PDA

View Full Version : What being a PPU means to me

Lexxuk
06-12-03, 19:36
Being a PPU to me, isnt about being immortal, because basically, I'm not. I go to MC5 to PPU, i end up needing a rez anyhow.

Being a PPU, is about being able to help people out. That spy calling "need spy 3!" to poke 115, helping /10's to level in the aggie cellars, helping my friends level in high level places, trying to keep them alive.

PPU's are not a fun class, the only time you will have fun, is when your out with just 1 friend, both having a good time, messing around killing things, cause then there is no stress or strain, its "omg, hoverbot, quick, kill it".

When your in a group, of lots of people leveling, they all demand buffs, all demand shelter's, heals, deflectors, heat/haz/psi/rifle/pistol etc. They dont give a second thought to the PPU standing there, a belt full of 9 spells. And do they thank you at the end of the day? No, they want you to be nerfed, because once they have done their leveling up, they find PPU's get in the way.

Myself, my PE leveled up without a PPU, never needed one, death holds no meaning, it never has. I posted a thread about it about a year ago, stating quite clearly, death is just an inconvienience, nothing more, bit of SI, bit of a poke, rince, repeat, its the same now, even without a PPU rez, death has no meaning, with one, it has even less meaning, its just "convienient". But still, the people cry "nerf". The latest one, 2/min cap on a holy rez for a capped PPU. But still people will expect to be rezz'd, after all, that is what PPU's are there for arnt they? To keep alive the people that want them destroyed, to buff the people who fight, and then want them nerfed to hell and back.

Being a PPU is the most thankless job in the entire game. So what does being a PPU really mean to me? Nothing any more, simply because it is totally soul draining, totally stressful, totally thankless task, which is constantly made worse, day by day.

If you want to talk about overpowered PPU's, piss off to another thread, this thread is for PPU's, and what being a PPU means to them, whiners/nerfers/flamers, go elsewhere, thanks.

Marneus Calgar
06-12-03, 19:42
I dont care... I had a PPU... I'll vote this 5 stars... I could't agree with you more... I dont have the PPU anymore... And for one would HATE to see a PPU nerf. But as it is.. I'm outnumbered on that point.. so PPUs are going to get nerfed.

But thank you lexx... you reminded my why I had a PPU... gonna make a PPU again now.

Retro V
06-12-03, 19:42
used and abused we are

'' my alts dead at crp - can u rezz him for me? ''

'' errr .. see that black flashy thing behind you - its called a GR , remember how it works ?''

RuButt
06-12-03, 19:44
yeah, best times are pk runs with friends when ur a PPU

or just lvling..

bigger groups = STRESS

at least for me.... =/

.Cyl0n
06-12-03, 19:45
i couldnt agree more lexx

<3 lexxuk

and i know many others that feel the same way

5 stars...

.cy

shodanjr_gr
06-12-03, 19:46
I dont have a problem with being bitched at. Besides every healer in every MMORPG is being bitched at. Its part of our job. And at the end of the day, when i am done with some ppuing at crp caves and everyone in the team has got 2 or 3 levels in their main stat, i get a feeling i have accomplished something, something that without me (or a member of my class in general) would have been quite difficult. What i hate though is that while people like and most of the time demand our help to powerlevel their chars (not that i have a problem with it), they then come to the forums and want us nerfed, all the way to hell and back....

That i dont like at all....

Eledhbrant
06-12-03, 19:49
I agree completely, its fun with just keeping one guy alive and having a laugh...huge groups are bad...

oh, anyone had this one?

*middle of a huge OP fight, throwing shields/heals all over the place and this spy comes up right in front of your face and says: "P-C 3 plz"*

*smack*

o_O

Flyl
06-12-03, 19:50
I agree completly with everything. On an additional note why is it PPU's being nerfed? PPU's are the hardest class in the game to kill for the inexperianced player, but at what cost? A PPU can't really do any harm to any player. A PPU can't kill you with any kind of efficency.

The PPU is the most hated charactor in the game but a vital one for certain locations in the game. You don't goto MC5 without a PPU. Most people don't goto the Chaos Caves without a PPU. By nerfing the PPU you're essentially making parts of the game inaccessable to everybody.

Lexxuk's example of the 30 second cast time on ressurect. If that was to go through there would be other things that'd have to be changed to keep the game "balanced". For example. Shelters would have to be increased in effectivness, so a PPU could take damage from the whole of MC5 while casting the ressurection. Likewise the anti PPU weaponary in the forum of Antibuff would also have to be increased in terms of cast time. Theres no point having a 30 second ressurection cast time when an APU can unbuff you in 2 seconds, its just not balanaced.

PPU's aren't invincible as they are right now. Any one good APU can kill a PPU. But just because you can't kill a PPU with an energy weapon doesn't mean they need nerfing, it means you're not being creative enough.

Another point that Lexxuk touched, was the abuse a PPU gets. "S/D/HAZ PLZ NOW". Any PPU's out there will instantly agree with me. And when it doesn't get done straight away they bitch and complain, even after you've ressurected them five times because they've run into a field full of Grim Chasers while you were rebuffing. Why should any person have to put up with that? We pay to play the game as well.

Another five star rating from me.

/Rei

Genty
06-12-03, 19:51
When leveling with my clan and i find that everyone is being very demanding, i just do everything extra slow until they learn what to do. Especially when an anti-posion sanct is needed, i keep myself and the people directly around me alive, not the people running off way ahead.

I have been a PPU for ages, still enjoy it every now and again but it is annoying with the "everyone hates us and our class" in the forums.

Sanch0s
06-12-03, 19:55
I would have been happy if there just wasnt parashock apart from that i belive ppus should be invincable who cares its not liek they hurt, let them live aslong as they dont make me crawl who cares.

Elric
06-12-03, 19:55
agreed lexxy m8. I love having a PPU to level with, it makes life so much more fun and simple to level (being able to take on tougher mobs, having a res to avoid the inconvenience of GR'n) and doing taht and having a laugh with a couple of friends is great. I can se how it would be stressful in a large group too, and i dont envy you for that.
I levelled most of my charaters without a PPU and yes, your dead right, dying is nothing more than an inconvenience.
On this character i have levelled WITH a ppu on occasion and it is beyond meaning how much more fun it is when you have help and dont have to GR every 5 minutes.

