PDA

View Full Version : Make noob stuff sell at shop and drop

Judge
07-12-03, 15:32
Ok, this is so damn irritating....

I'm trying to level up my reporter character from scratch using mainly funds from reporting but thee is a problem:

There are loads of noob weapons that don't sell in the god damn shops or drop. The question is why? Why don't these tl 7 and such like items sell in the shops, or drop?

Here is a list of noob weapons that should drop and be sold at shops:

Medicant Rifle
Medicant SMG
Lazar gun
Lazar rifle
Junk Knife

Now this might not seem such a large problem to all your with 4 capped chars and a PPU up your arse if you want to reroll another character for some reason... but this is a seriously annoying part of the levleing process at noob status. It is amazingly tedious to have to level up to dex 13 I think it is to get an archer companion rifle, using only the lazar rifle you got from startup. And what happens if you lose that weapon?

Also so many noob weapons are ONLY sold in shops.... I am amazed at how fucking expensive these things are.... for a noob leveling on his own you don't get much money, then you have to spend almost all of it aquiring a "poor" weapon. Which you then have to get researched and contructed. So why not increase the drop table to include all the noob weapons so that they drop from low level mutants, like mutant scouts and corporals.

Also another thing. Why are level one chips dropping only off of four chev and one star mobs? Like the noobs with just enough dex to sue that motoric one are going to be able to hunt launcher cyclops. Sorry but its just fucked up.

Anyway thats my rant over for today. Back to coursework. :(

Maarten
07-12-03, 15:35
Make low-level mobs drop the weapon they use. Problem solved.

Psyco Groupie
07-12-03, 15:43
mobs do drop em ...

Morris
07-12-03, 16:01
Uh... I for one have never seen a Mendicant gun or junk knife drop from anything. Mendicant BPs are easy enough to come by (I gave Mendicant uzi bps to noobs for free, until the cab I kept them in ate the bps and the gun). The one time I tried to get a junk knife, the only guy with one wanted like 800k for a bp. Pff.

So let the low-level weapons drop I say! *****

Judge
07-12-03, 16:18
Originally posted by Maarten
Make low-level mobs drop the weapon they use. Problem solved.

No mobs use the mediant smg or medicant rifle. So it wouldn't solve the problem.

Originally posted by Psyco Groupie
mobs do drop em ...

Some mobs drop the weapons they use. About two of the mutants drop what they use, it needs to be a bit higher. Also that wouldn't solve the problem completely again because the mobs they drop from are probably too higha level for noobs with the gun below what they need to take down.

Scikar
07-12-03, 16:46
The Berserk Beggars use Mendicant weapons I think. There's a cellar in Plaza 3 which has them. But they just drop bone enforcements like every other low level mob.

Nightbrother
07-12-03, 16:51
No mobs drop the 5 weapons mentioned earlier. EricDraven should know for sure, since he knows all about the loot tables. :-)

OT: Has anyone found a strange book yet? I saw some time ago that someone got a Terminator together, but I dunno if it was a genuine one, or a haxed one.

Judge
07-12-03, 16:54
Originally posted by Scikar
The Berserk Beggars use Mendicant weapons I think. There's a cellar in Plaza 3 which has them. But they just drop bone enforcements like every other low level mob.

I stand corrected.

But those bezerk beggars are viscious bastards... and I don't see a noob with a lazar rifle being able to kill one of those dudes.