PDA

View Full Version : Deus Ex 2 : Invisible War retail

kurai
07-12-03, 11:31
Well ... bleurgh.

That's about as good as my impressions got :(

I was playing the PC version, and it's very definitely been "consoled" to hell and back, as others have noted.

Finished it in about 15 hours total playtime, and that's investigating every little cubby hole, and trying different conversational choices etc.

Even with low resolutions, detail set on "crap" and the .inis tweaked to hell it still ran like a dog.
To be frank - you aren't missing much in that mode because even with all the bells and whistles turned on it still looks really dull and uninspiring.

And as far as the gameplay/immersion factor ?
It would have been nice to have some.

Ho hum.

Overall - a real disappointment. :confused:

Richard Adregen
07-12-03, 11:55
Right. Another game I won't be getting then. Saves me cash. Disappointing though... I expected better from them... :(

RA.

Tazo
07-12-03, 15:14
not even gonna try before first patch. maybe i will be able not to puke just by looking at it by then.

.Cyl0n
07-12-03, 15:38
arrgh i just got it =/
anyway imma go tweak the ini now... lets see what it can change :)

*hopes*

.cy

boone
07-12-03, 15:41
agree, i was so waiting for this game, having high hopes for it. they surely got shot to shit. :(

Psyco Groupie
07-12-03, 15:41
i'd prolly get a good fps but im a poor student and I need something with lots of single player so I dont have to use expensive dialup so often, need for speed it is :P

Eddie
07-12-03, 15:58
Damn.. this game was so hyped up and it turned into such a disappointment.

Worse still is I have a GF2 which doesn't support pixel shading: so I can't even run the sodding thing.

(Unless it can be conned into thinking I do....?)

There are some games that you feel you've got to try.. even if everyone slates them.

Much like movies you've *got* to watch (based on their previous incarnations)... even though they may not be the best in the world nor live up to the predecessors *cough* Matrix *cough*

Eddie

Kimiko
07-12-03, 16:51
http://neocron.jafc.de/showthread.php?threadid=72847

Hmm.

.Cyl0n
07-12-03, 16:52
hmm i gotta say it runs pretty good after tweakin the ini ( at med details ) :)

just entered the city... gonna play more later^^

.cy

Nightbrother
07-12-03, 16:57
I saw it at my friend's house and he told me that he read that someone had finished it in less than 13 hours, and I was like wtf? My memory might be seriously whacked, but could you finish the first game that quick if it was played at a similar pace?? You couldnt could you?

And I resent the lack of RPG elements (consoled to hell... as kurai said, but he might just have meant the graphic look/feel of the game), the lack of location (on your body) damage like in the 1st one.

I can't describe how much I looked forward to this game. If they treat Thief 3 the same way, I'll go bash someone's head in. :(

Kobra007
07-12-03, 17:09
I agree, its NOT a good game.

I have a beefy system, and it was so sluggish, I could barely move. So I ran out and bought a 9800PRO, slapped it in, and could run it perfectly.

Its then I discovered the game blows. :rolleyes:

ServeX
07-12-03, 19:03
deus ex 2 runs at like 60 fps on my pc.

2800ghz p4 w/ ht
ati 9800 radeon xt
1024 ram
120 gb hd

and i just beat it like 5 minutes ago, I enjoyed it a lot personally, but maybe thats because it ran very smoothly on my system and on highest detail etc.

Marx
07-12-03, 19:18
PRAY THAT STALKER (http://www.stalker-game.com/) IS A GOOD GAME, IT'S OUR LAST HOPE!

:( :confused: :mad: :confused: :( :confused: :mad: :confused: :( :confused: :mad: :confused: :( :confused: :mad: :confused: :( :mad: :confused: :( :confused: :mad: :confused: :( :confused: :mad: :confused: :( :mad:

petek480
07-12-03, 20:10
It's running fine for me, had to tweak the .ini some but other then that nothing. And the game play isn't that bad either, at least I don't think so. It still has the feel dues ex had for me and i'm having fun playing it.

Drake6k
07-12-03, 20:52
After about 10 hours of play I'm half way through the game. Doing 'everything' and reloading. It's just like the old game... flaws and all. I'd give it a 8 out of 10. Plays just like a Deus Ex game should. Half the fun is exploiting AI and trying to do things you shouldnt be able to. The ragdoll and shadows are fucking fun. Biomods are more important in this game and really effect what you'll be doing.

It IS a good game damn it, if your system is good go buy it!

Eddie
07-12-03, 21:05
Originally posted by petek480
It's running fine for me, had to tweak the .ini some but other then that nothing. And the game play isn't that bad either, at least I don't think so. It still has the feel dues ex had for me and i'm having fun playing it.

Tweakage? Where can I find out more? :D

Eddie

petek480
07-12-03, 22:05
The deus ex 2 forums.

