PDA

View Full Version : Saturn factions unbalanced?

gizmojack
06-12-03, 09:29
Most runners are in TT, TG and CM.

ppl only go to Biotech and PP to do their Epics and get the chips.

Hardly anyone is in the other factions.

Whats the point of having these factions than? Neocron does not have a large enough player base for them. We should juz leave neocron as 3 factions.

Shadow Dancer
06-12-03, 09:30
I know it's outrageous. The thing is, it's like this on all servers. There's always 2-3 main factions. :(

I think part of the problem is the whole "you can kill these people, you can't kill these people" thing with enemies and allies. I wish KK would hurry up and make it so that clans can declare war on each other and not lose SL for killing people their at war with. :)

Phlith
06-12-03, 09:32
then you could be at war with everybody and then everyone gets a chance to die! :D

Shadow Dancer
06-12-03, 09:34
Originally posted by Phlith
then you could be at war with everybody and then everyone gets a chance to die! :D

Well the other clan would have to "agree" to the war i'm assuming. Otherwise you could get some pkers forming a small clan and declaring war on every clan out there. Hrmmm, not that that would be a bad thing. :D

superfresh
06-12-03, 09:46
Wish I could remember who said it, but there was a great quote in another thread by a guy who pointed out that people by nature don't like losing, so for the most part players gravitate to the factions with the most people.

No complaint really, other than that most of the best players are in these big factions. Having a lot of numbers backing you doesn't seem all that impressive. I'd love to see some of these uber players switch and represent the underspoken factions.

There was a time a few months ago when there was a Black Dragon clan with something like 10 people in it that kicked ass. I think they were "KRAY". They wreaked havoc on myself and my friends, and were way more impressive than the mega clans out there. They were like "The Dirty Dozen" or something; a group of highly skilled players that didn't need sheer numbers to back them. Damn those guys were good.

Unfortunately it now seems like you have to fight numbers with numbers, so I can see why "leet" clans like this don't really exist anymore.

There ARE still players in every faction. They just don't all own OPS and make their mark in the PvP arena. Personally I respect players who go Diamond or Tsunami or Biotech, simply because they are the least obvious, and the least easy faction choices ( at least on Saturn).

gizmojack
06-12-03, 09:50
FA seems dead on Saturn too. I mean there REALLY is hardly anyone online.

superfresh
06-12-03, 09:53
Aye. Actually, I'd consider FA the most challenging faction on Saturn right now, in lieu of recent developments.

FatDogg
06-12-03, 09:57
I'd like to see a big angry TH security brute squad in FA... Tried to start one, but nobody in the faction even seems interested. I'd like to see FA holding at least one op near TH.

DigestiveBiscui
06-12-03, 10:02
more people = more popular factions i guess

at least i can always dream of DRE taking ops :D

superfresh
06-12-03, 10:09
Most of the strong FA's went to TG, and the remaining ones are the tradeskillers whose backpacks carpet Techaven. We're doing our best though...

Anyway, regarding the topic, there is a strong gravitation to a limited number of factions. It may be a *slight* in-game issue, i.e., TG has all the fire mobs, CRP, and even MC5, CM has the MB with cyclops-midlevel power-levelling & Warbots. But theres also a player choice thing going on. I think the only misfortune is the vets are taking the easy way out and sticking with mega clans in well populated factions. If I were a good veteran NC'r, I'd mix it up a bit and try some new factions and clan setups. KK has given a lot of influential power to the players, but they aren't taking advantage of it. It's because of the players that NC has become so 2-dimensional, as far as faction choices go.

Omnituens
06-12-03, 10:19
We are trying to raise the strength of Crahn Sect on Saturn

only problem is TT/CM/TG are either allied or neutral, so we have to wait for someone in CA to take an op :(

Dissenter
06-12-03, 10:28
I'd like to see a big angry TH security brute squad in FA...

There was a few months back when NAT was around.

But now its just TG, TT and CM.

However Crahn is growing..

.Cyl0n
06-12-03, 10:40
LOL @ your sig SD :lol:

mean para whore :P

just wait till i finished my hybrid setup :P

*slaps*

:P

.cy

Shadow Dancer
06-12-03, 10:45
:p

I paraed you once, you deserved it for trying to gank me with a ppu and a tank. :p

Originally posted by .Cyl0n

just wait till i finished my hybrid setup :P

*slaps*

.cy

ONOZ!

I think 2 good hybrids will never kill each other TBH.