Dunno bout anyone else, but any PPU I level with (Thanks for today Proxy, it was Fun :) ) I try to give them something in way of thanks, whether thats giving them cash or letting them keep the loot or giving them a bigger percentage of it I dont mind. More people SHOULD do this as theyre taking their time to make yours more fun and deserve something in return, treat them a s a tradeskiller there to keep you alive, and pay them for it as you would with any other

Im sorry to say though, that they are far too important when it comes to large scale battles or OP wars. Thats just the way it is. I wont go into detail, im sure you can read any other nerf posts for reasons if you need them.

bounty
06-12-03, 19:58
The biggest rewards i get as a ppu is standing on top of the military base bunker and healing and keeping alive a group of 10 and knowing that their leveling for that moment is a complete breeze.

Lexx is right, people that haven't played a ppu don't realize the true hassle that it is, and a thanks is rarely heard. People that haven't played a ppu also don't realize just how much work is involved in keeping your teamates and yourself alive, it is a very hard thing to balance, one that i am still trying to work at.

But, I have been a PURE ppu for quite some time, way back when there was probably a total of maybe 10-15 on pluto, and one thing i've learned is that playing the role of a support class is a strict dicipline indeed, and you can't rely on someone telling you thank you, you need to have some personal enjoyment from keeping people alive and enhancing OTHERS gaming experience.

It is a hard class to play, and a very unselfish class to play. Hard to make money, can't kill hardly anything, and very hard to level, but it comes with the territory and i'm proud to be in this select group of people.

Yalson
06-12-03, 20:01
I agree 100% with this thread

Psyco Groupie
06-12-03, 20:13
From my experience of ppu'ing I love large groups - its a rush .. buff people - freeze some shit .. db some other shit ... its fun - im not sure wether this type of ppu'ing is easier with higher fps or you need uber skills ... but yeah sometimes its more boring than others

meh .. spam imo :P

:rolleyes:

FirestarXL
06-12-03, 20:19
Originally posted by Lexxuk

When your in a group, of lots of people leveling, they all demand buffs, all demand shelter's, heals, deflectors, heat/haz/psi/rifle/pistol etc. They dont give a second thought to the PPU standing there, a belt full of 9 spells.

Heh, tell me about it... :rolleyes:

Lexxuk
06-12-03, 20:23
If the team is well organised, then yes, large groups can be very fun, and very rewarding experiences. If the team is a group of 7 people who think team work is doing what they want, and expect the rest to keep up with them, then its complete chaos.

Being in the chaos caves as a PPU, i've seen it happen, people greedy for exp, rushing off ahead to aoe the mobs, whilst you, as a PPU, are still standing back, rezzing people, buffing people, then a group of mobs comes storming in, and the person who ran off expecting you to drop everything to heal them, rince, repeat.

On my PE though, I did go out for some fun with Rei <3, we went up near blackhill, and I managed to get myself killed, in front of lots of grim's. Was my own fault though, I forgot to ask for a heal. Rei was trying her hardest to rez me, but the grims kept moving her around so she couldnt. You could almost imagine her there screaming at the puter "omg, you f****** git, what the f*** did you die for!!!!". In the end, I GR'd out, I knew Rei wouldnt have died from the grims, but I didnt want her to be put under the pressure of it all. Even more so beause I probably would have died 1 second after being rezzed anyhow.

I guess we all have our own perception of PPU's. Mine is that they are the most abused class in the game, unable to do anything on their own, requiring people to help them to level, never being able to get the loot for themselves (but sharing is good), but people always demanding us when it suits them to have us.

shodanjr_gr
06-12-03, 20:27
If the team is well organised, then yes, large groups can be very fun, and very rewarding experiences. If the team is a group of 7 people who think team work is doing what they want, and expect the rest to keep up with them, then its complete chaos.

Being in the chaos caves as a PPU, i've seen it happen, people greedy for exp, rushing off ahead to aoe the mobs, whilst you, as a PPU, are still standing back, rezzing people, buffing people, then a group of mobs comes storming in, and the person who ran off expecting you to drop everything to heal them, rince, repeat.

On my PE though, I did go out for some fun with Rei <3, we went up near blackhill, and I managed to get myself killed, in front of lots of grim's. Was my own fault though, I forgot to ask for a heal. Rei was trying her hardest to rez me, but the grims kept moving her around so she couldnt. You could almost imagine her there screaming at the puter "omg, you f****** git, what the f*** did you die for!!!!". In the end, I GR'd out, I knew Rei wouldnt have died from the grims, but I didnt want her to be put under the pressure of it all. Even more so beause I probably would have died 1 second after being rezzed anyhow.

I guess we all have our own perception of PPU's. Mine is that they are the most abused class in the game, unable to do anything on their own, requiring people to help them to level, never being able to get the loot for themselves (but sharing is good), but people always demanding us when it suits them to have us.

A bit of OT but in that kind of situation casting an SC is the ideal solution. SCs tend to draw the fire away from you so u can easily do ur rezzing. Has worked for meh before.

Lexxuk
06-12-03, 20:29
soul clusters tend to get totally lost in the chaos caves, then you have the whole "red = dead" thing, as the SC's tend to hit people before mobs, and if SC hits someone, then a mob kills them, you lose s/l. Its almost as bad as being a droner hehehe :)

/edit - would the single person who voted this thread one star, explain why? (5*10+1/11=avg)

shodanjr_gr
06-12-03, 20:33
soul clusters tend to get totally lost in the chaos caves, then you have the whole "red = dead" thing, as the SC's tend to hit people before mobs, and if SC hits someone, then a mob kills them, you lose s/l. Its almost as bad as being a droner hehehe :)

/edit - would the single person who voted this thread one star, explain why? (5*10+1/11=avg)

Wasnt reffering to the chaos caves, but actually to the other incident when u were dead in the midst of a grim family reunion. It works wonders, especcially if u got a high level SC since they can take quite a beating.

Lexxuk
06-12-03, 20:36
Originally posted by shodanjr_gr
Wasnt reffering to the chaos caves, but actually to the other incident when u were dead in the midst of a grim family reunion. It works wonders, especcially if u got a high level SC since they can take quite a beating.

ohh, in that sort of situation, i'd hide myself behind a rock or something, just enough to allow me to cast rez, and duck, the mob's would then chase me (the PPU), so when the dead person came back to life, the mobs would be at a safe distance.

Must admit though, a fully buffed soul cluster is fun to set on a flying mob, like a hoverbot, they end up going miles into the air, till they are little dots hehehe :)

shodanjr_gr
06-12-03, 20:40
ohh, in that sort of situation, i'd hide myself behind a rock or something, just enough to allow me to cast rez, and duck, the mob's would then chase me (the PPU), so when the dead person came back to life, the mobs would be at a safe distance.

