PDA

View Full Version : tanks hunting wbs on tanks? O_O

emoticon
08-12-03, 04:29
I saw many tanks driving around in rhinos hunting wbs. They'd pull up some distance away from a WB, get out, sit in the gunner seat, and fire at WBs.

I'm curious, is this effective? How much does the rhino ammo cost? How much damage does rhino aproximately actually do? I've never noticed their damage but I saw them downing wbs real quick!

Whitestuff
08-12-03, 05:17
384 DMG with my HC at 150ish

Can a tank drive a rhino? What is the int req again?? hold on

*searching*

INT of 30. Not practical for a tank to get that much INT, but hey whatever m8. It kills WBs fast enough.

EDIT::Oh and AMMO IS HEAVY.... I have 114 total free weight and about 20 clips (plus my armor and weapons with their ammo) takes me into the yellow numbers and I walk like pregnant yak.

[SP]Ostrich
08-12-03, 05:17
it's more the fact that a rhino has 3-5297 347238497892349238492386487 health i would assume...

Marzola
08-12-03, 05:44
I drove a rhino with my tank for a while. Was pretty fun untill Iwanted to PvP, then I decided to go back to my normal setup. Took me a while to shake off that destrol forte addiction though...

KRIMINAL99
08-12-03, 06:49
A tank I knew that spawned a rhino and used it to kill fire mobs said the loot rate was incredibly high with it.

The loot rate is also raised when there are multiple attackers so I think these are related somehow. Maybe it ups WB loot too.

Shadow Dancer
08-12-03, 07:15
Originally posted by KRIMINAL99
A tank I knew that spawned a rhino and used it to kill fire mobs said the loot rate was incredibly high with it.

The loot rate is also raised when there are multiple attackers so I think these are related somehow. Maybe it ups WB loot too.

What do you mean multiple attackers? You mean multiple enemies at once or multiple people attacking the mob?

heh, I wasn't sure...........

FireST@R
08-12-03, 07:27
must be falling behind on things .. but I thought that you didn't get EXP from killing mobs when using the tank?. Atleast you didn't back when I was playing a tank

Birkoff
08-12-03, 07:30
Only played a tank once back in january.. capped all but 11 con and rerolled 2 weeks later....
but...

Fixed EXP in vehicles about 25 patches ago :)

Necrosadistic
08-12-03, 09:23
One thing I hate about tanks gunning rhinos is that it gives them ***

That is damn annoying as I sometimes drive around clanmates in my Rhino, only to get no XP whatsoever, even when teamed with them...

Whitestuff
08-12-03, 09:34
Yes it is true. EXP is off the chain as a tank in a rhino. DMG is insane as well, and someone mentioned loot. Try this on for size.

I have been hunting WBs all week, cause that's my mob of choice at this lvl. (41/47 tangent speed gat) On foot a group of 5 people-- we killed 30ish warbots 4 days in a row (that's 30 a day, an hour maybe of hunting). We got 3 parts. 3!!!

I roll around in a rhino with my PE buddy driving. Drop 8 total warbots in one hunt. Hack 2 of them. Get 3 parts.

Next hunt drop 12 WBs, hack 6, get 7 parts...... See where I am going with this? (hackers were hard to come by this week, but think how many parts I could have gotten if we hacked all the bots!!)

I think it has to do with the *** rank. The closer to the rank of the mob you get the more EXP, and the more loot I thought... and it seems to be true. And guess what rank WBs are.. 80/80*** and 85/85***. Guess the rank of ANY TANK qualified to gun a rhino... you got it, 80/whatever ***.

I bet anything when my attack rank gets over 50 the loot in those "on foot" WBs goes up just like it did with my monk.

The downside is, as I said, no exp from that gallant tank. They need to rethink the rank vs exp gain I think, at least with VHCs.

Haxxor
08-12-03, 12:09
How about making Vehicle STR based req? is silly that Monks can Drive

amfest
08-12-03, 12:15

well then monks will cry for Crahn Holy Flight of Icarus

Oath
08-12-03, 12:19
Originally posted by Haxxor

Er...... no, thats silly.

Dont need str to drive, thats what POWER STEERING is for, so the nancy monks dont break their fragile little bones turning the wheel.

Tanks driving a rhino, sure, dont see a problem with it, its not entirely pvp sound, but then again its pvm :p

[TgR]KILLER
08-12-03, 12:26
Hehe long time back.. talking about before anybody knew me or whatever.. when i just started to play some 10 months ago.. i could drive any vehicle with my PE.. and together with some other clan we went on warbot hunts.. during one of those i found the chester pit ;)

but we always went with 1/2 tanks to be the main guns. and then 3/4 hovertechs for adittional fire support.. and always took a repairer for the tanks ;) its damn fun..

numb
08-12-03, 12:39
With regard to ammo, if someone is driving you about, you can overload and it's easily cloneable.

I was hunting WBs on saturn the other night with a team with a hacker and a ppu. We were on an APC. The vehicle received about 1% damage from a WB, and I dont believe I needed a heal before the WB dropped to the ground. It seems a very effective way of hunting for parts.

Is healing a gunner while he sits at the gun bugged on these vehicles?