PDA

View Full Version : More new item graphics!

Maarten
07-12-03, 15:32
This time it's the belts! Everybody loves the fact that all belts look exactly the same (except the (useless) energyfield belts).

http://www.eaglered.net/neocron/belts.jpg

KK can drop me a message if they want to include these in the game as well, but they will be in the next version of NeoLauncherPRO which will be released tonight or tomorrow.

Psyco Groupie
07-12-03, 15:44
sweeet.

are all the other icons in the next neocron launcher .. cos the last install crashed only installing half of em :/

Dont Mess
07-12-03, 16:13
hmm its ok im not saying i dont like it just summin about its not rite. i dont like the energy belt colour i think thats ok as silver but if u cold like change the levels some how like uve done heavy is dark light is not dark. fire mayb an orange colour. posion is cool. deflector i cant think of a diff colour but 4 now its cool. PSI belt is great. good work tho keep the ideas coming i admit its annoying on my spy 2 go through the belts 2 see which 1 u need like on my ppu monk which is shelt and which is def but uve fixed that now. its a good idea mayb kk should employ u lol. u can be callsh's lil helper.

Krll
07-12-03, 16:18
Looking good. :)

Two thumbs up and a five star rating. :)

-Krll

Cruzbroker
07-12-03, 16:22
Keep them coming o_O
Are they in zip somewhere?..

robinitnow
07-12-03, 16:32
Don't get me wrong I think it grate that you are doing these graphical mods but I fell that they look to cartooney.

sorry:(

Scikar
07-12-03, 16:33
5 stars from me. Even if some people don't like them I doubt they can honestly say they prefer the current GFX.

Xian
07-12-03, 16:38
Very nicely done, I like the way they progress colour wise.

JiNxY
07-12-03, 16:52
i think its a good idea to have something to distinguish between the belts, but i dont like any of the colours. they just dont look like the rest of the graphics in game IMO anyway.
maybe they look better when you see them ingame.

SigmaDraconis
07-12-03, 16:56
hmm

i like the idea.. but some of them are no more easy to distinguish between than the current graphics ( Ie between diff Psi belts, or between energy and poison) what i mean to say is the colours are too close together in the spectrum and may look the same at a quick glance :P

Sealdude
07-12-03, 18:29
5 stars

07-12-03, 18:36
Originally posted by robinitnow
Don't get me wrong I think it grate that you are doing these graphical mods but I fell that they look to cartooney.

I dont think they will look cartoony when they are actual size, its always nice to differenciate stuff.

I like.

:)

Cypher_Psy
07-12-03, 19:07
Nice job, but instead say of having the medium belts have a faded colour, maybe the elements need to be fully coloured in.

It's hard to distiguish between the belts in one class.

What I mean is like the buckle is fully coloured on the low belt but the other belt pocket/things are not. Perhaps make it so that on the medium belt, two things are fully coloured with one not, and the heavy all three are coloured.
For the psi belt maybe the left hand element could be half-coloured in for the third level, and all coloured for the forth.

Another way could be to swap the heavy for the medium, and for the heavy have the belt fully coloured in.

;)

Maarten
07-12-03, 21:20
Originally posted by SigmaDraconis
what i mean to say is the colours are too close together in the spectrum and may look the same at a quick glance :P

You have any idea how small the spectrum is? There are 3 main colors in the spectrum and I have 5 different belts. So the only color that is at least a little different from the others that I haven't used is purple.

So if you want color coding to distinguish the belts, this is best I can do. :)

Nvidia
07-12-03, 22:05
Congrats, Maarten, You get Nvidia's Sex Stamp of Approval...

SEX

Keep up the nice work man ;)

RuButt
07-12-03, 23:13
perhaps make the belt itself more coloured on the heavy belts?

belt as in, not 'em packages, but the like "background" belt

that wud be uber...

like....fire belt totally red =)))

VVerevvolf
07-12-03, 23:18
Originally posted by robinitnow

Exactly what I thought. The colours are too.. well.. 'strong'...

Heavyporker
07-12-03, 23:27
omg.. they look... GORGEOUS!

I find the energy protection belts look a bit odd, though... I think white, as the color of energy most people are familiar with, would work better...

Maybe the fire belts need a bit more of an orange tint.

