PDA

View Full Version : Hybrid Story

Whitestuff
08-12-03, 06:14
Well, kind of a story. So I was out hunting and a hybrid walks up to me. DMG boosts and all that, para... blah blah. I whip out my Tangent Speed and wail on him for about 3 seconds, he is at 1/2 hlth. Then his tank buddy ganks me from far away with a laser.

The hybrid and tank weren't hostile (hybrid was CM) so I was mildly angry, but feeling good cause hey, the hybrid was pretty bad, even switching PA.

He rezz's me, and I say WTF??? He says, Just proving I could kill ya. I laugh. I tell him to heal me up and I'll beat him, which I was fully capable of doing even 20 battle ranks below him. So he heals me, then DMG boost para...... Ok now I take 1/3 of his hlth... His tank gets bold and smacks me with a tangent speed I get him to 1/3 hlth too, but I die. I go afk to help my roomate do something, I come back and I am rezzed and synced out.

Long story short: This hybrid was 60/ or 70/ and I was only 41/47 at the max and I would have schooled him easily.

POINT OF THE THREAD:: I know you guys didn't think I would just write something blatantly close worthy now did you?

Are hybrids better than that? I want to roll one, but not if 20 ranks higher than another person I get smacked at PvP. I mean I get killed enough without the ability to heal myself decently.

Maybe I should not consider PA swapping, cause that was one of his downfalls. He had to switch PA after DMG boost just so he could use a halo (which did less than 15 DMG to me a shot). I also don't think he could heal w/o switching back which is a major part of being a hybrid, right? Healing while being able to attack??

<<I also took time to post this, cause he was a bit of a jerk about it. When I rechallenged him he was thinking he killed me (when his tank actually did) and pretty much rolling into a whine when we fought the second time. So we start what I thought was going to be a fair match and his tank butts in again...... so I don't know if I would have really won or not, but I think very strongly that I would have.

EDIT: My l337 spelling skillz.

Shadow Dancer
08-12-03, 06:25
Yes hybrids can be better than that. If his mate helped him kill you, then his comment was really stupid. I REALLY hate lame comments like that.

Btw, IMO(JUST MY OPINION), pa switching hybrids are laughable. Their just wayyy too vulnerable. Yea maybe they kick ass in duels and pepper park fights, but that's pretty much it. I know some of them will disagree with me.

I'm very satisfied with my hybrid. He does well in pvp and is very fun. Also it's nice not to wear PA. :p

Whitestuff
08-12-03, 06:31
Lame comments are . . . lame. Yeah. *cough* *silence*

Anywho, I also forgot to mention I had just downed a brute nearly single handedly and all his spawnlings (had a PPU but he got ganked but the mob and my spy fell victim to the monk b4 I realized the guy was actually trying to kill me [which also says something about his skill I think]). So I had all of 230 hlth out of 503 when the monk hits me and I can garauntee that the tank did over 120 of the DMG in the first fight and 400 of it in the second fight.

Yeah, so can anyone shed some light on my Hybrid aspirations? I am going to delete my barter for this and that' saying something. My barter makes a lot of money.

And I have a theory, but I don't want to give it away cause it will either be bringing back uber hybrid or actually, um, not working at all. So thoughts and suggestions <--- real reason of post.

EDIT:: Split a paragraph, looked better.

Shadow Dancer
08-12-03, 06:40
Originally posted by WhiteKrAkRBOi

Yeah, so can anyone shed some light on my Hybrid aspirations?

What do you want to know exactly?

Their a couple of different hybrid setups out there.

KRIMINAL99
08-12-03, 06:46
at the end of the rainbow hybrids are looking pretty dangerous...

with a kami and dimension splitter and all that good stuff.
There was a thread on one just yesterday and the guys final setup had better than tank defense with all the ppu abilities again and about the same offensive power :rolleyes:

Except this time the difference wont be nearly as perceptable because they can be killed easier than before so it will never get fixed...

Whitestuff
08-12-03, 06:49
Well, how about some setup info? Do I go more APU or PPU?

How does PA fit in? Does it fit in?

Is the defence really gonna be much better than a good APU setup? (ie - will deflectors and shelter wear off after one trounce from a WB?)

