PDA

View Full Version : Protopharm needs more enemies

VetteroX
09-12-03, 01:58
PP needs more enemies, or you need to fix the SL system so we can pk neutrals with no penalty and allies with a smaller penalty, or something. So many people are protopharm for the epic, which is ok, I always do the epic, but too many stay pp for hunting, because its almost like having an LE in. TG, BD, CM, TT Chran, all the dangerous people, will leave you alone. Tsunami is a joke on saturn, I dunno about other servers, and next isnt powerful anywhere.

Anyway, nobody should have it as easy as proto does, please give them another enemy.... hopefully it will happen in DoY but id like it to be sooner.

Mumblyfish
09-12-03, 02:00
No. Protopharm are a relatively peaceful business with little to no interest in killing. They seem to be a faction intended for businesspeople. Don't turn every faction into a TG clone, or you may as well just have Red vs Blue.

Scikar
09-12-03, 02:01
So you're out to kill people for making medkits now? :lol:

While I do find it a little annoying when 300 PP runners DM me asking for me to open up a GR for them, I don't really have that much of a problem. If it was a case of PP clans attacking allies/neutrals then yes I would see your point. But making them your enemies just so you can kill more people without losing SL? No. Maybe you can come up with a good RP reason for it, that way you might get some more support.

Jest
09-12-03, 02:03
Actually when I was TG I always really liked PP. They were like our one link into the city. If any one would have sympathized with TG it would be them. I like the way they are.

Though remind me, why are they at war with NEXT and TS again any way?

Dade Murphey
09-12-03, 02:05
See...this is exactly what I was talking about in another thread...no one really gives a damn about faction...beyond what will happen to their SL...they just want to be able to kill everyone...Factions mean shit as it is...so just kill the people anyway...maybe they should just remove the SL and factions all together and just make this CS with character skill...
or they could take out the skill as well and we'll be playing Planetside...and we all know how that sucked...

Mumblyfish
09-12-03, 02:06
Neocron.com saves the day! (http://neocron.com/modules.php?op=modload&name=Guide_Factions&file=protopharm)

Sandra Frasier started a raid on the transport systems company prior to the Great Trek.

Sandra Frasier is CEO of ProtoPharm, FYI.

Madame Veronique in her blind hate for drugs and everything related to them has publicly suspected ProtoPharm numerous times to conduct illegal business whith the Black Dragon Clan. Of course those blatant lies have been dismissed by ProtoPharm spokesmen and in the process the Tsunami Syndicate had to pay an undisclosed amount of money for compensation.

Sorted.

VetteroX
09-12-03, 02:07
well, thats it, NOBODY (almost) can kill them. Just because tHEY want to be quiet business people, dont mean my faction doesnt wanna kill them. I go out pking, see a high level off in the distance, oh boy! damn.. pp. Another. Damnit, pp. raid TG, kill one tg, the rest are PP. Too many people are pp to avoid getting shot at, theres no other faction where you can go anywhere with no fear of people attacked. They dont need to be like tg, but damn, at least give em 3 enemies, 3 should be the minimum for a faction I think.

I have started killing em, but its not worth killng 3 pp and then doing like 7 or 8 missions to get sl up.

Mumblyfish
09-12-03, 02:08
What faction are you in, Vet?

Marx
09-12-03, 02:08
KOS

brought to you by google (http://images.google.com/images?q=kos&hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&safe=off&c2coff=1)

http://www.sitelab.com/HTML/About/jpgs/portraits/kos.jpg

Dade Murphey
09-12-03, 02:10
Vet man...if you wanna kill PP that bad...join NEXT...then you can kill all the PP you want...but their position makes sense...they run a legal drug market...and all the other factions use those drugs...so in order to keep getting what they need they need to make sure that they stay on PP's good side...

Mumblyfish
09-12-03, 02:11
Yeah. Your faction wants PP's drugs. So you be nice to PP.

