PDA

View Full Version : Should Butchee's and Hurlers Melee Damage be Dramatically Reduced

Shujin
08-12-03, 03:50
Every new char I make, I have to stay about 40 ft back away from both of them to attack them.

I jus made a Melee Tank, butchee's and hurlers are some of the best things to level off of in the game, but melee tanks cant even get close to them or else in 2 hits they are dead. and yes im serious 2 hits. go try it yourself. i seen a ppu monk fully buffed at level 40 go next to one and in 3 hits fall dead

Shadow Dancer
08-12-03, 03:54
No. :p

Sorry but PvM is way too easy as it is.

Shujin
08-12-03, 03:55
Originally posted by Shadow Dancer

Sorry but PvM is way too easy as it is. easy for everyone, cept melee'rs

melee chars got short end of stick both pvp and pvm

Seven
08-12-03, 04:03

Heh!
I haven't played in 3 months, did they make the mobs easier?
Or, is spending 20 minutes, a butt load of ammo, and burnt up armor considered "way to easy"??

nova
08-12-03, 04:08
I never really had a problem with melee when hunting those mobs.

SovKhan
08-12-03, 04:55
as i recall SD you said somewhere along the line you wish vet players should just have an option to cap off the bat.

Shadow Dancer
08-12-03, 04:57
Originally posted by SovKhan
as i recall SD you said somewhere along the line you wish vet players should just have an option to cap off the bat.

No i didn't. I said wouldn't it be cool if there was an item that a char could purchase only once that would be extremely expensive, that would make them level up a bit faster on their next char.

SovKhan
08-12-03, 05:18
ionno you say so much crap its impossible to keep track. maybe there should be a daily post limit. ffs i think the search feature takes up alot less cpu usage then calculating your postcount.

Shadow Dancer
08-12-03, 05:23
:rolleyes:

EDIT: (for psycho killa :rolleyes: )

If butchees hurt melee tanks that much(as shujin says) then yes their attacks should be toned down.

What type of damage do they do? I've only fought them as a spy or apu, so I don't know how much they hurt someone uhhh a little more sturdy? lol

Psycho Killa
08-12-03, 05:31
I dunno about a post limit.... though I do think you shouldnt post if you dont have actualy anything to add to a thread....

Quoting a whole post and saying "I AGREE" or :rolleyes: isnt really adding to a thread....

So i dont contradict myself :D
I havent been up close toa hurler or butchee in some time but to my memory they did way to high insane damage for there rank. It should only be a bit harder then getting directly hit with there nades.

Shadow Dancer
08-12-03, 05:58
Originally posted by Psycho Killa

Quoting a whole post and saying "I AGREE" or :rolleyes: isnt really adding to a thread....

Then what would happen to Sovkahn or all the other ppus or anti-shadow dancer people that have nothing better to do than to flame bait or troll. With this rule they would never post. That's not fair to them. *sarcasm*

KRIMINAL99
08-12-03, 06:33

That was just a flat out ignorant statement to be honest... The only person this really effects much is melee users as one or two hits doesnt kill any other player just running by.

Hes rigth you cant fight them with melee and its really rediculous. Melee does crap damage to mobs compared to other disciplines and has no range. All other games with melee have them do more dam than the ranged weapons to mobs so that people can actually live through an attack.

Shadow Dancer
08-12-03, 06:39
Originally posted by KRIMINAL99
That was just a flat out ignorant statement to be honest...

You think PvM is hard? O_o

KRIMINAL99
08-12-03, 06:41
You think PvM is hard? O_o

No your 100% right about pvm being too easyfor ranged classes. But that has nothing to do with melee damage. Melee users cant snipe, attack from cover, even really run from behind cover then go back and heal effectively... their just totally screwed..

I didnt mean to be overly insulting, my point is youve never played a melee user if you think pvm is easy for them.

Whitestuff
08-12-03, 06:45
PvM is not easy as a melee. Most of the time you are too close to big enemies you can't target them thus your DMG output is 0 until you target it. Then you may not be close enough, just like trying to loot a Brute, you gotta be inside him.

