PDA

View Full Version : Everyday at 6:10 and 12:20 est

KimmyG
07-12-03, 01:27
6:10 zone after a runner in pepper park GG fucking game booted look at login screen for a good long time Fuck THAT.

Sealdude
07-12-03, 01:29
Were you on saturn?

KimmyG
Originally posted by Sealdude
Were you on saturn?

Bingo and if im fucking dead im gonna be pissed.

g0rt
This is all i see for 5 or 10 mins on saturn:

http://www.zoneseek.ca/pix/sync.gif

Currently 4 of us on TS are all locked out of hte server saturn. Whenever we try to reconnect to the server it just sends us back to the server selection menu.

Theres been many posts like this in the past, most saturn players who play around these times know of this problem..

...yet KK has not told us why this happens, or if it will ever be fixed

I just wanna know why it does this, thats all, cuz its annoying as hell. In 6 hours if I happen to be playing, lucky me for I will be able to enjoy it yet again.

evs
07-12-03, 01:31
06-12-03 23:27

that's the time according to the NC forum

g0rt
07-12-03, 01:32
Originally posted by evs
that's the time according to the NC forum

That time is based on what you put in for your timezone :rolleyes:

Sealdude
07-12-03, 01:33
make that 6 people.

[TgR]KILLER
07-12-03, 01:34
Originally posted by g0rt
That time is based on what you put in for your timezone :rolleyes:

yea lol íts 0:20 here :X

evs
07-12-03, 01:35
i know - euro game- euro forum ;)

what i was subtley pointing out was that this is the roughly *quieter* time for nc

perhaps its a regular server reboot that's in force - instead of it crashing every couple of days its up, they reboot it for 10 mins at those times

i know what id rather have

g0rt
07-12-03, 01:37
Originally posted by evs
i know - euro game- euro forum ;)

what i was subtley pointing out was that this is the roughly *quieter* time for nc

perhaps its a regular server reboot that's in force - instead of it crashing every couple of days its up, they reboot it for 10 mins at those times

i know what id rather have

dont really care what it is i just wanna know WHY it does it from a KK employee or i wanna see it fixed, one of the two, this bullshit makes me sick...being in the middle of a fight and crashing or zoneing and then booya i cant even play anymore?

[TgR]KILLER
07-12-03, 01:37
lucky i don't play on sat. i just stand in my appy on pluto looking @ -34 sl and doing jack shit O.o

evs
07-12-03, 01:40
yadda yadda yawn

if it sync's out for 2x 10 mins a day - whats the big problem?

if its regular its obviously something running on the servers that causes this.

and if its scheduled - its obviously something critical to system run.

and really - why would KK really tell you why?
why should they?

Morris
07-12-03, 01:44
The strangest thing is, if you don't zone you can normally stay connected. That kinda rules out a reboot, so it must be a scheduled process of some sort that's interfering with players' ability to log in.

ReefSmoker
07-12-03, 01:49
Sheesh, no pleasing some folk - I see two names in this thread who were singing KK's praises just yesterday and the day before in MJS' thread, now today you're going nuts about a problem ? Please make up your minds !

Sure I'm the fanboi who turned sour, but I've learnt that criticism of the game isn't necessarily always constructive, but the whole time I was a fanboi I made it clear that I wasn't sucking up to Reakktor.

Anyhow, KK are probably already on the case of whatever the problem is, use the official support channels and if there's a serious problem keep an eye on the announcements forum - they'll let you know there of any important info that comes up.

Take care,

Reefie

Scikar
07-12-03, 01:49
Originally posted by evs
yadda yadda yawn

if it sync's out for 2x 10 mins a day - whats the big problem?

if its regular its obviously something running on the servers that causes this.

and if its scheduled - its obviously something critical to system run.

and really - why would KK really tell you why?
why should they?

What the fuck are you talking about? If there is something scheduled to run at this time every day, then yes KK should tell people! They make announcements before patches, before server maintenance, why? Because it interrupts the service, and it's therefore courteous for them to tell the players.

Replies to stupid threads aside, it may be something at level3. Personally I've noticed that my ISP lags me out just after 12pm GMT. I lag out completely, can't load web pages, can't play NC, can't hear anyone on TS. This happens every day. Though I haven't noticed NC on its own lagging out. It's clearly not an individual connection issue though. Anyone with experience of ISPs able to shed some light on this?

MayhemMike
07-12-03, 01:53
The thing that pisses me off is the 30sec+ syncs... It's not every other time, its EVERY time.

ReefSmoker
07-12-03, 01:55
Originally posted by Scikar
Personally I've noticed that my ISP lags me out just after 12pm GMT. I lag out completely, can't load web pages, can't play NC, can't hear anyone on TS. This happens every day. Though I haven't noticed NC on its own lagging out. It's clearly not an individual connection issue though. Anyone with experience of ISPs able to shed some light on this?

If you're using ADSL and in the UK then I can comment that this is a common issue with British Telecom's DSL infrastructure, it affects quite a few ISPs, including BT's own DSL services. Funny that it doesn't affect their business connections though. AFAIK it's something to do with the Alcatel equipment installed in some exchanges requiring a daily reset - there's an on-going issue between BT and Alcatel over the replacement of this equipment but no sign of a solution on the horizon. Of course I could be wrong, mainly because BT refuse to give any official statement to ISPs using their DSL infrastructure.

Take care,

Reefie

g0rt
07-12-03, 03:18
reef i love this game i just wanna know wtf this is about cuz it interrupts alot of good fights

ReefSmoker
07-12-03, 03:26
Originally posted by g0rt
reef i love this game i just wanna know wtf this is about cuz it interrupts alot of good fights

That's a fair call, hope you find an answer. With any luck you might get one since Reakktor are now being a lot more communicative - won't take this off-topic but you can probably guess one reason why I fell to the way-side ;)

Take care,

Reefie

Scikar
07-12-03, 03:33
Originally posted by ReefSmoker
If you're using ADSL and in the UK then I can comment that this is a common issue with British Telecom's DSL infrastructure, it affects quite a few ISPs, including BT's own DSL services. Funny that it doesn't affect their business connections though. AFAIK it's something to do with the Alcatel equipment installed in some exchanges requiring a daily reset - there's an on-going issue between BT and Alcatel over the replacement of this equipment but no sign of a solution on the horizon. Of course I could be wrong, mainly because BT refuse to give any official statement to ISPs using their DSL infrastructure.

Take care,

Reefie

Im on 56k. :p

ReefSmoker
07-12-03, 03:40
Originally posted by Scikar
Im on 56k. :p

Lol then I don't have a clue - take it as a comfort that those of us with adsl suffer a similar issue :D

Take care,

Reefie

MjukisDjur
08-12-03, 01:39
00:20 and my computer went into a massive sync for the first time the last 5 months :)

(on saturn)

Edit:
Well, it let go very quickly so it might have been local isp problem or something...

Yalson
08-12-03, 14:55
i think they do the backups around 5am GMT

In the past people who have lost their characters for whatever reason were all playing at that time - so to avoid hassle I would say people should log off around this time. Also the times that Uranus has gone down it has usually been at this time.