL99
09-12-03, 05:42
lol that site is ghetto if i voted 1 for a game the rating would drop like 5 points.

naimex
09-12-03, 05:43
Neveron

^^ you can say a lot.. but a game like that ^^ WILL not get players..

I mean.. who would pay to play "never-on" =P

I mean seriously.. 100 % server downtime ^^

hinch
09-12-03, 05:49

the game with the longest winning streak on mpogd ever was planetarion (one of my old games) a web based stratergy game we picked up 100k players off that site alone at our high point.

at peak player base there was just should of 300k players and the game its self required 14 servers to run it :)

unfortunatly the funding board decided to make it p2p which then knocked it down to the 8k players it has now but after 4 years its still going so i supposed not completely bad when it was bought out by jolt though i walked away from it all though due to "creator conflicts"

ServeX
09-12-03, 06:26
Originally posted by GambitFlame
lol SWG only gets a 7.8

PWNED

NC > SWG
The scores are based purely on user reviews. And to begin with, reviews mean nothing, a game that is rated 6 stars may be a great game in your opinion while in someone elses mind it may be actually worth those 6 stars, you can't go by reviews 99% of the time.

And thats not to say I'm trying to compare SWG with NC, simpy put I think both are great games. But regardless I don't think that reviews, especially for MMO are generally accurate. And especially since they're always changing due to new content, bug fixes, etc.

El_MUERkO
09-12-03, 13:51
http://www.mmorpg.com

Lots of people go here to look for upcoming betas and expansion info for mmorpgs, its been improving in leaps over the last 4/5 months.

http://rpgvault.ign.com/ and its vault sites http://vault.ign.com/

IGN have a vault site for every major mmorpg, even those that havent gone to beta, with the upcoming release you should do some deals with IGN and get a vault opened, you'll get a very large gaming community to see your game in its best possible light.

Clownst0pper
09-12-03, 14:57
Just my 10 peneth, PCZONE when they reviewed Neocron Loved it, and still highly recommend it.

The only thing which let it down for them was the lack of character classes.

I and 3 of my friends bought it on the strength of there review and havnt looked back since.

Think they gave it 85%

numb
09-12-03, 15:00
Originally posted by hinch
the game with the longest winning streak on mpogd ever was planetarion (one of my old games) a web based stratergy game we picked up 100k players off that site alone at our high point.

at peak player base there was just should of 300k players and the game its self required 14 servers to run it :)

unfortunatly the funding board decided to make it p2p which then knocked it down to the 8k players it has now but after 4 years its still going so i supposed not completely bad when it was bought out by jolt though i walked away from it all though due to "creator conflicts"

I used to play that too for about 2 years (or from round 1 to just before it went p2p) :) I'm glad now that I'm no longer getting SMS messages when I'm out demanding I go home and 'save the galaxy' :) And that I'm not setting my alarm clock for an early 4.45am launch.
Luckily the site (planetarion) is banned at my current place of work.

Original monk
09-12-03, 15:20
when i ever make myself a gamesite i will give neocron a 10/10 okie ? :P

and where di ya found this mmo site ?

Opar
09-12-03, 18:21

Are you putting YOUR neocron down? ^^

shame on you! :D

Zanathos
09-12-03, 18:32
Used to play Planetarion.... That game owned.....

Then I moved to Earth 2025... that game was fun for the first 2 days.....

Used to play this other one....

Ive lost interest in games of that type.

Harch
09-12-03, 20:14
mmorpg.com has a constantly updated list of games. Neocron usualy comes around 3rd or 4th on the list.

hinch
09-12-03, 23:54
Originally posted by Zanathos
Used to play Planetarion.... That game owned.....

what can i say all my games are good :)

starsphere made it to no1 there a few times too :)