PDA

View Full Version : New Pepperline Petition

KimmyG
08-12-03, 22:23
Ok lets see if it will poll

Move the sewer from the front of pepper one by the plaza line to in the back near the med center or in the med centre nice and easy for nibs to pop up and get med supplys and treatment. This will allow lvling and prevent its hinderence to pvp.

This is not remove all pepper sewers.

Or remove the sewer now.

Happy? Please feel free to explain how this is bad if the zone is still there and just moved.

Mumblyfish
08-12-03, 22:26
Three threads.

Three threads.

Repeat after me - One is enough.

Three... duplicate... threads...

GOD!

Edit: Since the other thread is locked, might as well start where we left off.

Better idea - Swarm the Pepper Park side of the Plaza border with Copbots, so anyone fighting anywhere near the zoneline is obliterated.

It's more practical too, easier for GMs to spawn cops than KK to edit the maps.

Or will that kill your uber-PvP?

KimmyG
08-12-03, 22:28
Originally posted by Mumblyfish
Three threads.

Three threads.

Repeat after me - One is enough.

Three... duplicate... threads...

GOD!

Had to reword it.

Then the poll wasn't working.

This is the final one.

Anyway to what you said last more copbots soon there will be more near zero copbots.

Mumblyfish
08-12-03, 22:28
Which will make it easier for people to fight on the zoneline.

WOW! GO IRONY!

Glok
08-12-03, 22:30
HAHAHA. Again I get to say, 'who cares?' Sure, remove the sewer. Then people will fight closer to the P3 zoneline. That is all, thanks.

KimmyG
08-12-03, 22:30
Go now that it is changed from removed to just moved back a bit to a place that would make it a lot better for lower lvlers what is the problem with it?

@glok most people wait behind the wall forceing people to venture in a bit with this zone gone it would make the zoneing alot more difficult and greatly improve fighting.

Glok
08-12-03, 22:34
Ok. I haven't fought in pepper much so I don't really know in detail about how it works. Even in beta I fought OP wars (did you know you lost SL for runner kills in OP wars back then?)... anyways, carry on, I won't mess up your thread any more. :)

KimmyG
08-12-03, 22:35
I want to hear valid opinions. Its just with it moved it doubles the zoneing distance. For all partys myself inculded.

shodanjr_gr
08-12-03, 22:42
Seems perfectly logical. Noobs wont interfere with PVP going on that way. No damage done to them, none of our sl lost that way. Swarming PP with coppers aint good imho, they may give the noobs some protection but they are gonna interfere with all the pvp going on there.

g0rt
08-12-03, 22:46
Originally posted by shodanjr_gr
Seems perfectly logical. Noobs wont interfere with PVP going on that way. No damage done to them, none of our sl lost that way. Swarming PP with coppers aint good imho, they may give the noobs some protection but they are gonna interfere with all the pvp going on there.

[Edited for violation of forum rules - Flaming]

Mumblyfish
08-12-03, 22:48
Originally posted by g0rt
[Edited for consistancy]

What does that mean?

[Edited for violation of forum rules - flaming]

amfest
08-12-03, 22:48
Even in beta I fought OP wars (did you know you lost SL for runner kills in OP wars back then?)...

yes you did .. .but you had to kill quite a many people if you had super duper good soul light to get down to negatives :D

KimmyG
08-12-03, 22:49
What does that mean?

[Edited for consistancy]

I think it is because you argument was low lvls like it for lvling yet if it was moved to a better place for lowbies you still are opposed why I dont know?

Hmm still 6-3 what can you do. Maybe and hopefully what MJS is suggesting in his threads is that they remember what the rulesets where back when pluto player count was up so high.

Mumblyfish
08-12-03, 22:52
Because it's a case of... and I quote...

Come on Mumbly, you can't expect them to move... no, no... the world must move for them.