Must admit though, a fully buffed soul cluster is fun to set on a flying mob, like a hoverbot, they end up going miles into the air, till they are little dots hehehe :)

In the area around gaya mines, where ive been doing some leveling, its quite difficult to get cover in order to rezz so ur SC is ur only salvation!!!

Anywayz, this thread is about the way we feel about PPUs, so lets not turn it into a Ub3r PPU tactix thread!!!

Dont Mess
06-12-03, 20:52
brings a tear 2 my eyes :( coulndt agree more

Carinth
06-12-03, 21:00
For those of ya that dont check the test forum much: http://neocron.jafc.de/showthread.php?s=&threadid=83744

What lexx said about 30 second rezzes is no joke, that's what they are on the test server now. A capped holy ressurect gets 2/min rof. Use that thread to discuss it though : )

I completely agree about ppu's. I've been one nearly nonstop since they were first created. I took a hiatus as a hybrid for a little while and then recently a short break as an apu. However I have been first and foremost a PPU. I've ranted many times about how the game is stacked against us. Punishment for Death is higher then anyone else, equipment needed is higher, responsibilties is higher. Even worse there are mechanics in Neocron that blatantly assume you are an aggressive player. The game itself doesn't support us! Some examples are no passive missions for exp/sl. How silly is it to force us to kill just so we can do missions like everyone else. Then we have the 1safe slot, which proudly protects my booster. Whats the point in having a safe spot when my inventory is full of valuable/hard to get items. Yet another example is the SL system, which assumes dealing damage is the only way to fight someone. The ppu does not deal damage so therefore we would never ever be punished for helping murderers. They managed to sneak in some dmg for shock, so that we can be dealt sl losses, but there are so many other ways to assist in a fight. Evidently being an acomplice(sp?) to murder is perfectly legal, just don't do the actual killing! Killing runners for epics is another good one. There are many others, but the last thing is Soul Clusters. How dumb is it that we had to be given a way to kill? We shouldn't ever need to kill a player or mob, we're passive!

Carinth
06-12-03, 21:04
Lexx: I don't know if you're aware or not, but you can control who your sc attacks. Cast Creature Focus, then target somone or some mob and cast the spell again. Your sc will attack. I almost always use this when I'm ressurecting, especialy at MC5. When people die from synch on the ramp outside, I use sc to occupy the guards.

Mishakal
06-12-03, 21:55
Yeah i agree, it's fun supporting ur mates as a ppu but u can't let ur attention slip for a second or ur bitched at, a lot of ppu's spend a fair amount of time in leveling areas helping low level runners gain exp for no other reason than it's fun but all u seem to get on the forums is nerf the ppu's. Ah well at least we know who doesn't want a ppu despite them shouting for buffs/boosts/heals or a rezz :D

spongeb0b
06-12-03, 22:04
I have never had a ppu myself but I for one do not want them nerfed... I like them... they are nice people I always thank my ppu for the buffs he gives me... i feel they have made the game more chalenging in the aspect of PvP and that is what people dislike... I, however like the ppu being there in an op war it makes people think before just running in willy nilly... thats what people dont like.... they dont like thinking... they want the game to be a basic shoot em up... i do not i want that. I like to have to rely on other people as they rely on me. (sorry if the wording is out.... i'm slightly tipsy)

nonamebrandeggs
06-12-03, 22:09
I always thank my PPU friend :).

Carinth
06-12-03, 22:21
Spongebob: Most don't like ppu's because it devalues their presence at a fight. Your skills and abilities don't really matter when you have a ppu around, the focus of the fight becomes the ppu rather then the combatants. This is indeed a problem and needs to be addressed, but not by dumping more crap on ppu's.

Some take being solo to such an extreme that they don't want a ppu's help anywhere. It's rather odd to see someone turn hostile to you when you heal/buff them : ) The majority of players along with these extremists are focused on eradicating the ppu so that they can have fun again. Then they wonder why ppu's become hostile when they suggest ideas to reduce us.

Ivory
06-12-03, 22:21
well they want to kill a class then fuck them up with one of their spell is the attitude that kk are implementing with this 30 secs rez as carinth is saying... i luv playing this class not just because of the feel good factor of helping someone out, not just being a class with the highest class. It takes a lot of patience of being a ppu, it takes a lot of skill being a ppu and it also takes a lot of guts being one in general.

Now for all the ppl who moan about ppu's stfu and listen to the person on the receiving end... they have to deal with ur shit everyday... there they to help u out a lot in the time of desparate need. So pls be grateful to them.

Now with regards to PVP... its okay for a fuckin apu to have a 3 secs anitbuff and a stupid random dmg on their HL but when it comes to a ppu rezzing with these new stupid capped frequency...all i can say this

a) when getting rezzed by a ppu make urself a cuppa tea (make sure its scottish blend cos its the best) cos ur gonna be waiting a while for the firework display to reach ur pathetic body.

b) when a ppu has all these nerfs.... then what will pvp be like? It will just be short battles of i have the biggest gun so u shall die.

c) ppu are the class with loadsa patience..... the carry a gizillion spells to keep all u lot alive.. imgaine if their spells were self casted... wot will caving be like... survival of the fittest?

d) with this new nerf, how would u feel if one clan took the whole map with the advent of the increase of apu's, pe's after the nerf and closed all their gr's or keep their leveling places opened in the "sprit of freedom" but camp the fuckin gr's to this type of place. The PPU doesnt have a choice to help u... cos it will be too gimped... bit of an exageration but it will happen.

e) For all u apu's out there who rely soley on the ppu/apu combo... we would luv to be ur best pals..but if expecting a rez look at point a)

I can rant on till i finish the alphabet but u get the jist of things... but hey i only complaining of the downside of being a ppu...... and i like a said b4 if u have the patience then u'll be one of the best ppu's in the game.

To KK.... pls hope u nerf us soon.... to the point where we look like novelty items in plaza 1..... 30 secs rez u guys obviously must have been drunk when u implemented that :wtf:

Oh and also trying to keep post count low.... dun want to become a forum junkie so i might not reply to the incesant whining after what i just said.

Lexxuk
06-12-03, 22:35
Originally posted by Carinth
Lexx: I don't know if you're aware or not, but you can control who your sc attacks. Cast Creature Focus, then target somone or some mob and cast the spell again. Your sc will attack. I almost always use this when I'm ressurecting, especialy at MC5. When people die from synch on the ramp outside, I use sc to occupy the guards.

