PDA

View Full Version : What do you guys think of this?

VetteroX
07-12-03, 05:41
Well, today I spoke with another one of neocrons ever growing "[edited for violation of the forum rules - please refrain from the wholesale bashing of a large segment of nc's population] " club.

He belives that soon, kk will make the protpharm and biotech chips faction restricted. Yes, in other words, he belives KK would be insane enough to infuriate 90% of the players by making the chips almost everyone uses faction restricted.

In addition to making the epic work and trades many people did worthless, it would be totaly unbalanced if only pp chars could use the protopharma resistor, the epic weapons or whatever other factions got wouldnt make up for it.

I can see later, KK making things for pro nc and pro doy only, but, I KNOW KK isnt crazy enough to make the pp and bio chips faction restricted. I mean kk's done some crazystuff... but hopefully they arent this crazy.

So, what do you guys think?

Psycho Killa
07-12-03, 05:43
Would save me the trouble of doing a bunch of epic runs :)

Though honestly when all the epics are in place it wouldnt suprise me one bit. It was rumored they would be faction specific from the getgo. If they where planning on making them faction specific they wouldnt do it at first since not every faction has an item to use.

KimmyG
07-12-03, 05:44
Yea I dont think they would anyone that could use a PP or move who have a big advantage

\\Fényx//
07-12-03, 05:44
Originally posted by VetteroX
Well, today I spoke with another one of neocrons ever growing "[edited for consistency]" club.

He belives that soon, kk will make the protpharm and biotech chips faction restricted. Yes, in other words, he belives KK would be insane enough to infuriate 90% of the players by making the chips almost everyone uses faction restricted.

In addition to making the epic work and trades many people did worthless, it would be totaly unbalanced if only pp chars could use the protopharma resistor, the epic weapons or whatever other factions got wouldnt make up for it.

I can see later, KK making things for pro nc and pro doy only, but, I KNOW KK isnt crazy enough to make the pp and bio chips faction restricted. I mean kk's done some crazystuff... but hopefully they arent this crazy.

So, what do you guys think?

well first time for this, but i agree with you :O

Shadow Dancer
07-12-03, 05:48
That would be extremely lame.

Marx
07-12-03, 05:49
I would be extremely happy that I sold my stash of epics off earlier today.

But I'm happy anyway.

o_O

evs
07-12-03, 05:53
Well, today I spoke with another one of neocrons ever growing [ edited ] club.

argument with a mirror? :D

Glok
07-12-03, 05:54
Who cares? The change would apply to everyone. It would actually increase diversity through the factions if each faction had a unique item. Maybe characters would start to align with factions that are close to their ideals. Oh but wait. That is RP and Vet no like RP. LOL. So sad.

Psycho Killa
07-12-03, 05:58
Uh I think hes just pointing out the fact that alot of people have been trading for these items and spending the time getting them and that will have all been thrown away if kk decided to make them faction specific without mentioning it before hand.

Heaven forbid vet makes a post. Bad vet bad.

Glok
07-12-03, 05:59
Vet makes many posts.

KRIMINAL99
07-12-03, 06:00
PP chip sux imo Move on would be a big deal tho... I think they should realize that 90% of the epic loot is useless and it would be unfair to make the few useful ones fac restricted. Also many facs have something useful to only one or 2 classes...

Copbot armour - useless to all classes, all other max useable armours worth more in terms of con points

PP chip - some ppl like this so no comment i guess imo opinion poor use of head slot tho

diamond apt - no combat benefit, no gr either not very useful in any way

next vehicle - can this thing be permadestroyed like other vehicles? I was gonna say this thing is cool for 5 seconds but if its destroyable then its pretty useless in the longterm..

the weapons are each good for the respective class they serve CM DOY but suxx if your not that class... None of them seem to have anything useful for monks...

Psycho Killa
07-12-03, 06:04
o_O The pp chip is very useful.... It adds 15 enrgy 15 xray 15 fire.... thats like 45 addiotional con point in one single chip. Thats if your skills are below 50 if its higher well then it can be worth even more con points to you.

The vehicle I beleive is destroyable but then can be respawned at an asg for a price unlike other vehicles.

Glok
07-12-03, 06:08
Originally posted by KRIMINAL99
PP chip - some ppl like this so no comment i guess imo opinion poor use of head slot thoWhut?? The PP chip is one of the most valuabe chips you can get. The PP chip is more than just 45 points. Depending on your setup it can be 100 points or more. Say you have natural 50/50/50 fire/energy/xray. That makes your resists 65/65/65. That is 90 points.

VetteroX
07-12-03, 06:09
the pp chip is very useful... Im glad you agree it would be unfair to make pp and bio fac restricted, but the fact that pp chip is very useful is undenyable. If you would like to duel my pe whoes wasing a head slot on pp chip, Im ready whenever.

BTW pk get off the forums and get in game, im almost at 97 psi, got HL now, I can level us fast. Just need 4 more int for heavy belts and its pking time.

