PDA

View Full Version : Brainport: Psibooster shortcut key

shodanjr_gr
07-12-03, 00:38
Well, since every single other class apart from monks has their ammo in their inventory and not their qbelt, why should monks (and especially PPUs that have to manage 10 at the same time) have to use qb slots to "reload".

Allow monks to bind a key to using Psi boosters. For instance i bind the R key and when i press it, a psibooster is consumed from my inventory. What do u think?

Nexxy
07-12-03, 00:43
I think its a stupid idea that will just make the lives of pure monks easier than it already is.

Kimiko
07-12-03, 00:43
Psi's have a replenishing "ammunition" pool, and the psi boosters offset this by being "slightly" awkward. Seems fine to me as it is.

shodanjr_gr
07-12-03, 00:50
Originally posted by Nexxy
I think its a stupid idea that will just make the lives of pure monks easier than it already is.

Have u played a PPU???Do you consider having to manage at least 10 spells at a time and easy task??? While u only have 8 or 9 free slots at ur qb??? You think its easy to change spells in the heat of battle????

Shadow Dancer
07-12-03, 00:50
I agree, monks deserve to have a shortcut key for boosters. It's stupid how ppus and hybrids barely have any space for their "ammo"(which other classes don't have to worry about) and apus chug so much damn mana that when they run out of boosters they have to sit their like a duck loading up their QB.

shodanjr_gr
07-12-03, 00:52
Originally posted by Kimiko
Psi's have a replenishing "ammunition" pool, and the psi boosters offset this by being "slightly" awkward. Seems fine to me as it is.

If the mana pool replenished at a satisfactory rate, it would be fine, but it doesnt. Psi boosters are imperative to have in the qb. Maybe the shortcut key isnt too important for apus (since they have to keep around 5 spells in their Kb, HL, FA, Poison, Antibuff, thats what i had as APU) but for PPUs every slot is important.

shodanjr_gr
07-12-03, 00:55
Originally posted by Shadow Dancer
I agree, monks deserve to have a shortcut key for boosters. It's stupid how ppus and hybrids barely have any space for their "ammo"(which other classes don't have to worry about) and apus chug so much damn mana that when they run out of boosters they have to sit their like a duck loading up their QB.

OMFG, me and shad agree on something!!!!!!!

/me hugs shad
/me stabs shad in the back.

DIE U APU BIYATCH!!!

Nexxy
07-12-03, 00:58
Originally posted by shodanjr_gr
Have u played a PPU???Do you consider having to manage at least 10 spells at a time and easy task??? While u only have 8 or 9 free slots at ur qb??? You think its easy to change spells in the heat of battle????

Errrr yes i was PPU for a month or too. OP fight, PKing all the shit. No one forces you to have all those spells in your QB.

evs
07-12-03, 01:01

a little too harsh a way of saying it but yes i agree

Ryuben
07-12-03, 01:02
how about a psi booster item that u put in a QB and when u click on the number it uses a psi booster, when empty u press R on it and it reloads a psi booster, this would be an idea solution as it would be faster to have the raw psi bosoter in ur inv but u wouldn't have to open inv and reload it manually so the time taken is justifyed.

shodanjr_gr
07-12-03, 01:03
Originally posted by Ryuben
how about a psi booster item that u put in a QB and when u click on the number it uses a psi booster, when empty u press R on it and it reloads a psi booster, this would be an idea solution as it would be faster to have the raw psi bosoter in ur inv but u wouldn't have to open inv and reload it manually so the time taken is justifyed.

Good idea, but too lag prone, since a lot of times weapons seem to fail to equip due to lag. Still good thinking Ryu, me likes!

Elric
07-12-03, 01:05
PSi's dont manage ammo at all, the ammo (mana pool) is self replenishing. The Psi Boosters just speed up the process a bit.

Most other people have to use stamina boosters, and anti poison drugs and anti shocks and ... and ... and... lets just make everything auto use .....

Dont agree, Silly idea.

Originally posted by Ryuben

Would love to see something like that for anti drugs or stam boosts too, that would be rather useful.

Psycho Killa
07-12-03, 01:11
Please dont ever mention the fact that mana replenishes in this argument the fact of the matter is it sucks. I would have to sit for a good while before being able to cast even a single holy heal. Its not quite often ppus are just doing one thing ever you constantly are using psi energy and boosters. You can disagree that this is good idea all you want but using the regeneration excuse will just make me realise u have no idea what your talking about and have never played a monk to any high level.

Though Ill admit it isnt a neccesary thing since i tend to manage just fine on my own. If anything it would help hybrids 100 times more then it would pure monks.

Pures are to strong we all know that, thats no excuse to not make there lives any less annoying then it already is. Making there lives easier and having game balance are two different issues.

shodanjr_gr
07-12-03, 01:11
Originally posted by Elric
PSi's dont manage ammo at all, the ammo (mana pool) is self replenishing. The Psi Boosters just speed up the process a bit.

Most other people have to use stamina boosters, and anti poison drugs and anti shocks and ... and ... and... lets just make everything auto use ..... All these classes got a heal in their belt. 1 or 2 shields. (5 slots used so far). 1 or 2 Buffs (resists+combat). 7 Slots used so far. Another 3 slots. 1 stamina booster, 1 antishock drug, 1 antipoison drug. And u dont have to open ur inventory every 5 min to reload ur gun...

Dont agree, Silly idea.

Yes but most people dont have to put 8 weapons in their Qbelt. Tanks use 2 or 3 (CS,TGC,1 Aoe). PEs use 2 (Pain Easer-Ray of God, Libby, Raygun pistol). Spies are the same as PEs.

but PPUs

Parashock, Heal , Damage boost,Shelter, Deflect, Heat, Haz, Melee, Heal Sanct.
1 slot free for psi boosters. And these arent ALL the spells a ppu will need, espc in an OP war. Add cath sanct, defl sanct, Rezz.
Get my point?

Shadow Dancer
07-12-03, 01:12
Originally posted by Psycho Killa
Please dont ever mention the fact that mana replenishes in this argument the fact of the matter is it sucks. I would have to sit for a good while before being able to cast even a single holy heal. Its not quite often ppus are just doing one thing ever you constantly are using psi energy and boosters. You can disagree that this is good idea all you want but using the regeneration excuse will just make me realise u have no idea what your talking about and have never played a monk to any high level.