-Krll

If you don't like it, move further down Pepper Park. Get away from the Plaza zoneline. And when the Copbots go, you can hold zoneline-free fights in Pepper Park Sec-2. Why don't you try to be the remedy to the solution by not fighting at the border, rather than expecting the world to change for you?

KimmyG
08-12-03, 22:55
Because it's a case of... and I quote...
If you don't like it, move further down Pepper Park. Get away from the Plaza zoneline. And when the Copbots go, you can hold zoneline-free fights in Pepper Park Sec-2. Why don't you try to be the remedy to the solution by not fighting at the border, rather than expecting the world to change for you?

Why dont you go do that and see if it works OK? Saying thatm show you have ZERO yes that is ZERO clue how pepper works so good game try it and tell me how it works for you. But I know how it works and my sugestion is the remedy so GG.

g0rt
08-12-03, 22:58
Mumbly maybe if you faught in pp1 you would know that people don't move in unless they feel 100% secure. Trying pvping and you might learn something.

Mumblyfish
08-12-03, 23:09
Then the problem isn't the map. It's the people.

ezza
08-12-03, 23:09
who cares about PP1, once copbots are gone, PP2 and 3 are gonna be better places to fight

Mumblyfish
08-12-03, 23:11
Originally posted by ezza
who cares about PP1, once copbots are gone, PP2 and 3 are gonna be better places to fight

KimmyG
08-12-03, 23:30

Sure no plaza 3 safe zone line is no go.

Matthew.v.smith
08-12-03, 23:54
have to agree with KimmyG (even tho he found it upon himself to swear at me over Trade channel for no reason )
I had jost zoned out of the sewers after i was testing a sword on the mutants for fun.
i came out and got attacked by a No0b tank with an unlabled Plasma cannon.
i tottaly walloped here in 2 CS bursts causing her to lose half HP
and 1 more burst took her to a Quarter.
she then legged it down the sewers and repeatedly zone hopped up and down up and down etc healing as she did it.
she then was on about full health again so the fight went on...again she zone hopped in sewers with me on her tail.

eventually I had to run and heal.

after her flooding me with noob messages (she couldent type to save her life) i went back in again and made her zone run AGAIN
it was getting tedious.

after a long fight i had to zone hop for the first time.
she was on my tail for the first time as well but i couldent help thinking i wouldent be doing this had she not done it in the first place.

eventually i attacked a PE who was buffing her and watching me and calling me stuff and my life got ended by the cops!!!
needless to say I was very annoyed.
when I came back for my belt I was again flooded with crap about me "getting owned" and "you owned me??? hahahaha"
and they diddent exactly have bragging rights cause the pe was higher rank than me and in 1 CS burst it took him to half health lol!.

anyway.

point of thread (remove Sewer if possible its not essential but it will help sort the men from the boys in propper PP fights)
and(Remove the meddlesome cops which is going to happen next patch i hear.....Thank goodness)

lol ok thats all.

Bye
Matty.
P.S Why did u find a reason to do that eh kimmy ?
Enlighten me.

MayhemMike
09-12-03, 00:10
Mumbly fish, that has to be the worst idea ever. THey will just stand by the cops, poisen everyone like they already do now and zone.r

Mumblyfish
09-12-03, 01:04
The idea is to make fighting on the Plaza zoneline a bad idea. As it stands, it's a very fucking attractive option. Especially when the Copbots get removed.

Make PP1 entrance a bad place to fight, watch everyone move away from zonelines, problem solved. Much more effective than moving a sewer.

Lareolan
09-12-03, 01:08
KimmyG, you don't like that area go fight somewhere else. Don't make KK waste even more of the time they already don't spend on fixing the game to do something as stupid as moving a sewer enterance. You got nothing better to do? Go fight in MB, go fight in Canyon. Go fight in TH. Go fight in OZ. Stop being so lame damnit! If you have issues with people zoning, go find a place to fight that has no zonelines instead of making stupid polls and waste eevryone's time.