Birkoff
07-12-03, 22:16
[ edited for violation of the forum rules - software theft ]
THe first game was sick and still probably the best game I've played but I ain't heard a good thing about the 2nd one yet

deac
07-12-03, 22:33
yea stalker is our last hope...

ServeX
07-12-03, 22:56
I don't know about the rest of you, but I loved it, I just finished beating it on the illuminati side and the jc denton side and I really enjoyed it a lot especially with the new biomod features and the part where you rescue jc denton is awesome with the warping and stuff and the jc denton ending is awesome

icarium
07-12-03, 23:13
not out in uk yet is it? and they wonder why people dload games :rolleyes:

NeoChick
08-12-03, 00:33
Damn I ordered it and it is on the way - too late

I was so looking forward to this game!

Well I will just have to give it a try, hopefully a patch is out by the time it arrives.................sigh

culture
08-12-03, 00:59
Runs fine on my lowend computer...

And i actually think it's quite nice :) Better than Deus Ex 1...

rob444
08-12-03, 02:15
I've not tried the game yet and I cant wait.. Anyway I've heard they removed "console" stuff like unified ammo etc.

Shadow Dancer
08-12-03, 03:36
Originally posted by ServeX
I don't know about the rest of you, but I loved it, I just finished beating it on the illuminati side and the jc denton side and I really enjoyed it a lot especially with the new biomod features and the part where you rescue jc denton is awesome with the warping and stuff and the jc denton ending is awesome

dude, put spoiler next time. lol

ServeX
08-12-03, 04:58
oops :rolleyes:

oh and they already have plans for a third deus ex I hear :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

DrekHead
08-12-03, 05:45
nooooooo sir NO, a pure article of garbage, no! degrading over mellenia in a dump is too good for it im gonna burn it because its CRAP. bought it friday hyped to hell and back AWESOME installed it got goin..... 5 and a half hours later, WTF THAT GAME SUCKED ASS why does god hate me?

Problems:
graphics: im running a 9800 XT yes girls that 256 mb and it was just ugly i mean the lighting effects created some coo scenes occasionaly but come on.
Small cities: i refuse to believe future seattle will be composed of an app building a club a big elevator some slums and a labratory oh a coffe shop too. and cairo, waht were they thinking?
i will never EVER trust another "proffesional review ever"

I BEAT IT IN 5 AND A HALF HOURS no strat guide did alot of sidequests words cannot possibly do justice to my dissapointment and disgust with eidos and everyone involved.

Its like stealth neocron for retards.

and does anyone know wahts is unique about each playthrough?

lordofkhaoz
08-12-03, 06:03
i just recently started playing the first deus ex.. it was 9.99 at the video store near where i live so i picked it up and .. dam! this game is kickin ass big time. i just got passed the mission where i find out that my brother paulis working for the nsf.. i killed that russian angent anna on the plane b4r she could kill that guy.. i blew here to chunks with some LAMS dunno if i shoulda but it seemed like the right thing to do. i like the augmentation system and the skill system is cool too. i had no idea when i was buying it that it was so similar to neocron in the look and feel of the game.. its definetly been satisfiying my nc craving since i dont have the money to afford it or a cable insternet connection right now.. hopefully ill be back ingame soon :(

Birkoff
08-12-03, 07:21
Yeah dude the first game is fucking kick ass sick, you'll play it again after u complete i bet to see what other areas or convos/ mission you could of done or take differnt skills and imps...

Completed that game wwwwaaayyyy to many times....

petek480
08-12-03, 07:23
Originally posted by Birkoff
Yeah dude the first game is fucking kick ass sick, you'll play it again after u complete i bet to see what other areas or convos/ mission you could of done or take differnt skills and imps...

Completed that game wwwwaaayyyy to many times....
I've beat deus ex probably about 10 times and I can still play it again and find new stuff and new ways of doing things.

Birkoff
08-12-03, 07:28
Originally posted by petek480
I've beat deus ex probably about 10 times and I can still play it again and find new stuff and new ways of doing things.

Yup know the feeling :)

Seems when ever NC goes down i end up starting it again and then not playing NC till i finish it, i still can't find Angent Navara's(how u spell her name) kill phrase.

I'll find it one day :P

Shadow Dancer
08-12-03, 07:39
I loved the part where you use her killphrase against her.

Mmmm, I did it twice just to see the sequence. :p

Birkoff
08-12-03, 08:32
lol, you trying to make me install and try and find it?

dam you

Jest
08-12-03, 08:50
Originally posted by Shadow Dancer
I loved the part where you use her killphrase against her.

Mmmm, I did it twice just to see the sequence. :p I just shotgun her in the back of the head on the airplane. haha.

I havent gotten Deus Ex 2 yet but I definitely will, just dont have the money for it yet with Christmas shopping and all. But I will look into tweaking the ini before I even get it. :)