But, still, all in all, very nice!

Opar
07-12-03, 23:45
very nice. SEX.

Spex
08-12-03, 02:20
Lets use the primary colors everywhere ... geez, this is not Might & Magic 4, this is Neocron. Means: I don't like them at all.

BaDDaSS
08-12-03, 02:47
Nice work Maaten.

Please dont forget to include the stealth Activator in the next gfx package that goes into NL PRO :)

KC DEE
08-12-03, 03:24
@mods... plz move such threads into the moding-forum like anybody else do

@maarten... plz use the moding forum for such threads and only do linking threads in the comunity talk like anybody else do, too

all this is becouse we all ( the modders ) want more people to look into the moding-forum...and such threads outside of it make this unreachable. about the half of the people still didnt have noticed there is one. its nothing against your great work but plz work together with us all and not against forum rules.

this was i'd wanted to say.

rob444
08-12-03, 03:31
Have I missed something? Since when are we allowed to modify "protected" files in the game? Just curious..

Lafiel
08-12-03, 03:38
when i hear deflector i think brown o_0

BaDDaSS
08-12-03, 04:15
Originally posted by Lafiel
when i hear deflector i think brown o_0

Did you see the doctor?

jernau
08-12-03, 12:21
Originally posted by KC DEE
@mods... plz move such threads into the moding-forum like anybody else do

@maarten... plz use the moding forum for such threads and only do linking threads in the comunity talk like anybody else do, too

all this is becouse we all ( the modders ) want more people to look into the moding-forum...and such threads outside of it make this unreachable. about the half of the people still didnt have noticed there is one. its nothing against your great work but plz work together with us all and not against forum rules.

this was i'd wanted to say.

The thread doesn't fit MJS' strict instructions for the modding forum.

Also, cross-linking threads is not allowed at all.

BaDDaSS
08-12-03, 20:57
/me coninues to wait for the new NeoLauncherPro :)

{MD}GeistDamnit
08-12-03, 21:34
I dont like the belts as much as I liked the spell icons.The couor is too bold. Belts were fine the way they were, but to show a difference they should look different.I honestly don't know what I would do to make em look different.

g0rt
08-12-03, 21:45
Originally posted by Maarten
This time it's the belts! Everybody loves the fact that all belts look exactly the same (except the (useless) energyfield belts).

http://www.eaglered.net/neocron/belts.jpg

KK can drop me a message if they want to include these in the game as well, but they will be in the next version of NeoLauncherPRO which will be released tonight or tomorrow.

luv it :d

Clownst0pper
08-12-03, 21:54
LOL you lot are so easily pleased, from a practical point thumbs up. From an abobe Photoshop point, I could have equally done the same in roughly 5 minutes.

:o simple but effective? :cool:

Maarten
09-12-03, 00:27
Originally posted by Spex
Lets use the primary colors everywhere ... geez, this is not Might & Magic 4, this is Neocron. Means: I don't like them at all.

You know what, you are totally right. It is NOT a good idea to use primary colors everywhere.

But this was (as Clownst0pper already mentioned) a 10 minute Photoshop job. I'm very busy atm and I really do not have a lot of time to spend on Neocron anymore.
I made these so there would be new belt graphics for the next version of NL PRO to at least introduce a way to tell them apart.

I will create new ones (probably even model them) when I have the time, which is something I really do not have right now.

PS KK, what I said in my first post, about you putting these in the game as well, ignore that, these are not good enough to be put ingame... ;)

Jest
09-12-03, 00:34
Geez man that's really good. You do some nice work.

Clownst0pper
09-12-03, 14:52
PS KK, what I said in my first post, about you putting these in the game as well, ignore that, these are not good enough to be put ingame...

LOL I didnt want to put a negative on the thread mate, just thought (from an adobe viewpoint) there a piece of piss. I might do my own in afew days time.

Your spell icons as well look simple enough, but as i said, they do there job and look loads better :cool:

LVirus
09-12-03, 15:05
How about 3D models? Those covers only 2D models.

TheEnemy
09-12-03, 15:34
Good job.

LVirus who cares about the 3D models? That's only needed if you take the belt off and throw it on the ground. Could be making more 2D gfx replacements instead!