PDA

View Full Version : Bdoy:Mc5 Helpers

Psycho Killa
06-12-03, 21:52
Well its a couple months off atleast but we should consider the hopefully big increase in new players when Bdoy gets released.

Maybe reakktor can enlist the help of volunteers who want to greet new people at the mc5s.

These would be people who have a good knowledge of the game and can tell people what to expect and answer any questions.

I seen the new npcs at mc5 thats a good start but I dont think it can compare to human interaction and ability to answer specific questions.

Also maybe these volunteers will be giving the ability to construct research repair etc so they can help the low people out and show them what to expect before they generep out of mc5.

Precautions would have to be taken to prevent the helpers from abusing there powers or hurting the new players but I would hope people wouldnt scare away new players that fast.

Anyways what do u guys think? Anyone have any other suggestions to try to get the new players involved and to stick with it?

El Barto
06-12-03, 22:07
I think its a damn good idea, also improving MC5 so they can level and make it a bit more intereting, it would be sooo much better.

\\Fényx//
06-12-03, 22:07
Damn good idea, 5 stars.

Not long after the download version came out, I was doing some stuff with lupus at the newb MC5 on that server, I leveld a tank upto about /25 there, and with some of my normal chars on that server, I was makin a whole load of newb TL weapons, he was shipping them out to MC5 and we were distributing them to the new ppl that came thru, spent a good 4-5 hours there a day for about 3-4 weeks, then just seemed like the place turned into a ghost town overnigt :|

Odin
06-12-03, 22:19
/me whispers "I wouldn't count on things to be the same for newcomers then"

/me loves being a tease.

\\Fényx//
06-12-03, 22:20
Originally posted by Odin
/me whispers "I wouldn't count on things to be the same for newcomers then"

/me loves being a tease.

/me grumbles about not getting his PE or any items back off my PE :(

Matthew.v.smith
06-12-03, 22:27
I like that idea!
its always nice to help new people.

when I started i had almost no help in the game at all!!

i was using my starter knife well into rank 20 "sniff":(
and couldent even kill a knife welding mutant "wimper":lol: untill someone gave me some money i bought a crappy pistol :|
it helped lol but i had to get litterally on top of a spider to use it :P
untill Tangent tactical logistics took me in they gave me a propper gun that really helped me lvl up :)
soon i could take care of my self but i am thankfull for their help even tho they are no more i am still friends with the leader :)

it was lucky i have a lot of patients because if i diddent i would not have stayed but thankfully i kept telling myself that soon i would be good i just needed somewhere to start :)
and someone to show me the ropes.
thinking back im still a bit embarrased about dieing to a Knife mutant at rank 20 / 30 but its only cause all i had was a knife
Honest ^^

i think i re deemed myself tho by making a rank 58 tank in 5 weeks :)

Matty.:angel:

Xylaz
06-12-03, 22:49
yeah, i can perfectly imagine those mc5 helpers:

Big tank with CS waiting at spawnng place... noob appears.
Tank: Hello, i am your mc5 helper...
Noob: Hi
Tank: See this gun?
Noob: Yeah it's cool
*BAM BAM BAM BAM*
Noob drops dead...
Tank: Buahahaha

Then Apu mc5 helper comes around. Noob appears
APU: HI, i'm your mc5 helper...
Noob: cool
APU dropping poison barrell on spawning place
APU: i can help you with dieing, get used to it, buahahaha...

In other words, knowing NC community i wouldn't want any helpers around me in mc5...

regards
az

Tickles
06-12-03, 22:55
Originally posted by Xylaz
yeah, i can perfectly imagine those mc5 helpers:

Big tank with CS waiting at spawnng place... noob appears.
Tank: Hello, i am your mc5 helper...
Noob: Hi
Tank: See this gun?
Noob: Yeah it's cool
*BAM BAM BAM BAM*
Noob drops dead...
Tank: Buahahaha

Then Apu mc5 helper comes around. Noob appears
APU: HI, i'm your mc5 helper...
Noob: cool
APU dropping poison barrell on spawning place
APU: i can help you with dieing, get used to it, buahahaha...

In other words, knowing NC community i wouldn't want any helpers around me in mc5...

regards
az

Erm i dont know bout other servers, but Pluto aint like that. We have lots of helpful and fun ppl, not losers who pk noobs. They all went off and got bored.

BlackDove
06-12-03, 22:58
If they have people dropping into the apts - fucking finally.

JiNxY
06-12-03, 23:02
hehe i have a guy on saturn in MC5 called "Helper" about rank x/25.

i tried to help new guys but i found everyone coming through was just a reroll, the few i could help seemed really appreciative.

if things are changing for BDoY, what will happen to all people currently in new guy MC5? or will they go through a mini tutorial first? then get put in MC5?

Xylaz
06-12-03, 23:14
Erm i dont know bout other servers, but Pluto aint like that. We have lots of helpful and fun ppl, not losers who pk noobs

erm, don't know bout other servers but i play on Pluto...

az

shodanjr_gr
06-12-03, 23:35
Actually you could make a system modeled after the ARC helpers of Anarchy Online. Damn those people rocked. But you have to have some peeps in MC-5 24/7. Furthermore, u gota make the MC5 zone smaller,i mean really smaller. Increase the mob spawning rate by 1000% or sumthing and make mobs like rats spawn, not those crappy bugs that are around there.

Psycho Killa
06-12-03, 23:40
Originally posted by Xylaz

Yes always gotta think negative though i already mentioned this if you would have read it all.....

Originally posted by Psycho Killa Precautions would have to be taken to prevent the helpers from abusing there powers or hurting the new players but I would hope people wouldnt scare away new players that fast.

#1) Your born with a law enforcer in

#2)Noones gonna have anything above a medicant rifle in mc5

#3)These helpers can have special accounts which list there faction as mc5 helper and possibly have a permanent le chip installed. Also make it so there restricted to the mc5 area only.

These accounts could just last a couple weeks this is for the first few weeks of major increase of players hopefully.

VetteroX
06-12-03, 23:54
I think its a good idea. Nobody would do that to the newbs, ive hlped people out , because I want them to stay and get high level.... THEN kill them, hehe. It like a farm, help them grow big and fat (well nice items) and then pk them also maybe train some pkers from the ground up, the guy I helped out of mc5 liked the idea of pking, not everyones a little pussy carebear.

craio
07-12-03, 00:18
Did that once too ,made a ppu monk just for that reason,problem was that most of the time you saw a runner leave that building and as you start typing/wanna say an introduction they are allready speeding towards the gr...

The problem was that ,mc5 was very lacking of:citycom,various vendors,stuff to kill.
So being a ppu i just took some with me to the energy station thingy.

Overall the real new one really appreciated it,some of those that rerolled just laughed with it ,others praised ya.

What a helper there could use:
-ability to heal (but not more then tl 3 is should stay a challenge)
-ability to damage boost
-ability to spawn various low lvl mobs (with a limit ofcourse)
-ability to spawn ammo