.Cyl0n
06-12-03, 10:50
Originally posted by Shadow Dancer

I think 2 good hybrids will never kill each other TBH.

lol i will use higher lvl spells than your lil halo crap :P

*slaps*

anway lets stop spamming the thread lol :)

.cy

Lanigav
06-12-03, 14:04
Yeah, right now its all about TT, CM, and TG. Faction strengths change though (FA used to be really powerful, now we're pathetic), so it shifts. Still, we need a bigger playerbase so we can have more factions that are powerful, instead of just 3.

Ulle
06-12-03, 14:27
I think in this area a lesson can be learnt from Venus, last time i checked they have 5+ colours spread over the map, sure some factions were more dominating that others but there are more factions involved than the standard TT, TG, CM found on other servers. They generally have the lowest player base out of the server (well, around the same as Pluto and Uranus).

J. Folsom
06-12-03, 14:42
As I just love quoting myself:

Originally posted by J. Folsom
Eh, soon enough there'll be a split in whatever the largest TG clan is, and one part of said clan will move to some new faction hostile to TG, then that faction either becomes the new super popular faction, with tons of members, a bunch of smaller clans, and one big clan which owns all the ops, after which the process repeats, except with a different faction then TG. Or, that faction never becomes popular, TG has a split later, and it repeats.

Just replace TG with a faction of your choice, in the above quote.

gizmojack
06-12-03, 19:02
Actually I think the main problem with TH is that there is no high lvling area. Hoverbots are not a good mob to take down.

MB has Warbots. TG has firemobs. Neocron is the main city.

If FA had a lvling area (e.g warbot )spawning at the enterance of say TH 3. I'm sure more ppl will go FA since we have a proper place to level.

Mumblyfish
06-12-03, 19:13
Originally posted by .Cyl0n
lol i will use higher lvl spells than your lil halo crap :P

Good. That means we "halo pussies" will smite your arse from here to Tuesday. NEXT Tuesday :p

We can runcast. You can't. Standing hybrid = dead hybrid.

06-12-03, 23:50
Originally posted by gizmojack
Actually I think the main problem with TH is that there is no high lvling area. Hoverbots are not a good mob to take down.

MB has Warbots. TG has firemobs. Neocron is the main city.

If FA had a lvling area (e.g warbot )spawning at the enterance of say TH 3. I'm sure more ppl will go FA since we have a proper place to level.
There are warbots one zone away from TH ...

Keiron
06-12-03, 23:56
Originally posted by DigestiveBiscui
more people = more popular factions i guess

at least i can always dream of DRE taking ops :D
I'm working on it :)

KimmyG
06-12-03, 23:58
I tell you why SL

No body wants some shitty faction with a load of greens people want a ncice list of red so

TT CM TG BD

Shadow Dancer
07-12-03, 00:01
Originally posted by KimmyG
I tell you why SL

No body wants some shitty faction with a load of greens people want a ncice list of red so

TT CM TG BD

Yup, exactly.

ezza
07-12-03, 00:07
We should juz leave neocron as 3 factions.

as fun as that would be im black dragon and proud of it, just cos the faction aint massivly populated doesnt mean you should fuckthem off:mad:

they should make it worthwhile being in the factions, not just which faction is flavour of the month

Lanigav
07-12-03, 07:19
Originally posted by #151988
There are warbots one zone away from TH ...

Yup, really good place if you don't have your rare yet because the spawns are somewhat area specific, and there isn't a huge amount of them so you won't get swamped. Still, there needs to be an area around FA that has a really good warbot spawn like the MB areas have.

VetteroX
07-12-03, 07:27
I persoanly want a faction with less people in it, means more enemies for me to kill. BD is the best right now cause i can kill CM and TG.

SnotNosedBrat
07-12-03, 07:40
all you need is about 10 people to defend an op

its possible with less

maybe 5-6 to take one

gizmojack
07-12-03, 08:12
When I come online, I talk in FA faction chat and get like 1 or 2 replies at best nowadays.

Omnituens
07-12-03, 11:04
Originally posted by SnotNosedBrat
all you need is about 10 people to defend an op
whatever.

even if you repel the first wave, the attackers will just call in reinforcements (mainly in the shape of APU/PPU combos) and send you packing.

the 3 factions currently dominating (TT, TG, CM) have LOADS of members and TT have quite a few allies to call on.

versus an up and comming faction you probably could hold an op with 10, but against the big 3, 10 don't stand a chance really.