And I think PvM is not really easy. I mean WBs are dumb and easy to outsmart and manuver, but some mobs just come at ya to kill ya in 2 hits (MC5 guards, firemobs.... ) so it is not all easy. And god help those poor melee bastards with MC5 and big firemobs w/o PPU strap on ready and waiting...

Shadow Dancer
08-12-03, 06:46

I didnt mean to be overly insulting,

Overly? So you meant to be mildly insulting? lol :p

I didnt mean to be overly insulting, my point is youve never played a melee user if you think pvm is easy for them.

O_O

What about dungeon areas? And I thought melee did alot of damage pvm? That's what some melee tanks have told me. Don't they cap at 105 rof as well?

I think, yea their disadvantaged in some areas concerning range. Like fighting firemobs, grim chasers and stuff. But not all pvm is outdoors.

O-o

KRIMINAL99
08-12-03, 06:55
Overly? So you meant to be mildly insulting? lol :p

What about dungeon areas? And I thought melee did alot of damage pvm? That's what some melee tanks have told me. Don't they cap at 105 rof as well?

I think, yea their disadvantaged in some areas concerning range. Like fighting firemobs, grim chasers and stuff. But not all pvm is outdoors.

O-o

Ignorant just means unknowing which is true since you just indirectly admitted it.

No their damage is bs compared to other classes. They do about as much damage in a swipe as a tank does with a single plasma blob. Im pretty sure rof caps at 92 although I could be wrong. Anyways its not just an outdoor advantage. Think about it... You run up and attack a chaos luet in the chaos caves its gonna be time to high tail it as soon as you get to him. And thats not counting all the E barrel/Fusion spam. The only way you can attack anything big is if it comes to the cover.

Shadow Dancer
08-12-03, 07:08
Ignorant just means unknowing which is true since you just indirectly admitted it.

I know what ignorant means, thx.

I'll leave that comment alone since i don't feel like getting into an arguement.

They do about as much damage in a swipe as a tank does with a single plasma blob.

hrmm, i could have sworn I seen them do more damage.

ok

about it... You run up and attack a chaos luet in the chaos caves its gonna be time to high tail it as soon as you get to him. And thats not counting all the E barrel/Fusion spam. The only way you can attack anything big is if it comes to the cover.

Well my apu soloed the chaos caves with kami chip. I put TONS of points into poison resist, and he was able to take quite a beating from a lieut if he had heal+heal sanctum going.

Now that's with kami chip which gives -100 piercing. So I know that a tank can easily spec tons of poison resist and tons of pierce resist as well. AND have more HP AND cast deflector. So i know they can take a much bigger beating than my apu did when directly in the enemies fire.

The only thing I think, is that Melee tanks are lacking when compared to HC tanks. Especially since they don't outdamage cs tanks(according to you........), don't have aoe, and well........ I can't really find any advantage the melee tank has over the HC tank in pvm.

O_o

amfest
08-12-03, 07:28
just make it .. when a melee user has full health .. they can swipe their sword and send an energy wave attack .. (hums the legend of zelda tune) :D

anyway i was curious .. what about swamp warriors? .. do they hit just as hard? .. they only have a melee attack if i recall and are the same rank as butchee .. and move slow ... better for leveling on cause they don't even have nades to throw ;)

LTA
08-12-03, 07:58

No their damage is bs compared to other classes. They do about as much damage in a swipe as a tank does with a single plasma blob. Im pretty sure rof caps at 92 although I could be wrong. Anyways its not just an outdoor advantage. Think about it... You run up and attack a chaos luet in the chaos caves its gonna be time to high tail it as soon as you get to him. And thats not counting all the E barrel/Fusion spam. The only way you can attack anything big is if it comes to the cover.

That's if the people in there already let you in, most times i see a melee appear all that comes in chat is "Fcuk of melee you'll ruin my sl" etc.
If the mob starts moving melee has a problem, dmg is ok but the fact i am stood in the face of the creature should give more than it does.
APU's have higher damage at faster rofs than a melee, plus a majority of chaos caves they can do behind ledges without being spotted by the creatures so hits are minimal. Us melees have to go face to face tho and when them legshots come and the Liuts uber half hp hit comes in it gets messy quickly.

