PDA

View Full Version : A way of fixing PPUs?

shardl0r
06-12-03, 22:24
Well I posted this in an earlier thread, and was told to repost. I'm sure this idea has already been mentioned but here it is from my point of view.

I've had an idea.

Why not alter the concept of PPU's Totally?!

Ok, the general consensus is that PPU's can't attack anyone, so they SHOULD get godlike defence right? I personally don't agree with this.
Now the APU does a HUGE amount of damage, but he's a paper bag right?
I reckon a PPU should be just like the APU. He can give HUGE defence bonuses to OTHER PEOPLE, but is a paper bag himself.

Selfcast shields should be nerfed to hell and back, foreign shields should be strengthened.
Self heal should be utter rubbish, foreign heal should be god mode.

Ok so over exaggerated, but you get my point. PPU's should be extremely weak and add defence to the team. APU's should be extrememly weak and add offence to the team.

That is what i'd like to see monks as, since they are the Mage class.

This would add new teamplay aspects, and help get rid of the over monk problem.

As it is now, tanks, PE's and spys NEED monks at op wars, to go lvling e.c.t Monks do not need the other classes. This is a bad working relationship.

If the other classes need monks, monks should need the other classes. And so, if you bring a PPU along to help you lvl or in an op war, you are going to have to damn well DEFEND HIS ASS.

Because of this, if your not a good monk, or you don't have a good team, monks are going to be hell to play because you'll die so quickly. In fact, it may be more hassle bringing a monk along than just going in without one. This should limit the amount of noob monks, and stop everyone just going a monk.

Eh? Eh?!

What do you think? Or has this already been brought up as an idea?

After reading through that a few times I'm going to expand on some concepts:

1) Selfcast shielding and heals - Perhaps rather than nerfing selfcast shields, why not remove them altogether?
Selfcasting heal is a must, but it should nerfed quite a bit.

2) Foreign cast heals and shields - Need to be the same as selfcast is now, if not more powerful. However, shields have to not work on monks, otherwise you just get 2 PPU's together and you've got the same thing you have now. Monks have to be buffless - make it have to do with interfering with thier own castings for RP sake.. This means that a PPU can be the linchpin of your army. However, he is so weak himself, having more than a couple would damage your force since you would need a lot of people to defend him.

2) Noob spells and spell overcasting - A higher TL spell should be able to overwrite lower TL spells, this stops someone running around with a shelter sanctum making the PPU 100% useless.

3) PPU's soloing - PPUs are able to solo now by being invincible and using the holy parashock bolt to slowly, but surely, take out the mobs. Now since you've made a total support char, there is no reason for him to be able to solo. This again would help remove the monkacron factor, because you would need a good team to lvl a PPU.

4) PPU lvling - this brings me onto ppu lvling. A ppu should be able to lvl fast if he/she knows what they are doing, and has a good team. Otherwise your essentially removing the class. It should be difficult, but nowhere near impossible to lvl. PvP is another matter.

5) Parashock and Damageboost - Parashock should be changed so that it does 0 damage. Damage boost is fine at the moment IMHO.

6) Monk armour - I don't think monks should have armour tbh - it should get in the way of there s-psi-llcasting. But if they do have armour, it should add to abilities rather than resists. Monk PA should reduce resists, and add to abilities.

7) Ressurection - The current rez time would be suitable considering the ppu now has next to no defence. Depending on testing, maybe shorten the duration or give the revived full health when coming back?
Another idea would be to give the PPU 5SI or some such after rezzing, due to the shock and power of bringing back the dead?

7) Aim of the PPU - The ppu should, if present, give a HUGE bonus to the team he is in. The ppu will need to be defended. 2 PPUs should essentially double the amount of people covered by a PPU, but would require extra people to defend the second ppu, otherwise he'll be down on the first wave, or so far back out of harms way that he's useless anyway - both things effectively wasting a man who could be fighting.

So there we go. Thats what i'd like to see done. Has it been posted before?

shRd-

Edit: Oh and I, as you've probably guessed, play almost exclusivly a PPU.

Edit2: After Fenyx jumped to conclusions without reading the whole post I've emphasized certain points.Monks have to be buffless - make it have to do with interfering with thier own castings for RP sake.

Shadow Dancer
06-12-03, 22:28
I think that would kill the monk class and is way too sledgehammer.

Oath
I give up, whatever.

\\Fényx//
Hi,

[QUOTE]Selfcast shields should be nerfed to hell and back, foreign shields should be strengthened.
Self heal should be utter rubbish, foreign heal should be god mode.
QUOTE]

heres the door.

[Explanation] Basically, you play a APU dont you ? cause it sure as fuck sounds like it . . . This would make 2 PPU's NESSECARY, rather than 1 nessecary, as they would HEAL&BUFF EACHOTHER, Then the buffs also on the other chars are more powerful. . .

nono. . .

shardl0r
06-12-03, 22:31
I guess you missed the part where I said monks should not be allowed to be shielded? Hence 2 PPUs would not be allowed to look out for each other, they would need to be defended by other classes. But no, just jump to conclusions and see this as another PPU nerf post PLEASE.

I see this is a PPU buff to be honest, the class would be so much more fun to play than it is currently.

It wouldn't remove the monk class. What i've suggested is a general outline, obviously it would need to be tweaked so that being a PPU wasn't a waste of time.

deac
06-12-03, 22:37
arghh.. that would soo kill of the ppu class

shardl0r
06-12-03, 22:39
Why?

You would still need PPU's, they just wouldn't be the cheese they are atm.

But alright, bad idea, my mistake......I don't really mind being almost invincible THAT much :D