Shadow Dancer
07-12-03, 06:16
Originally posted by Glok
Who cares? The change would apply to everyone. It would actually increase diversity through the factions if each faction had a unique item. Maybe characters would start to align with factions that are close to their ideals. Oh but wait. That is RP and Vet no like RP. LOL. So sad.

Are you serious? RP my ass. This would just make more people flock to one faction. It wouldn't increase diversity, unless somehow each faction had an equally useful reward for each class. Lmao, like that's gonna happen.

Psycho Killa
07-12-03, 06:28
OFF TOPIC:
Im at work for another hour :(

Then i get to drive home in the two feet of snow.
END OFF TOPIC:

Until every faction gets a useful item for EVERY class the faction specific idea is retarded.

evs
07-12-03, 07:47
every tank in the bloody game would go CM....
speed gats too useful

SovKhan
07-12-03, 08:00
and crahn epic glove: crahn only OMFG WIN. and powercloaks crahn only OMFG!!!!!!!!!!!! hahahh

GREAT IDEA!!!!!!!!!!

how dumb.

tomparadox
07-12-03, 08:17
Are you serious? RP my ass. This would just make more people flock to one faction. It wouldn't increase diversity, unless somehow each faction had an equally useful reward for each class. Lmao, like that's gonna happen.

yes your right. altho it would be funny to see how meny of eatch class flock to PP or biotech OO id bet tanks go to BT and PEs and spys go to PP.

SigmaDraconis
07-12-03, 08:31
Originally posted by evs
every tank in the bloody game would go CM....
speed gats too useful

No.. i assure you mine would go protopharm....small chance of biotech. Tank class is struggling to stay out of the gutter PvP wise, being able to effectivly wear these 2 chips is one of their few redeeming factors. The shit part about it is... losing these chips wont affect RoLH PE's effectiveness (after the PA changes) at all :\ So PE's will still have better defense than tanks...and argueably better offense.

Originally posted by SovKhan

and crahn epic glove: crahn only OMFG WIN. and powercloaks crahn only OMFG!!!!!!!!!!!! hahahh

GREAT IDEA!!!!!!!!!!

Id be happy with that :P

VetteroX
07-12-03, 09:38
on that point, it would be really nice if there was a glove for all, + 10 psi use req = 10 psi +20 psi use req = 25 psi + 30 psi use req = 50 psi, all factions can use. epicds should not be useable by 1 class only.

Archeus
07-12-03, 09:39
If they did that all the CST/RES would move to Angels and all the monkies to CS.

Btw, Reveller car cannot be destroyed. When it blows up it returns to the ASG and costs a max of 8nc to repair.

Sundiver
07-12-03, 09:49
I as a CST wouldn't mind moving to FA ..

kurai
07-12-03, 10:06
Any Plutonites recall the farce that was CA Legion, and all the bollocks that set in motion ?

(i.e. TG clan with a CA division, purely to use the ToasterOven PA)

Sefran
07-12-03, 10:50
Then u could also have ur friend is that class and goes 2 that faction but ur a other faction and u dont have a advantage in there etc....KK wont do that , else it would be a good reason to quit....

Shakey -=Tank=-
07-12-03, 13:26
Until I got a herc I would go Bio to keep my moveon in it's too valuable to me, I would have to suffer losing my PP & defense for the offence Moveon gives.

REMUS
07-12-03, 13:42
Originally posted by kurai
Any Plutonites recall the farce that was CA Legion, and all the bollocks that set in motion ?

(i.e. TG clan with a CA division, purely to use the ToasterOven PA)

yep pure legioness, man those guys where horendous when it came to alot of things but i wont start clan bashing,

make pp resistor and move on into rare parts make them 5 part cpus and make marine etc 6 part cpus, all the usless rares drop whole and give all the factions weapon related items.

Biotech = dex 90 Atomic freezer (cheesy i know but im half awake)
PP = str 84 Poison flamer

L0KI
07-12-03, 14:10
I dont think they'd do it until DoY

¬Unfair to those with temp epic...

However, i would LOVE to see that implemented..

Dont flame me, im BD and staying that way, but it would sure as hell make things interesting amongst the PE/Tank side of the game....

Judge
07-12-03, 14:33
Basically it would be ok if every faction had something that every class could use. Not necessarily completely balanced though.... because the monk epic reward in Crahn should probably be slightly better than the monk epic reward in FA. But then their rewards for say one of the other classes, say tanks, wouldn't be as powerful as the other factions. Just an example there, but factions which have equal amounts of any class such as CM would have all their items balanced.

This would work well in conjunction to Duders idea of having instead of just the moveon (which is basically just a mini marine) having the equilavent of the other rare CPUs as well. Also CM could have an equivalent weapon for each class as well:

Speed gat cannon
Speed gat pistol
Speed gat rifle
And then maybe a new version of the "Psi attack" spells

All at tl 75, so that they are balanced.

Well thats my idea. :)