As for the subject, shadow go roll a melee somewhere level him a bit (shouldn't take long to get to butchee lev) then go stand in a butchees face and see how many of those duster hits you take, even my capped tank starts gettin worried after a fair few.

Shadow Dancer
08-12-03, 08:05
Originally posted by LTA

APU's have higher damage at faster rofs than a melee, plus a majority of chaos caves they can do behind ledges without being spotted by the creatures so hits are minimal. Us melees have to go face to face tho and when them legshots come and the Liuts uber half hp hit comes in it gets messy quickly.

Yes but i'm talking about solo apu. And he took quite a bit of hits since I would be standing where I could get hit many times. I'm saying if he can solo, then i'm sure a melee tank can do well in a team. But that's just my opinion.....

Originally posted by LTA

As for the subject, shadow go roll a melee somewhere level him a bit (shouldn't take long to get to butchee lev) then go stand in a butchees face and see how many of those duster hits you take,

Nah, i'm not going through all that drama. I'll take your word for it.

VetteroX
08-12-03, 08:19
Yes, butcheee/hurder melee dmage is insane... if you dont know, go stand next to one and see. Not on the top of my list of complaints, but it needs a nerf.

Shadow Dancer
08-12-03, 08:22
Originally posted by VetteroX
Yes, butcheee/hurder melee dmage is insane... if you dont know, go stand next to one and see. Not on the top of my list of complaints, but it needs a nerf.

Yea that's the thing, the melee damage is outrageous. But it's not really such a big issue. I guess it is for melee people.

While KK is at it, nerf dragon flies or remove them from pp sewers.

CrazyMan
08-12-03, 09:23
No, as again - melee tank > any mobs, get on with it, you don't expect to attack a butchee when you're 0/2 or so and get away with it??? ^^

L0KI
08-12-03, 09:42
Im saying yes...

The nades they throw do about 1/10th as much damage as that fuckin melee swipe.....

•Super|\|ova•
08-12-03, 09:53
Shujin, you just have to use some tactics in PvM also. For example, keep moving so you are always behind it if possible and once in awhile pull back, move forward attack few times, pull back etc... that's the tactic I used on Butchees and Hurlers with my melee tank. It's quite easy. Oh, yeah, and a PPU sticking to your ass is a good tactic also ;)

Lethys
08-12-03, 10:55
Mutant Gunmen need to be toned down too.

amfest
08-12-03, 11:02
so no one knows about swamp warriors? .. .go try a melee tank on that and see if it hurts as much as a hurler/butchee

sultana
08-12-03, 11:05
Originally posted by Lethys
Mutant Gunmen need to be toned down too.
Not the gunmen, but the insane range on their flamers o_O

amfest
08-12-03, 11:07
insane range? .. that was beta .. when they could kill you from across the zone :D

Lareolan
08-12-03, 13:29
Originally posted by Shujin
Every new char I make, I have to stay about 40 ft back away from both of them to attack them.

I jus made a Melee Tank, butchee's and hurlers are some of the best things to level off of in the game, but melee tanks cant even get close to them or else in 2 hits they are dead. and yes im serious 2 hits. go try it yourself. i seen a ppu monk fully buffed at level 40 go next to one and in 3 hits fall dead

Some mobs were meant to be fought in melee, some were meant to be fought at range. Heck, in most games you won't even find a mob that you don't need some special weapon to seriously hurt (Wether it be just magical, elemental with some specific element or some special material or what not). The least you could do is not to voice silly complaints about a weak mob having to be made even weaker, can't melee them? Find something you can, cyclopses work qute well since they have to face you to shoot you, so you can just dance around them and kill them without taking any damage. (Something you CAN'T do with a ranged weapon). So stop complaining and look for alternatives.

LTA
08-12-03, 13:34
Originally posted by Lareolan
Find something you can, cyclopses work qute well since they have to face you to shoot you, so you can just dance around them and kill them without taking any damage. (Something you CAN'T do with a ranged weapon). So stop complaining and look for alternatives.