Pures are to strong we all know that, thats no excuse to not make there lives any less annoying then it already is. Making there lives easier and having game balance are two different issues.

Exactly Psycho. I'm glad you know what the hell you're talking about.

EDIT: Elric apus need anti shock, anti poison, and stam boosters just like every other class.

Psycho Killa
07-12-03, 01:14
You should not carry buffs in your belt thats retarded. I usualy leave myself 2 or 3 open slots depending on the situation im in.

Buffs last TEN minutes why on earth would u leave them sitting there idle in your belt for 10 minutes? Just put ur inventory close to your belt on the rpos. Switch one in and use it. As its casting click it and drag it over to your inventory.... the second its done casting let go of the button and grab the next buff stick it in your inventory and repeat.

MY IDEA:

The last 3 slots on the quickbelt will be auto replenish. This can be used by any class. You put a one use item (or one with charges) into this slot. When the item is gone it will automaticaly take one from your inventory and place it in the spot it just used

This way tanks spies pe's can put anti spells medkits and stamina boosters in here while they still take up a space it would eleminate the retarded rpos dragging. While at the same time giving monks the ability to use this spot for psi boosters.

shodanjr_gr
07-12-03, 01:17
You should not carry buffs in your belt thats retarded. I usualy leave myself 2 or 3 open slots depending on the situation im in.

Buffs last TEN minutes why on earth would u leave them sitting there idle in your belt for 10 minutes? Just put ur inventory close to your belt on the rpos. Switch one in and use it. As its casting click it and drag it over to your inventory.... the second its done casting let go of the button and grab the next buff stick it in your inventory and repeat.

Because, if my melee3 and haz3 run out in the middle of a fight i am left with about HALF my healthpoints. That makes me a lot easier to kill. I cant open my inventory, and change spells while being fired upon by 3 or 4 Speedguns and DamBoosted at the same time.

evs
07-12-03, 01:20
EDIT: Elric apus need anti shock, anti poison, and stam boosters just like every other class.

Totally correct

any apu that runs without any of that in his QB is a moron (or just very stupid : take your pick :P)

in a warzone, spells arent too much of a prob, most apu's take one beam of each , a barrel and the 3 above - rest gets filled with boosters

in a none wz or a hunting situation, most carry just one spell in slot 1 and meds/stam in 2 others (unless you are in por caves)
and fill the rest with psi boosts

i dont think apu's *need* ammo style booster reloads, as tbh its not a massive draw back opening your inv and dumping into qb

though i accidentally chose yes to this poll as ive been drinking and clicked yes being a tard :D

-------

edit as im a good monkey

Because, if my melee3 and haz3 run out in the middle of a fight i am left with about HALF my healthpoints. That makes me a lot easier to kill. I cant open my inventory, and change spells while being fired upon by 3 or 4 Speedguns and DamBoosted at the same time.

melee running out mid battle isnt a problem.
then again if you were under that much fire, you will be more concerned with heals and s/d on other peeps as well as yourself to bother with prims.
haz - yes i can understand *if* you have time, if not its going to be heals /s/d and anti stun stuff if you have time.

tbh if you get enough time to cast prims, you have enough time to swap inv spells - takes you perhaps 2 seconds.

if its taking longer, stop gimping your ppu and whack all points in PSU in INT. really no real need for prims in your qb - perhaps 1 if you really cant do without

ghandisfury
08-12-03, 01:13

Just found another sig :D

Mr_Snow
08-12-03, 01:35
Makes an over-powered class more over-powered so generally a bad idea.

As for ppus having to manage 10 or more spells in a quickbelt try being a tank with Ae weapon, CS, Speedgun, Heal, HC1 or MC1, def, BR1 and then having to try stam boosters anti-poison antishock and resist potions in your quick belt with the added disadvantage of not being nearly invunerable when your putting new stuff in your belt.

That also goes for pes and spies who have to carry their own buffs too.

ghandisfury
08-12-03, 01:46
Originally posted by Mr_Snow
Makes an over-powered class more over-powered so generally a bad idea.

As for ppus having to manage 10 or more spells in a quickbelt try being a tank with Ae weapon, CS, Speedgun, Heal, HC1 or MC1, def, BR1 and then having to try stam boosters anti-poison antishock and resist potions in your quick belt with the added disadvantage of not being nearly invunerable when your putting new stuff in your belt.

That also goes for pes and spies who have to carry their own buffs too.

For one thing, you're only taking care of yourslef......You carry about 50K of droppable items, and you don't need to keep MC1, HC1, or BR1 in your belt. All of the stamana booster, anti poison, antichock and resist potions are kept in APU (and some PPUs) betls as well. How would you like to have to keep amo in your belt? I guarantee you if you had to keep amo in your belt, you would rethink what's neccessary to have, and what's not.

Mr_Snow
08-12-03, 02:34
Spells dont have ammo the have psi power but instead of that all other classes have stamina and when that runs out any other class is more fucked than a monk with no mana.

A monk can still run with no mana while all other classes cant with no stamina.

Anyway all a ppu needs is 6 spells to do a decent job of keeping people alive so that leaves 4 psi-booster slots.

And stfu Im not only looking out for myself since I play a ppu and used to play an apu so get your facts straight.

Shadow Dancer
08-12-03, 02:48
Spells dont have ammo the have psi power but instead of that all other classes have stamina and when that runs out any other class is more fucked than a monk with no mana.

I can't tell you the # of times i died on my apu because i ran out of stamina. Do I started carrying stam boosters just like everyone else.

Psi booster is our ammo.

You can't compare a monk's mana to another class's stamina, monks have to deal with stamina as well.

:rolleyes:

pood
08-12-03, 02:58
well if non monk classes dont have to worry about ammo, monks dont have to worry about aiming

keep it as it is

Shadow Dancer
08-12-03, 03:05
Originally posted by pood
well if non monk classes dont have to worry about ammo, monks dont have to worry about aiming

keep it as it is

hehe good point. :)

Jest
08-12-03, 03:24
It would definitely make my psi shield usage a whole lot easier. :p

Keyol45743241
08-12-03, 03:52
May I quote myself:
Likewise posted by Keyol45743241
So... what is the problem? Players who are too stupid to even play an overpowered class right and prefer to whine that the godmode doesn't come in a box, batteries included, but requires *some* work at some point?Most PPUs manage to live with their limited QB. Some have interesting setups that work for some ocassions but suck at others, for example not expecting poison attacks and thus not carrying antipoison sanctum nor antipoison drugs.