Mumblyfish
09-12-03, 01:10
Originally posted by Lareolan
KimmyG, you don't like that area go fight somewhere else. Don't make KK waste even more of the time they already don't spend on fixing the game to do something as stupid as moving a sewer enterance. You got nothing better to do? Go fight in MB, go fight in Canyon. Go fight in TH. Go fight in OZ. Stop being so lame damnit! If you have issues with people zoning, go find a place to fight that has no zonelines instead of making stupid polls and waste eevryone's time.

Not often I agree with you, but that's pretty much my argument in a very concise nutshell.

Ghard
09-12-03, 01:36
you know the cops are geting replacements.

yup i think its tsunami guards, with the jacked up guns so peperpark is no go for any one who is an enemy to them (and those guns hurt)

ezza
09-12-03, 01:38
Originally posted by KimmyG
Sure no plaza 3 safe zone line is no go.

not sure what your trying to say there.

but plaza 2 has the subway if you really need a zoneline to hug.

maybe people should get used to fighting without zonelines as its only going to be there for so long, as come some point in the future you try and zone and you will find a copbot shooting you in the face simpley for being in BD/TG factions

yup i think its tsunami guards, with the jacked up guns so peperpark is no go for any one who is an enemy to them

well im BD and the tsunami guards rarely bother me, its few and far between that they open fire on me, only time they do is when i stand infront of them for a good while

VetteroX
09-12-03, 02:02
They should just do my idea. You have to wait 5-10 seconds by a zoneline before it actually allows you to zone. Then people couldnt zone to escape fights. Also, remove the dam cop bots from pp. I dont even fight there anymore cause theres just no point to it, people just zone or the cops interfear.

ezza
09-12-03, 02:06
Originally posted by VetteroX
They should just do my idea. You have to wait 5-10 seconds by a zoneline before it actually allows you to zone. Then people couldnt zone to escape fights. Also, remove the dam cop bots from pp. I dont even fight there anymore cause theres just no point to it, people just zone or the cops interfear.

Vet, the copbots will be removed dunno when though

KimmyG
09-12-03, 02:16

Like where?

ezza
09-12-03, 02:19

although i see your point, Kimmy iirc is BD and so has every right to be in PP as its his home turf

KimmyG
09-12-03, 05:04
Rediculos bottom line this board is covered in carebear I guess more skillless runners zone than not so no real surprise here. Anyone who voted know care to share why?

If your a zoner please state how this feature is helpful.

ezza
09-12-03, 15:35
Originally posted by KimmyG
Rediculos bottom line this board is covered in carebear I guess more skillless runners zone than not so no real surprise here. Anyone who voted know care to share why?

If your a zoner please state how this feature is helpful.

well tbh if its 1v1 ill normally fight to the end, as people who i fight in PP can testify.

but in cases where its 3v1 or worse odds, zoning is the one viable way to fight and stay alive.

take one insident last night that i watched, there was anumber of FA and TG runners (1 FA tank 1 FA PPU and 1 TG tank to be exact) against 1 TT runner, the only way that the TT runner would survive was by zoning back and forth.

it might be lame, but at least you get a fight of sorts,and when fighting moves from just PP1 to PP2 PP3 then you will be able to follow and finish people off when they zone cos they will be zoning into a anarchy zone not a safe one

KimmyG
09-12-03, 17:19
take one insident last night that i watched, there was anumber of FA and TG runners (1 FA tank 1 FA PPU and 1 TG tank to be exact) against 1 TT runner, the only way that the TT runner would survive was by zoning back and forth.

it might be lame, but at least you get a fight of sorts,and when fighting moves from just PP1 to PP2 PP3 then you will be able to follow and finish people off when they zone cos they will be zoning into a anarchy zone not a safe one

Yea I have seen these fights one runner who runs out fire in the air takes one hit then zones and thinks there impresive.