I've used that one a few times, it helps with taking down warbots, and decayed stuff. No chance against a grim though unless you have the patience of a saint :angel:

Your also right about NC being geared towards agressive play, the missions are aggressive (except research/cst/recyle) and the epic's are very aggressive "kill this npc and these players please". That does detract heavily from the passive role a PPU should take.

@ Ivory - whilst i totally agree with you, I dont really want this thread to turn into a discussion about nerf's really, its about what being a PPU means to you :)

Ivory
06-12-03, 22:41
just ranting lexx... although it does get to the point that u do get pissed off of how the game is going these days with nerfs.... to respect lexx's wishes talk about what the topic says...... again do consider the ppu.... they will be the one's keeping u sexy at the end of the day.

deac
06-12-03, 22:54
I'm a ppu because i was needed as one... its seldom fun and most of the time ppl whine and bitch... today i took 3 of my mates to the tg cave.. one was a rank /30 apu then a tank and a spy... now the apu was going to need my full attention since they tend to die in 2 shots.. IE holy heal on all the time...

well there was some spirit lowbies in the cave.. /25 - /50 ... alright we decide to team up because of the sl issue... I'm telling em that i wont rez anyone of them if they die... i now have a group of 7 newbs to take care of...

There i was running around with group heals and haz... and this one spirit apu /25 starts asking me for a spy3..... I just had to tell him to go fuck off....

And then I'm hated....

One more fun day in the life of the ppu...

Scikar
06-12-03, 22:56
I don't think it's purely a case of the PPUs are the good guys and everyone is rude an expects the PPU to do everything they want. I have played a PPU and I do know how difficult it can be. But even before that I have always been polite towards them. I do honestly think they ruin the fun at both OP wars and small fights, but I keep the arguments to the forums. In game, at an OP fight or not, I'm still polite. I always say thanks after being ressed or buffed, and I always say please when asking for anything, where possible. If a PPU helps me hunt a few tech dropping mobs I'll always give him a share of the parts, I'm not ungrateful.

At the same time there are PPUs who do not view being a PPU as a means of helping people, or of making themselves valuable. There are people who play PPU just for the godmode. You can tell because they're the ones who will paraspam you over and over while saying "OMG ROFLOLOLOLOLOLOL YOU CANT KILL ME NOOB!!!!!oneoneoneone!!!" It's just the way it is, some people are assholes, some of them play PPUs, some don't.

Shadow Dancer
06-12-03, 22:56
Just interjecting my opinion here........

Being a PPU to me, isnt about being immortal, because basically, I'm not. I go to MC5 to PPU, i end up needing a rez anyhow.

Being a PPU, is about being able to help people out. That spy calling "need spy 3!" to poke 115, helping /10's to level in the aggie cellars, helping my friends level in high level places, trying to keep them alive.

Cool. I do believe alot of ppus sincerely just want to help and love the role of protector/defender. But their are some ppus(i don't thikn ur one of them) who just want to be immortal or who are basically cowards.

Like some of the hybrids who lommed to ppu, then back to hybrid(when ds came out) then back to ppu, then to apu but never leaving a safezone without a ppu.

PPU's are not a fun class,

Why play a class if it's not fun?

When your in a group, of lots of people leveling, they all demand buffs, all demand shelter's, heals, deflectors, heat/haz/psi/rifle/pistol etc. They dont give a second thought to the PPU standing there, a belt full of 9 spells. And do they thank you at the end of the day? No, they want you to be nerfed, because once they have done their leveling up, they find PPU's get in the way.

Yea some people are like that. However, just because a ppu is helpful doesn't mean their not imbalanced or don't need tweaks. And also, KK upped the strength of mobs BECAUSE of ppus.

But still, the people cry "nerf". The latest one, 2/min cap on a holy rez for a capped PPU. But still people will expect to be rezz'd, after all, that is what PPU's are there for arnt they? To keep alive the people that want them destroyed, to buff the people who fight, and then want them nerfed to hell and back.

That's because ressurect was imbalanced for PvP. Ressing someone so quickly while an army is shooting at you. Ressing under "intense" fire or any fire at all, is pretty lame IMO.

Being a PPU is the most thankless job in the entire game. So what does being a PPU really mean to me? Nothing any more, simply because it is totally soul draining, totally stressful, totally thankless task, which is constantly made worse, day by day.

Then don't play ppu.

If you want to talk about overpowered PPU's, piss off to another thread, this thread is for PPU's, and what being a PPU means to them, whiners/nerfers/flamers, go elsewhere, thanks.

Well I was a ppu. And yea, I stopped being ppu for almost all the reasons you stated. I got tired of ungrateful people bitching at me. I got tired of "WTF HEAL ME STUPID" and all that jazz. And I also got tired of not attacking.

Regardless, I'm just pointing out that some of those complaints are valid. Just because ppus are very useful and are used alot, doesn't mean their not imbalanced and it certainly does not mean that all the anti-ppu complaints are completely baseless.

Just MO though.
:angel:

Originally posted by Flyl
I agree completly with everything. On an additional note why is it PPU's being nerfed? PPU's are the hardest class in the game to kill for the inexperianced player, but at what cost? A PPU can't really do any harm to any player. A PPU can't kill you with any kind of efficency.

PPus are being nerfed because of some of their roles in PvP. Their role is way too large, too powerful, and they are too needed.

Parashock was also imbalanced.

By nerfing the PPU you're essentially making parts of the game inaccessable to everybody.

Not really. KK can tone down mob damage if they tone down ppus.

Theres no point having a 30 second ressurection cast time when an APU can unbuff you in 2 seconds, its just not balanaced.

Because they don't want you ressing underfire.

However I do think 30 seconds or a minute is plain rediculous and wayyyyy too long.

PPU's aren't invincible as they are right now. Any one good APU can kill a PPU. But just because you can't kill a PPU with an energy weapon doesn't mean they need nerfing, it means you're not being creative enough.

A good ppu will not die to anyone 1v1. Also, piercing weapons do squat to well setup ppus. Unless KK introduced a high level pierce rare for tanks.

Originally posted by Genty
When leveling with my clan and i find that everyone is being very demanding, i just do everything extra slow until they learn what to do. Especially when an anti-posion sanct is needed, i keep myself and the people directly around me alive, not the people running off way ahead.

