PDA

View Full Version : PE Constructors..

[TgR]KILLER
08-12-03, 11:52
Just recently ( like friday or so ) i lommed my alt PE to pure tradeskill.. 2 combat PEs was a bit to much hehe.. and i din't want to level up another char since the PE was just 2 con and 2 dex off capping..

i still got a 60% slotrate on all guns i made.. i think its even 70%.. but yesterday i dit my first few rare guns just standing in P1.. tho took 3 drugs for dex as its just 75 base now after the lomming and its just 81 with imps / PA since i don't have room for dex imps ( 1 more dex and i should be aible to put on PA2 and get an SF in so i get a little more dex without losing in int )

anyway so i dit these rare weapons.. 6 of them in total.. first 3 Redeemers for somebody.. 1 slot 3 slot and a 4 slot.. then a Tss a 3 slot.. a 1 slot rog and a 1 slot doomy..

tho i aint getting the best Uber stats a Spy would prob get but they aint to bad imo.. Looky..

http://home.planet.nl/~achte311/ree3.jpg

http://home.planet.nl/~achte311/ree4.jpg

But still.. i don't think PE constructors are THAT bad as everybody says.. everytime i said i was lomming to tradeskills / cst everybody declared me totaly mad lol

amfest
08-12-03, 12:07
I think it's that "I have to have the highest stats possible so someone who can't get the highest main stats for this job won't do" mentaility . ..which kinda sucks for new constructors starting out ... cause I see people who want low tl items built but will try and get high level constructors for that even o_O .. which i think is silly cause the low tl weapons are just plain leveling tools ...I hardly ever stay on teh same weapon for long ... I'll get it built .. .go level for just a tad bit and be ready for the next gun or three up

[TgR]KILLER
08-12-03, 12:23
yup True.. tho chicky has 169 skill.. 171 when she caps int ( in 2 levels duh =) )

but yesterday there were 2 other constructors in p1.. some 180ish and a 200ish but i still had a load of ppl standing in a row.. @ one time i had 5 ppl waiting haha.. tho also because i got 150/150 ( 300/150 ) in repair.. and thats kinda high to..

and 1 thing i think i got working for me that i'm known on pluto.. so like my own clan and ppl are comming to me for work anyway..

Elric
08-12-03, 13:13
Ive been going to Chicky for all my construction lately (except for the rare claw i got built, he was offline)

I have to say, I have never had more than a batch of three weapons built at once and I have never walked away with at least one weapon with less than 2 slots. The worst build set so far was a no slotter, 1 slotter and a 2 slotter. Im starting to think that he seems to be having a better run on slottage than some Spy constructors. and the quality levels remain at cap so no problems there either.

its uncanny. He's as trustworthy as any and a good friend too so he's always there when needed. (he actually logged off of Killer to log chicky on for me last night, it made me feel fuzzy :D)

[TgR]KILLER
08-12-03, 13:29
Originally posted by Elric
its uncanny. He's as trustworthy as any and a good friend too so he's always there when needed. (he actually logged off of Killer to log chicky on for me last night, it made me feel fuzzy :D)

Yea i logged off killer to do some tradeskilling so i came to p1 for ya.. but also because killer is on -29 SL and there aint alot i can do lol.. gonna see next weekend if i can get his SL up again when whole TH goes to sleep so nobody is hunting the bots i need to kill in the cores =)

btw elrik that 3 slot lb2 was the first thing with my name on it Ever.. tho with all those things with chicky's name i can't ever rerole her no more ;)

Elric
08-12-03, 13:30
Originally posted by [TgR]KILLER
first thing with my name on it Ever.. tho with all those things with chicky's name i can't ever rerole her no more ;)

Yep, i still got it too. Never did actually use it tho... wel.. once to kill a few Aggies just to test the damage... nm tho, Its stilla sweet weapon.

Rade
08-12-03, 13:48
Construction caps at 130-something if you have 100ish dex/int. A
bit more for PEs because of the lower stats but you should cap at
170 no problem. Anything over that is just a waste, but for some
reason people are superstitious about construction *shrug*

Elric
08-12-03, 14:05
Originally posted by Rade
Construction caps at 130-something if you have 100ish dex/int. A
bit more for PEs because of the lower stats but you should cap at
170 no problem. Anything over that is just a waste, but for some
reason people are superstitious about construction *shrug*

which is wat i said when he told me he was using drugs when doin rares. I dunno if he noticed though, It was kinda busy at that point. Must have had about 7 tanks and a Spy standing in line at that point, was like Tank-a-cron all over again... ahhh... how i miss those days....