EDIT: that is true unless you start using lamer tactics eg stealth turreting of op

trigger hurt
07-12-03, 11:19
In actuality, Saturn TG has already seen a fairly earth shaking change. Many of New Dawn have gone inactive or have left completly, either to solo or join another faction.

There are still a few 'large' clans in the canyon. But, in my opinion, they won't ever be comparable to ND, HOT, NAT or some of the other clans of old that weilded a mighty fist on Saturn.

I was a little apprehensive at first, being TG, but I have found BD to be quite fun. No whining on faction chat that TT's have 100 people at cycrow and are making a move toward tezla. BD Faction chat is nice and quiet.

Omnituens
07-12-03, 11:24
Originally posted by trigger hurt
There are still a few 'large' clans in the canyon. But, in my opinion, they won't ever be comparable to ND, HOT, NAT

ND is NAT with added americans.

Divide
07-12-03, 12:00
Originally posted by Omnituens

dont you just fucking hate us dirty americans omni. we are just some sons of bitches basically.

superfresh
07-12-03, 12:24
When I come online, I talk in FA faction chat and get like 1 or 2 replies at best nowadays.

We're out there. I'm guessing that a lot of the people hearing you are tradeskillers. It's tough being an FA right now. But that makes us a challenging and therefore admirable faction, I figure.

The Techaven security botch really sucks though. Might as well give the apartments public lifts and doors.

RuButt
07-12-03, 12:30
well....there wuz liek.......mah crew....and sum other BDs some months back...

ETAH
Al-Qaeda
HATE
Red Symphony

and whatever that clan is named now...

btw, anyone remember itth malmsteen, Edrahgor, s0lo malmsteen & knar malmsteen ?

Sefran
07-12-03, 12:33
I do =)

ezza
07-12-03, 13:27
just cos people dont reply on faction chat dont mean there not out there, one of my chars is proto, was playing last night when someone was asking for help, now id been wandering around and seen a number of protos about, but not saying anything on faction, in the end i gave assistance.

i like the quiet BD faction chat, i came from the spam channel they call the merc faction chat

Comie
07-12-03, 14:07
(Pluto)
bring back CD i say... i owe them a few HL up the ass *grumbles about being ganked when he was rank 20.....MeGaMaN Grumle*

Cruzbroker
07-12-03, 16:44
You know how boring and quiet it is..
at uranus there's been the same ops the same way like many many many weeks..

•Super|\|ova•
07-12-03, 17:04
Well, PP tends to be left in the shadows since it has so few hostile factions. PP is typically the starting faction for ppl who know what they are doing.

You want to hear a joke? Ok. Once upon a time there was a ProtoPharm clan which held outposts. :rolleyes:

Yes, the lack of players in that factin is kind of sad but at least the guys who are PP for real I know are really nice people.

SigmaDraconis
07-12-03, 17:45
well Clans usually determine the average size of a faction....if you want equal faction numbers..you want equal powered clans, a clans power is most dependant on its players skills, some people will always have more skill than others.....unless KK keeps on this path.. as it is skill is starting to mean less and less in this game...since that is the case.. numbers will matter (and already matter just as much if not more than skill)....

one of 2 things will happen from here

1) Clan power will equalize causing either nobody to fight..because odds are too even ( and they dont want to risk losing) or battles will go back and forth giving everyone alot of fun for now...but both will also result in lots and lots of ninja hacking :O

2) Eventually one clan will get just enough more members to give them a noticable edge over everyone else, soon after you hit this point the bandwagoning begins, other clans may band together/merge/ frantically increase numbers to counter this bandwagon effect...eventually we get back to the OP environment we started with, having 2-3 clans holding most the power.

Dissenter
07-12-03, 19:32

Don't forget the candadian on the side...

Sigma
07-12-03, 23:36
Originally posted by Shadow Dancer
I wish KK would hurry up and make it so that clans can declare war on each other and not lose SL for killing people their at war with. :)

i hope the add an "take all"-button

Psycho Killa
07-12-03, 23:41
Originally posted by Comie
bring back CD i say... i owe them a few HL up the ass

You'll have to wait for neptune ;)

s0apy
08-12-03, 00:07
Originally posted by Dissenter
Don't forget the candadian on the side...

and also a couple of us scottish sheep shaggin', stone throwin', thistle bitin', kilt wearin', hoots monin', testicle kickin', blue face paintin', haggis eatin', mars bar fryin', rangers or celtic supportin', english baitin', highland dancin' nutters too.

um, well - me and T72 at any rate.

Magnazan
08-12-03, 03:57
There is a new war - Change is coming be prepared