@SD- I gotta PM you about this I think, maybe it'll work.

zAo
08-12-03, 06:50
only 60/ or 70/? that is way too low to be effective. personally i think that you would have to be capped in psi and have really high int to be a threat. did you say that he was switching pas? during the middle of a fight? my only comment - why couldnt you kill him in the time it took him to switch pas? :P

Shadow Dancer
08-12-03, 06:53
Well, how about some setup info? Do I go more APU or PPU?

How does PA fit in? Does it fit in?

Is the defence really gonna be much better than a good APU setup? (ie - will deflectors and shelter wear off after one trounce from a WB?)

woooooooooooo

You'll get alot of different answers on this one.

I think hybrid setups that require the switching of both pas are lame and can leave you too vulnerable midkombat.

APU and PPU, well that's all up to you man. It's a matter of taste. I'm a more offense oriented hybrid, some prefer more defense. etc....

From my experience, all the hybrid setups have better defense than a good apu. If it didn't, then it's crap. :p

Healing is also very useful and a significant portion of our defense, IMO.

I'm not sure I understand what you mean about the warbot. Can you explain or rephrase?

@SD- I gotta PM you about this I think, maybe it'll work.

Ok.

Originally posted by zAo
only 60/ or 70/? that is way too low to be effective.

I completely disagree. My hybrid kicks ass(imo) and his level rank is 55.

Shadow Dancer
08-12-03, 06:55
oops delete

Whitestuff
08-12-03, 06:58
Originally posted by zAo
only 60/ or 70/? that is way too low to be effective. personally i think that you would have to be capped in psi and have really high int to be a threat. did you say that he was switching pas? during the middle of a fight? my only comment - why couldnt you kill him in the time it took him to switch pas? :P

b/c he had a nice big tank helping him kill me. And I was para'd so I was chasing him slow. Oh yeah and I am not anywhere really near my full PvP potential yet. Just a few reasons.

If ya need more: Aim on current weapon is not capped, but close. DMG is not near cap yet. Its a gat, so 2 out of 4 shot miss while running after your target without being on top of him. And I figure he has been practicing PA swaping since he was pretty good at it.

Whitestuff
08-12-03, 07:01
Originally posted by Shadow Dancer

I'm not sure I understand what you mean about the warbot. Can you explain or rephrase?

Ok, a warbot shoots, I get hit, deflectors wear off. I mean I have had pure PPU buffs that stay on forever, until I actually fight. While getting hit do they wear off faster tahn if I were just standing?? I thought they did, or maybe in the moment I just didn't realize the time passing.

zAo
08-12-03, 07:02
well if youre only 41/ i can understand :)

if youre on saturn maybe we could have a go sometime, i got a hybrid with one of those snazzy ds kami setups id like to see if he can actually pvp or if hes only pretty to look at :)

Psycho Killa
08-12-03, 07:06
Shelters and deflectors last 2 minutes. It has nothing to do with you getting hit.

(Crouching makes it last like longer)

Shadow Dancer
08-12-03, 07:11
Originally posted by Psycho Killa
Shelters and deflectors last 2 minutes. It has nothing to do with you getting hit.

(Crouching makes it last like longer)

Psycho is right. (ouch that hurts to say, :p

Originally posted by zAo

i got a hybrid with one of those snazzy ds kami setups id like to see if he can actually pvp or if hes only pretty to look at :)

A DS/kami hybrid can most certainly pvp.

Too bad more people are lomming to hybrid, I wanted to be one of the few. :p

Whitestuff
08-12-03, 07:14
Not lomming, rolling :).

zAo- I'll go, but don't expect too much from me. I think the above guy switching PA was too silly and that's why I used him as my play thing. But hey, I'll give it a go.

VetteroX
08-12-03, 07:50
I just killed a city merc hybred. his rank was 112/63. He went down easily to my lib, and his energy beam didnt hurt me much. This is my first encounter with an evil one (otherwise known as hybreds) since they got thier nerf. having no prior experience fighting these new hybreds, i dunno if he was good or now.

Whitestuff
08-12-03, 08:22
Sounds like my tale. However, SD and I have been brooding on this one and I think we got it fairly nailed down as to how to go about this "hybrid".

I'll update ya when I get it fleshed into a character on saturn. I'll be happy to take suckers... erm volunteers :).

CarniFlex
08-12-03, 10:34
hybrids are powerfull if played correctly. Most hybrids out there are still experimenting with a good setup. But a prepared hybrid is far from easy prey.

zAo
08-12-03, 22:05
heheh sounds good - you got a higher character or is the 41/ the only one you have? btw are you European or American?