PDA

View Full Version : Tangent Speed Gats

Whitestuff
08-12-03, 06:19
Ok, I "borrowed" one from clan storage. It has 3 slots. I do an explosive ammo mod. Good DMG increase and it does force DMG which is the monk killer of all damage (or so I am told). So I have 2 slots left..... with all stats at 120% cause it is an epic. Near DMG cap actually and aim cap too. What do I mod it with now? I am not wasting it on 2 more ammo mods. That's dumb and something I did as a n00b. But it does not need any stat bonuses. Should I throw a flashlight on that bad boy? For what?

Any suggestions?

Morris
08-12-03, 06:24
Force only rapes stupid monks (fortunately there are quite a few of them). Against a good monk you will do better with phosphor or uranium. My tank's speed gat (3 slotter) has one of each mod in. The only other thing you can put in there is a flashlight, which is just :rolleyes:

Whitestuff
08-12-03, 06:34
Ammo mods the best eh? That's almost too much of a waste for me.... but that is actually my dilemma. Ammo mods sound like the only ones worth it.

Det0x
08-12-03, 06:37
phospher is good against spies too

Whitestuff
08-12-03, 06:39
OMG I was afraid of this. People keep re-affirming the ammo mod idea. Its almost too unfeasable.

Ok, next response....

LVirus
08-12-03, 09:19
*me hugs his 5 slotted Speedy with FLASHLIGHT !!!!oneoneoneone*

Gotta admit I made a good trade here. Slighty used Psicore for 5 slotter ;)

Psycho_Soldier
08-12-03, 10:16
Dude.. there is nothing else you can do except ammo mods or flashlight. I am saving 1 slot on my speed gat though incase a new ammo mod comes out with DoY. I don't see what your problem is with ammo mods.

Whitestuff
08-12-03, 10:35
Oh please. Don't know enough about the game.....

I just don't like wasting slots on ammo mods. I really think they are useless on other guns. Unless you get a 5 slotter or maybe a 4. Then you can afford an ammo mod. So I was thinking that maybe I should not WASTE 3 slots on ammo alone. It seems I was wrong in that assumption on THIS gun, but not others. 3 slot anything else I would rather have a gyro, a barrel, and an ammo delivery OR energy barrel, heavy barrel, and gyro.....

So now I know, and I wouldn't have if I had not asked. Thanks for your comment tho. I appreciate your dispositon towards people who ask questions to get helpful answers.And thank you for not really giving a helpful answer.

El Barto
08-12-03, 10:48
Either get 1 of each ammo mod (even if you don't use them its just nice to say you can), or a flashlight (cos they are sexy) and another ammo mod.

Whitestuff
08-12-03, 10:55
Originally posted by El Barto
Either get 1 of each ammo mod (even if you don't use them its just nice to say you can), or a flashlight (cos they are sexy) and another ammo mod.

Can't I be sexy without a flashlight? :D

steweygrrr
08-12-03, 11:00
Originally posted by WhiteKrAkRBOi
I just don't like wasting slots on ammo mods. I really think they are useless on other guns. Unless you get a 5 slotter or maybe a 4. Then you can afford an ammo mod. So I was thinking that maybe I should not WASTE 3 slots on ammo alone. It seems I was wrong in that assumption on THIS gun, but not others. 3 slot anything else I would rather have a gyro, a barrel, and an ammo delivery OR energy barrel, heavy barrel, and gyro.....

Right first and foremost your first mod, EVERYTIME should be an ammo mod...I try not to cookie cutter my weapons so I use the unconventional ones like flamer wargas etc. It gives you an edge in PvP as the guy your hitting has to deal with 2 damage types and not one. Secondly if you are experienced as you say you are, modding an arti weapon does precisely naff all because as all the stats (i.e. range damage handling and frequency) are at 120% and all weapon mods do is raise any stats that are below 120%. As they are already the best you can get, your RoF, Aiming, Range and Damage values will be unaffected by any gyro, barrel or ammodelivery mods, the only way to raise those stats now is more HC and Wep Lore.