Welcome to an RPG game. Hope you don't feel too out of place.

Jest
09-12-03, 02:11
Actualy Vet BD has no reason to kill PP. They are your one supplier for drug related stuff. A war with BD and PP would be absurd.

ezza
09-12-03, 02:12
killing the suppliers of the drugs is not the best idea

Mumblyfish
09-12-03, 02:12
Hah! He's Black Dragon? Fuck me, that's even worse! Wanting to kill one of your most valuable assets? Christ... that's like Tangent Tech going postal on CityAdmin.

...Heh...

I'll be laughing about this for weeks...

Dade Murphey
09-12-03, 02:14
So in a way...KK is saying it's bad for you to use drugs and drive...never really thought about that...haha

Psycho Killa
09-12-03, 02:15
I think hes just pointing out the fact that many people chose not to keep there law enforcers in. Though instead of that they start out in the protopharma faction just so they can level in peace then switch over to the faction they intended on being in the first place.

Thats just cheap if u ask me. If you want to be TG or BD or whoever u should deal with the consequences from when ur a noob til ur maxed not when u see its fit to.

Dade Murphey
09-12-03, 02:17
there's a good chance too that a lot of people just want that chip...lotta people do use it after all...might as well start in a faction you know you want the epic from as opposed to having to switch later

ezza
09-12-03, 02:17
they only seem to level in peace cos NEXT and Tsunami dont seem to have any muscle to there faction(at least on saturn)

Dade Murphey
09-12-03, 02:18
I always thought it'd be fun to start a fanatical clan of NEXT on pluto and kill their enemies relentlessly...haha...no one'd see it coming...but it's hard to convince people that it'd be fun and funny, at the same time...hahah

ezza
09-12-03, 02:20
Originally posted by Dade Murphey
I always thought it'd be fun to start a fanatical clan of NEXT on pluto and kill their enemies relentlessly...haha...no one'd see it coming...but it's hard to convince people that it'd be fun and funny, at the same time...hahah

there did used to be a PK NEXT clan on saturn though like the other pker clans they went the way of the dodo

VetteroX
09-12-03, 02:21
The fact is, the faction is flawed because it has too few enemies, therefor people flock to it to level. I always start pp to do the epic, but thenm I switch to bd once I have my pp chip... masny people saty pp, and dont give a shit about the rp aspect, they just want to be almost immune to 95% of neocrons players so they wont be killed.

Maybe they should just make pp resitor and moveon non faction to get, and make new epics for bio and pp, that would be faction restricted, and a new enemy for pp. With all this, id bet anything you would see less people in pp.

and yes, im bd, and no, I dont have enough hostile targets.... no faction does.

ezza
09-12-03, 02:24
maybe they should have another enemy, but it certainly wouldnt make sence for BD to be it.

would of though TG or FA would be the best bet for there 3rd enemy

VetteroX
09-12-03, 02:29
How about chran? according to the story chran has their own scientists (people to make drugs) and im sure something can be worked out to say why they are hostile... say, pp accuses chran of medical experiments on human subjects? I dunno, but they need more enemies. ( btw if this was done id seriously consider going chran)

ezza
09-12-03, 02:31
Originally posted by VetteroX
How about chran? according to the story chran has their own scientists (people to make drugs) and im sure something can be worked out to say why they are hostile... say, pp accuses chran of medical experiments on human subjects? I dunno, but they need more enemies. ( btw if this was done id seriously consider going chran)

yeah crahn didnt think of them, was thinking more of outer city factions.

but yeah crahn would fit the bill, though what is the link that allies crahn and PP atm?

evs
09-12-03, 02:34
I think this guy should go play quake

then he doesnt have to worry about SL, what factions etc - you can shoot who the hell you like in deathmatch.

as has been echoed previously in this thread, this is a RPG.

if a faction has loads of friends due to what it sells - its up to the runner in question if he/she wants to join it.