Cyclops are like higher than butchees and shoot invisible rockets, you lose health regardless of where your stood or the fact you dodge the rocket anim.
The server decides they fired and hit so you lose health then the actual rocket appears and if that hits you thats like 2x dmg, infact lately i don't think i ever dodge the rockets unless i am inside before the cyc thinks about shootin.
and tbh ranged weapon > pvm

Snipers> pvm

[TgR]KILLER
08-12-03, 13:37
i always kept clear of them because their melee dmg hurts as hell.. but the nades they trow is damn irritating to.. gotta keep your drone moving whole the damn time hehe..

but my n00b ppu around rank /20 could take some melee hits before dieing i fought loads in OZ with my TL 8 shock..

Mumblyfish
08-12-03, 13:40
That's why my tank uses a Face Scratcher/Tangent Sniper combo. Anyway, my tank tears through Launchers like nobody's business, at rank 2/27 (his combat rank NEVER budges), but he has to go in fully healed, buffed, and with a full suit of armour to kill even ONE Butchee. That said, even with his capped HP, most of the time he falls over dead.

And how often do you get a lone Butchee/Hurler? Not very. So needless to say if anything else joins the fight, you've got one dead tank.

It wouldn't be so bad if there were decent levelling spots sans the Hurler Family once you grow out of the Aggie Cellars. Outzone? Hurlers. Jeriko? Hurlers. Military Base? Hurlers. Waaaaaaarg!

That said, melee tanks should just spec some rifle, then the pain goes away.

[TgR]KILLER
08-12-03, 13:48
solo chester pit if your up for a laugh... :p run in the pit with a melee tank haha.. damn would be ownage =) i think one of the only classes that can go there and solo are hybrids ( run in barrel get out heal / buff ) and droners.

I dit it with my rifler once but got chashed out of the zone by 30 mobs :p

NexusPlexus
08-12-03, 15:01
if u actually want to hurlers and butchee's damage to be reduced then u must be bizarrely lucky your end of the genepool actually got this far through time.

they are so immensely slow, you can easily out-manouevre and outrun them.
if you're going to stand in front of 'em and go one for one then yes -duh!- they'll drop you.

the same way you would use the terrain for cover when potting bots, you use a little speed and a "brain".

c'mon, if you can't get yer head around strategy for a hurler you should downgrade to pacman.

Wrathwind
08-12-03, 15:03
Heh, I used to go to the pit with the Reveler epic car, and shoot them up with the vehicle gun. Good fun, and great leveling for a lowbie char, the vehicle gun rips through launchers in a couple of bursts. Ammo is a bit challenging though, you either have to carry so much ammo that you can't move or run to the middle of the mobs to loot corpses for recycle junk. Butchees are no problem then, but you'll learn to hate mutant warriors with the insane range on their street model rifles, seriously they are the worst problem there.. ;)

J. Folsom
08-12-03, 15:09
With some clever maneuvering it's actually possible to kill them without getting hit by their fists with melee, the range at which the hurlers/butchees use their fists is smaller then the range you have with a melee weapon, so if you keep just far away enough you can kill them with melee while they only throw 'nades at you.

I know all those guys hanging around outzone 4 used to hate me on my melee tank since I outdamaged them with ease, while barely getting hit as well!

Dardalion
08-12-03, 15:11

They are evil with their uber fists :(

Strych9
08-12-03, 16:24
Regardless of everyone patting themselves on the back for being able to kill a Hurler or Butchee, it still doesnt make much sense that their melee attack does so much more damage then a direct hit from a grenade.

My tank (13/29 right now) can take an indefinite amount of direct grenade hits... my TL3 heal and medkits can easily outpace the damage. But 2-3 melee hits and I would be dead. Of course I am a HC tank so I never engage them melee- but the point is NOT that people have a hard time killing them.

The point is that the melee does a disproportionate amount of damage vs its other attacks.

Marx
08-12-03, 16:26
force resist and decent armor makes 'em tickle my melee tank.

:confused:

Strych9
08-12-03, 17:23
Originally posted by Marx
force resist and decent armor makes 'em tickle my melee tank.