:lol:

Good idea.

Originally posted by Elric

Dunno bout anyone else, but any PPU I level with (Thanks for today Proxy, it was Fun :) ) I try to give them something in way of thanks, whether thats giving them cash or letting them keep the loot or giving them a bigger percentage of it I dont mind. More people SHOULD do this as theyre taking their time to make yours more fun and deserve something in return, treat them a s a tradeskiller there to keep you alive, and pay them for it as you would with any other

Yup me too. Back when I used to level with Carinth, I was always very generous with him and 99% of the time treated him well.

Originally posted by bounty

It is a hard class to play, and a very unselfish class to play. Hard to make money, can't kill hardly anything, and very hard to level, but it comes with the territory and i'm proud to be in this select group of people.

I think it's lame that KK requires ppus to have so many multi slot spells and then makes it hard for them to get cash.

PPU spells should have a much higher construction quality cap.

The game itself doesn't support us!

I agree.

To me being a ppu is not fun and nowhere near rewarding enough, which is why I stopped being ppu.

Originally posted by Scikar
I don't think it's purely a case of the PPUs are the good guys and everyone is rude an expects the PPU to do everything they want. I have played a PPU and I do know how difficult it can be. But even before that I have always been polite towards them. I do honestly think they ruin the fun at both OP wars and small fights, but I keep the arguments to the forums. In game, at an OP fight or not, I'm still polite. I always say thanks after being ressed or buffed, and I always say please when asking for anything, where possible. If a PPU helps me hunt a few tech dropping mobs I'll always give him a share of the parts, I'm not ungrateful.

At the same time there are PPUs who do not view being a PPU as a means of helping people, or of making themselves valuable. There are people who play PPU just for the godmode. You can tell because they're the ones who will paraspam you over and over while saying "OMG ROFLOLOLOLOLOLOL YOU CANT KILL ME NOOB!!!!!oneoneoneone!!!" It's just the way it is, some people are assholes, some of them play PPUs, some don't.

EXACTLY! I agree word for word.

.Cyl0n
06-12-03, 23:18
It's just the way it is, some people are assholes, some of them play PPUs, some don't.

yea and 2 of em just posted here .

Ivory
06-12-03, 23:21
Originally posted by Shadow Dancer
That's because ressurect was imbalanced for PvP. Ressing someone so quickly while an army is shooting at you. Ressing under "intense" fire or any fire at all, is pretty lame IMO.

Soz lexx if this is a bit outopic

The question is why has rez been put down to about 2/min shot freq when it is okay as it is now imo. Take this scenario for example:

PPU rez another person with his capped frequecy and roughly takes about 6-7 secs to rez a person. Now u have enemy apu's who have the capped anti buff which is roughly about 3-4 secs... by that time they already put pressure on the ppu who is rezzing and the ppu is now forced to concentrate on themselves so that they don't ganked in the process, so the person is getting rezzed make urself a cuppa . With regards to ppu having an army trying to kill it... whilst rezzing, the tactic here is just have the apu to anti buff! thats it tbh... all u have to do is put pressure on the ppu. Ppl now play this game for tactical advantages whether its lame or not. Now this is just a scenario of an op fight where all classes are there.

Shads u have to realise that there will be a need for all classes in OP battles (this is just a point for the scenario above).. apu, ppu etc.

One on one thats a different story... each class will have a specific advantage against the other person. I just feel that with the increase of the ppu class has made the game imbalanced thats why everyone rants about it lol.

Scikar
06-12-03, 23:22
Originally posted by .Cyl0n

Oh sorry, did your happy PPU thread just get spoilt? Just because somebody disagrees with you. How very mature of you.

Shadow Dancer
06-12-03, 23:25
Originally posted by Ivory
Soz lexx if this is a bit outopic

The question is why has rez been put down to about 2/min shot freq when it is okay as it is now imo. Take this scenario for example:

PPU rez another person with his capped frequecy and roughly takes about 6-7 secs to rez a person. Now u have enemy apu's who have the capped anti buff which is roughly about 3-4 secs... by that time they already put pressure on the ppu who is rezzing and the ppu is now forced to concentrate on themselves so that they don't ganked in the process, so the person is getting rezzed make urself a cuppa . With regards to ppu having an army trying to kill it... whilst rezzing, the tactic here is just have the apu to anti buff! thats it tbh... all u have to do is put pressure on the ppu. Ppl now play this game for tactical advantages whether its lame or not. Now this is just a scenario of an op fight where all classes are there.

I don't thikn the ppu should res under any fire. However the NEW ress RoF is outrageous. Honestly, I think the best solution is to make the corpse auto-gr after a set time, and keep the ress speed the same way it is in retail.

Btw your tactic right there involves a monk. ;)

Shads u have to realise that there will be a need for all classes in OP battles.. apu, ppu etc.

We'll see. As of now, the only NEEDED classes are apus and ppus.

I just feel that with the increase of the ppu's in the game i think thats the imbalance of the game.

O_o

shodanjr_gr
06-12-03, 23:26
@People who consider PPUs a not-fun class

Actually for me being a PPU is fun, and it is more exciting than any other class. As any other class i mostly had to catter for my own survival. Now apart from my own survival (which can be hard in a game plagued by FREs, Lag and buffs that dont stick) i have to care for the survival of the team. That gives me a much higher adrenaline rush than before. And if the ability of PPUs to help others is nerfed (ie selfcast shields only etc), it will be even more fun because it will be even more of a challenge to keep people alive.

And if people keep bitching at me, i just leave em there dead, and hack their belts......Thats the price for being ungratefull.

shodanjr_gr
06-12-03, 23:29
Originally posted by .Cyl0n

here we go again, childish flame spawning behavior.....

Ivory
06-12-03, 23:35
o_O

i know the last part didnt make sense lol..... wot ever is in my head it just comes out that way :angel:

What i meant to say was with hybrids not being viable and everyone had to specialise and thats where the increase of ppu's came from. Now ppl just get pissed cos of the increase of the class and then thats where u c these type of threads on the forum.

Shadow Dancer
06-12-03, 23:37
i know the last part didnt make sense lol..... wot ever is in my head it just comes out that way :angel:

What i meant to say was with hybrids not being viable and everyone had to specialise and thats where the increase of ppu's came from. Now ppl just get pissed cos of the increase of the class and then thats where u c these type of threads on the forum.

Well hybrids are viable, and some are overpwered. But that's beside the point, :D. IMO the "problem" of pures was always there, it only came to light after more people started playing.

