PDA

View Full Version : Hacking OPs

gizmojack
07-12-03, 07:41
How much hack is recommended for each layer?

And any other things i should know about hacking OPs?
Like if I fail, how long do I have to wait to hack again?
And if I hack 1 layer down, how long does it last before the layers reset?

nonamebrandeggs
07-12-03, 07:45
100 hack is a sweet spot IMO.

Map out the best way to hack then do it.

You must wait 30 secs.

Too long to matter.

Menolak
07-12-03, 08:19
i have 88.. i can get a buff from ppu and it is enough for the first layer..
in a uplimk i can even get the third one

Morris
07-12-03, 12:48
I have 110 hack unbuffed and have little trouble hacking OPs, even without spy 3. If you fail a layer, you have to wait 30 seconds to try again (the OP's owners only get a warning when the hack succeeds, however).

BTW I saw you on local at Soliko earlier and spent like 15 minutes searching the zone for you. Eventually gave up because I figured you were still a constructor and couldn't hack the OP anyways. Darn droners o_O

We did get your friend though :p

Shadow Dancer
07-12-03, 12:56
WAYYYYYYYYYY back my apu had 105 hack, that was enough for ops and almost any belt.

Dazist
07-12-03, 13:30
Hack 100 is enough for any op. Occasionally it just might take few tries to get the job done.

Menolak
07-12-03, 13:41
there is a way to hack..that even with less..like me at 88..Ok not like 50 point less but you can still do it..
And no its not by starting at bottom. that techniqueis good only for those who started hacking and are not use with the game...
i did the first layer today with my technique. first try i did it.

maybe someday when i fell like it ill send pictures to show you how to do it.. :)

extract
07-12-03, 19:43
wait til theres like 15-20 seconds left go all the way to bottom and work way up.....thats the big secret =/

Trillian
07-12-03, 20:40
I have 104 hack, and can hack any op without any problem.

garyu69
08-12-03, 13:06
I have 107 hack and have never failed to hack an OP first time.....

well apart from this one time, but i refuse to talk about it :(

[TgR]KILLER
08-12-03, 13:09
I had 120 hack ( with spy 1 ) because it just looked cool ;) could hack any OP or belt without any problem..

gizmojack
08-12-03, 17:12
Originally posted by Morris
I have 110 hack unbuffed and have little trouble hacking OPs, even without spy 3. If you fail a layer, you have to wait 30 seconds to try again (the OP's owners only get a warning when the hack succeeds, however).

BTW I saw you on local at Soliko earlier and spent like 15 minutes searching the zone for you. Eventually gave up because I figured you were still a constructor and couldn't hack the OP anyways. Darn droners o_O

We did get your friend though :p

After playin long as a droner, you get really good at hiding :rolleyes:

Unfortuantely, sometimes its hard for my teamates to know where I am too :lol:

greploco
08-12-03, 18:20
100 hack on a spy with high INT is not the same as 100 hack on a PE with capped INT

generally, need more hack on PE to get the job done in a timely manner

I had 110 with bonuses up to 120 as PE hacker

floyd
08-12-03, 21:04
Working from the bottom up works about 1/5 the time with a hack skill over 75 for most belts - which can be harder than ops unless you hack one dropped by a low SL character. The real trick, in my experience, is not to try and "win" the hack, but to force the comp to "lose" it. Anyone who hacks will know what I mean (hopefully!).

That said, I for one am gonna leave my hack at 110 unbuffed atm. Makes most things in the game easy (although I admit the extra ten are not exactly essential, but I had 100, then I got an SF), and, who knows...

After all, they said DoY was never gonna come, and look what we're getting for Orthodox Christmas. Soooo, maybe, just maybe, leave hack high and hope for the hacknet! The promised land!

Btw, anyone else think that removing the boxes from point red was bloody annoying? (but at the same time fair enough I suppose)