[TgR]KILLER
08-12-03, 14:10
i saw elrik but i got told that your dex level counts to.. so i took drugs to get to 93 dex instead of the normal 81 i got..

and yea there was a huge line of ppl lol.. was fun tho =)

btw i dit make that 3 slot tss without drugs.. but it had a little worse stats then the once i made with drugs.. but that could be because it was a psi spell and not a dex req weapon..

Rade
08-12-03, 14:13
no killer, it doesnt have anything to do with that. Once you have
capped cstr its just luck. You dont need to take more drugs or
anything because it does absolutely 0 difference. The only thing
you gain by having over the cap is the lower failure rate and the
faster constructing.

Elric
08-12-03, 14:17
When it comes to rare weapons the stats are sort of random, so dont guage yer quality on that. When someone brings you a TL 89 wepoan to build and you cap the stats on that, then you dont need to waste anymore points in CST. OR even better get Kay to bring you a couple of rare drone BP's and test on them.

[TgR]KILLER
08-12-03, 14:18
i know thats for cst skill.. talking about the dex mainskill.. anyway i "failed" to make the 2 guns above 3/4 times each.. but still got them out like that.. and i din't fail some of the other rare's i made but got them less slotted.. only the Tss came out good in 1 time.

but ok i'll ditch the drugs.. the drugflash SUCKS anyway hehe..

and elrik.. who the heck is Kay.. see his name on buddy chat like every night :p

Rade
08-12-03, 14:22
i know thats for cst skill.. talking about the dex mainskill.. anyway i "failed" to make the 2 guns above 3/4 times each.. but still got them out like that.. and i din't fail some of the other rare's i made but got them less slotted.. only the Tss came out good in 1 time.

but ok i'll ditch the drugs.. the drugflash SUCKS anyway hehe..

and elrik.. who the heck is Kay.. see his name on buddy chat like every night :p

Construction: 0.25(25%) DEX + 0.1(10%) INT + 0.6(60%) CST

Thats the only thing int and dex does for csting, they increase
your effective CST level, so you dont need as much in the CST skill
in order to "cap" it. Hence; say no to drugs, they are useless.

**edit: And I assume you mean "wandering around" in your
occupation?

Elric
08-12-03, 14:31

SHE has multiple accounts, so we just call her that cos its easier :)

I'll ask her to give you a shout topnight... assuming i remember..

[TgR]KILLER
08-12-03, 15:17
Ahh ok =) like calling chicky killer :p

Strych9
08-12-03, 16:14
In the past, we found that a Spy with 100 Int and 100 Dex actually caps build quality close to 110... the numbers are here in the forum archives somewhere.

With a Monk- 40 Dex and 100 Int exactly- the cap was closer to 140.

The forumla like Rade said is 25% Dex, 15% Int (oops, Rade said 10... its 15) and 60% Constr skill.

And yeah, as long as you build to quality cap, there is no reason NOT to use a PE constructor. But as it has been pointed out, people will go with the 2XX constructor over the 1XX constructor 9 times outta 10.

[TgR]KILLER
08-12-03, 18:08
my PE constructor is sexyer then all Spy constructors anyway.. thats why i had a waiting line yesterday they all want me to work on their things ^^

Strych9
08-12-03, 18:10
Thats the one thing to counteract the high TL constructors... sex appeal.

Back on.. Saturn a while back, when I had my first tank Pikachoad, my bud had a constructor, female spy, named Pussy Galore. He gots tons of business, and worked the name/sex appeal to the fullest. :)

[TgR]KILLER
08-12-03, 18:16
Chicky is a blonde PE :D but she has her PA on tho hehe PA to get my SF active :x

Zanathos
08-12-03, 19:00
Construction PE's are possible.

By 31 int, you will have 100 construction.

129 construction at max level.

Throw in a const chip 1, 134 construction

Throw in a const chip 2, 144 construction.

Throw on a glove, 159 Construction, throw on a const buff 1.....

164 Construction.

More than enough construction Id say.

I may not be accurate in the numbers.....

evs
08-12-03, 19:35
yeah pe cst's are good.

dreamyst on pluto proved that several times and seems you have enforced this for the unbelievers :)

im even tempted to reroll my alt into a pe cst
just for the hell of it

wonder if its possible having a pe cst / res / repper without too much gimp for pvm

Rade
08-12-03, 19:36
PE cst/repair/lowtech pistol shouldnt be a problem, but if you
want ress as well youll need to go spy.

Zanathos
08-12-03, 19:36
You would never be good in both research and construction for a PE.

But research or construction with repair can be done.

Strych9
08-12-03, 20:31
I just specced out a PE...

164 peak constr as was described above
137 Repair skill
73 Str, 178 Melee

Can wear Inq3/Inq4. Spec them for fire and xray resists. Can use Paw of Tiger. If the 178 Melee can cap out a POT then put more points into whatever else in Str.

Would be good enough to build anything in the game, repair everything in the game, and easily solo all fire mobs in the game with relative ease. If they ever give melee some luvin, this would be a useful char.

Note: Sucks for PvP, I know that. Just talking in terms of a tradeskiller PvM.

Rade
08-12-03, 20:33
Id go with lower repair and a lib tho :/ its a very good gun for
PvM and you can at least look like youre usefull in PvP :D

Strych9
08-12-03, 20:54
Id go with lower repair and a lib tho :/ its a very good gun for
PvM and you can at least look like youre usefull in PvP :D Hehe. Look like it. :p

Tell me though- isnt Weap Lore needed for pistols, or no? Sorry if that is a dumb question, but thats one thing I havent tried yet in Neocron... a pistol user.

If no WL is needed then yeah, the pistols would be a better levelling option. Not sure if the Lib was possible given the speccing I did- actually it would be since I would use diff imps.

If someone did some testing to see at what Constr point the PE with max Dex and Int was able to cap build quality, you could likely free up even more Int points or free up brain imp spots.

Rade
08-12-03, 20:55
Originally posted by Strych9
Hehe. Look like it. :p

Tell me though- isnt Weap Lore needed for pistols, or no? Sorry if that is a dumb question, but thats one thing I havent tried yet in Neocron... a pistol user.

If no WL is needed then yeah, the pistols would be a better levelling option. Not sure if the Lib was possible given the speccing I did- actually it would be since I would use diff imps.

If someone did some testing to see at what Constr point the PE with max Dex and Int was able to cap build quality, you could likely free up even more Int points or free up brain imp spots.

You could get by with 0 base WPL. 50 base WPL is
definately doable.

Glok
08-12-03, 20:59
Originally posted by Strych9
If someone did some testing to see at what Constr point the PE with max Dex and Int was able to cap build quality, you could likely free up even more Int points or free up brain imp spots. At what point does a monk cap again? The PE would definitely be lower, maybe halfway between a monk and a spy.

Rade
08-12-03, 21:01
Originally posted by Glok
At what point does a monk cap again? The PE would definitely be lower, maybe halfway between a monk and a spy.

Nope, dex gives alot more than int and the PE has higher
combined dex+int so a PE actually caps cstr alot lower than
monks.

Strych9
08-12-03, 21:05
Good call Glok. Lessee...

Spy is at 110.
Monk is at 140.

So a Spy's Int and Dex (capped) with the modifiers are

100*.15 = 15
100*.25 = 25
Total of 40

Monk's Int and Dex (capped) with modifiers are
100*.15 = 15
40*.25 = 10
Total of 25

So a PE would be
60*.15 = 9
80*.25 = 20
Total of 29

So looking at those numbers, the trend goes

Monk - PE - Spy

25 - 29 - 40

Which mathematically would make the Constr values for capped build quality go

140 - 132 - 110

So a PE would need less constr than a monk, but only by a litte. So if the PE only needs to hit lets say Constr of 140 to be safe, that certainly changes up everything.

Edit: for the sake of clarity, these numbers assumed capped stats w/o imps.

Glok
08-12-03, 21:07
Nope, dex gives alot more than int and the PE has higher
combined dex+int so a PE actually caps cstr alot lower than
monks. LOL that's exactly what I said. :p

Load_HeavyLoad
08-12-03, 21:07
i Believe the CST Quality cap on Non - Rares is around 160 - 175,
heh i have a 5 Slot Normal Shelter Built by Rabbi Fang Heh :)

Glok
08-12-03, 21:09
Originally posted by Load_HeavyLoad
heh i have a 5 Slot Normal Shelter Built by Rabbi Fang Heh :) WAHT? Believe has nothing to do with it.

Strych9
08-12-03, 21:11
Originally posted by Load_HeavyLoad
heh i have a 5 Slot Normal Shelter Built by Rabbi Fang Heh :) Oh, its been proven...proven to be WAY below that for a capped Spy. (capped spy meaning a spy with Dex and Int at 100)

Rade
08-12-03, 21:15
Originally posted by Glok
LOL that's exactly what I said. :p

Sorry, looks like I pulled a shadow dancer :D

Strych9
08-12-03, 21:18
Now that you two agree... :p ... its not "a lot" lower. The PE has higher Dex, and the Dex is weighted more... but the Monk has higher Int. So by the numbers, if the monk caps at 140 Constr, and the Spy at 110, the PE caps at 132.

I wouldnt consider that a lot lower... but it is lower for sure.

[TgR]KILLER
08-12-03, 22:50
chicky is Pure tradeskill no weapons..

171 cst @ cap
155/310 repair :x

not bad =)

come see me in plaza 1 ( logs in )