Carinth
06-12-03, 23:43
Please keep discussion of the 30 second ressurect to the test server forum. The mods will end up closing this thread if we keep discussing test server stuff.

Shad and Scikar, you're totaly right. I think if you look at the ppu's the active vocal ones are the ex hybrids. Most of the real ppu's are quiet behind the scenes kind of people. If I recall right, a dev once told me that part of their intention with throroughly smashing hybrids was to force people to play Pure Monks. I had been complaining about some of the same problems with ppu's that are still here today. The dev said more people need to play as a ppu and complain in order for us to fix it. So dispersing the hybrids to apu/ppu would mean we'd get more attention and be fixed. Unfortuanetly that doesn't seem to have happened. PPU's have become much stronger since then, but I can only recall one problem fixed. They introduced the ability to direct a SC rather then hope it randomly attacks who you want it too. I believe that for the most part this backfired on them. By strengthening us they gave us a reward for all the problems we put up with. So as long as we can run around like an armored tank who cares that we hafta kill for missions or hafta carry around more expensive stuff. If we intend on reducing the ppu's power then the majority of these people will simply switch to another class or quit entirely. Then we'll just be back to were we where before, small ppu population and no hope of getting much attention.

I've always been of the opinion that boosts should be done first and then reductions to bring them in balance with others. KK's reductions have a tendancy to be brutal..

Scikar
06-12-03, 23:48
That's the main reason why I think there should be a complete rethink of PPU defence. PPU defence is currently too 'conventional.' Not necessarily too high, but it has the wrong aim. Currently a PPU stays alive by ignoring his team mates, and if he devotes himself entirely to keeping his team mates alive he dies. This should be the other way around IMO.

Carinth
06-12-03, 23:58
Originally posted by shodanjr_gr
@People who consider PPUs a not-fun class

Actually for me being a PPU is fun, and it is more exciting than any other class. As any other class i mostly had to catter for my own survival. Now apart from my own survival (which can be hard in a game plagued by FREs, Lag and buffs that dont stick) i have to care for the survival of the team. That gives me a much higher adrenaline rush than before. And if the ability of PPUs to help others is nerfed (ie selfcast shields only etc), it will be even more fun because it will be even more of a challenge to keep people alive.

And if people keep bitching at me, i just leave em there dead, and hack their belts......Thats the price for being ungratefull.

You've named why people play a ppu in the first place. I can vividly remember getting a crazy rush from sucessfuly supporting two teamates to slaughter an army of enemies. Othertimes when we had more equal numbers, it began to feel like a chess match with me vs the enemy ppu. Figure out who to ressurect to inflict the most damage on the enemy ppu or to protect you from the hostiles being thrown at you. Figuring out the apropriate times to heal and rebuff your team versus ressurecting and using combat booster spells. When you're in the zone, so to speak, being a ppu is most excellent. Even mindless dungeon romps are fun, keeping track of buffs, heals, and deaths so that your team can happily slaughter mobs.

Give it time though, after the excitement of being a ppu wears off you will start to see the faults. Many ppu's are pretty happy with the way they are, they simply accept that we have problems. We've always had problems, so what else is new ; ) For the rest of us the moments when we love being a ppu start being overshadowed by the negatives. When you die because your shelter would not cast nomatter how many times you click it and you drop a 5slot holy heal, you will start to understand. When you end up with negative sl from shocking people in pp who were then killed then you try to compete with others at the MB cyclop spawn. Your holy para is doing moderate damage, then a mid level character comes on and kills it in a few shots and you just lost a mission. How about when you see a poor pitiful noob and offer to help them in the sewers, and they start taking advantage of you by spending hours down there. If you think killing rats is boring, try following somoene who is killing rats ; ) In the end when you finnaly escape, what do you have to show for it? No exp, your spells are worn down, about the only thing you gained was maybe a good feelin for helping out a noob.

Ah I better stop there, it's too easy to go into a rant listing our problems ; )

Edit:

That's the main reason why I think there should be a complete rethink of PPU defence. PPU defence is currently too 'conventional.' Not necessarily too high, but it has the wrong aim. Currently a PPU stays alive by ignoring his team mates, and if he devotes himself entirely to keeping his team mates alive he dies. This should be the other way around IMO.

That's an excellent idea, in many other rpg's it is not so much the cleric constantly casting spells on teamates, as the cleric being there that boosts the team. Group spells are much more common and useful. If in Neocron group spells would activate on anyone in the team thats near the ppu, I do believe would be a step in teh right direction.

Even more basic is how spells are implimented. In most rpg's I've seen you have a magic book or at least a catalogue of known spells. You can usualy assign them to keys for quick use. I have never before seen a spell as an object, it's a totaly bizzare feature of neocron. Noone has even bothered to explain how the glove works. Are we inserting the spell into the glove? Having spells as items rather then as knowledge means that we hafta shuffle and deal with physical items while we are fighting. This is one of the biggest beef's most ppu's have. Our inventory can have upwards of 20 spells in it, which we hafta manualy swap to the quickbelt to use. Increasing the work a player has to do during the heat of combat is insane. It's part of why ppu's can get so stressed out and lock up. Yes Mr Tank let me pull up my rpos and swap HC booster to my quickbar. There you go, now I'll just swap back. Now if the enemy is curtious he will wait until the ppu is done, because it would be outrageous to attack while the ppu is swapping spells! I really think they could of come up with a better implimentation of spells.

I posted up an idea once that our gloves have a database on them, which allows us to store some spells for use maybe by hotkeys. However we do it, spells should not be pysical items we equip, that only works if you have a very very small spell list. The only time a spell should exist as an item is if it's a scroll or some talisman.

SovKhan
07-12-03, 00:04
Frist off rated 5 stars because your right, i used to help tons of people level hunt ect. the only thing i ever got was more S/D and longs from people. and on a hunt i got alittle experience and never got any rares, and was poor as shit. not to mention got yelled at when i didnt have that particular classes PSI,HC,PISTOL,RIFLE buff. just horrible, which is why i dont help out newbies or non clanmates hunt anymore cus basicly everyones a whiny bitch and expect ppu buffs, ppu rezzes but dont want to dish out anything in return.

and btw SD a rez nerf means nothing more then your ass Genrepping more not a ppu, cus no ppu is going to try to rez anyoone but the best apus in a fight which will lead to more nerf ideas/threads most likly by you.

if he devotes himself entirely to keeping his team mates alive he dies.

im sorry but that is completely wrong. i dont know who you fight but if you keep your team alive that means that it is either a very long fight OR it means that you win. either way a ppu can survive, because in the end thats what a ppu does. other people do damage ppu stays alive.

the ppus that paraspam 100% of the time are the ppu's that die first.