:confused: The point is that with force resist and armor, the grenades they use likely tickle your tank less than their melee though.

Marx
08-12-03, 17:40
With melee you can still attack them outside their melee range though. Thats what I do.

Zanathos
08-12-03, 18:18
Are you..... stupid?

A melee tank can easily fight butchees or hurlers or any OTHER Mob.

Cept maybe some of the really high level ones.... Decayed stuff and chasers....

Warbots? No, just gotta be smart.

Melee Tanks against those mobs is easy.

Circle them, try to stay behiend them, yes it consumes alot of endurance....... Oh heaven forbid if you Melee tanks have to move while you attack your opponents.

Throw in a deflector, cast a heal spell, wear some armor, and their damage is nothing.

and WTF do you mean you seen a fully buffed PPU die from a Hurler/Butchee? Must of been a newbie since PPU's, good ones, can take punishment from 2 Copbots and stay alive, 3 is too much.

I'll tell ya one thing, Butchees and hurlers will never kill my PPU unless I lag to death.

Cast heal, cast Deflector, throw on a medkit, and start hacking away.

Silly humans.....

Strych9
08-12-03, 18:21
Okay. Congrats to everyone that can kill a Butchee. We are proud.

Does the fact that you brag about how easy it is to kill them mean that you think it makes sense that their melee attack does SO much more damage than the genades... or do you think that is odd?

Again- I am not saying they are hard to kill... just saying their melee damage seems out of whack.

Sundiver
08-12-03, 18:41
I vote no because I use them for upping any new char's CON :p they are great for that.

Zanathos
08-12-03, 19:03
Think about it... this is a game for a second so exclude real life examples.

The hurler and Butchee are huge. They are very strong and do even more damage with their fists... with the Brass knukles they wear.... Now they toss a stupid trash grenade... which will do more damage?

KimmyG
08-12-03, 19:19
No why make something easy. If your tank cant take them fight something else.

Marx
08-12-03, 20:20
Originally posted by Strych9
Does the fact that you brag about how easy it is to kill them mean that you think it makes sense that their melee attack does SO much more damage than the genades... or do you think that is odd?.

My point as follows: "Does it matter?"

If you really want to complain about this until it gets fixed, go for it. Personally, I'd rather have fixes for other more important things.

It doesn't upset the balance of combat in any way, and as another poster put, it's nice for raising con.

Strych9
08-12-03, 20:24
My point as follows: "Does it matter?"

If you really want to complain about this until it gets fixed, go for it. Personally, I'd rather have fixes for other more important things.

It doesn't upset the balance of combat in any way, and as another poster put, it's nice for raising con. THis is actually completely inconsequential to me. I hope they fix 1000 other things before spending time on this.

But I must say I am stumped that you still have yet to answer the questions as to whether or not it makes sense. LOL

It doesnt have to "matter" for you to say either "I think their melee should do 10 times more damage" or to say "I think their melee is a bit much compared to their other attack."

If you are embarrassed to say your opinion in public, a yes or no, you can PM me with it Marx. ;)

Oh well, I will stop posting in this thread. If my posting here makes people think I am concerned about this issue, I guess this is my last post.

Marx
08-12-03, 20:38
THis is actually completely inconsequential to me. I hope they fix 1000 other things before spending time on this.

But I must say I am stumped that you still have yet to answer the questions as to whether or not it makes sense. LOL

It doesnt have to "matter" for you to say either "I think their melee should do 10 times more damage" or to say "I think their melee is a bit much compared to their other attack."

If you are embarrassed to say your opinion in public, a yes or no, you can PM me with it Marx. ;)

Oh well, I will stop posting in this thread. If my posting here makes people think I am concerned about this issue, I guess this is my last post.

Wow Strych, you showed me who's boss.

Lemme put it this way, MS-paint style:

http://dirtynuke.net/hurler.PNG

case = cast =P

In realistic terms, no, it doesn't make any sense at all. But last time I checked, this was a fucking game.

Strych9
08-12-03, 20:48
See, wasnt that easy?

In realistic terms, no, it doesn't make any sense at all. But last time I checked, this was a fucking game.

