PDA

View Full Version : Anti buff

Ferabukoo
08-12-03, 23:50
Since ppu's will soon be rezzing people at 40 seconds a pop. I say that the holy anti buff should be moved to about 30 seconds, and all apu ROF moved to 60 at the most. The hl does enough damage as is, so we need to BALANCE IT and move it to 60 rof.

Leebzie
08-12-03, 23:51
But Anti-buff isnt really that great as it is (or im just a bad apu ^_^)

Dont Mess
08-12-03, 23:53
omfg u stole my post lol I WAS JUST ABOUT TO POST THAT I SWEAR. no jokes ffs make it longer na make it 40 even i dont care thats stupid 40 second rezz.KK NO 1 FUKIN LIKES IT PLZ JUST TAKE IT BAK.10-15 second is ok but 40 sec takes the piss so increase antibuff time my noob apu casts holy antibuff faster then my capped ppu. thats just wrong.

Dont Mess
08-12-03, 23:54
Originally posted by Leebzie
But Anti-buff isnt really that great as it is (or im just a bad apu ^_^)

my apu casts holy anibuff in like 6 secs not sure of thats good or not, altho speed 12 casts his rezz in 6 seconds aswell

Leebzie
08-12-03, 23:55
Its just u have to get in close, and by the time u casted it and hammered poison in an started ur HL attack... hes healing up and antipoisioned...

There was a ppu (sorry , cant rememeber your name) and he asked me to try and kill him. And i tried , and tried , and tried... antibuffing when I thought he would least suspect it and attacking with different combinations. (we were both stationary)

I hadnt quite capped my HL, thats true, or my apu, but I was close to and was well capable of handling my Holy Antibuff.

Dont Mess
09-12-03, 00:00
yeh takes atleast 3 apus 2 kill my ppu even with anti buff mayb 4 but no im just saying while the ppu rezzes u can kill him easy and u dont need 2 be close its got a good range

Ferabukoo
09-12-03, 00:04
I MEAN OBVIOUSLY IF IT IS GOING TO TAKE A PPU 40 SECONDS TO REZ SOMONE IT SHOULD ATLEAST TAKE AN APU 30 SECONDS TO CAST ANTI SHELTER.. AND THE ROF ON AN APU IS JUST WAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY TOOOOOOOO MUCH NEEDS TO BE BALANCED IMO. 60 WOULD DO GREAT. THEY JUST HIT TO FAST

Scikar
09-12-03, 00:06
HAB is not the counter to ressurect, it's the counter to Deflector, Shelter, and Heal. In order to nerf HAB, you'll have to nerf S/D/H.

Opar
09-12-03, 00:09
@Dont Mess - please use your '.' button. Its kind of hard to read your messages. Its like a 5 year old with no gramamr skills has invaded my monitor.

Anyway, i dont like the idea, 30 seconds for HAB? youd be dead in 30 seconds.

Ferabukoo
09-12-03, 00:10
OMG THEN IF YOU DIED... YOU COULD GET A PPU TO REZ YOU IN 40 SECONDS...

YOU EVER THOUGHT THAT YOU MIGHT DIE TRYING TO REZ SOMONE.... PEOPLE HAVE 40 SECONDS TO SHOOT AT A PPU WHILE REZZING WHY NOT BEING THE MAIN KILLER OF THE PPU THE 'HAB' TAKE LONGER...

Scikar
09-12-03, 00:14
Because HAB is not the counter to ressurection. And if HAB took >30 seconds you'd only be able to use it when the PPU ressurects. It's the APU who should decide when to use HAB, not the PPU.

Dont Mess
09-12-03, 00:16
Originally posted by Opar
@Dont Mess - please use your '.' button. Its kind of hard to read your messages. Its like a 5 year old with no gramamr skills has invaded my monitor.

Anyway, i dont like the idea, 30 seconds for HAB? youd be dead in 30 seconds.

SORRY i just type fast and dont look

40$Poser
09-12-03, 00:16
your caps lock is on...

and no, rof on apu spells is fine as is. It's bad enough that we don't have self defense like deflector and shelter.

Ferabukoo
09-12-03, 00:17
WELL THEY MIGHT AS WELL AS TAKE REZ OUT OF THE GAME..

NO PPU CAN STAND STILL FOR MORE THAN 10 SECONDS TAKING FIRE FROM MORE THAN 3.. AND IF YOU CAN I WOULD LIKE TO SEE THIS...

Scikar
09-12-03, 00:18
You're not supposed to rez under fire. That's the whole point.

Oh and posting in caps and making little sense is doing nothing but work against your argument.

Ferabukoo
09-12-03, 00:18
CAPS IS THE WORD OF THEY DAY.. FROM NOW ON ALL POSTS WILL BE DONE IN CAPS KTHX

Keiron
09-12-03, 00:31
Originally posted by Ferabukoo
Since ppu's will soon be rezzing people at 40 seconds a pop. I say that the holy anti buff should be moved to about 30 seconds, and all apu ROF moved to 60 at the most. The hl does enough damage as is, so we need to BALANCE IT and move it to 60 rof.