Shadow Dancer
07-12-03, 00:08
Originally posted by SovKhan

and btw SD a rez nerf means nothing more then your ass Genrepping more not a ppu, cus no ppu is going to try to rez anyoone but the best apus in a fight

What's your point? I don't mind GRing out, "if" I die. And you're right, they'll probably only res apus, but that's because of the importance of apus and ppus in general. This is just one of the first steps in an attempt to fix monkacron.

which will lead to more nerf ideas/threads most likly by you.

I will continue to campaign against imbalances as long as they exist.

Btw, this also means those pesky ppus I take down in a fight won't be so easily ressed by other ppus. :)

Carinth
07-12-03, 00:24

im sorry but that is completely wrong. i dont know who you fight but if you keep your team alive that means that it is either a very long fight OR it means that you win. either way a ppu can survive, because in the end thats what a ppu does. other people do damage ppu stays alive.

the ppus that paraspam 100% of the time are the ppu's that die first.

I have to disagree, scikar is right. You really can only do one thing at a time. If you are being debuffed and sprayed from every angle with weapon fire, then you are not supporting your team very well or even at all. When you focus on your team, then your own status is neglected. Ive been caught before while buffing my team. Giving out Boosters and I get pounded into the ground with HL because my shelter happened to have just worn off. Why do you think parashock is so vital in killing a ppu? We run to find a spot to take a breather and re asses our status. Our spells all require us standing still. If you keep a ppu shocked and covered with fire, you have a much higher chance of killin him when his buffs go down. Meanwhile the ppu is not healing/sheltering/buffing his team.

petek480
07-12-03, 00:30
If you keep a ppu shocked and covered with fire, you have a much higher chance of killin him when his buffs go down. Meanwhile the ppu is not healing/sheltering/buffing his team.
And you have a much higher chance of getting yourself killed by the PPU team. If anyone goes after a PPU instead of his team are stupid. Killing a good PPU takes time and team works and its impossible to do while the PPU has his team alive.

KRIMINAL99
07-12-03, 00:31
See that means your a real ppu heh. When you see a pure support staff talking l33t its a good sign that they are overpowered lol.

Shadow Dancer
07-12-03, 00:32
Originally posted by petek480
If anyone goes after a PPU instead of his team are stupid.

It depends on the circumstances. Their are just some times when the PPU is so vulnerable that it's better to take the chance and try and kill him. Like some ppus who cast holy cath sanct mid battle. :p

Lexxuk
07-12-03, 01:32
Originally posted by Shadow Dancer
Why play a class if it's not fun?

Because I enjoy playing a PPU, I've played a tank, and hated it, requires 0 skill. I have a PE, and whilst I enjoy being a PE, it also requires minimal skill. APU requires, minimal skill, other than running and healing when you need to. PPU requires a lot of skill, knowing which spell to cast, and when to cast it, making sure your aware of whats happening to the people around you. Its a lot more than buff&shoot like the other classes, its a game of knowing what's what, and that takes a lot of time to work out in large group situations.

Anyway, this thread is slowly degenerating. If you havent any comments on what being a PPU means to you, then pls, dont post.

evs
07-12-03, 01:37
PPU requires a lot of skill, knowing which spell to cast, and when to cast it, making sure your aware of whats happening to the people around you

erm......

if you cant do that then you are a turnip

Scikar
07-12-03, 01:42
My point is, a PPU is rewarding for ignoring his team and concentrating on keeping himself alive. He gains little benefit by buffing his team mates. He doesn't even get any XP from it ffs. PPUs should be encouraged to support their team mates. Not necessarily forced, but a PPU who supports his team mates should be rewarded for it, and a PPU who instead concentrates solely on keeping himself alive (a la the PPUs who sit in Pepper, never buff anyone but themselves and talk shit all day to the 'n00bs' who can't kill them) should suffer a penalty.

Netphreak
07-12-03, 02:18
The only problem i have with ppu's is para spamming!
Cast time on holy rezz well it takes time and dedication to get to be able to use it so why nerf it?
I do find that ppu's are almost impossible to kill through.
I personally watched a PPU withstand/outheal a copbot, a capped tank with CS, pe using paineaser, tank with speedgun and my spy using disruptor (only thing i had with me at the time:wtf: )
I was like omg how the fuck and then thought 'NERF PPU's!' but when i thought about it ppu's are really needed.
Most ppu's can't outheal damage taken in the situtation above, and its only para spamming and the fact that a ppu can make an apu so over powed that make ppl hate them.

I dont have a ppu, but i used to ppu when i had a hybrid and it was demanding even for a hybrid.
I would make a ppu just for something different but i have no free char slots maybe when i get another account.

Dardalion
07-12-03, 02:50

PPU's are not a fun class, the only time you will have fun, is when your out with just 1 friend, both having a good time, messing around killing things, cause then there is no stress or strain, its "omg, hoverbot, quick, kill it".

Myself, my PE leveled up without a PPU, never needed one, death holds no meaning, it never has. I posted a thread about it about a year ago, stating quite clearly, death is just an inconvienience, nothing more, bit of SI, bit of a poke, rince, repeat, its the same now, even without a PPU rez, death has no meaning, with one, it has even less meaning, its just "convienient". But still, the people cry "nerf". The latest one, 2/min cap on a holy rez for a capped PPU. But still people will expect to be rezz'd, after all, that is what PPU's are there for arnt they? To keep alive the people that want them destroyed, to buff the people who fight, and then want them nerfed to hell and back.

Me and Rince just spent an hour or so in Underground City and I tell you it was the most fun Ive had in the whole year Ive played Neocron - being Holy Healed while AOE'ing 10 Giant Black Scorpions and not being able to see where your aiming is an adrenaline rush Ive not had before in this game. PPU only has to worry about 2 people, you and himself.

*edited cos its late and I couldnt spell* :P

Rieper
07-12-03, 04:05
ever since i played a ppu i've been politer to other ppus when im on my tank.. thats all i really need to say. PPUing is being everyones bitch, its a challenge, its not rewarding and has the worst death penalities (i carry about 250-300k worth of spells to buy.. i think maybe upto 500k...) my PA is the hardest to get of all the class PAs (same as apu) i level slower than your average, cant properly level solo. Its nice to be one persons ppu and look after them, and enjoyable at times, but cave runs are worst for the ppu by far... i'd rather be a lieut than a ppu at times.