But you come here and really request to be capable to be protected against every eventuality by allowing you to free up some more QB space? Err.. Why exactly? Your PPU would become even more overpowered than it already is. Don't you see that? Or did you choose to ignore that fact? :rolleyes: Considering the discussion about how to NERF Monkehs its either ridiculously unsensitive of the communitys mood concerning Monkocron or an outright silly thing to ask for.

In the german forum is a similar joker, asking for "double klick armor change". Yes! Good idea! But now isn't the right time to ask for that, especially not if you're a PPU and obviously want to be even more über because you die if twenty guys shoot at you and you crash! - Can't be, can it? :rolleyes:

shodanjr_gr
08-12-03, 15:39

Anyway all a ppu needs is 6 spells to do a decent job of keeping people alive so that leaves 4 psi-booster slots.

And stfu Im not only looking out for myself since I play a ppu and used to play an apu so get your facts straight.

Six spells, hm lets see. Heal, S , D , Rezz , D Boost . These may seem enugh to a NON ppu. But, all ppus use also Heal Sanct, Poision Sacnt, Resists/COmbat buffs. TRY CHANGING ALL THESE WHILE UNDER TONS OF FIRE AND THEN COME BACK AND TELL ME I DONT DESERVE A SHORTCUT KEY!!!!

shodanjr_gr
08-12-03, 15:41
Originally posted by Keyol45743241
May I quote myself:Most PPUs manage to live with their limited QB. Some have interesting setups that work for some ocassions but suck at others, for example not expecting poison attacks and thus not carrying antipoison sanctum nor antipoison drugs.

But you come here and really request to be capable to be protected against every eventuality by allowing you to free up some more QB space? Err.. Why exactly? Your PPU would become even more overpowered than it already is. Don't you see that? Or did you choose to ignore that fact? :rolleyes: Considering the discussion about how to NERF Monkehs its either ridiculously unsensitive of the communitys mood concerning Monkocron or an outright silly thing to ask for.

In the german forum is a similar joker, asking for "double klick armor change". Yes! Good idea! But now isn't the right time to ask for that, especially not if you're a PPU and obviously want to be even more über because you die if twenty guys shoot at you and you crash! - Can't be, can it? :rolleyes: [/B]

Do you play a PPU???Have you played a PPU???Or do u just sit back,happy when u r recieving their heals and rezzes??

Dont Mess
08-12-03, 15:43
cant be bothered readong wat every1 says but yes i do agree i mean its not easy as a ppu espically in mc5 also the QB reloading of boosters is a bitch. i would say use thr reload key but i think this would also be a good idea for stams aswell i dont like looking 4 the keys on my tank wile pvping

Archeus
08-12-03, 15:45

I'm a PPU and I don't like the idea. The PPU already has issues with boosters/spell swapping. So it wouldn't really solve anything as spell swapping still take place.

What this would do is give a full reloading system to APU beyond what they do now.

Take a look at an average PPUs setup. Their inventory will have spells sorted and drugs so they can tab then select use or swap out spells.

APU load outs tend to be 4 spells and all boosters. PPUs are not as dependant on boosters as thier APU counterparts. I would guess that Hybrids are even more dependant then APU.

In combat spell swapping simply is messed up. Which is why (I at least) there are multiple loadouts for expected situations. My loadout in Plaza I wouldn't make an Op war, or PP, or caves.

Lexxuk
08-12-03, 15:49
I'm PPU on one of my chars, and, to be honest, we dont need a shortcut to boosters. Sure, it takes up a QB slot, what doesnt, but if I find myself running out, i'll just Tab/Right Click/Use/Tab, takes 1/2 a second. Now, for my PE, a booster shortcut would be useful, you know how annoying it is in FN to press 4 only to remember thats a spell, so your trying to shoot someone with a heal? Or you press 3 but forget you run out so run around looking really cool cause u have no gun, but, die :lol:

El_MUERkO
08-12-03, 15:50

So cause you have a hard time keeping track of your buffs (was tempted to say 'have no skills') Monks should get a key that means they can carry spells in all 10 slots without a worry about running out of mana. o_O

Seriously man I have an APU and I agree it would make my APUs life a hell of alot easier but it would also make it that much easier for me to kill other people, I shudder to think what a PPU with 10 spells in their QB would be like to kill.

]v[ortice
08-12-03, 15:51
How can this be a silly idea?

Its an inconvienience that should have been eliminated earlier. The same should apply to medpacks.

If this was any other game people would have scripted their own binds before now. The problems with the monks is not to do with mana replenishing its down to what monks do plain and simple.

To implement it now would make monks more powerful at this time, but if they were tweaked in the future to make things a little more favourable then there shouldn't be a problem with new key bindings.

This is not a silly idea by any stretch.

Rade
08-12-03, 15:56
One of the concepts of neocron is that you only have access to
10 items, and you have to chose which and its a pain at times. Its
another level of skill and character setup. Medikits, Stams, Psi
Boosters, anti shock/DB/poison drugs, normal drugs etc. If you
want it you pay for it.

shodanjr_gr
08-12-03, 16:18
Originally posted by Archeus
I'm a PPU and I don't like the idea. The PPU already has issues with boosters/spell swapping. So it wouldn't really solve anything as spell swapping still take place.

What this would do is give a full reloading system to APU beyond what they do now.

Take a look at an average PPUs setup. Their inventory will have spells sorted and drugs so they can tab then select use or swap out spells.

APU load outs tend to be 4 spells and all boosters. PPUs are not as dependant on boosters as thier APU counterparts. I would guess that Hybrids are even more dependant then APU.

In combat spell swapping simply is messed up. Which is why (I at least) there are multiple loadouts for expected situations. My loadout in Plaza I wouldn't make an Op war, or PP, or caves.

I do agree that it would need balancing for APUs, but it would free up 1 or 2 slots for more ppu spells in the qb. Opening inventory and using a booster in an OP situation just isnt viable (crapy fps, boosters not being consumed even if used...the list goes on and on). I also change my qb setup according to situations but i would never say no to another 2 slots. Another suggestion would be a multileveled QB, just like the ones in Anarchy Online.

One of the concepts of neocron is that you only have access to
10 items, and you have to chose which and its a pain at times. Its
another level of skill and character setup. Medikits, Stams, Psi
Boosters, anti shock/DB/poison drugs, normal drugs etc. If you
want it you pay for it.