NOT YOU

many people also go PP due to gr rules which mean they can get to levelling places with ease.

perhaps as you have been capped nigh on aeons that you dont realise how awkward it is for lower runners who dont have massive financial or clan backing to go and level these days.

If PP piss you off so much - pk them anyway.
Suffer the SL loss.
Suffer IN SILENCE for once.

If you want to pk everyone - fine, lose your faction symp and become factionless and pk everyone - or go n play quake.

ezza
09-12-03, 02:36
Originally posted by evs
I think this guy should go play quake

then he doesnt have to worry about SL, what factions etc - you can shoot who the hell you like in deathmatch.

as has been echoed previously in this thread, this is a RPG.

if a faction has loads of friends due to what it sells - its up to the runner in question if he/she wants to join it.

NOT YOU

many people also go PP due to gr rules which mean they can get to levelling places with ease.

perhaps as you have been capped nigh on aeons that you dont realise how awkward it is for lower runners who dont have massive financial or clan backing to go and level these days.

If PP piss you off so much - pk them anyway.
Suffer the SL loss.
Suffer IN SILENCE for once.

If you want to pk everyone - fine, lose your faction symp and become factionless and pk everyone - or go n play quake.

if you go faction less you are allied/neutral with all, other wise im sure Vet and a number of others would be factionless

evs
09-12-03, 02:38
i conceed that point then ezza - fair enough.

VetteroX
09-12-03, 02:55
Im sick of the go play quake bullshit. Ive literaly, explained this proably 25, 30 times, but here it goes, AGAIN.

Quake: go around and shoot everyone.

NC: Build a good character, using you skills to build a powerful killer. Building a good char, that you build yourself and is unique to you, is more fun then killing with the same char and gun everyone else has.

NC you get items when you kill people, and its a continuous world.

NC is a bigger adrenaline rush, in NC if i raid mb or TG, I KNOW a huge force is gonna come and attempt to stop me... and I wanna kill as many people as I can and not die. In quake, big deal if you die, spawn back and run over your fav gun, and your back in the battle.

The hunt is just more thrilling in NC.

In NC, you can be the bad guy maniac killer.... its "wrong" to kill people, and its fun having that criminal aspect... in quake, you are suppost to kill people, no criminal aspect.

TBH, if in planetside you could build you chars, I might be playing that.... but you cant. I like being smarter and more skilled then others in my ability to build chars, and beating them with my own creations, in planetside, your all the same solder, just a slightly diff gun and skill proficentcy. Every atribute point in NC counts... and I know how to use em.

evs
09-12-03, 03:01
perhaps you should be playing endlessages instead.
you can kill who the hell you like in that
plus you become revered for the more you kill
and armour/wep combinations are like a character setup
you also level up in the skills you favour the most.

anyyyyyyway

i just dont see why they should change the nc gameworld so you can pk anyone you feel like
the game is governed by rules
without rules chaos ensues
rp'ing a mass murderer is one way of playing nc, but if you break the nc rules and society - you are going to suffer - just like you would if you started killing people in the real world.

perhaps now you can see my point

Dade Murphey
09-12-03, 03:02
The fact is, the faction is flawed because it has too few enemies, therefor people flock to it to level. I always start pp to do the epic, but thenm I switch to bd once I have my pp chip... masny people saty pp, and dont give a shit about the rp aspect, they just want to be almost immune to 95% of neocrons players so they wont be killed.

Maybe they should just make pp resitor and moveon non faction to get, and make new epics for bio and pp, that would be faction restricted, and a new enemy for pp. With all this, id bet anything you would see less people in pp.

and yes, im bd, and no, I dont have enough hostile targets.... no faction does.

if it really bothers you that people are in PP and don't really have many enemies...join NEXT and kill them or get over it and move on...too many people will whine and complain but don't do anything to remedy thier situation...the faction set up of PP is logical from a role playing perspective...WHY would they have that many enemies...a crime syndicate and a company that probably doesn't like people getting doped up and using their vehicles...that all makes sense...all the other factions use their drugs...and probably enjoy it...and it helps with certain things that pertain to all the other factions...from a role play perspective it's sensible...from a perspective of someone who just wants to be able to kill more people with out having to fuck up his soul lite...it's probably annoying...wonder which catagory you fall into?

VetteroX
09-12-03, 03:24
Butt things in NC arent like they are today.... think of it as the old west in america. If you were an awesome gunman, you could kill whoever the hell you wanted. (I know this actually happened much more rarely then the moveis suggest, but still, there were cases of it) Sure, they would come after you but when you go out into the plains or desert, good luck catching you. Then its off to the next town or to rob a train. The best thing they could do back then was kill you in the act or draw a pic of you and pic reward next to it, but if your wearing a mask and are a great fighter, whos gonna stop you? That all changed when the population grew, society got more organised, and there were sophisticated detectives.

Look at my other thread about SL, you should be able to kill whoever you want, but, you get a bounty put on you head, and people hunt you down.

Dade Murphey
09-12-03, 03:28
It's not really killing whoever you wanted...look how many famous gunmen/robbers would gunned down/hanged etc...you were pretty much a hunted man after a while...

SL should go...Factions should be boosted in importance...and faction guards should stop being sissies...though if the test server is any indication guards are getting a mega boost...now to just make factions mean something

IceStorm
09-12-03, 04:51
The fact is, the faction is flawed because it has too few enemies, therefor people flock to it to level.
The only useful thing Derisor ever posted was a Faction Grid (http://neocron.jafc.de/showthread.php?s=&threadid=50352&highlight=faction+chart), which shows who is allied, hostile, and neutral to each other. You may want to study it a bit before stating that PP has "too few" enemies. N.E.X.T. and City Mercs also have just two hostile factions, and Diamond Real Estate has only one hostile faction. PP has too few enemies? I take it you'd like N.E.X.T., CM, and DRE hostilites bumped up, too?

Has it ever occured to you that some of us choose certain factions, and play those factions, because of their less-than-hostile natures?

In NC, you can be the bad guy maniac killer.... its "wrong" to kill people, and its fun having that criminal aspect... in quake, you are suppost to kill people, no criminal aspect.
I recall you posting something recently about Neocron not being a game for those not wanting to PK or PvP. This implies that one is "supposed to kill people", which you now state above is not true in your defence of the difference between your NC playstyle and Quake... Which is it? Are you going to accept that there are people who don't want to partake in PK/PvP, or are you going to insist that everyone do so? Either way, one of your two arguments is invalidated...

Shadow Dancer
09-12-03, 06:33
I disagree with Vet about pp needing more enemies.

What I do think, is that having red SL should be more viable. Currently no person wanting to be a PKer is going to realisticly stay with Red SL.

NeoChick
09-12-03, 06:45
Didn't MSJ say something somewhere about some deadly drug and wasnt that distributed by PP, tried to find the thread but couldn't find it

Weren't Proto the guys that are distributing or will distribute that Spirula Drug?

Anyway, I was Proto and still couldn't genrep to TG areas except the main base and since I like the TG areas best for hunting etc and TG in general, I simply became TG
Anyway, it's nice to be in the strongest faction of NC (ok flame me now :D )

IceStorm
09-12-03, 07:37
TG's only the biggest faction because it's the easiest to PK with AND the TGs can still access their 10-cabinet NC apartments. If they flipped the CopBots over tomorrow to shooting all non-City factions, you'd see a mass exodus from TG simply due to the lack of storage space in TG apartments. :-)

Goodies are more important than mowing down people.

StryfeX
09-12-03, 07:46
Originally posted by NeoChick
Didn't MSJ say something somewhere about some deadly drug and wasnt that distributed by PP, tried to find the thread but couldn't find it

Weren't Proto the guys that are distributing or will distribute that Spirula Drug?PP did distribute the Spirula drug, but it was taken off the market due to causing lots of mutations.