Zu (Pluto)
07-12-03, 12:47
I have to agree that PPUs quite often only get abuse from the very people they are trying to support. I've seen some team hunting in caves completely change shape when an PPU turns up. People start doing really stupid suicidal things even though they were careful and doing fine before. And when the PPU doesn't keep up with their new self-destructive style of play? They scream and bitch and are generally horrible to the PPU. I've even seen a PPU killed on one occasion by someone they didn't run after to babysit at the expense of the rest of the team.

While I haven't played PPU since waaay back in my first month of Neocron, and PPUs have changed a lot since then, being a PPU seems to be a love-hate thing. I really, really enjoyed the rush of helping someone else. It's good to know they are alive because of your efforts. I can remember the thrill of running around in Storage 8 with my basic TL3 heal(!) and deflector trying to keep my newbie team-mates alive against the terrifyingly might of the cyclops. But on the other hand, people seem to quite often conveniently forget you get no loot (which is a big chunk of money) and they seem to just /expect/ you to be at their complete beck and call. If they die, it somehow becomes /your/ fault, and not because they were dumb and just stood there like a lemon (OK, so I do that sometimes when Lexx is babysitting me :p). Basically, the minuses were just so bad compared to the pluses I gave up in disgust and moved to Pluto as an APU instead. And these days the cost of PPU is even higher.

Now I can't comment on mass PvPs, since I have little experience in that field. But for small groups etc, most of the PPUs I've ever had the pleasure of teaming or chatting with had been nice people who enjoy playing the support role. But however much they enjoy it, we have to remember there is a HIGH cost of being an PPU. The huge number of spells you need to shuffle around (whilst in the middle of a fight and contending with lag); difficulty in completing the "kill" objectives in missions; the immense cost in dying (virtually guaranteed to lose a difficult to make spell); the complete inability to be even slightly self-sufficient (someone else has to pay for / obtain those spells you need). So it's not that simple and you can't just say "if you hate it don't play it". They may love supporting, but the negatives are painful too.

I seem to have rambled a bit here, so in closing I would say:
- If PPUs are to be adjusted/nerfed, it needs to be done in such a way that it doesn't make their life more difficult. Making PPUs not-fun is NOT a way to balance them and reduce their population! So please, when you next scream "nerf the PPU", think - would it make PPUs less fun rather than balancing them?
- Not just a PPU issue, but people need to be more courteous to their fellow human beings playing the /game/. It costs very little to say "thanks" afterwards, and would it really hurt you to share the loot and cash? (OK, so I don't always do that, but I do try to remember). Quite often PPUs seem more pleased to know they were appreciated than anything you can give them.
- All you PPUs I've teamed with in the past? You guys are all great! (even Carinth, but the only time I'd really Teamed with him was during his APU phase so I never got any help of him :().

Hmm. Sorry for the long post. I got carried away.

Zu

Archeus
07-12-03, 13:04
I've used that one a few times, it helps with taking down warbots, and decayed stuff. No chance against a grim though unless you have the patience of a saint :angel:

You can buff your soul cluster before sending it into combat. Also use the low level SC spell to command it as it has a faster fire rate.

Good post Lexx.

Shakey -=Tank=-
07-12-03, 13:19
Yeah I agree PPU is a hard & unrewarding class. It can be a nightmare with only 9 QB slots and pistol, rifle, psi and heavy boosts to cast on ppl

superfresh
07-12-03, 14:08
I have a PPU I love to play in spite of the fact that they can be really frustrating at times. There are a lot of players out there, enemy factions included, whom I've helped level, get rares, and farm MC5 parts.

Ivory
07-12-03, 16:54
A rewarding class in terms of helping? I like this part.

A class that faces most abuse from numerous ppl? Be patient

Just a reminder if you are a ppu... u are the class that keep everyone alive but ur also the class that has the most effect. You're the class that is control. If you dont have a spell in your quick slot to help that person. Tell that person tough or something like that lol. Then they will appreciate that in order to survive they have to get wotever is in the quick belt of the ppu.

SigmaDraconis
07-12-03, 17:22
Well I disagree with most of your reasoning for being PPU...i dont find it stressful at all....i find it boring...while hunting... as a PPU i live for battles, it gets intense..and thats why i play games...get a little adreniline going..struggling to keep people alive and not ignore my own buffs. I dont play a PPU to rez ppl who have no fucking skill over and over..and not to glue ppl to the ground so they cant fight back.....

Dont get me wrong..i know how frustrating it is to PPU alot of people....just only gets me excited in battles..not leveling, so there are times im even willing to forsake my APU or Tanks leveling and log a PPU just to releave pressure from the silly fucker who volunteered to PPU for 8 ppl.

My opinion on the changes..

2/min rez = KK adjusting with a bulldozer ( 8 and 6 sounds much more reasonable....id even live with my APU only casting a capped HAB at 12-15/min if it makes you feel better)

and the changes to paraspam....i like the sound of them but i hope for more in the end. HP was rarely even in my belt as a PPU.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dont bother ranting at me for the following...just sticking in my opinion.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Fact is..mid battle rezzing is a problem...a serious one.. KK just has a HORRIBLE fucking habbit of over 'balancing' . The way i look at it..a PPU is there to keep your ass alive better than you can..not make it so death has ZERO meaning again.

Darken
07-12-03, 17:46
arw i aggree
and that rezz cast time on test server is :(

extract
07-12-03, 19:50
I love being ppu.....its got all the negative drawbacks in the world...and few positives....and noone who is a ppu can bitch about the negative things, because you chose youre path....i tried apu....several times, 3 different servers...ended up lomming all of em to ppu....i find it 100x more challenging to keep someone alive than it is to kill someone......especially when the only way i can runcast is either strafing or walking backwards....finding a way to not accidentally heal the person youre trying to help kill.....its one thing to accidentally shoot youre ppu with youre HL...but healing an opponent in a battle might just cost you the win......what does being ppu mean to me? nothing, its just a game

icarium
07-12-03, 20:08
i like being a ppu for all the flashy sanctums, ooooh pretty lights.

and watching apu's die i get to see that a lot, i always make sure to sex their corpse before i rez them, it makes me feel even better than watching them die :D

but yes people shouting at you for buffs is annoying. whats really annoying is not having a big enuff quickbelt :mad: