PDA

View Full Version : [BRAINPORT] Melee PA changes

\\Fényx//
09-12-03, 00:16
ok, well ive lommed to melee, gotta say for PvM im damn impressed, was in a team with 2 APUs and m melee tank was getting looting rights 8| however after fighting in PvP a couple of times, ive noticed the main problem. Parashock.

A melee tank has a top range of 10m or something like that, may sound alot, however youve pretty much gotta be standing so close to your opponent that their girlfriends gonna think you 2 are upto something O_o

So heres what I suggest

Add a new tank PA, make the req's at the current str req's but needing a certain ammount of melee etc so that a pure HC tanks cant use it and get outta parashock.

Make the PA add NO RESIST BONUSES, But make it so that the melee tank wearing it can not be parashocked, make it minus ALOT of HC, so like -80 HC for PA1, -100 for PA2, -120 for PA3 -140 for PA4, this stops high end HC tanks from using it.

Im pretty fuckin sure that nobody out there can argue for something like this for a melee tank, we do next to do damage to someone thats buffed how it currently stands, holy def negates prett much all damage, I was hitting a self buffed PE for 7 damage a go, a tank for 4 a hit with foreign cast holy shelt on him, tanks have like ~550 health O_o

Against unbuffed people, its 'ok' damage, not great unless their a unbuffed APU or a kami user, but that's not 'normal' now is it :p

so lets recap

new 'antishock melee PA'

Adds no resists.
adds no melee.
takes away a heavy ammount of HC to keep it melee only
makes the melee tank wearing it immune to parashock (cause a para'd melee tank may aswell kill_self)

Whaddya think ?

Psycho Killa
09-12-03, 00:19
I think with the new patches this issue will be mostly solved.

You get Fifteen percent damage boost.

And a range fix.

Not to mention parashocks cast rate is gonna be pretty low also. In addition with quicker shock pills this will probly be unneccesary. I like the idea but it might not be neccesart.

\\Fényx//
09-12-03, 00:25
Originally posted by Psycho Killa

And a range fix.

Not to mention parashocks cast rate is gonna be pretty low also. In addition with quicker shock pills this will probly be unneccesary. I like the idea but it might not be neccesart.

The range afaik wasnt changed, they made it like 2m range before and the range was 'fixed' by putting at back as it currently is

Melee range sucks, thats cause its melee, they already have ''unrealistic'' range, however with melee cause of the netcode and the engine etc, if something is running away from you, dont bother attacking, damage doesent register, atall...

The damage boost would be nice, 15% eh, thats from 7 damage to 9 on a self buffed PE O_o

Dribble Joy
09-12-03, 00:26
It doesn't matter how long it takes to cast.
It doesn't matter how much mana it uses.
It doesn't matter how short the range is.
Once the ppu has clicked on you and started the spell you might as well die and give his hacker your QB.
Shocks need to be removed.

If not, then this is a nice idea.

Psycho Killa
09-12-03, 00:29
Increased serverside melee range by 10%.

I beleive serverside check was the problem with melee in the first place... maybe this will work.. maybe not but im sure they will tweak it until it does work.

shodanjr_gr
09-12-03, 00:32
Just remove parashock totally.

And yep thats coming from a pPU.

Omnituens
09-12-03, 01:09
i like this idea.

GO FOR THE LEGS NOW!!!!!!

Lareolan
09-12-03, 01:28

And a range fix.

ROFL! 15%? Do you realize how much 15% is when added to 4 damage you do to a tank? Or 15% to add to 7 damage you do to a PE?

Heh, if anything, melee needs about 200% damage boost, then you can forget about the parashock PA, maybe...
Read my reply to this thread (http://neocron.jafc.de/showthread.php?s=&threadid=82061&perpage=30&pagenumber=2).

Psycho Killa
09-12-03, 01:30
Combine that with the amount of times u actualy will be able to hit them now and it definatelt adds up.

Even if it only adds 1 damage to a swing in pvp thats 92 extra damage u can do in a minute.

Lets not forget this is the test server. If the damage increase still isnt enough they still can boost it more. Calmdown.

Jest
09-12-03, 01:38
Decent idea but I think we need to wait for the test server patches to hit retail before we "fix" melee more.

Oh and can any one say Heavy Kami tank wearing Melee PA with massive points in run speed? :p

\\Fényx//
09-12-03, 01:51
Originally posted by Jest
Decent idea but I think we need to wait for the test server patches to hit retail before we "fix" melee more.

Oh and can any one say Heavy Kami tank wearing Melee PA with massive points in run speed? :p

When thinkin about it, as it adds nothing, there would only need to be one PA, like 115 str or whateva, make it negate like 150-200 HC so that even with a kami in, 40 HC aint gonna be giving you much more than a unlabled lasercannon :P

VetteroX
09-12-03, 01:53
I say no. I pked a melee tank yesturday, and he put up a pretty good fight to my surprise. prashock should be eliminated, but it wont be, and I dont think melee tanks should be immune to it if nobody else will be. let KK make them better slowly... you get a 15% damage increase for now. If they get too many improvments too fast soon we will have a new flavor of the quarter year and everyone will be a melee tank.

Marx
09-12-03, 02:01
Heh, if anything, melee needs about 200% damage boost

No, it doesn't. Melee already does outstanding damage... Whats needed are mods so Melee people could work around peoples super resist combos... Melee only comes in Force/Energy, so in most cases we'll do shit damage to most people.

everyone will be a melee tank

That would kickass.

