PDA

View Full Version : A host, my avatar spoil's for want of a host......

Q`alooaith
07-12-03, 23:58
well it appear's the place that is hosting my avatar is going bye bye soon, so whould anyone know a good and free host so I don't become a little X or somthing else just as bad if not worse...

Nexxy
08-12-03, 00:00
the neocron forums server hosts your av....

oh but if you need it for other forums try - http://www.waaazup.com/p/uploads/

Q`alooaith
08-12-03, 00:02
ahh good, I knew that I'm sure...

though I'll still need the info since I'm overdue a new avy... ;)

and if you look that link is old, they is stopped that and is deleting all their oldy's soonish... thus the change.

Q`alooaith
08-12-03, 01:26
One last time, then I try and get my NTL to work properly...

anyone know a place to host my avatar, the wazzup don't do it anymore.. which is the reason I asked in the first place.

Glok
08-12-03, 01:33
Once the Neocron forums display your avatar it is stored locally. You only need the initial upload.

Q`alooaith
08-12-03, 01:55
Originally posted by Glok
Once the Neocron forums display your avatar it is stored locally. You only need the initial upload.

and there's the problem, I don't know any place's short term or otherwise that I can bung my avatar, Anglefire block's remote and so do the other free webpage site's, so the problem is realy where..

I don't want to be stuck with the same old avatar all along, it's nice to change..

REMUS
08-12-03, 02:45
i stored my avatar using wazzzup??? :confused:

t0tt3
08-12-03, 02:48
well the fu*k* the waaazup page up so you cant just upload something.... duh! :(

ElfinLord
08-12-03, 03:51
I used www.20megsfree.com to store my avatar.

I tried it once for one of my sigs, but it gave me the whole remote linking not allowed bs after a while.

As far as I can tell, once you have uploaded your avatar, it is hosted by the forums server and is no longer linked to the free web host, in my case 20megsfree.com.

You could also try www.sighost.us or www.satanslaw.co.uk or www.miamihost.net (my GF uses this one)

Anyway, I hope this helps.