Good advice. I will remember that for the future.

Marx
08-12-03, 20:55
See, wasnt that easy?

Um... Your point?

Did we go through this entire song and dance just to say HEY GUYZ THE HURLER MELEE ATTACK DOES MORE DAMAGE THAN THE GRENADE ATTACK!!11HURRRRRRr.

Realistically it makes no sense that plasma is green and works the way it does, but you don't see people complaining about that.

Hell, there are alot of things in game that makes little to no sense, but they are bearable because it's a game.

Suspension of disbeleif is a necessity.

Strych9
08-12-03, 20:59
Hell, there are alot of things in game that makes little to no sense, but they are bearable because it's a game.
Marx, you are making this out to be much bigger than it is.

I never said it wasnt bearable.

I was ONLY... I repeat ONLY interested in whether or not people thought the difference between the melee attack and the grenade attack made sense.

I can certainly bear it. I can kill the Hurlers and Butchees with ease. I have levelled off them with every char I have ever created in this game.

Yes this is a game. And no, things dont have to "make sense." But things usually need to be consistent. People tend to want that. People tend to want a TL 115 gun to do more damage than a TL 80 gun. If the Cursed Soul did less damage than the TPC, people would have a problem with that, even though its only a game. :)

But I have not been screaming as to "OMG NERF TEH HURRLERS!!!". I dont think killing them is hard. I always have been surpised, after taking several direct grenade hits to my head, how much more damage a single melee punch from them does.

I was only wondering how many others thought that was odd. Not important, or unbearable... just odd.

Marx
08-12-03, 21:12
I'm not making it out to be bigger than it is.

I'M SAYING TO THE COMMUNITY, THIS IS A GAME, NOT LIFE. THINGS ARE DIFFERENT AND MAY NOT MAKE SENSE. LIVE WITH IT BECAUSE IF YOU DON'T LIKE IT, THERE ARE OTHER WAYS TO ACCOMPLISH WHAT YOU WANT. YOU CAN TACKLE ANY PROBLEM IN A MYRIAD OF WAYS, AND CAN MELEE FUCKING HURLERS WITHOUT EVER GETTING HIT.

My question to you is, what crawled up your ass?

If you are embarrassed to say your opinion in public, a yes or no, you can PM me with it Marx.

o_O

Mumblyfish
08-12-03, 21:14
The whole realism thing is why I hate PC gaming.

You're all bastards.

Strych9
08-12-03, 21:16
LOL. I sense much anger in this one.

Okay, its dropped.

Let the record show Marx thinks that things dont have to make sense in a game.

Marx
08-12-03, 21:17
Let the record show Marx thinks that things dont have to make sense in a game.

Amen, back to playing Toon Town (http://play.toontown.com/webHome.php?source=Direct) for me.

Shadow Dancer
08-12-03, 21:23
Marx is right though. You can easily name a thousand things in the game that don't make sense that should make sense.

Strych9
08-12-03, 21:30
Marx is right though. You can easily name a thousand things in the game that don't make sense that should make sense. LOL. No one EVER said he was wrong. :D

Marx
08-12-03, 21:33
LOL. No one EVER said he was wrong. :D

Let the record show Marx thinks that things dont have to make sense in a game

You never outright say it, but what you do say leads one to beleive you have that state of mind.

;)

Glok
08-12-03, 21:37
I melee those stupid things all the time to get str xp on my PE (after ridiculous LoMing sessions...) WTF is the problem? I have never died to one of those tits, you just back off a bit when you get low, cast a heal, and run back in... :confused:

Just for comparison, I have killed grims with a LLB2 on my PE. Not really a problem. Maybe melee could use a damage boost so it doesn't take so freaking long, but the basic mechanics are fine and so is mob damage.

amfest
08-12-03, 22:58
how about we up the dmg of their grenades to be more in line with thier punch :D

Scikar
09-12-03, 00:16
Keep the punch, it's the best way of levelling CON at low levels.

Shujin
09-12-03, 00:36
Originally posted by •Super|\|ova•
Shujin, you just have to use some tactics in PvM also. For example, keep moving so you are always behind it if possible and once in awhile pull back, move forward attack few times, pull back etc... that's the tactic I used on Butchees and Hurlers with my melee tank. It's quite easy. Oh, yeah, and a PPU sticking to your ass is a good tactic also ;) go near a butchee or hurler, they dont even need to be lookin at u

they dont even have to punch, u go near it, and u get hit out of no where.

u dont even see the hit animation before u fall dead.

wtf tactices can u do as a melee to hit them?
i tried being on top of a crate ( storage ) but they still hit u w/ melee if ur that close to them, and most of the time they'll walk off so u cant hit them unless u get off crate.

and for the guy who said ;O dur u shouldnt attack it if ur 0/2, well

im not fuckin 0/2 im /30 and usin all battle 3, and highest melee

wep i can use at my current skill level, and im gettin killed in 1-2

Originally posted by Glok
I melee those stupid things all the time to get str xp on my PE (after ridiculous LoMing sessions...) WTF is the problem? I have never died to one of those tits, you just back off a bit when you get low, cast a heal, and run back in... :confused:

Just for comparison, I have killed grims with a LLB2 on my PE. Not really a problem. Maybe melee could use a damage boost so it doesn't take so freaking long, but the basic mechanics are fine and so is mob damage.

the prob is they never hit me above the waist, they hit my legs every fuckin time, i cant run away.

Scikar
09-12-03, 00:38
Then you need to spec some resist force and use deflector.

Shujin
09-12-03, 00:42
Originally posted by Scikar
Then you need to spec some resist force and use deflector. tank w/ str in resist force = no no

implants + armor = enuf resist force

Glok
09-12-03, 00:43
PE + deflector + deflector belt = dead butchee at any range. :D

/edit: Yes, I melee the bastards. Cyclops too (and their melee is far more deadly.)

Scikar
09-12-03, 00:49
tank w/ str in resist force = no no

implants + armor = enuf resist force

No, tank with no str in resist force = noob who will be killed by SpeedGun, Pain Easer, Liberator, Silent Hunter, or Splitter modded Moon Striker.

Seven
09-12-03, 00:51
Okay. Congrats to everyone that can kill a Butchee. We are proud.

Does the fact that you brag about how easy it is to kill them mean that you think it makes sense that their melee attack does SO much more damage than the genades... or do you think that is odd?

Again- I am not saying they are hard to kill... just saying their melee damage seems out of whack.

Some weapon to mob damage is out of whack too.

Like 2 rockets from a rocket launcher to kill a diseased rat!

Heavyporker
09-12-03, 04:38
I'm going to quote someone from a long time ago...

you think you shouldn't get hurt when you get punched by someone built like a brick shithouse?

a little tin can stuffed with a spoonful of gunpower is hardly going to impress someone.

a 20-lb fist attached to a 600 lb man certainly will impress.

g0rt
09-12-03, 05:31
i like it the way it is

its fun to freeze noobs when they are running from a butchee or hurler and watch them get choped up hahahahaha

just kidding....

KRIMINAL99
09-12-03, 05:33
Originally posted by Glok

Most melee users are tanks with a ton of health like 500+.
It takes like 5 or 6 casts to fill their health with their heal.

Melee dam is scaled to health. Tanks get like 100+ dam per hit and they hit really fast.

And you used to be able to do stuff like just run behind the mobs, but you havent been able to for a very long time... The mob doesnt have to even attack half the time your health just goes down magically.

And shadow dancer, its not the same for a tank as it is for an apu in the chaos caves. I go in there all the time with n00b spies tradeskillers to level them and do fine, while my tanks always die really fast (if i acted the same with them). The reason is because my spy with like 100 health loses only like 30-40 health in one hit and then i just back off and it takes 2 sec to heal. My tank with 550 hp runs up and loses like 200 hp in one hit and for some reason mobs are much more likely to gang up on him. The if he tries to go heal he has to run 10x farther than an apu spamming from halfway behind a wall to get to safety...

naimex
09-12-03, 05:44
no no no..

why ??

dude i dunno... cuz their good capping con on as a lowbie.. ^^