In the epic, a second version of the Spirula drug almost gets re-introduced, but you stop it. Although the second version is actually beneficial and does not cause mutations. The PP Resistor chip is based off of the drug.

Am I a geek or what? :p

--Stryfe

PP is just fine as it is. The role is perfect for a big drug company providing medical supplies to most of the current world.

Also, even though the faction grid says that PP and TS are hostile, in my experience, we usually just leave each other alone. It's fairly rare that I got attacked by or would attack a PP runner. Hell, I don't think I ever attacked a PP runner out of anything other than self-defense.

superfresh
09-12-03, 08:40
Think of Protopharm as a sanctuary faction. It's particularly good for levelling a character, new players learning the game, and of course the PP chip. Not bad for players who are pure PvM either.

09-12-03, 12:14
Vet one minute you are saying the SL system has to go, and the next minute you are saying that you should be able to have a bounty on your head for being a 'bad man'

Has it not occured to you that this is _exactly_ what the SL system is?

You kill the wrong people, your SL goes down, the CopBots kick your ass - sounds exactly like what you want.

Oh and you do build a character in Planetside....its called certs

('building a character' is a polite way of saying you get to powerlevel to a point where you can attack lower level runners with no risk to yourself - please dont try to dress it up as something it isnt)

ezza
09-12-03, 15:30
Originally posted by IceStorm
The only useful thing Derisor ever posted was a Faction Grid (http://neocron.jafc.de/showthread.php?s=&threadid=50352&highlight=faction+chart), which shows who is allied, hostile, and neutral to each other. You may want to study it a bit before stating that PP has "too few" enemies. N.E.X.T. and City Mercs also have just two hostile factions, and Diamond Real Estate has only one hostile faction. PP has too few enemies? I take it you'd like N.E.X.T., CM, and DRE hostilites bumped up, too?

Has it ever occured to you that some of us choose certain factions, and play those factions, because of their less-than-hostile natures?

I recall you posting something recently about Neocron not being a game for those not wanting to PK or PvP. This implies that one is "supposed to kill people", which you now state above is not true in your defence of the difference between your NC playstyle and Quake... Which is it? Are you going to accept that there are people who don't want to partake in PK/PvP, or are you going to insist that everyone do so? Either way, one of your two arguments is invalidated...

if thats the only useful thing he did then he need not have bothered, DRE have BD as enemy and TG, which he has got wrong on his little chart:rolleyes:

Strych9
09-12-03, 15:53
Quake: go around and shoot everyone.

NC: Build a good character, using you skills to build a powerful killer. Building a good char, that you build yourself and is unique to you, is more fun then killing with the same char and gun everyone else has.

NC you get items when you kill people, and its a continuous world.

NC is a bigger adrenaline rush, in NC if i raid mb or TG, I KNOW a huge force is gonna come and attempt to stop me... and I wanna kill as many people as I can and not die. In quake, big deal if you die, spawn back and run over your fav gun, and your back in the battle.

The hunt is just more thrilling in NC.

In NC, you can be the bad guy maniac killer.... its "wrong" to kill people, and its fun having that criminal aspect... in quake, you are suppost to kill people, no criminal aspect.You forgot this..

NC: You actually play a role and are supposed to adhere to alliances. This may remove your ability to kill someone without penalty, but the same rules that prohibit you from killing runner A without penalty also allow you to kill runner B without any negative consequences.

Every faction has allies and enemies. If you arent happy with your current enemies, best thing to do is switch factions. Or, learn to tolerate missions, and then kill with impunity as you seem to want to do.

But it isnt necessary to try and undo or ignore the roles the factions have. BD would never attack PP, cause its their business. As others have pointed out, that simply makes no sense. If that doesnt matter to you at all, and it seems it doesnt, then maybe a non-RPG would suit your needs better. Roles are key in a RPG.