I do not see any skill requirment in switching spells midcombat. It is a stupid thing to do. PEs and Spies dont have a problem with switching items, they can stealth when they want to do it. Tanks dont need to switch items at all. Apu monks dont need to switch items so their belts are filled with boosters. Only PPUs have got this problem. And only if u PPU for people all the time, will you understand the importance of those 2 extra slots. And it would only seem logical since EVERY OTHER SINGLE CLASS CAN RELOAD AT THE PRESS OF A @#$@$ BUTTON!!!!!! If you all think that it would overpower APUs SOOO much, just suggest ways in which it can be balanced instead of bitching about my lack of skilled.

deac
08-12-03, 16:38
god damn ppl it would matter much... a apu have around 5 psi3 boosters in their qb 5 x 3 = 15 full pools of mana.... THEY ALMOST NEVER NEED TO REFILL THEIR BELT....

ffs the only class that REALLY need this is the ppu class.. hell we need a 2nd qb....

The qb system is the one part of neocron that shows the games age...

Swg had a 10x10 qb.. you could change it how ever you wanted it...

great menu system horrible chat system, its the other way around with nc.

cant really understand how soe didnt even get clan chat to work...

Keyol45743241
08-12-03, 18:03
The idea itself isn't silly. It just gives an overpowered class even more leeway. If the PPU gets nerfed to acceptable levels, then we can talk about giving this bonus to the monkes which would definitely make them better in pvp... wouldn't it?

But not now as 80% of the Opfighting people are sad little monkehs! Fin.

[TgR]KILLER
08-12-03, 18:14
as a ppu i just kept my psi boosters in slot 4 that i binded with the Q and i din't carry alot of spells nor would be ppu for alot of ppl..

1. holy para
2. "free slot" most of the time had an antipoison sanctum or SC in it.. or else boosters like rc pc etc
3. another "free slot"
4. psi booster
5. holy rezz
6. holy dmg booster
7. heat 3 ( or haz 3 )
8. holy shelter
9. holy def
0. holy heal

all fits fine.. and any boosters i had are in my inv with slot 2 and 3 to mount them in.. tho i din't carry boosters most of the time.. i just buffed our ppl and healed them and dmg boosted and shocked the others

MjukisDjur
08-12-03, 18:26
"self replenishing"... cough cough
What a load of crap.

Shortcut would be good.

Rade
08-12-03, 18:56
I do not see any skill requirment in switching spells midcombat. It is a stupid thing to do. PEs and Spies dont have a problem with switching items, they can stealth when they want to do it. Tanks dont need to switch items at all. Apu monks dont need to switch items so their belts are filled with boosters. Only PPUs have got this problem. And only if u PPU for people all the time, will you understand the importance of those 2 extra slots. And it would only seem logical since EVERY OTHER SINGLE CLASS CAN RELOAD AT THE PRESS OF A @#$@$ BUTTON!!!!!! If you all think that it would overpower APUs SOOO much, just suggest ways in which it can be balanced instead of bitching about my lack of skilled.

WTF are you on about? I usually have around 16 items that I
would want in my QB so I have to use stuff in my inventory all the
time. At least try playing other classes before commenting on
how to play them.

Archeus
08-12-03, 19:21
Originally posted by Rade
WTF are you on about? I usually have around 16 items that I
would want in my QB so I have to use stuff in my inventory all the
time. At least try playing other classes before commenting on
how to play them.

Name them and what is in your QB.

I am curious.

Rade
08-12-03, 19:25
2-3 guns (depending on setup, blacksun, liberator, rolh and judge
are the ones I use). Pocketblizzard. Stealth 1. Stealth 2. Heal.
Shelter. Deflector. Resist booster (which one depends on setup).
P-C Booster. Spy booster. Antishock drug. AntiDB drug. Antidote.
Stamina booster. Medikit. Depending on setup between 0-3
drugs. Nowadays I dont use any drugs at all but I had a 3 drug
setup for a long time. Oh 20 items. I underestimated.

**edit: In my QB currently I have:
RoLH
Stealth 2
Pocketblizzard
Shelter
Deflector
Heal
Stamina Booster
Antidote
Antishock
Stealth 1

Its changing quite often however.

**edit2: Forgot the damage boost and the shelter sanctum. 22
items.

Archeus
08-12-03, 19:29

**edit: In my DB currently I have:
RoLH
Stealth 2
Pocketblizzard
Shelter
Deflector
Heal
Stamina Booster
Antidote
Antishock
Stealth 1

items.

What is your transport ability at?

Rade
08-12-03, 19:33
What is your transport ability at?

100ish. Still tight with all the ammo and stuff.

shodanjr_gr
08-12-03, 21:40

**edit: In my QB currently I have:
RoLH
Stealth 2
Pocketblizzard
Shelter
Deflector
Heal
Stamina Booster
Antidote
Antishock
Stealth 1

items.

Out of all the PEs out there, how many are actually using as complicated (or according to me, as crazy) set ups as you do??? Count em....Nope, no that many....

Out of all the PPUs out there, how many actually NEED those extra 2 slots in the qb??? Most of em.....

A company like KK has to catter for the majority and not for the select few.

And before you make stupid comments, ive played rifle PE to cap, high level tank, high level APU. The fact that my PPU is my main at the moment simply means that i find him quite fun to play.

Rade
08-12-03, 22:25
Ok, lets say that Im the only PE in the world that uses all this
stuff, if you say that a normal PE carries half the stuff I do,
there still isnt room in the QB. So no, PPUs are not unique, and
you dont NEED the extra slot. I dont see PPUs keeling over left
and right because they have too few slots, most PPUs actually
seem to do pretty fine and manage to be an asset to their friends
even tho this necessary extra slot isnt there.

shodanjr_gr
08-12-03, 22:39
Ok, lets say that Im the only PE in the world that uses all this
stuff, if you say that a normal PE carries half the stuff I do,
there still isnt room in the QB. So no, PPUs are not unique, and
you dont NEED the extra slot. I dont see PPUs keeling over left
and right because they have too few slots, most PPUs actually
seem to do pretty fine and manage to be an asset to their friends
even tho this necessary extra slot isnt there.

Average Rifle PE setup (mine when i was a PE):
1.Pain Easer
2.Ray of God
3.Stamina Booster
4.Heal
5.Shelter
6.Deflect
7.Stamina Booster
8.Antipoison Drug
9.Antishock Drug
0.Stealth

Thats what i had, thats what i consider other PEs to have. Why no combat buff and no resist buff??? Because i dont need it in my QB to survive. But when my PPUs resist buffs run out, he is left with around 200 hp. Thats too little. Thats why i need those resists buffs im my QB. This addition wouldnt overpower anyone, not even APU monks (as Deac very thoughfully said). You only seem to be reacting because you want PPUS removed from the game and you want to make their life as miserable as possible.

Rade
08-12-03, 22:44
What Im trying to get through to you is that there is a difference
between NEEDING something and "it would be nice if". PPUs dont
NEED this. Not more than I do on my PE setup. It would be nice,
sure, but its not necesary, designing your QB and your processor
or wherever you keep the other stuff is a matter of choice. And
you cant honestly say that not having the 10-min buffs in the QB
is the difference between life or death. They dont even give
drugflash if you miss the timing.

shodanjr_gr
08-12-03, 22:54
What Im trying to get through to you is that there is a difference
between NEEDING something and "it would be nice if". PPUs dont
NEED this. Not more than I do on my PE setup. It would be nice,
sure, but its not necesary, designing your QB and your processor
or wherever you keep the other stuff is a matter of choice. And
you cant honestly say that not having the 10-min buffs in the QB
is the difference between life or death. They dont even give
drugflash if you miss the timing.

How difficult is it to understand????Have you even played a PPU???? Missing a resist buff for a PE is no big deal (stealth away to a safe location and restore, or even dont restore at all since you have a respectable amount of HP). On the contrary having resist buffs run out on a PPU can be devastating since it takes away 50% of your health points. Combine that with a stressfull situation like 5 people firing on you and believe me you ARE going to need that extra 200 hp from those buffs.

Rade
08-12-03, 22:59
How difficult is it to understand????Have you even played a PPU???? Missing a resist buff for a PE is no big deal (stealth away to a safe location and restore, or even dont restore at all since you have a respectable amount of HP). On the contrary having resist buffs run out on a PPU can be devastating since it takes away 50% of your health points. Combine that with a stressfull situation like 5 people firing on you and believe me you ARE going to need that extra 200 hp from those buffs.

Then you need to pay more attention to your buffs so you dont
get surprised when they run out, and make sure 5 people arent
firing on you when you need to rebuff. Not like its hard to keep
track of. Even if you were in the thick of the fight its a small thing
to keep alive even with 200hps for long enough to get into cover
and buff up. I just keep getting the figure that the problem lies in
you, because the PPUs I have talked to doesnt have a problem,
and I in my limited experience as a PPU havent had a problem.

shodanjr_gr
08-12-03, 23:07
Then you need to pay more attention to your buffs so you dont
get surprised when they run out, and make sure 5 people arent
firing on you when you need to rebuff. Not like its hard to keep
track of. Even if you were in the thick of the fight its a small thing
to keep alive even with 200hps for long enough to get into cover
and buff up. I just keep getting the figure that the problem lies in
you, because the PPUs I have talked to doesnt have a problem,
and I in my limited experience as a PPU havent had a problem.

Even IF the problem is in me, what bad will it do to you to allow for this change?It will only make a ppus life a little easier. It wont overpower apus, it wont overpower anyone?What harm will it do?

Rade
08-12-03, 23:11
Why waste a shitload of programmer time with something that is
more or less useless when there are so many other things that
would have so much more impact per time spent. And again, part
of the restriction in this game, just as you cant have 300 in every
stat, is that you have to decide what items you want easily
available and which items you have in your backpack, I like it that
way. Actually I prefer the Planetside style better with holsters
based on your armor but this will have to do.

shodanjr_gr
08-12-03, 23:16
Why waste a shitload of programmer time with something that is
more or less useless when there are so many other things that
would have so much more impact per time spent. And again, part
of the restriction in this game, just as you cant have 300 in every
stat, is that you have to decide what items you want easily
available and which items you have in your backpack, I like it that
way. Actually I prefer the Planetside style better with holsters
based on your armor but this will have to do.

Shitload of programmer time???Come on that is so lame, come up with a better excuse!!!! Im just telling u rade. Use up 2 or 3 of ur qb slots carrying ur ammo around then come and tell me if u like it. You have hard enough time managin 22 items in 10 slots. Lets see if u can manage 22 items in 7 slots...

ghandisfury
08-12-03, 23:25
I don't understand why people think it's going to overpower anybody. Infact making booster bind to a key STILL is more of a pain in the ass than everybody else just auto-reloading. The only difference will be having to swap out. Most of the monk haters don't agree simply because they want monks removed from the game (I agree to a certain extent), but come on:rolleyes:.....there's no reason for monks to have to keep thier amo in their quick belt.

PLLLLLUUUUUUUUSSS, for all you evil PKar dudes out there, you might get more than boosters the next time you kill the evil monks;) .

Rade
08-12-03, 23:27
Shitload of programmer time???Come on that is so lame, come up with a better excuse!!!! Im just telling u rade. Use up 2 or 3 of ur qb slots carrying ur ammo around then come and tell me if u like it. You have hard enough time managin 22 items in 10 slots. Lets see if u can manage 22 items in 7 slots...

:confused:

Now you seriously lost me. The most important factor when it
comes to what gets implemented and not is the amount of time,
ie money, that the company needs to invest in the change.
Depending on the architecture of the client this is not necesarily a
trivial thing to change, and even if it is trivial it will easily
take at least 10 manhours to get the graphics and the code
changed. Yes I have worked with MUDs and other game
programming for 7 years now, and I study game design and
project management at university now, I like to think that in this
particular subject I know what Im talking about. My strongest
subjection is still that I like the limitation, without limitations
games are nothing, rules and limitations is what create a game.
Not the lack thereof.

Phlith
08-12-03, 23:29
I play a PPU, APU, Hybrid, Tank, and a spy quite often... the belt isn't a damn problem.... you just have to proioritize what your going to carry and what your not going to, pretty damn simple if you ask me, and there is no need for an extra qb slot no matter what your class is kthx.

shodanjr_gr
08-12-03, 23:33
:confused:

Now you seriously lost me. The most important factor when it
comes to what gets implemented and not is the amount of time,
ie money, that the company needs to invest in the change.
Depending on the architecture of the client this is not necesarily a
trivial thing to change, and even if it is trivial it will easily
take at least 10 manhours to get the graphics and the code
changed. Yes I have worked with MUDs and other game
programming for 7 years now, and I study game design and
project management at university now, I like to think that in this
particular subject I know what Im talking about. My strongest
subjection is still that I like the limitation, without limitations
games are nothing, rules and limitations is what create a game.
Not the lack thereof.

This is a suggestion, its not a priority, its not like im gona put this in higher priority than fixing fres. But telling me that this addition is gona take a lot of time to implement is kinda stupid i think. I am styding algorithms atm and with my simple knowledge ive already figured out a script to do this. Of course it will be more complicated to do in a mmorpg infrastructure but still i cant see it being that difficult. No new GFX needed. Just a few lines of code implemented.

But programming difficulties aside, i can not get why u dont want this change? Game balance will not change. Just the life of one class will be easier.

Rade
08-12-03, 23:40
This is a suggestion, its not a priority, its not like im gona put this in higher priority than fixing fres. But telling me that this addition is gona take a lot of time to implement is kinda stupid i think. I am styding algorithms atm and with my simple knowledge ive already figured out a script to do this. Of course it will be more complicated to do in a mmorpg infrastructure but still i cant see it being that difficult. No new GFX needed. Just a few lines of code implemented.

But programming difficulties aside, i can not get why u dont want this change? Game balance will not change. Just the life of one class will be easier.

Oh If I had a extremely simple GUI built up on objects and a
simple key-capturing routine which doesnt have a limit on the
amount of bindable keys etc etc then I could add a shitload of QB
slots in an instant. But Neocron is almost definately alot more
complex than that, we just dont know how much.

For the second part: My point exactly! A game is not supposed to
be "easy", its supposed to be a challenge. This is why PPUs are
boring, because you are no longer taking cover from mobs if you
have one with you. And this is why I dont want to have a
bazillion QB slots, because it would make it too easy to always
have all anti-db, anti-shock and antidote drugs that I need. Thats
why I want looting in this game because then PvP would mean
something and your experience would go up and down, instead
of just constantly lying still on a mediocre low. A game which
gives the player fits of a anger and dizzying heights of euphoria
is 100 times stronger than a game which is always "decent".

-=Blasehase=-
08-12-03, 23:41
PEs use 2 (Pain Easer-Ray of God, Libby, Raygun pistol

hum... not sure wich PE u ask for that...

http://home.pages.at/smoker/PE.jpg

i have to go into my inv too [every 3 minutes]

and yeah... i got monks too, apu & ppu

and THERE IS NO NEED FOR THAT

get some skills and than it isnt a problem with the psi booster

shodanjr_gr
08-12-03, 23:46
Originally posted by -=Blasehase=-
i have to go into my inv too [every 3 minutes]

and yeah... i got monks too, apu & ppu

and THERE IS NO NEED FOR THAT

get some skills and than it isnt a problem with the psi booster

Yeah...ummm is that a stealth 3 i see there?? (could be stealth 2 though). Isnt that like erm /set god_mode 1 for 30 secs???Yeah, u can that when ever u need to get redruged. I CANT !!!!

BTW Just any of you give me 1 good reason why this change should not happen???It not just about opening the inv to change spells. Its also about us monks having to carry out fucking ammo in our qbs.

-=Blasehase=-
08-12-03, 23:53
this isnt a spy ... look @ the heat1...

show me a spy who can cast heat-buff...:rolleyes:

or show me a PE who isnt gimped who can use a stealth 3

this is a stealth 1 wich stealths for 10 seconds and the first 3 seconds the enemy still hit u when he shoot @ u in the second on that u use it...

and show me how u can use 3 drugs in 5 seconds when they r in ur inv [2 seconds close the inv and beginning to run]

shodanjr_gr
09-12-03, 00:27

BTW Just any of you give me 1 good reason why this change should not happen???It not just about opening the inv to change spells. Its also about us monks having to carry out fucking ammo in our qbs.

Quoting my self

-=Blasehase=-
09-12-03, 00:44
apu does most dmg of all
apu musnt aim
a good skilled PPU has nearly godmode
a PPU can paraspam the enemys

and the only thing that r their weaknes r their mana pool

IF the mana is empty he dies cause a apu cant do dmg and a PPU cant heal himself

and u want to change his only weakness?

nuff said

if u have a problem with using psi boosters get some skills

Archeus
09-12-03, 01:01
I think a better system would be to have that you have to use ammo to load your gun instead of hitting reload.

Keyol45743241
09-12-03, 02:28
Combine that with a stressfull situation like 5 people firing on you and believe me you ARE going to need that extra 200 hp from those buffs.Well... maybe you're not SUPPOSED TO SURVIVE 5 PEOPLE SHOOTING AT YOU FFS.

Damn, some people are slow to get on the train.... :mad:

The QB is limited so you HAVE to make a choice, not to be evil to you poor little monkeh who can't deceide what he needs and thus is not obtaining godmode easily enough. Hey! I got an even better Idea... make a secondary Quickbelt, accessable with Shift-Numberkey! 8| That would save ALL of us a lot of hassle, wouldn't it? Ok, agreed, some would benefit some more, some would benefit less, so what? As long als YOU get the biggest chunk for your poor underpowered PPU who really needs some good luvin'............... Goddamnit, OPEN YOUR EYES! And play an APU if your aim sucks and you don't have the necessary overview/timing for a PPU. Point & Click with holy lightning? Even you can do that, I am sure. :rolleyes:

So, now go and do your homework, reread what everybody here told you so patiently: That the change you want will increase the power of monks even more. Especially those who actually have the necessary playerskills which you seem to lack completely and utterly.

I pity you that you can't obtain godmode because you seem to suck, but I still don't feel compelled to agree that you deserve a boost. Why? Because I can see what PPUs do to the game right now - ok, you're not part of "them", you're one of those who get shitbuffed and die in the first wave..... I'm not afraid of you... I am afraid of those who outheal a fucking RHINO shooting them without a pause. No.. not you. The real PPUs with skill. You |= good PPU. But being a sucky PPU doesn't enable you to call for a boost to your CLASS, it only allows you to go to the doctor who can possibly prescribe you some "SKILL".

Or maybe... how do YOU see it? Why do you think an overpowered class (which is prooven) deserves another boost? :wtf:

BTW, this poll reflects the current state of neocron - monkehs vs "the rest" :rolleyes:

TheEnemy
09-12-03, 10:01
Psi boosters, medkits, and stamina boosters should have a bindable hotkey. Making user interface more user-friendly = good.

I also think there should be an option you could turn on to auto-replenish your slots with disposable items when they are used up. This would mean everyone only needs one psi booster, one medkit, one stamina booster, and one of each other drug they use in their belt to be able to press the number every time they want to use it and not have to worry about fiddling with moving items over from inventory / quickbelt which is tedious.

deac
09-12-03, 10:14
guys your all missing the point here... giving monks a psi key isnt going to make us a lot stronger .... Its just going to make our life a bit more pleasant....

ffs this is the same thing as with csting... before you had to drag all the items to the processor now its done on auto.... ONOZ IT WIlL MAKE CSTING TO EASY....

oh btw.. a ppu dont need lvl3 buffs to live.. I almost always end up runing from a few apus in the end of a long fight and i sure as hell dont have any buffs at that time.. keep your heals going and be rdy to recast shelter ... thats all it takes...

the main point here is... I HATE DRAGING STUFF TO MY QB, when i do it mid fight my fps is mostly around 5-15... its slow, hard and i miss a lot.... lets make the game fun to play, not irritating.

phunqe
09-12-03, 10:46
I voted yes, BUT then you should be able to assign hotkeys to other things as well, e.g drugs and medkits.

As I wrote in another thread long ago

"Make a item in the inventory bound to a hot key. Let like 5 hotkeys be avaiable for use (like ctrl-a or whatever, customizeable in options). Each of these 5 hotkeys can then be assigned to one item respectively in the inventory. For example, you have a medkit in the inventory, you right click on it and the usual menu pops up, but also 5 alternatives (key 1, key 2 etc). If you select on of these keys here it means that everytime you hit the hotkey it will "use" the item one time. Perfect for medkits, booster or what not. I think all classes would benefit from this."

jernau
09-12-03, 12:33
MY IDEA:

The last 3 slots on the quickbelt will be auto replenish. This can be used by any class. You put a one use item (or one with charges) into this slot. When the item is gone it will automaticaly take one from your inventory and place it in the spot it just used

This way tanks spies pe's can put anti spells medkits and stamina boosters in here while they still take up a space it would eleminate the retarded rpos dragging. While at the same time giving monks the ability to use this spot for psi boosters.

Skipped a lot of this I'm afraid (might read later) but Psycho's idea get's my vote.

I always wanted this for medis in any slot but the 3-slot limitation makes more sense.

shodanjr_gr
09-12-03, 13:27
apu does most dmg of all
apu musnt aim
a good skilled PPU has nearly godmode
a PPU can paraspam the enemys

and the only thing that r their weaknes r their mana pool

IF the mana is empty he dies cause a apu cant do dmg and a PPU cant heal himself

and u want to change his only weakness?

nuff said

if u have a problem with using psi boosters get some skills

APUS get at least 5 boosters in their QB (that is considering that they are using 4 slots with spells,1 slot with drug).
So thats 5x3 uses each = 18 mana boosts. They would not be OVERPOWERED by just allowing em to restore their mana pool in an easier, more userfriendly way.
PPUs on the contrary can have a max of 2 slots for boosters. PPUs wont be able to paraspam after the next patch due to lower ROF and increased mana consumption of the parashock spell. So how the heck would they be OVERpowered???

[TgR]KILLER
09-12-03, 13:28
Originally posted by jernau
Skipped a lot of this I'm afraid (might read later) but Psycho's idea get's my vote.

I always wanted this for medis in any slot but the 3-slot limitation makes more sense.

yea its a good idea but make it so u can setup the slots that do that lol.. because i gonna fuckup alot if it aint.. i don't need alot of slots tho just dueling most of the time..

1. PE
2. sta
3. sta
4. sta
5. dmg boost
6. rifle 1
7. resits 2
8. shelter
9. def
0. heal

-=Blasehase=-
09-12-03, 14:28
APUS get at least 5 boosters in their QB (that is considering that they are using 4 slots with spells,1 slot with drug).
So thats 5x3 uses each = 18 mana boosts. They would not be OVERPOWERED by just allowing em to restore their mana pool in an easier, more userfriendly way.
PPUs on the contrary can have a max of 2 slots for boosters. PPUs wont be able to paraspam after the next patch due to lower ROF and increased mana consumption of the parashock spell. So how the heck would they be OVERpowered???

i dont say overpowered... i say weakness

Duder
09-12-03, 14:41
Make all drugs have a hotkey, and medkits.

deac
09-12-03, 15:46
Originally posted by Duder

yes

deac
09-12-03, 15:46
Originally posted by Duder

yes

shodanjr_gr
09-12-03, 18:27
i dont say overpowered... i say weakness

Their manapool aint their weakness. An APUs weakness is crappy defence. A PPUs weakness is zero offence.

Why wont u allow for an improvment that will remove a lot of FRUSTRATION from a monks life??

-=Blasehase=-
09-12-03, 19:00
Their manapool aint their weakness. An APUs weakness is crappy defence. A PPUs weakness is zero offence.

Why wont u allow for an improvment that will remove a lot of FRUSTRATION from a monks life??

what happen to a PPU when he cant heal himself cause his mana is empty and some ppl shoot him?

managing the quickbelt and that what belongs to that is after many changes 1 of the last thing which need SKILL

so get skill and u havent a problem with that [yeah... i got 2 monks... 1 apu and 1 ppu]

shodanjr_gr
09-12-03, 22:57
what happen to a PPU when he cant heal himself cause his mana is empty and some ppl shoot him?

managing the quickbelt and that what belongs to that is after many changes 1 of the last thing which need SKILL

so get skill and u havent a problem with that [yeah... i got 2 monks... 1 apu and 1 ppu]

waiting for the 40 or so mana needed to cast a heal to regenerate is no big deal. any ppu can survive that duration. The problem is when u need ur sorry ass rezzed and the PPU has to open his inv, drag a booster out and put the rezz spell back in. Or to open inv drag booster out and put the buff ur gona need back in.

FFS It aint gona hurt anyone....

g0rt
09-12-03, 23:19
good idea, but u know what i voted no because monks are overpowered as it is....every op war theres only two questions..