Dribble Joy
09-12-03, 02:02
Melee really isn't that bad, I saw two CS tanks go down to a lvl 48 ceres blade wielding melee tank. Not at the same time, but still O_o

\\Fényx//
09-12-03, 02:41
Originally posted by Dribble Joy
Melee really isn't that bad, I saw two CS tanks go down to a lvl 48 ceres blade wielding melee tank. Not at the same time, but still O_o

Melee's pretty good, however like Marx said, the damage type is another factor, pretty much every class as ALOT of energy and force resist, plus when you get shelters or deflectors of any kind, it pretty much negates any damage you would do, against a spy in my clan unbuffed i was doing 32 a hit to him with DG, All he put on was a basic deflector and I was doing THREE a hit O_o!

Against a unbuffed opponent, its good, APUs go down normally in ~6 hits from a POB, a self buffed PE is pretty much invulnerable to melee :[

Psycho Killa
09-12-03, 03:09
Originally posted by \\Fényx//
32 a hit to him with DG, All he put on was a basic deflector and I was doing THREE a hit O_o!

That just flat out sounds like a bug. Deflector would only affect half the damage at most since its part energy. Deflector also shouldnt lower the pierce force part that much.

\\Fényx//
09-12-03, 03:25
That just flat out sounds like a bug. Deflector would only affect half the damage at most since its part energy. Deflector also shouldnt lower the pierce force part that much.

well it was 'braindead' that i was hitting, was hurting before he put deflector up, then i was doing 3-8 damage

Also what the fuck is with random damage from melee and APU ?!? On my screen it shows random when im hitting stuff with melee, yet on someone elses screen they see me doing stady damage to the mob O_o

Shadow Dancer
09-12-03, 06:38
Melee doesn't do enough damage, and melee misses alot. It didn't do much damage to my unbuffed kami hybrid, and I was able to dodge it so easily. Fenix, :p.

So yea melee needs some work, I don't think anti parashock will help much. Anyways parashock is being fixed in the patch. Won't it be like 150 mana? :eek:

SovKhan
09-12-03, 06:44
parashock isnt beeing fixed or nerfed in the next patch as long as they are implamenting the test server patch.

105 -> 70 min ROF (still can cast 1 in less then a second)
69 mana to use (laughable)
range nerf on all beem spels (not to big an issue for parashock)
the % of parasock isnt going to be changed as long as they only cross over the patch from the test server.

Shadow Dancer
09-12-03, 06:46
I thought parashock costs 150 mana now?

EDIT: Yea I just checked. They increased it in patch 218, then increased it again in patch 219.

SovKhan
09-12-03, 06:52
well if its 150 mana then it is a bit of a nerf, i havnt played TS since they had neffered the rez innitially.

\\Fényx//
17-12-03, 18:17
Sorry for the bump, the threads only a couple of days old tho, and i feel its still a valid subject.

Ive real shads thread here (http://neocron.jafc.de/showthread.php?s=&threadid=85062) and he's hit the nail on the head, the problem is that melee damage is allrite, against someone with 0 resists O_o its just the damage types that melee does is energy, pierce and force, the 3 that EVERYONE has specced highest

Anyway other comments about the general feeling that melee PA should take away all forms of parashock is that HC tanks would wear it, well heres a new idea, as stated earlier in this thread :rolleyes: make melee PA's minus ALOT of HC, that way it makes it impossible for a HC tank to take advantage of this. I personally feel that melee damage is nearly there, all it needs is a fire/xray mod for laserswords and a poison mod for all lowtech knives and claws.

Parashock is THE death of melee, it makes a melee tank just scenery unless youve got a quickbelt of antistuns . . . Melee range is utter shite, thats understandable as its melee lol but parashock means that a 0/2 nublet can run away from you fast enough to make the server cock up the distance between you so that damage doesent actually register :rolleyes:

Anyway sorry about bumping this post, its better than making a new one eh :angel:

Jesterthegreat
17-12-03, 18:20
my wyatt earp has similar range... can my spy please be immune to parashock too?

Marx
17-12-03, 19:10
Originally posted by Jesterthegreat
my wyatt earp has similar range... can my spy please be immune to parashock too?

You're not forced to rely on short range. You can easily use another pistol.

:rolleyes:

But I agree that the parashock idea is pretty http://neocron.jafc.de/images/icons/icon13.gif

Psyco Groupie
17-12-03, 19:22
you would have to have a minus on rifle / pistol too - a rifle tank with 100 con that cant be parashocked might be kinda powerful :D

Super Mario
17-12-03, 19:47
Well as far as i have seen melee was suppose to be intended for HC tanks as well (hybrid tanks) as the melee buffs with imps is damn high i think that melee should be stronger as a solo thing E.g i know HC tanks that can nearly cap all melee weps as well as nearly capping HC stuff with not much hassle. you have all other classes pe's monks spys they all have sepreate things they can be good in Pc Rc PPU Apu ect so why not make melee better all round then ppl can play them as solo chars and not have as much bother and if they want to hybrid they would get a slight nerf as monk hybrids have got.

and the melee buff with imps is about +96 or so so they can use alot of the high lvl melee weps on imps alone