[TgR]KILLER
08-12-03, 11:12
Yea i can accept the fact u don't want 3 dif ammo mods.. i don't even want to carry more types of ammo then one.. hence i'm lowtech rifles so i just need 5.56 :p

but u now say u don't use ANY ammo mod on other rare's ? O.o thats kinda silly.. everybody puts in a ammo mod in first.. say a PURE energy weapon is gonna do fuck all vs monks with their 200+ energy resists from armor.. so first thing u do is mod it with some ammo.. and almost every PE has capped force resist.. hence PURE pierce guns aint gonna do that well.. ammo mods is the first thing that would go in ANY weapon.. 1 slot or 5 slot..

Whitestuff
08-12-03, 11:24
Ok, thanks for your input. I understand the need for them, but as of yet I have had no experience with rare weapons in PvP, only PvM with normal weapons. And the differences between ammo types there are almost irrelevant. That is why this post is here, since a Tangent speed gat is a rather good weapon for its TL and I don't want to screw it up.

The reason I asked about other mods is that I thought that with our nice buggy game here, maybe a barrel on a speed gat might up the DMG, tho I am fully aware that the stats are capped, I thought there might be a possibility that it could be raised.

Now I also understand that ammo mods are ways to get around other players defenses, and as you have pointed out, they can be the most important mod in the game. My experience thus far has not required me to think past mobs, since I would not openly challenge any runner to PvP at my present level, and all my other PvP has been spent as a monk, so to change DMG type there, is to change spells. I will now choose my mods more carefully. I usually go with fire, but I am thinking that maybe xray is a good one to go with. Of course I get to chose 3, but I think there are only 3 for the gat. Pardon me If I don't go check, I am tired and a bit sleepy as of now.

You have all been helpful. Thank you for your input.

MkVenner
08-12-03, 12:30
Originally posted by WhiteKrAkRBOi
Ok, I "borrowed" one from clan storage. It has 3 slots.

so thats where that went:p

[TgR]KILLER
08-12-03, 12:41
With most weapons u don't have to think past PvM but a speed gat is used in PvP alot so u gotta..

and ammo i would say explosive or fire.. xray won't do alot vs good spy's with their 100+ xray protection from their PA's explosive is something that can cut both spy's and monks since neighter would have alot of force protection..

Flyl
08-12-03, 13:11
Ammo mods are still a requirement in PvM, adds an extra 40% damage approximatly. Primary damage is only ever 60% of the total maximum damage.

Nexxy
08-12-03, 13:17
My speed gun uses no ammo mod at the moment....I only used it for monks and found this worked best. Not sure about now though, i just use my CS on everything. What ammo mod to put in depends on what you want to use it for.

No Style
08-12-03, 14:04
Originally posted by Flyl
Ammo mods are still a requirement in PvM, adds an extra 40% damage approximatly. Primary damage is only ever 60% of the total maximum damage.

Ammo mods only add 15% to the total damage.
The damage types are just split up approx. 60-40.

steweygrrr
08-12-03, 14:24
but its still a 15% you didnt have before

Rade
08-12-03, 14:28
An ammo mod is without doubt the first mod you should but in
any gun, the 15% increase in damage effectively delivers more
than any other mod.

Keiron
08-12-03, 15:15
Well if you're rich, throw an ultima in it for the l33t title:rolleyes:
Seriously thou, put explsoive+uranium+flashlight/phospher

[TgR]KILLER
08-12-03, 15:22
Originally posted by Keiron
Well if you're rich, throw an ultima in it for the l33t title:rolleyes:
Seriously thou, put explsoive+uranium+flashlight/phospher

i got a 3 slot tar with a ultima mod.. the only ultima mod in any gun i got.. put it in there back when u could BP the mods because i just had 1 PE part and din't want to wait till i had a complete one.. was a good call tho since all "lose" mods got whiped 2 days after that ;)

Keiron
08-12-03, 15:23
Originally posted by [TgR]KILLER
i got a 3 slot tar with a ultima mod.. the only ultima mod in any gun i got.. put it in there back when u could BP the mods because i just had 1 PE part and din't want to wait till i had a complete one.. was a good call tho since all "lose" mods got whiped 2 days after that ;)
Pfft, I had ultimated archer companions, lazer rifles, everything. That was back when I was just starting out on Sat.