PDA

View Full Version : I have no sound, help!

Fawkes
07-12-03, 07:35
Okay, this problem started a few days ago. My little brother was playing NFS:U when I decided I wanna take the computer (lolz). So, I took it. Then I found out there's a problem with the network cabel (happens sometimes), so I went behind the puter and started messing with the cabel. Magic touch, and teh internet is alive again. I surf a bit :cool: . Then I was thinking: hey, let's go play SW:KOTOR. So I did. But oh no! there's no sound! I mean, music does play. I mean, it doesn't. I mean, when I play a song, for example, I can see the music playing, but there's no sound coming out of the speakers. Okay, so I started thinking: what did I do wrong? oh, maybe I accidentally touched the sound card cabel *goes chceking* nope, it's in its slot. *opens puter to look inside* sound card seems in its place. what next? oh, maybe the volume is on mute or something. nope, it's all fine, only microphone is on mute. receiver is on? it's on. receiver's cables? all fine. what else? device manager. no yellow exclamation points or anything. I check my sound devices. all seems fine. everything says: This device is working properly. but wait! when I click Video Codecs and then click Creative SB Live! Wave Device, it says:

http://www.waaazup.com/p/uploads/8/error.jpg

and then:

http://www.waaazup.com/p/uploads/8/seems_fine.jpg

But it's under Video Codecs, so it has nothing to do with the sound not playing, right? beats me.

Okay, so none of the above worked. I uninstalled my sound card drivers (and all kinds of codecs I had: DivX, XviD, codec packs just to be sure) and restarted. Then I reinstalled my sound card drivers, but not the codecs. Restarted again. Still, sound appears to be playing, but I can't hear anything.

Please help me, I'm going crazy. I can't play kotor with no sound :<

System Details:
Windows XP Pro
AMD Athlon XP 2000 1.7mhz
Creative SB Live! Value (WDM)
DirectX 9.0b

dun think anything else is important, but tell me if I missed something.

EDIT: Oh, I forgot. Even after reinstalling (removing first), that wave device driver error still kept coming up.

Fawkes
07-12-03, 17:21
omg I fixed it ^^
apparently when I removed the drivers last time they weren't removed completely, and now they were.
wow, it's so good to hear sound coming out of my speakers again.
kotor here I come ;oD

RuButt
07-12-03, 17:47
fawkie!!

get msn and add me on Rubutt@hotmail.com

knar got some fucked up mail, but ill give u it over MSN

/ Eddy aka Edrahgor

Nightbrother
07-12-03, 23:35
Fawkes.... KoToR be da Wondroxxorzbar game!

Being evil is so funny, and some of the things you can say in that game... hahahahah.... hope you're enjoying it. I know I am! :D