1. how many apu and ppu's do we have
2. how many apu and ppu's do they have

if anyone needs love, its not the monks.

Archeus
09-12-03, 23:42
waiting for the 40 or so mana needed to cast a heal to regenerate is no big deal. any ppu can survive that duration. The problem is when u need ur sorry ass rezzed and the PPU has to open his inv, drag a booster out and put the rezz spell back in. Or to open inv drag booster out and put the buff ur gona need back in.

FFS It aint gona hurt anyone....

Why would they need to drag a booster to the quickbelt? Just right click it in the inventory and select USE.

shodanjr_gr
09-12-03, 23:45
Originally posted by g0rt
good idea, but u know what i voted no because monks are overpowered as it is....every op war theres only two questions..

1. how many apu and ppu's do we have
2. how many apu and ppu's do they have

if anyone needs love, its not the monks.

It would not overpower anyone, it would just make monks life a little less frustrating....

shodanjr_gr
09-12-03, 23:48
Why would they need to drag a booster to the quickbelt? Just right click it in the inventory and select USE.

Uve missunderstood me, my point is about boosters being a waste of QB space, since it feels like carrying ur ammo in ur qb. The 2 slots taken by the boosters could instead host a buff or another spell or item.

-=Blasehase=-
10-12-03, 00:23
It would not overpower anyone, it would just make monks life a little less frustrating....

u r frustrated about playing monk?

hum... play another class.... but wait... no... then u must aim... thats not possible

life as a monk is easy enougth... they dont need a boost

shodanjr_gr
10-12-03, 00:26
u r frustrated about playing monk?

hum... play another class.... but wait... no... then u must aim... thats not possible

life as a monk is easy enougth... they dont need a boost

Im not frustrated about playing a monk
BUT I DO NOT SEE A FUCKING PROBLEM IN MAKING A CLASSES LIFE EASIER DAMMIT. Monks wont be overpowered, how many more brain cells do you need to understand that??
There is a huge difference between the meaning OVERPOWERING and the meaning MAKING EASIER.

Go study on it.

And quit the idiotic comments like "Then u must aim". Ive played EVERY OTHER CLASS apart from spy to cap or high levels so stfu. I dont think i doubted u or ur skills so there is no need to start flaming.

g0rt
10-12-03, 00:39

Alright then I would like a stam booster shortcut key for my tank/pe/spy ;)

shodanjr_gr
10-12-03, 00:45
Originally posted by g0rt
Alright then I would like a stam booster shortcut key for my tank/pe/spy ;)

Sure im cool with that. Although there isnt that much lack of qb slots for a PE/SPY/TANK, allowing em to use a hotkey for stamina boosters would make their lives a bit easier.

g0rt
10-12-03, 00:48
Sure im cool with that. Although there isnt that much lack of qb slots for a PE/SPY/TANK, allowing em to use a hotkey for stamina boosters would make their lives a bit easier.

My PE has to juggle spy1/hpbuff/pistol1 around due to not having enough slots o_O

But yeah I guess universal shortcuts to stam/psi/etc boosters would make everyones life a bit easier

Rade
10-12-03, 00:48

*cough*22 QB items as PE*cough*

shodanjr_gr
10-12-03, 00:50
*cough*22 QB items as PE*cough*

So u wouldnt like an extra 2 or 3 slots in ur qb if a hotkey for a stam booster was allowed???

Rade
10-12-03, 00:52
I dont see a need for it no.

shodanjr_gr
10-12-03, 00:57
I dont see a need for it no.

There is no need to any of this. There is only the need to fix FREs. The rest is just suggestions to make the game more pleasant. Since you say yourself that you have to manage 22 items in a 10 slot QB, wouldnt the game be less frustrating for you if u had more free slots on the qb to put items in?

Keyol45743241
10-12-03, 02:22
Uve missunderstood me, my point is about boosters being a waste of QB space, since it feels like carrying ur ammo in ur qb. The 2 slots taken by the boosters could instead host a buff or another spell or item.Ok, this is for those amongst us who are less gifted with the ability to understand simple things, featuring 'StepByStep Brainpowah (tm)'

First things first:

Two more spells in QB = Making a PPU better

Why is that? That is because you can have, say, a antipoison sanctum ready, which would take you precious time switching it around with your inventory. Or catharsis sanctum... any spell you name which could go there WILL make a PPU better. Why is that? Because he does not need time to switch his QB over.

Please mark as appropriate:
:D I understood it and may continue below.
:( No, I'm dumb and have to read it again

Well, nice... you'll make it! Lets go for the second thing:

Making a PPU better = BAD

Why is that? Because the PPU is dominating the whole gamebalance. No fight without a PPU, people refuse to go levling without and so on. At an opfight you see 80% - 95% Monkehs which are the class of choice BECAUSE they're overpowered and thus get nerfed. If you don't believe it or rather refuse to accnowledge the truth, you can go have a look at the testserver patchnotes. It will tell you, that those who actually deceide are doing the inevitable - nerfing the monk back in line with the other character classes. And our conclusion is? Making an already overpowered character class better by any means isn't the brightest idea.

:D I understood it
:( No, I'm dumb and have to read it again

And now we add together what we have just understood:

Two more spells in QB = Making a PPU better = BAD

:D YES! Now I realize that improving a PPU by giving him more QB spaces is not a viable idea, whatever the intentions or reasons are.
:mad: Damn, I'm still dumb. I just can't add together 1+1. But maybe if I reread the thing again, I might understand someday - but untill then I will refrain from posting.

Thankyouforyourattentionkthxbye

-=Blasehase=-
10-12-03, 04:10
Im not frustrated about playing a monk
BUT I DO NOT SEE A FUCKING PROBLEM IN MAKING A CLASSES LIFE EASIER DAMMIT. Monks wont be overpowered, how many more brain cells do you need to understand that??
There is a huge difference between the meaning OVERPOWERING and the meaning MAKING EASIER.

Go study on it.

And quit the idiotic comments like "Then u must aim". Ive played EVERY OTHER CLASS apart from spy to cap or high levels so stfu. I dont think i doubted u or ur skills so there is no need to start flaming.

better study the post from keyol0800... [damn numbers @ 3 o'clock in the morning]
... let me quote u:

how many more brain cells do you need to understand that??

its a difference between making a class life easier and and making a class more powerfull

u understand?

let me quote u again:

There is no need to any of this.

hum... u got it

fine... so this thread can be closed