The idea of the longer rez is to prevent a PPU from standing around with his teammate yelling bugger off like it is ATM. This is how is should have been, this is how it will be. Accept that you're going to have to work like a team from now on or stop rez'ing people.

CAPS IS THE WORD OF THEY DAY.. FROM NOW ON ALL POSTS WILL BE DONE IN CAPS KTHX
As for the caps, bugger off noob. You just look like a complete fool when you do that.

=Chojin=
09-12-03, 00:53
WELL THEY MIGHT AS WELL AS TAKE REZ OUT OF THE GAME..

NO PPU CAN STAND STILL FOR MORE THAN 10 SECONDS TAKING FIRE FROM MORE THAN 3.. AND IF YOU CAN I WOULD LIKE TO SEE THIS...

ive seeen it lol when fuzzypsi was a ppu i was dead in pp1 just inside and he came in with not a brilliant rez and just moved about while rezzing me he was shot to shit but he survived...maybey the 56k owns us all lol...... he has a better connection now tho.

Ch0

Ghard
09-12-03, 01:29
well the ppu has the option to cancel rez if he/she sees an antibuf, all u have to do is switch spell and u can defend again.

it means no more rezzing a group of people while ure getting hamered by 4 or 5 tanks and god know how many others, instead a ppu will have to rez after the fight or once the fighting moves away from some dead ppl. In all it means more people are gona gr and get reset up cause it prob work out faster.

as for caving well yeah it will sux if all the team dies but then that only usualy hapens when everyone takes greater chances cause there is a ppu there, and any way last time i caved the ppu took like 20 secs to rez any way so meh.

oh and your keyboards broke might want to check that the shift key didnt get chewing gum stuck in it again.

Shadow Dancer
09-12-03, 06:42
There's one tiny difference you missed ferabukoo, antibuff is actually meant to be used in combat. lol

SovKhan
09-12-03, 06:50
eh when im rezzing antibuff isnt the main concern its the enemy ppu or pe casting tl25 shelter on me i worry about.

KimmyG
09-12-03, 07:26
The reason rez time is increased is so you cant be pop a rez in combat. So rez when no-one is there noob and you wont need to worry about the anti-sheild.

.Cyl0n
09-12-03, 07:29
nvm...

when ppl cant para the ppu anymore... its even harder to kill em so a lower HAB rof would make it even worse...

i think ppus are more powerful after the next patch anyway ;)

.cy

SigmaDraconis
09-12-03, 07:33
Yea HAB really shouldnt be changed..the point of the nerf was to force a PPU to cancel rez if he came under attack by an APU.... which is GREAT in an OP fight...makes people actually rely on their skills (even the PPU) more, knowing they dont have an easy rez waiting if they fuck up.

Yet it completely sucks...ass....outside of an OP environment, for umm obvious reasons.

TheEnemy
09-12-03, 10:08
Solution to rezz problems - make it cause about 10-20% synaptic to the dead person who just got rezzed. This will prevent those fights where the ppus keep bouncing each other and their fighters back from the dead, cos synaptic'ed people can't surive as effectively. And it will mean dying has some penalty even if it is lessened by being rezzed instead of respawning.

Original monk
09-12-03, 10:17
i think there fucking up there own game, its like i told em: nerf the ppu and the imbalances will rise: im holding my breath allready for one of the biggest screwups after the genreprules, loms and certainly not to forget: the HYBRIDNERF...

Phönyx
09-12-03, 10:37
Why the hell you want a HAB nerf? you cant compare a rezz and a HAB!

Rezzing is no combat tactic, HAB is one, thats what its meant to be.

Dont scream for a nerf just because your class gets a nerf8|

Original monk
09-12-03, 10:52
phonix: i hope that you realise that the apu's are the next ones to be nerfed after the ppunerf :)

Monk-o-cron involves both apu's and ppu's (and maybe soon hybrids again)

Phönyx
09-12-03, 10:55
Sure, but i am no apu;)

I am a simple minded tank bitch:D

and before the tanks get nerfed again its up to nerf the pes and spies:)

evs
09-12-03, 11:25
, and all apu ROF moved to 60 at the most. The hl does enough damage as is, so we need to BALANCE IT and move it to 60 rof.

erm how well thought out.
must have spent days on that one.

move all rof to 60.....

yes so everyone thats levelling with low level spells are essentially buggered to do any damage to anything.

have you seen what rof 60 is like on a holy enr bolt?

monks will be spending double the amount of time in sewers / poor levelling areas as they wont be able to do enough damage in a significant amount of time without dying.

apu' rof as the most offensive class in the game is fine, its the range that needs tweaking.

it's why without a ppu apu's drop like a sack o crap in pvp.

KimmyG
09-12-03, 17:23
How bout keep it to what it is and have it so once you get killed in an op war your really taken out of an op war. Untill you GR or your force takes enough control of the area for you to get rez'ed. Even though I fo beilieve 40 a bit harsh maybe a little less time but not much.

All this really means is a ppu will no longer be able to be under fire from 4 runnners and get a rez of and live it.